Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnancy tweaks

So, I was playing a family yesterday and go to thinking about the Sims pregnancies. I think there are a few little "tweaks" that could be made to make them a little more fun....funner...whatev. lol

Mood Swings. I think preggo sims should get mood swings. You can go from being totally happy one minute, to being sad or angry the next. Maybe something that normally wouldn't affect a sim's emotions can set them off while preggo.

Cravings. Cause, duh. Pregnant women get cravings!! If they get that craving satisfied, there could be a specific moodlet saying such.

Less predictable births. This may not be an option, I don't know how it all works, but once they hit the 3rd trimester, I think it should vary from giving birth RIGHT AWAY....to it waiting a few days. Maybe Sims could get an "Overdue" moodlet, that makes them super uncomfortable, if they have gone past their "due date".

Anyway....just a few little things I was thinking about while playing. :) HAPPY SIMMING!

Comments

• Options
    mjlangridgemjlangridge Posts: 33 Member
    Agreed! Not to mention ultrasounds..being able to figure out if its a boy or girl before hand! I knows there were mods for that in Sims 3, but it would be cool if stuff like that was included with a hospital!
    I am Margaret Langridge, writer, blogger, reader, and Simmer.
    http://mwlangridge-awritersjourney.com/
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    All of these ideas sound awesome! I hope they're added soon... Maybe... Hah
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I love all these ideas, especially the idea of ultrasounds. Since the EP is going to focus on hospitals and medicine it should be easy to include an ultrasound function in with those.
  • Options
    babybunnymeisbabybunnymeis Posts: 78 Member
    Yeah it would be nice if the pregnant Sims could go for a check-up and get an ultrasound and a predicted due date. Then the actual birth date could vary and give moodlets accordingly. :smile: And yes, there have to be some emotions in the pregnancy. To me, the only difference I really feel when a Sim is pregnant is when she suddenly disappears to throw up... That's not really fun now :wink:
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    Andygal wrote: »
    I love all these ideas, especially the idea of ultrasounds. Since the EP is going to focus on hospitals and medicine it should be easy to include an ultrasound function in with those.

I was thinking the exact same thing that would be awesome.

I agree with OP especial about cravings, also i thing they should add a way of us being able to make girls and boys like in sims 3 if you eat an apple for boys or watermelon for girls.
  • Options
    pythonpunkgirlpythonpunkgirl Posts: 240 Member
    I love these ideas. I think it would be nice if the mother (and father if he went too) could get little moodlets like "heard baby's heartbeat" or "did baby just wave at me?" after the appointment. It would also be pretty cool, for the second and third trimesters, if the mother could get a moodlet about the baby kicking. When I was pregnant, feeling my daughter move around inside was the most unreal and awesome feeling (except for when I was trying to sleep).
  • Options
    GilaVerdeGilaVerde Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm still new to TS4, never played the previous versions. I tend to play very conservatively or try to make as many 'friends' as possible.

Each pregnancy is happy news for both Sims. But I like to see the mother Sim pop the news to the father, he/she/both should have a nervousness or almost a "🐸🐸🐸🐸 am I going to do" emotion. This emotion would last for 2 days or entire trimester, affecting performance in work, social, eating...especially if the Sims is not prepared financially, not married, or just starting out. Make it more challenging and more RL.

Add also an emotion for having twins and triplets. Maybe the father passing out? And if the mother or father bails on the child(ren), some $$$ should be taken to cover support on each child.

Maybe I'm making the game too challenging.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    So, I was playing a family yesterday and go to thinking about the Sims pregnancies. I think there are a few little "tweaks" that could be made to make them a little more fun....funner...whatev. lol

Mood Swings. I think preggo sims should get mood swings. You can go from being totally happy one minute, to being sad or angry the next. Maybe something that normally wouldn't affect a sim's emotions can set them off while preggo.

Cravings. Cause, duh. Pregnant women get cravings!! If they get that craving satisfied, there could be a specific moodlet saying such.

