Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want a new Story Progression

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    Just want to say I AGREE and leave these pics here that I photoshopped:

xxoEBRQ.png

SCEGHID.png

I made this yesterday. @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruLyndsay.

I would rather have individual options for each household, rather than one set of options for houses that have SP enabled.

For example... I would like my single sims to find love on their own while I'm not playing them, but marry them myself. Townies would have all boxes checked so they could do as they liked. Married/coupled sims would have romance and divorce options disabled unless I wanted one/both of them to cheat.

Maybe the SP buttons would be better in the Manage Households area, so you could set them for each household including homeless townies/evicted sims.

For sure, that would be awesome. Or maybe an SP button in the options menu could open up an interface like the one I posted, and we could set those individual options.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    If they can't put in a decent story progression, it would be nice if they could implement a way to direct inactive sims to do things. I don't want to play them, but I still want them to get jobs, get married, have babies, and it would be nice to be able to do this from a menu.
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    Just want to say I AGREE and leave these pics here that I photoshopped:

xxoEBRQ.png

SCEGHID.png

I made this yesterday. @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruLyndsay.

This is perfect.
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I'd like a "Turn off story progression for all played houses" button as well, save me a bit of time, other then that it's great. That way I could have the townie sims get married and have families in townieland and have my played Sims left for me to do what I want with them.
  • Options
    MegasaurusMegasaurus Posts: 134 Member
    Oh god I would love some options for story progression.
    I remember when they were talking about how improved everything was going to be in TS4....our sims would feel more alive than ever and lots would be more active. But omg after a generation or two the towns are completely dead. I want to see townies actually having lives not just showing up at whatever venue I bring my sims to.
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    Megasaurus wrote: »
    Oh god I would love some options for story progression.
    I remember when they were talking about how improved everything was going to be in TS4....our sims would feel more alive than ever and lots would be more active. But omg after a generation or two the towns are completely dead. I want to see townies actually having lives not just showing up at whatever venue I bring my sims to.

I know the feeling. The whole neighbourhood is dead. No one is having kids except when I'm playing an active family I have to FORCE them to have kids. When I had NRAAS story progression mod the whole town was alive. Sims were dating, breaking up, getting engaged, getting married, having kids, divorcing ect. But now? Nothing. I really want story progression :)
  • Options
    MegasaurusMegasaurus Posts: 134 Member
    Seeing familiar family names when out and about in town is one of those things I didn't realize I loved until it was gone.
    I usually do generational style play, especially now that family trees are back, and it sucks that the townie families don't progress on their own. Makes for some lopsided family trees.

Granted I have limited knowledge of game development but it seems to me if the modding community could come up with such clever solutions in TS3 then the actual devs should be able to make a variety of story progression options...even without it being open world.
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    Right, well I'm sure we all know what options we'd like, now does anyone have any ideas of how these options should be controlled so it doesn't suddenly go totally nutty?
  • Options
    rosiep2010rosiep2010 Posts: 247 Member
    I really hope they do add story progression, I miss watching the families grow like in the sims 3
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    A better story progression is a must have for the near future of TS4, we need more options on this aspect, like we have in TS3. I just hope that, if they add it sometime to TS4, they take care to do it with a good performance.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.