Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resetting Sims 1 Neighborhoods

WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
I never wanted to do this years and years ago when Sims 1 was current, and now I can't find an answer anywhere online. Is there a way to reset the neighborhoods so that whatever I've done is reverted back to the way it was when I first installed the game?
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited February 2015
    To reset Sims 2 neighborhoods, just take the Neighborhood folder completely out. I usually place it on my desk top, and then start your game. This will cause the game to make a brand new Neighborhood folder, and everything will be like it was when you first installed your game. After you are sure all is the way you want you can do what ever you want with the old Neighborhood file, including deleting it if you so choose.

Sorry about that, when I read over your question, I did not see the Sims 1 part. :\
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    edited February 2015
    Wilderwolf,
    Not sure if you can without uninstalling it. Maybe try removing the game data file and see if it regenerates a new folder. Not sure remember Sims1 does not really work like the other sims games as far as placing the game files on the desk top or just deleting it out of the game it self but hay try like we would for sims 2. I am not sure how to do what you are asking as I have had my game on my computer for ever. When I added two new hard drives I just cloned it all over from old hard drive to new one. Just so that I would not have reinstall everything.
    Your simmy,
    Winterloc B)
  • Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    I remember trying to do that many years ago, and uninstalling solved it, but not until I realised the discs were broken and I just uninstalled it. :disappointed:
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    I can't seem to find info on this as is your game now HOWEVER in the future if and when you uninstall / reinstall:

Take your brand new reinstalled game,

Go to "Computer / C / Program Files (x86) / Maxis / Thesims / UserData" (this is my path on windows 7 64 bit , your's may be a different OS)

just backup the "Userdata" file to CD-R disc, flashdrive, whatever backup method you use.

"Userdata" is neighborhood 1, the others are in order 2-8.

Save them all. NEXT time you want to Re-Set without having to uninstall, simply remove your current "Userdata" (or neighborhoods 2 through 8, whichever you want to replace, any or all), and Replace with the Backed up brand new one you saved.

I've done it and can verify it works.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    You can use the same exact method in sims 1 when newly installing or reinstalling to place a previous Saved neighborhood.
  • ClassicSimmerClassicSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    If you find a rip of the complete collection you can copy the UserData files and put them in.