Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited February 2015
    naniminna wrote: »
    @Meg87 It really helps if you have decor that increases the focus emotion. I have an entire office that is just for focus related items and they are always enabled. It's in the computer room. They autonomously decide they want to do homework after playing a couple of video games or trolling the forum. I also have one in the dining room that I enable on occassion when they walk in through the door.
    @naniminna‌. Yeah, I've found that to be the case in my legacy but was too tired the other day to search for focusing items from the catalog. :smile:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    @Meg87 is there a way to shop for focus items in the catalog? i thought the only way to get them was to jump through career hoops... I fail.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @Meg87 is there a way to shop for focus items in the catalog? i thought the only way to get them was to jump through career hoops... I fail.
    I remembered the plumbob lamps I got from having expansion packs in Sims 3 when I was playing another game and I know that you can collect gems and such and get that table of elements thing, too. Maybe I could have my TH paint some focused paintings. Hmmm...
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • dethdukkdethdukk Posts: 11 New Member
    Focused paintings is by far the easiest way to get a focused aura in a room. I believe that 2-3 "good" quality paintings will give you +2 focused in a room. Otherwise, you can hit up the tech guru career and get a few focused items out of that eventually.
    Hm. I had every expansion and stuff pack except fast lane. Maybe I just didn't look at those plumbob lamps? Prob not.
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @naniminna - The Focused lamp is a lavender purple, I remember that much . . . Can't remember which EP it came from tho.
    @Lynnwood Question: How do we determine how much money is earned? I was going off of my achievement for this save file. Is that the correct way to calculate?
  • AJLOVER01AJLOVER01 Posts: 120 Member
    A little update.

Brandon aged to a teen, he looks like his dad but has his mom's eye color and nose.
    0winnNI.jpg

Jessica has maxed out a few skills now, she also finished the Musical Genius Aspiration and now is focusing on the Bestselling Author Aspiration now.
    edited February 2015
    @AJLOVER01 teen or not, isn't he hotttt? xD

Also I would love to see what Jessica looks like!
    @naniminna I know he is a cutie.

I did post a photo of Jessica earlier in the thread, but here is a reminder.
    sp0b6TV.jpg
    Oh. I didn't realize that was her everyday wear. I kind of meant like a full body pose. I should've been more specific.
    Oh. I didn't realize that was her everyday wear. I kind of meant like a full body pose. I should've been more specific.

LOL, I don't have a full body pose, maybe when she ages to a adult I'll get the shot.
    I hope you do! Her face is so gorgeous, I hope you do an image in her formal wear!!! =D
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @naniminna - That's a fine way to calculate it, I hadn't thought of that actually. I usually just use the info panel in build mode to see what the lot is worth and add it to their simoleons-on-hand. :)
    edited February 2015
    @Lynnwood Thank goodness. I wasn't sure. I just figured since that's how people doing the Rosebud challenge were tracking it, maybe that was what you had meant for here as well. (It's the same amount btw either way. Maybe you could add both ways up adding that up in the rules so then new players will know?)
    I hope you do! Her face is so gorgeous, I hope you do an image in her formal wear!!! =D

Here is the full body shot, in formal wear. LOL
    UZC0oWT.jpg
    @AJLOVER01 Wow! She is lovely. And it looks like you've got tons of cc hairs! So jealous over here. =P
    @AJLOVER01 Wow! She is lovely. And it looks like you've got tons of cc hairs! So jealous over here. =P

have you tried http://sims4hairs.com/ or http://sims4updates.net/category/hairstyles/
    No I have never heard of either of those CC sites before. Thank you! =D
    Hey @Lynnwood‌ ! So couple of things, I'll be updating the score sheet sometime soonish (probably when I finish my first generation) as it needs a couple lines added for aspirations partially or fully completed by NTH Sims. Hopefully I won't need to update the link, but it's a possibility.

Also, I thought I'd post up a link to my story now. I'm about 4 chapters in, with the first set of Nooboos having just been born. Current score is just over 300 points. http(colon)(doubleslash)tinyurl(dot)com(slash)q2t7hod
    @dethdukk I read a few chapters of your story, and I am dumbfounded. In personal games I always changed the aspirations based off what I was doing, now I'm kicking myself for not doing it here. I thought you couldn't for some reason, but now I realize that wasn't the case. *sighs* And awesome job!!! You are really coming along in this challenge!
    edited February 2015
    Edit: whoops, enter key posted instead of putting in another line, lol... lets try this again.

@naniminna‌ - I suspect the reason you were confused is because this is based off of the legacy rules, where that is the rule. Thanks for the compliments! Truthfully I didn't expect a response so quick, heh. Hopefully I had both parts of chapter 4 up by the time you got to it.
    @dethdukk I just went and read it too. I really hope that Robyn is more careful. Try to remember to feed the cowplant because fi it does eat her, then your nooboos won't have their mommy. =( Not to mention it counts as an accidental death. =/
    @naniminna‌ Just got done with your story. I chose not to use the insane trait myself. I've had it on some sims before and it's fun to have, but I'd rather not play 10 generations with it, heh. You've definitely taken it in an interesting direction though, very fun to read.
    @dethdukk Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty annoying when you have have 7 sims all at once that are insane. I had to come up with some reason why they all had this trait otherwise I was going to drive myself crazy. Thanks for reading! I'm glad you liked it! =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top