Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to roll back your save

Comments

• BlessedSilenceBlessedSilence Posts: 6 New Member
    Thank you for making this post. When I put in the update on 12/20/14, it 'deleted' my household and premade house. Even though they were in my Library.

Sadly, doing the steps to rollback the saves didn't help, so essentially, the Origin update broke my game, resetting it to if I just installed and loaded it.

All that time gone. /sigh
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Thank you for making this post. When I put in the update on 12/20/14, it 'deleted' my household and premade house. Even though they were in my Library.<br />
    <br />
    Sadly, doing the steps to rollback the saves didn't help, so essentially, the Origin update broke my game, resetting it to if I just installed and loaded it.<br />
    <br />
    All that time gone. /sigh

That never happened to me. Sorry for that. :0 I suppose backing up your game files before updating would prevent such a thing from happening again.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • BlessedSilenceBlessedSilence Posts: 6 New Member
    > @icmnfrsh said:

> That never happened to me. Sorry for that. :0 I suppose backing up your game files before updating would prevent such a thing from happening again.

Well, I removed the game for now. In the future I'll make sure to do just that!
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    It might be safer before you allow the game to update, to rename that whole folder with a 2 after it or something, and then update and let it recreate a whole new folder to test run after the update. Get out, either delete or rename the new folder, and rename the old folder back to its original name.
  • AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    This is a lifesaver! It worked for the glitch I had which struck AGAIN and I freaked since I thought I'd lose my families! Thank you so, so much!
    Let them eat cake.
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    Does this work on The Sims 3? If so, I'm feeling very guilty now...
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

nope so no worries because you only get one back up copy in 3.
    ceejay402 wrote: »

nope so no worries because you only get one back up copy in 3.

That backup copy in TS3 did save my life back then, IIRC.

Still, it'd be best to back data up. I use a tool Microsoft made called SyncToy to help update backup files with less hassle.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Barje07Barje07 Posts: 6 New Member
    Can I just delete all the saves completely I don't care about the saved games I'd rather try it to see if it will delete a corrupted file. .is that safe to do? Or should I not delete?
    Barje07 wrote: »
    Can I just delete all the saves completely I don't care about the saved games I'd rather try it to see if it will delete a corrupted file. .is that safe to do? Or should I not delete?

Considering that the saved games are the only unique and irreproducible files and that you don't care about them, it's okay if you just delete stuff.

• zackstriderzackstrider Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunately none of this has worked for me, and I'm really upset. It wouldn't matter if I had saved my Sims to the gallery like I usually do, but I didn't, and now I REALLY want them back.

I moved all my games (including Sims 4) to an external hard drive (E:). I had to download it again, and now it's treating itself like it's a completely new game, even though my old save files are also on the external hard drive. Have you encountered this problem before? If so, what do I do?

*Edit* Looking at my computer, it seems like it's created another Electronic Arts folder in my documents on my hard drive (C:) for itself again. Should I just move the folder that's on (E:) back to (C:)?

*Edit 2* My theory worked, sorry for any inconveniences my posting may have caused.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    So glad I bookmarked this thread in case I needed it someday. That someday came yesterday and I was able to get my save back today. THANK YOU so much for posting this guide (*)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • sims21975sims21975 Posts: 214 Member
    yea thanks a lot on this ,because lol on me iv`e been just deleting as i thought the older games in that file , an i`ll come up with zipo ,on the last saved game ,man thanks a lot with this.this is quite dum that thay put its together like this ...bummerrrrrrr..... :#:) (*) (*) for you.....
    2qxq5qd.jpg
    cheek me out on the gallery #sims21975
  • GymeaLillieGymeaLillie Posts: 106 Member
    Thanks. :-)
  • naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    This isn't working for me at all. For some reason it's like 5 versions of the same save. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.
  • Bumblebee26200Bumblebee26200 Posts: 239 Member
    Oh my gosh thank you so so much!! I just had a really annoying situation where I loaded a family and played with them, but for some reason when I next went to log on they had overwritten the family I had played with before them! Thank goodness I was able to roll back and save them.

Has anyone had that situation at all or know how to avoid it?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Oh my gosh thank you so so much!! I just had a really annoying situation where I loaded a family and played with them, but for some reason when I next went to log on they had overwritten the family I had played with before them! Thank goodness I was able to roll back and save them.

Use Save As, not Save, so you can be sure you're saving the right savegame. And name your save something distinctive, so you're not relying only on seeing the name of the last household you played.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Bumblebee26200Bumblebee26200 Posts: 239 Member

Use Save As, not Save, so you can be sure you're saving the right savegame. And name your save something distinctive, so you're not relying only on seeing the name of the last household you played.

Ah ok thanks! :) I rarely use 'save as' so that's probably the issue ^^;
  • mollypmollyp Posts: 1 New Member
    This saved me! Thank you so much! I saved my game to an already saved game that I put so much work in to but I was able to get everything back. Wooohooo!!
  • AwalkingdragonAwalkingdragon Posts: 76 Member
    darn, isnt working for me.
    I do have two 'the sims' maps on my computer. The earlier one has a 'last crash..' file. Should I delete the new one and try again?
    Courage
  • jennystongejennystonge Posts: 3 New Member
    Is anyone who has had success with this using a mac? I am using a mac running Yosemite, and I couldn't get this to work for me. It would just delete the save completely. Unfortunately, I also spent two hours of my life chatting with EA before they said they could't help...
    darn, isnt working for me.
    I do have two 'the sims' maps on my computer. The earlier one has a 'last crash..' file. Should I delete the new one and try again?

Hmm...I'm not sure. I haven't bought the newest packs, so I don't know if they changed anything in the format.
    Is anyone who has had success with this using a mac? I am using a mac running Yosemite, and I couldn't get this to work for me. It would just delete the save completely. Unfortunately, I also spent two hours of my life chatting with EA before they said they could't help...

Not a Mac user here. Sorry. In theory it should be similar, but maybe they implemented it differently for Mac.

• AwalkingdragonAwalkingdragon Posts: 76 Member
    > @jennystonge said:
    > Is anyone who has had success with this using a mac? I am using a mac running Yosemite, and I couldn't get this to work for me. It would just delete the save completely. Unfortunately, I also spent two hours of my life chatting with EA before they said they could't help...

It worked for me.
    However I had on my mac two maps called 'the sims'. I moved the saved data to the newest map (from the may 4th update) and it's back. So I don't know if this is useful for you.
    Courage
  • Ivana_IvanaIvana_Ivana Posts: 1 New Member
    i don't have .save file without .ver HELP!
    i don't have .save file without .ver HELP!

If you mean that all of them have .ver after them, rename the one with .ver0. Just delete ".ver0" at the end. The game should show you the most recent save it can remember.