Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Talent Badges

Will a similar system be present in GTW?
Talent Badges
"Open for Business" adds a new "talent badge" system. A Sim must repeatedly perform an action to raise that badge's level. The talent badges include:

Sales: The ability to convince a customer to buy an item. A successful sale will raise the sales bar, which, when full, will cause the customer to buy the item. The sales can be accepted or rejected depending on customer loyalty, mood, and the badge level of the salesman. The different actions include the basic sale, the cheap offer, the "hard sale", and the dazzle. The higher level sales have better pay offs, but more serious consequences. A salesman can also select a customer that looks confused, and use the "Sales... May I Help You?" command. This badge is raised by using a sale interaction.
Register: The register badge affects how quickly an employee can ring up a customer. With this badge the process will take less time, and reduce the chance that customer loyalty will be lost by long wait times.
Restocking: The restocking badge affects how quickly an employee can restock an item before it has been purchased. This is raised by restocking items.

Salon: The salon badge increases the chance that an employee in a barber shop will successfully cut hair. Bad haircuts reduce customer loyalty.
Flower Arranging: It allows a Sim to make a bouquet of flowers. The flowers are then sold, given as gifts, or used to improve the room score. A higher level badge increases the types of flowers that can be arranged.
Robotics: It allows a Sim to make robot toys and devices. The robots are then sold, given as gifts, or used for fun and services. A higher level badge increases the types of robots that can be built.
Toy Making: It allows a Sim to create toys. The toys are then sold, given as gifts, or used for fun by children. A higher level badge increases the types that can be built.

Has any simguru commented about this?

@SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruLakshmi

Comments

• mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    Nothing has been said yet about talent badges so we will have to wait and see!!
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I hope we get something like them back. They were cool.
  • Coolguy9531Coolguy9531 Posts: 44 Member
    This will make or break the EP for me, I really hope they bring them back, the business owning system made open for business my favorite EP.
  • qcfruscianteqcfrusciante Posts: 66 Member
    edited February 2015
    I think we need something like this otherwise how will we know when to give a raise to an employee? This system creates a need to hire qualified sims, if you couldn't afford them your shop wouldn't be well reviewed, lose stars, customers would complain, etc. It was also nice to see inexperienced employees improving their talents, deserving their raise or quitting when not being recognized by their bosses(us).

I can't imagine this EP without this.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited February 2015
    how about this for a twist (it might not happen but hey)-talent badges for how many rude or nasty customers or co-workers employee(s) (or the owner) have to deal with?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I loved this aspect of the game. I loved the fact you could train the talent skills. It was awesome. I really hope the OFB part of this EP won't be rushed. I hope it will be awesome and similar to Sims 2 OFB.
  • al456al456 Posts: 306 Member
    I hope we get them! Im not expecting everything from OFB considering this is a mix of ambitions and OFB which is really awesome, but we for sure need this and the abaility to manage our staff, assign jobs ect..
    ~ SimManiac383 on the Gallery
    ~ https://twitter.com/Simmaniac383 < Twitter
    onm6UoE.jpg

~SimManiac
  • 9b8ll9b8ll Posts: 13 New Member
    I hope so too. This will add so much but better throughout ways to get badges more than TS2 OFB this time! Not just work at retail and be over with it once you reach maximum level.