Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A world of empty lots please!

For those of us (and there are quite a lot of us) that rotational play each sim /family in the worlds, there is a major issue with space once the second generation grows up.

Family trees were marvelous. :)

But they're going to be useless unless my sim descendents have somewhere to move out to once they grow up. This is going to be a never ending issue unless developers figure out a way to solve it.

The worlds we've been given simply do NOT have enough lot space within them. The first game pack offered no new places for residents. The first expansion pack will offer no new places for residents.

An easy way to solve it would be a completely empty hood full of lots (subdivision / suburb?). It would be even better if this empty hood could be attached somehow to a specific "world" when needed, such as adding neighborhoods to existing ones in sims 2. When my population outgrew a neighborhood in sims 2 I just generated a new "shopping area" or whatnot that was custom & empty and continued on my way. I would imagine it not being too difficult to come up with something similar for sims 4.

If the vacant available lot issue doesn't get addressed soon, for rotational players like myself, it will be a serious problem. I have already started in on sims 2 again because I'm dreading when the next generation ages up.

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes. We definitely need more space. And empty world is fine by me. Even a couple of extra empty neighbourhoods would work for now.
  • KatzentanjaKatzentanja Posts: 74 Member
    I agree, I have already changed some community lots into homes but there is still not enough space!
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    I agree too. I miss being able to make my own (empty) world like in S3 and having tons of 64x64 lots where I could build as many houses as I wanted. It all feels pretty cramped in the S4 worlds.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There are Simmers whose barely-at-spec or below-spec computers probably can't handle another world added on to the ones we have - especially as that ought to come with raising the population cap from 180 to something higher! - but for those of us who can, this would be a fabulous thing. Those other Simmers would benefit from being able to keep the 180 cap and smaller, so they can eke out more playtime on the original requirements before they need to buy new computers.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Going from Sims 2 to Sims 4 the amount of lots you get is just insanely low and they are all so small as well even with MOO you cant even build to the edge of the small lots which makes it worse. I'm use to having the possibility of having 80 lots or more on each district had so much space I never ran out but Sims 4 I'm out of room already. The solution for me is not them creating more small worlds they need to open up CAW for the players because everything they make is ugly and small.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    edited February 2015
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Going from Sims 2 to Sims 4 the amount of lots you get is just insanely low and they are all so small as well even with MOO you cant even build to the edge of the small lots which makes it worse. I'm use to having the possibility of having 80 lots or more on each district had so much space I never ran out but Sims 4 I'm out of room already. The solution for me is not them creating more small worlds they need to open up CAW for the players because everything they make is ugly and small.

I couldn't make heads nor tails out of CAW for sims 3. I had major issues whenever I attempted to place new lots into a world once they gave it to us. That is why I was hoping for a sub-hood or something to add on as needed, even multiple times as necessary such as in sims 2.

Now if they could come up with a very user friendly CAW, well.........maybe someone could create the type of world I'd like to see at least. ;)

• NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    @Mollypop9 what a great idea! I dk much about programming or games but im willing to bet it would be easy to add a empty world.
  • Dazed_cassDazed_cass Posts: 83 Member
    I like to have big families and an extensive family tree. I desperately need new places to build houses!
    Id5yhh7.png?1
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Agree agree agree!!!

I don't have huge legacys. I don't even want massive lots.

I JUST want to be able to place many average size lots and build a few and place the many beautiful lots I've downloaded from the gallery.

And I like to create Themed neighborhoods.

A world of empty lots would be fantastic!!
  • DextroyerX2DextroyerX2 Posts: 267 Member
    That would be cool and maybe like have the world gain extra lots for buying game packs or expansion packs?
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Have you bulldozed all the lots in The Sims 4, or only building on blank lots? I ask this because so many people don't bulldoze Maxis lots and only build on Empty ones.

You have to remember, eventually the Sims 4 will have the largest amount of space for a single save in any Sims game. All the worlds will be available in a single save :) It may seem underwhelming now, but in the future it should be interesting. Remember in The Sims 2 base game, there was only one world per save, with no districts. And the original worlds weren't that big (between 20 - 40 lots per save).
    -
    It was a bit of a wait but eventually the Sims 2 had the most Residential Space per save than any game (yep including Sims 3).

Also the Gurus have said they know we want huge amounts of Residential Space and are working on it :)
  • Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    It would be nice to be able to create your own neighbourhoods too. I think, though, as the game expands, more neighbourhoods will be added and they will all be interlinked. Watch this space :)
  • GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member
    I believe, they will add new worlds and neighbourhoods soon. And I doubt that the new EP won't have any residential / empty lots for us. We'll get big new districts for sure. Just like in TS2 they will add new "neighbourhoods/worlds" over time. And I'm really really looking forward in TS4 future.
    (*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Have you bulldozed all the lots in The Sims 4, or only building on blank lots? I ask this because so many people don't bulldoze Maxis lots and only build on Empty ones.