Less predictable births. This may not be an option, I don't know how it all works, but once they hit the 3rd trimester, I think it should vary from giving birth RIGHT AWAY....to it waiting a few days. Maybe Sims could get an "Overdue" moodlet, that makes them super uncomfortable, if they have gone past their "due date".

Anyway....just a few little things I was thinking about while playing. :) HAPPY SIMMING!

What a great idea on the mood swings & cravings! I hope they incorporate this into the game.

My Sims pregnancies aren't that predictable. My current Sim has had 3 pregnancies & each have been different. She had morning sickness with the 1st, & morning sickness up to 2nd trimester with her 2nd, but her 3rd pregnancy she didn't have morning sickness. I've noticed too that my pregnant Sims don't give birth right away after the Labor message and the 3 hours are up. Some of mine have extended way beyond that. Maybe I have a glitch in my game LOL. I usually click the crib to 'Have Baby' just because the Labor can go on for so many hours LOL.
  • Options
    Tellie86Tellie86 Posts: 36 Member
    I love these ideas. They should also return to the hospital every "trimester" for new interactions. They could have a baby shower party too!
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member

You would've thought that since they have emotions now that the mood swings would be included in the game.

sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    MegasaurusMegasaurus Posts: 134 Member
    I really really love the idea of ultrasounds and finding out the gender of the baby.
    Also like to see more interactions for when a sim is preggo, there's really only "ask due date" and "feel tummy" at the moment.
  • Options
    rosiep2010rosiep2010 Posts: 247 Member
    I would love the hospital to include finding out the gender of the baby and even fertility treatment to have twins and triplets easier.
  • Options
    Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    I love the ideas you have proposed, and everyone else's ideas too. And I LOVE the idea of unpredictable births. It would be great to go overdue or give birth early.
  • Options
    Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    I love the idea of ultrasounds. It would also be cool to be able to put them on the fridge or have a "store memories" option on the bookshelf.
  • Options
    taylareneexxtaylareneexx Posts: 34 Member
    love it!!
  • Options
    GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member
    All this sounds so much fun! Love all of your ideas! And it seems to me, it would be an easy to add feature, since these are "only" some additional moodlets / whims! Very creative and effective ideas, to make the game "funner" ;-)
    (*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I totally agree, even though this was a while back i feel as we need more emotions and whims based on pregnancy it's so dull.
  • Options
    livingwithlife_livingwithlife_ Posts: 1 New Member
    Totally agree!! :)
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Exellent ideas! This would actually work very well with the emotion system. Great job!
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Oh gosh someone tweet these out to Gurus!!
    Please @SimGuruRusskii @SimGuruDrake please make this happen!!
    Tag anyone else fellow simmers!

200.gif
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    yes come on lets revive the thread/Discussion

now the idea is unpredictable pregnancies and mood swings
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Last time I played, my male Sim got pregnant with an alien baby. He lives with his sister. Oh wow but that's not gonna go down well with the neighbours...

And he had the whole hog of cravings, all the way up. I kept excercising him because at first I thought he was just fat (because his pregnancy kept being overshadowed by other moods).

Actually giving birth should be more than a few seconds of straining though. Heh, maybe an option to go to the hospital and travel with somebody (like the father) should come up, not just giving birth to a whole bassinet.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited February 2016
    Loanet wrote: »
    Actually giving birth should be more than a few seconds of straining though. Heh, maybe an option to go to the hospital and travel with somebody (like the father) should come up, not just giving birth to a whole bassinet.
    You can do this actually with GTW, and you have an option to bring along your spouse who proceeds to panic lol. The baby will still magically appear in a bassinet. I've only done it once cause the receptionist and doctor tend to stand around for quite a bit before they actually start the process >__>
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Lovely_KristyLovely_Kristy Posts: 643 Member
    Agreed! Not to mention ultrasounds..being able to figure out if its a boy or girl before hand! I knows there were mods for that in Sims 3, but it would be cool if stuff like that was included with a hospital!

There is a Pregnancy Mega Mod on ModTheSims, and I enjoy it alot.
    However you probably know that by now :D

giphy.gif

• Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I really like the idea of adding specific food cravings. Maybe a couple of odd food choices like pickles and ice cream could appear for pregnant Sims.