Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims-a Visual History!

Comments

• NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    > @Lazarus_B4R said:
    > This thread makes me feel nostalgic for my old Sims games, unfortunately between out-dated media storage (does anyone remember floppy disk drives? )..and Old hard-drives that died I don't have many pics from TS1 or 2 anymore.

Do you still have your games? Or are you unable to play them? I know what you mean by nostalgia, I haven't played my Sims 2 games in two years due to the only computer I had that could play them dying. I also haven't played TS1 in an even longer amount of time!
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    > @Lazarus_B4R said:
    > This thread makes me feel nostalgic for my old Sims games, unfortunately between out-dated media storage (does anyone remember floppy disk drives? )..and Old hard-drives that died I don't have many pics from TS1 or 2 anymore.

Do you still have your games? Or are you unable to play them? I know what you mean by nostalgia, I haven't played my Sims 2 games in two years due to the only computer I had that could play them dying. I also haven't played TS1 in an even longer amount of time!

I've actually still got all the original disks for TS1 & 2, but I haven't tried installing or playing them on my current PC.
    I have no idea how they would run, if at all? I even do still have pics on..lol, floppy disks, but I haven't seen a floppy drive in years. :#
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    A friend asked me to post this video for them to show their love of the Sims :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R3pdCsj1vM
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Fab video, say thank you @06Bon06‌ :)
    edited February 2015
    > @Lazarus_B4R said: I've actually still got all the original disks for TS1 & 2, but I haven't tried installing or playing them on my current PC.
    I have no idea how they would run, if at all? I even do still have pics on..lol, floppy disks, but I haven't seen a floppy drive in years.

It depends on what kind of computer you have. I know Sims 2 can run (well) on Windows XP, Vista, 2000, and Windows 7 (I don't know what Macs can run the game, and of course you need to have the Mac version of the game as well). Windows 8 is a whole other story though, really only the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection can run on Windows 8 without having to do a bunch a stuff to get it to run. And I wouldn't worry about space as long as you don't have a whole lot of other games on your computer.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    A friend asked me to post this video for them to show their love of the Sims :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R3pdCsj1vM

A brilliant video! RIP Smoogie, gone but not forgotten
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    > @Lazarus_B4R said: I've actually still got all the original disks for TS1 & 2, but I haven't tried installing or playing them on my current PC.
    I have no idea how they would run, if at all? I even do still have pics on..lol, floppy disks, but I haven't seen a floppy drive in years.

It depends on what kind of computer you have. I know Sims 2 can run (well) on Windows XP, Vista, 2000, and Windows 7 (I don't know what Macs can run the game, and of course you need to have the Mac version of the game as well). Windows 8 is a whole other story though, really only the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection can run on Windows 8 without having to do a bunch a stuff to get it to run. And I wouldn't worry about space as long as you don't have a whole lot of other games on your computer.

I'm still on Windows 7 for my PC, just because I prefer that version for gaming. I may have to try installing TS2 again at some point just to see how well it would run. I do still even have all my old TS2 games & mods backed up on a CD, so it could be interesting to see what I can get back. :)
    > @Lazarus_B4R said: I'm still on Windows 7 for my PC, just because I prefer that version for gaming. I may have to try installing TS2 again at some point just to see how well it would run. I do still even have all my old TS2 games & mods backed up on a CD, so it could be interesting to see what I can get back.

Oh, your game should run just fine then. :) Best of luck with your Sims 2 game!
  • Freakystyley85Freakystyley85 Posts: 21 Member
    This is awesome. Thank you for all of your hard work putting this together.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thanks for posting the visual history! I have to say the TS3 graphics are probably the most crisp and clear looking. I loved the textures and details in these games. It was big change for the better going from the 2D to the 3D in the TS2.

But I have to say the outdoor scenes in the TS3 look the best just by looking at these pictures. But I felt the TS2's Sims clothes had the most textures and details. Those little shadows etc. on their clothes. I loved them, even if I didn't like particular outfits.

I wish someone would make a Betty Newbie that could actually favor her more. She has a very narrow chin, and I loved the shape of her brows in that game. Loved her hair. lol She is probably the best looking Maxis Sim to me. She just can't be duplicated, no offense to anyone who has tried to recreate her in these games. I have tried myself in all of them, but she always looks like here face is to puffy, round etc. I loved her face shape in the TS1. And the eyebrows or perhaps it's the brow bone shape? But I wish I could have her just like she looks from TS1 in my other games. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    @Cinebar: Do you have pics of Betty? I barely remember her face now. It´s been a long time since I last played TS1. The base game got lost somehow after I moved out from home. Shouldn´t have lend it to my brother when I left. :(
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • StymieStymie Posts: 169 Member
    TS1 pictures give me those childhood feels agains :)
    Intel Core i7 4790k| 8GB Ram | MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | MSI Z97-Gaming 5 Mobo | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard | Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse|
    Steam Profile (Feel free to add me but leave a comment first)
    13VpVgn.jpg
    Origin: StymieG
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    What a very nice thread showing the history of the Sims through the ages.... :)
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    Ahhh! How come only now I see this thread! Total nostalgia for me. :) Been playing since the very beginning. I love all the pictures! Especially from TS1! It has been so long since I played it. Amazing work @sparkfairy1 and @Wilderwolf for the comparisons. Made my afternoon :)
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    edited March 2015
    love this thread i miss all the families and background stories that they had! Sims4 just shows who is in your household =\ i also miss all open for business and makin magic. i crave to play and i dont even have them anymore!
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    edited March 2015
    Map View Comparison: (sorry for large images)
    The Sims
    670px-Become-a-Superstar-in-the-Sims-Complete-Collection-Step-1.jpg
    pz0p.jpg

The Sims 2
    670px-Have-a-Successful-Neighborhood-in-Sims-2-Step-2Bullet4.jpg
    latest?cb=20091021033147

The Sims 3
    MTS_ellacharm3d-1221282-svnewroad.jpg
    sims3springlarge.gif

The Sims 4 willow-creek-map.jpg
    501f6538685bt.jpg
    Post edited by zagboorules on
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    The Sims
    pz0p.jpg

The Sims 2
    latest?cb=20091021033147

The Sims 3
    zoom.PNG

501f6538685bt.jpg

Great work @zagboorules :smiley:
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    The Sims
    pz0p.jpg

The Sims 2
    latest?cb=20091021033147

The Sims 3
    zoom.PNG

501f6538685bt.jpg

Great work @zagboorules :smiley:

Thanks! :)
    The maps look great and then it gets to Sims 4 :(
    Am I the only one thinks that Sims 1 neighborhood screen looks better than Sims 4? It's kinda sad to think about it...
    Intel Core i7 4790k| 8GB Ram | MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | MSI Z97-Gaming 5 Mobo | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard | Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse|
    13VpVgn.jpg
  • KennydkKennydk Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2015
    The Sims 4 neighbourhood screen does not fit well into the series at all. It looks like it should be part of a spin off not the main series...its clear that each neighbourhood screen is an improvement to its prequel until 4. I wouldn't say it's TS1 looks better but considering the amount of years between the two it's pretty darn poor (imo).

Edit: @zagboorules thanks for posting the pics!
    Post edited by Kennydk on
    Sims 4 neighborhood screen looks like something from a facebook game...
    13VpVgn.jpg
  • snatalia1snatalia1 Posts: 44 Member
    That's so cool. love nostalgic things like that!
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    This thread is soooooo nostalgic! <3
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
    I alnost forgot about this thread until i saw something similar in Sims 4 GD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top