You have to remember, eventually the Sims 4 will have the largest amount of space for a single save in any Sims game. All the worlds will be available in a single save :) It may seem underwhelming now, but in the future it should be interesting. Remember in The Sims 2 base game, there was only one world per save, with no districts. And the original worlds weren't that big (between 20 - 40 lots per save).
    -
    It was a bit of a wait but eventually the Sims 2 had the most Residential Space per save than any game (yep including Sims 3).

Also the Gurus have said they know we want huge amounts of Residential Space and are working on it :)

I can't stand Maxis lots, so yes, I've deleted them. That is one of the first things I do starting a new game, second thing is to delete all of their pre-made sims.

I hope you're right. There are other things, of course, I'd like to see in the game.......but this is a deal breaker for me because of the way I play the game. I can't do one family, even two is too few. I like muli-family playing because I get much deeper richer stories that way and I can watch my town grow and develop over time and generations.
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    YES!
    xo0yscju
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

-

You brought up a very interesting point. The Sims 2 base game was like that. But once we got the districts, everything was cohesive. I'm sure we'll get more space at some point. I'm looking forward to it.
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Good idea.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    There are Simmers whose barely-at-spec or below-spec computers probably can't handle another world added on to the ones we have - especially as that ought to come with raising the population cap from 180 to something higher! - but for those of us who can, this would be a fabulous thing. Those other Simmers would benefit from being able to keep the 180 cap and smaller, so they can eke out more playtime on the original requirements before they need to buy new computers.
    And why should the rest of us have to suffer for that?

• Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited February 2015
    also agreed,
    i need more space for my families, all my lots are already occupied
    & i even didn't really started with my regular play of diverse neighborhoods
    the extremely small world is one of the major causes why i stopped playing currently

& we need also lockable doors, so that appartments become possible,
    that way more normal families could dwell on one lot & the city would look less suburbian

btw people with low specs can let the lots unoccupied make a park out of it or something ...
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited February 2015
    catitude5 wrote: »

We shouldn't. That's why I'm suggesting that there should be a way that those other Simmers can backtrack from an added world (as I understand it, the OP isn't asking for a blank world instead of the current ones but rather as well as the current ones) or the increased overall population that that probably means. Lots won't know before they add these things that this is where their computers will give up. I suspect that increasing that population cap could be a good jolt in resources.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    catitude5 wrote: »

We shouldn't. That's why I'm suggesting that there should be a way that those other Simmers can backtrack from an added world (as I understand it, the OP isn't asking for a blank world instead of the current ones but rather as well as the current ones) or the increased overall population that that probably means. Lots won't know before they add these things that this is where their computers will give up. I suspect that increasing that population cap could be a good jolt in resources.

I thought it would work best the way they added neighborhoods in sims 2, as much for those with low specs as for those who don't have any desire to create a "world" (whatever they're calling it this time around) from the ground up.

Those who don't want/need additional space created by the subhoods would not need the game pack and would not have to buy it.

I also miss the locking doors. There are a lot of things I miss that I didn't think I would........like dishwashers, for example, or firemen to put out fires. Heck, I even miss the fact that we could be robbed in previous versions.
  • JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Had EA given a choice for each world, small or large based on your computer specs then we all wouldn't have to be playing in such small worlds to begin with. I do think under the circumstances that some empty worlds are a great idea.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
    JaciJade wrote: »
    Had EA given a choice for each world, small or large based on your computer specs then we all wouldn't have to be playing in such small worlds to begin with. I do think under the circumstances that some empty worlds are a great idea.

Oh, I would LOVE empty worlds. I just don't think they'll ever give them to us.

I remember being so excited that sims 4 was to be with the loading screens like sims 2, thinking we would be able to edit our worlds again........and then that came crashing down the first time I loaded up the game and saw how the worlds really were set up.

I hate hate hate these small worlds. Some of it has to do with that whole let's wander the world in search of treasure ect..........so the bulk of the world is wasted with lots you can only access while playing a sim in the game. I'm not big on treasure hunting and why can't that be done just on a regular community lot, instead on these inaccessible areas of the world? If I want to go treasure hunting, I'll go play an RPG, not a life simulator.

• SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited February 2015
    For TS3, Create a World was released *6 months* after the release of the base game.
    I'm staying optimistic until then.

But I have a little concern. Notice that in live mode we can see the town in the distance, and it looks very colorful and complex. There are what appears to be commerce, mountains, beautiful houses, cityscapes, etc... all of which are not accessible in Town View or Live Mode. These elements are not only in the far distance, they're incorporated into the town itself. So my concern is how they are planing on incorporating these elements in CAW, since they're not items we could just drag and drop, as far as I'm concerned?
    Post edited by SmokeyBearz on