Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nomad Challenge - Requires Outdoor Retreat

Comments

• dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    So I started this challenge and I love it. It is very different from my ISBI and my legacy I have going on and I love it.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    I ended up getting air mattresses. I have no idea why they wouldn't sleep. They all kept trying to go to the park bench nearby and sleep.

So strange. Maybe it's something they'll fix in the next patch. I haven't run into any issues yet, but if I hear of a solution, I'll let you know.
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

edited February 2015
    So I started this challenge and I love it. It is very different from my ISBI and my legacy I have going on and I love it.

I'm so glad you're enjoying it. I wanted a break from the constant skill grind of the other challenges I'm playing, and wanted to explore and collect... So, I figured this was a good way to do it. I'm still enjoying my legacy and apocalypse challenges, too... I just needed a little time off from that play style.

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Now that I've completed all the collections the challenge is getting kinda boring. All I have left to do is get the U.F.O. plant to perfect and get the house worth up to $350,000.
    Sorry it's getting boring after completing the collections. Perhaps $350,000 is too high? I hadn't play-tested it when I picked a number. I'm thinking of making a points system for it and having it be only 2 generations long.... Like, give points for each unique item in your museum and the challenge ends when the second generation dies. I'd have to adapt the rules significantly, though, to make it a shortened generation challenge. After playing through, do you think two generations is enough or too easy?

• Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Graft the UFO plant onto something that grows fast and is already perfect. The fruit from the grafted plant should still be perfect, so then you'd just need to plant it and wait for it to grow. That should be faster than trying to evolve one. Grafting your high-value crops onto fast-growing plants will also help you earn money faster from selling produce.

I don't know whether 350K is too much or not, VanillaChai. Sims can easily earn that much in one generation by painting or writing, and you already said that earning money from crafting is okay after the first collection is completed.
    I didn't see the post that earning money crafting was ok. I've been trying to do it with just fishing, gathering and gardening. I also didn't graft any of my plants because I thought I had to have a pure perfect plant not a perfect grafted plant. I took a break today and played another challenge. I managed just about everything in 2 generations so I think it's possible.
    I think you do need pure perfect plants for your museum. I was suggesting that you grow some extra plants for grafting. I'm doing another challenge too, the Apocalypse challenge, and I expect it's going to take at least a couple months. I've put this challenge on hold for now, unless I need a break from the Apocalypse, but I do plan to finish it.
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    I think you do need pure perfect plants for your museum. I was suggesting that you grow some extra plants for grafting. I'm doing another challenge too, the Apocalypse challenge, and I expect it's going to take at least a couple months. I've put this challenge on hold for now, unless I need a break from the Apocalypse, but I do plan to finish it.

I put it on hold as well. I started a random legacy. I plan to do the Apocalypse sometime as well. I tried it in Sims 3 and failed miserably.
  • tiredraventiredraven Posts: 15 New Member
    I started this challenged tonight, and I must say - it's pretty challenging! My pair really kind of suffered when I was trying to wait around on lots long enough for potatoes and onions to spawn so they could grill food for themselves instead of aimlessly skilling until someone accidentally fed them.

I'm really enjoying it so far, and particularly enjoying the currently-small save file as I am spending way more time wandering around the worlds than I usually do in my games. I've never had the discipline to collect all the plants and fish, so here's to being more diligent! :P
    Haha I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

• crstassecrstasse Posts: 33 Member
    I started this challenge yesterday and I have to admit it was tough going (I've done a fair few of these), the hardest thing I found was getting one complete collectible item. I didn't have the foresight to buy in a block with a toilet! Somehow, my two Sims managed to get there. I found out how to breed frogs through google :) Which did become my first collectible, but it took me 17 sim days!! Glad to say my sims have now just had a son and are still young enough, though father just aged up to adult today, to have a couple of more kids.
    Great challenge!!!
  • LeahMaria23LeahMaria23 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have played all the sims and this is the first time I have heard of challenges and I am excited to try some! Yours is the first challenge Im gonna try its awesome! I have decided that even when i get the chance to buy things, from finishing the first collection, I will still like to be living outside to make the experience more real! Thanks for the awesome challenge! I'll keep you posted if I can haha!
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I started this challenge today. So far, I am having fun and can't wait to buy a tent but money is slow coming in since I have to keep what I collect. This is a good challenge though. I think getting that much money for the house might be hard. I don't know as I have never tried. Time will tell.
  • 110821012110821012 Posts: 51 Member
    Very good!
  • FloralGamerFloralGamer Posts: 4 New Member
    I started this challenge and it's so much fun! I'm posting it as I go along. I haven't gotten very far, but it's awesome. Great job on creating it!
  • arintiaarintia Posts: 251 Member
    I'll be doing a Lets Play of this :)
    I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world! [ Elton John, Your Song ]
  • FightthesunFightthesun Posts: 1 New Member
    Are we allowed to use cowplants if we have them?
    I would say yes. I don't see anything in the rules that would restrict the use of cowplants so go ahead, at least until VanillaChai says otherwise.
  • PlummetsPlummets Posts: 6 New Member
    This has been super dead for a while but I just wanted to pop in to say I'm trying it out! So far I'm enjoying it a lot. :) Finally getting to explore more with the outdoor retreat pack-- I've been so caught up in the apocalypse challenge that I never really got a chance to use it.
  • PlummetsPlummets Posts: 6 New Member
    I had to make some rule adjustments because of toddlers, they aren't compatible with the outdoor sleeping stuff or the showers or whatnot. Hopefully they can make some adjustments to the packs in order to keep toddlers a part of them.
  • xxtherealdjxxxxtherealdjxx Posts: 1 New Member
    quick question, am I allowed to not plant the cowberry? I don't want to have to lure people into the trap, and I think it would take too much time.
    quick question, am I allowed to not plant the cowberry? I don't want to have to lure people into the trap, and I think it would take too much time.

I haven't been on this thread in a long time but I thought I'd answer quick. Yea, you can't complete the gardening collection without a cowberry. You can graft to make one and then never actually plant it though. Once you have the cow berry in your inventory it counts for the collection. Now, you can make a lot of money from cow berries. If you plant them... then don't let them grow... go into build mode and sell them. They sell for $475 planted and only $20 unplanted. Good luck! I did this challenge right after Outdoor Retreat came out. It's a lot of fun.
  • SenileSimmerSenileSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm so behind the times! I've only played Sims 4 once and because I wasn't familiar with game mechanics, I spent most of my time at home. I decided to give this a whirl since I think it will give me more of a chance to go out and explore the world. I have the first episode up on my YT channel if anyone wants to wants and give constructive input. https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=2ypK8uNrEeQ Thanks! I'm so glad there are people who are creative enough to think of these challenges!
  • Alexia0517Alexia0517 Posts: 6 New Member
    This challenge looks interesting, and I'm trying it out now. I've already broken a few rules