Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Business Owners/Employees Be Considered as 'Employed'?

I'm just wondering if our Sims who own a business will have that appear as their job title? Or will it carry along the same lines as Sims 2 where business owners are considered as unemployed? And the same question for Sims we hire too - will they have sales assistant/cashier, etc as their job title? Just a little thought :)
tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif

Comments

• LoopyLizzieLoopyLizzie Posts: 76 Member
    It could make for interesting storylines if the sims could keep their jobs while trying to make their business work. :)
  • Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    It could make for interesting storylines if the sims could keep their jobs while trying to make their business work. :)

If you're talking about having a real job (like Athlete or Doctor) while also running a business, it's been confirmed that you can do that.
  • Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    I kind of hope so -- after all, if you own a little boutique downtown, you're not exactly unemployed. Actually, you undoubtedly work longer and harder hours than a 9to5er at an office building or whatever. Honestly, I'm hoping they bring back the "self-employed" careers again; having my writer sim, who's making over a thousand a day in royalties, listed as "unemployed" is frankly a bit insulting. However, in Sims 4 the unemployed sims don't nag you to get a job like they have in previous games, which is something.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • JialimeiJialimei Posts: 61 Member
    Oh yes, self-employed would be great! Even if it's just a title, I would think that the idea goes along quite well with this expansion. <3 Maybe it will be added in the update?
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Caitie85 wrote: »
    I kind of hope so -- after all, if you own a little boutique downtown, you're not exactly unemployed. Actually, you undoubtedly work longer and harder hours than a 9to5er at an office building or whatever. Honestly, I'm hoping they bring back the "self-employed" careers again; having my writer sim, who's making over a thousand a day in royalties, listed as "unemployed" is frankly a bit insulting. However, in Sims 4 the unemployed sims don't nag you to get a job like they have in previous games, which is something.

Yes, this was what I was thinking too! My Sims used to spend every waking hour in their business in TS2, and it kinda frustrated me that they were considered unemployed. However, @LoopyLizzie - you make a really good point actually! It would be quite cool to have a job in addition to a business. Maybe we can have a business slot, and a career slot - then we can have none, one, or both types of jobs! :grin: Thanks for all of your answers guys!
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I like the "self employed" option. That's how it is in the real world. You do work (sadly not always earning a paycheck but that's a whole other issue)....so you're not "unemployed" but you're not really an employee OF someone either.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.