Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

pregnancy & not aging?

I notice my sim is glitching whilst pregnant. She won't age while pregnant yet her hubby continues to. Has this been fixed? Is anyone else having this problem?
-Stilw8tin

'Happiness Can Be Found, Even In The Darkest Of Times' - Dumbledore

Comments

• FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yes, I posted about it here a while back but I don't think anyone else chimed in. It is happening in my game too.

In my opinion, kids age you. Not the other way around. :#
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    It's not a bug: it's built into the game that Sims don't age up while pregnant. They will age up after they've had the baby.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    I have the same issue. My sims don't age while pregnant, which is actually a bit annoying because if they have say a totoal of 4 or 5 pregnancies that's between 12 and 15 days not aged and they end up quite a bit younger than their husbands -_-.
    Shhh!

• MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    It annoyed me at first that the wives ended up so much younger than their husbands if there were multiple pregnancies, but I decided if it bothered me that much, I could have the wife's birthday whenever I wanted -- concurrent with husband, day after husband, whatever.
  • ThitPoulsenThitPoulsen Posts: 54 Member
    edited January 2015
    It's not a bug: it's built into the game that Sims don't age up while pregnant. They will age up after they've had the baby.

In sims 3 they would age up once the baby was born if they were set to age up to adult or elder during the pregnancy, but they would still continue to age during the pregnancy itself. Thats not whats happening here. The sims litteraly do not age while they are pregnant. even if they are only mid-life stage. Its a bug. at least if not, then its a crappy way to make the aging work.
  • aprilludgateaprilludgate Posts: 86 Member
    i noticed this and i was worried that my sim would never age. when she gave birth i was so relieved once she started aging again. i feel like ceasing aging only makes sense in the case of an adult sim who is approaching becoming an elder when she becomes pregnant. it doesn't have a place with young adults or adults who are early or halfway through the life stage.
  • Stilw8tinStilw8tin Posts: 662 Member
    Okay, so as least I know it's not just me. But I never used to notice this happening. I hope they fix it (if it's a glitch)
    -Stilw8tin

Still having this problem, I never noticed it before, is it for sure normal in the game? Cause it's really annoying :/ She's been stuck at 16 days left (till adult) for her whole pregnancy... as soon as she gives birth, she ages each day again....
    -Stilw8tin

• NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited February 2015
    Yes, it's normal. It's not a problem. I've seen a million discussions made about it. Just age her up with a birthday cake when you feel she should be aging up.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
    Oh, well I hope they make a mod soon lol, thanks :)
    -Stilw8tin

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I did the 100 baby challenge. I realized quickly that the mother didn't age while pregnant. By the time that she finally died her oldest kids would be elders.
  • NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    Stilw8tin wrote: »
    Oh, well I hope they make a mod soon lol, thanks :)

I'm not sure how hard it would be to mod it. It'd probably break too much and there's no point in it when you can, as noted, just age them up with a cake when you feel like they need to move on to the next stage.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    You know, I'm pretty sure at least part of the reason a Sim doesn't age while pregnant is to eliminate the risk of her aging into an ELDER during pregnancy. An easier and more functional option would have been to program the game to make it impossible for a Sim to get pregnant if she's 3-4 days away from aging into an Elder... But that's just me.
    Shhh!

• creamceecreamcee Posts: 65 Member
    If you're worried about your male sim (husband) getting a lot older than his sim wife, you can just temporarily stop your household's aging. After your pregnant sim has already given birth then you can just set your settings back to default so that both of your sims (husband & wife) are still of the same age :)

Happy Simminggg o/ :)
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    RoseAzul wrote: »
    You know, I'm pretty sure at least part of the reason a Sim doesn't age while pregnant is to eliminate the risk of her aging into an ELDER during pregnancy. An easier and more functional option would have been to program the game to make it impossible for a Sim to get pregnant if she's 3-4 days away from aging into an Elder... But that's just me.

It was like that in Sims 2, you couldn't get them pregnant if they were less then like 5 days from elder.

Thanks! It's more of an OCD thing that's bugging me with it haha. Oh well, I'll deal with it lol!
    -Stilw8tin

• ImSoSciFiImSoSciFi Posts: 63 Member
    I'm playing the 100 Baby Challenge so it's very helpful that they don't age but now her oldest child will be older than her...
  • Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    edited August 2015
    That would be a fantastic idea. Just like in The Sims 2!

Btw. i have the same issue.
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member

Hello @Skyfri_Himmel. Sims not ageing when pregnant is a part of the game. It is built into the game.
  • Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    edited August 2015
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Skyfri_Himmel. Sims not ageing when pregnant is a part of the game. It is built into the game.

I know ;) I just dont like it
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Luke111Luke111 Posts: 98 Member
    They Don't age cause It can corrupt the Pregnancy/ kill the baby if they age up while prego

It's been said way sense sims 2.

Don't worry about it.
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Just buy the youth potion and have the husband drink it as soon as the wife is pregnant and his life stage will start over and he will still be in the same life stage when she has the baby. If they are still too far apart have them both drink the potion and start them both off the same stage again once she delivers. That will resync them.
  • JaimmerJaimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    http://modthesims.info/d/591751 mod so your sim will age while preagnet