Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In TS2, How do I save a sim to the bin in CAS?

2...Next

Comments

• gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited February 2015
    @Darkling It took me a while to remember how to do it, but you can access your sims saved from bodyshop by these little people icons on top of the area where the area is numbered to edit your sim. First, you bring up a random sim, then in that area to the right, where it is numbered 1, 2, 3, etc. at the top of it is 6 little figures, 3 on top of another 3, to the right of the dice symbol. That is where the saved sims are located. You choose one, and it replaces your random sim. This is all in CAS of course. (forgot to say that duh.)
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    @Seera1024: So, I removed the file that was in my SavedSims folder and reinstalled my packaged sim from the desktop. When I rechecked the folder, however, still no joy as nothing was in there.

I think I agree with you that something is wrong with BodyShop and possibly my game in general to a certain extent. I previously downloaded two sims from MTS and while both of those sims show up in my pre-made sim bin, I only had one file in my SavedSims folder when I think there should have been two in there, one for each sim. Very odd.

@zorba2357: I really appreciate you sticking in there and trying to help me! :) I think that there is just something a little wrong with BodyShop and my game in general. I checked out the link you provided--thank you for that, by the way--and I'm also having the duplicate-empty EA folder issue. Glad to know I'm not the only one as I thought it was just more Darkling-related madness. I also can not start my game from the desktop but instead have to go into my program files and start the application from there. I don't have the UC version but rather installed the game from my old discs. All of my CC and mods are working, however, so I'll count that as a win.

If I'm feeling lucky later I think I'll try your suggestion and see if I can use Bodyshop to recategorize some clothing items. My sims demand more outerwear and undies!

@gayars: Thank you for the tip but I looked in there and the only custom sims that show up are the two I downloaded from MTS, not the one I made. :( So frustrating as she was truly gorgeous! Who knew trying to run older games on newer computers could be such a headache! LOL

Thank you all so much for your help, it's people like you that make me love this community! <3
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Hi Darkling! The bottom line is IF it's in the Saved Sims Folder it Should show up in Game /CAS and bodyshop.

You can check the .package file in Saved Sims by Date. At least you can see the item was installed on a certain date. It also should be recognizable by name.

For instance here's one of mine: 5f6ae45f_TurquoiseSheer.package

It must be something I recatagorized. I recognize it by the name I gave it when I Saved it in Bodyshop.

It's either In The saved sims folder or it isn't?

I had all the discs installed (All except Mansion and Garden which apparently had a virus, I know that's weird. So I just installed up to Apartment Life).

But I uninstalled all the discs and installed "Ultimate".

You might try that. It's a bit of a headache, but I think it's worth it to have the new "supported" version, all one download too.

Check your empty "duplicate" folders! Make sure to move or copy and paste everything downloaded or transported into the Right folder!
    I agree with @zorba2357 I think that it is possible your saved sims are showing up in your "empty" duplicate folders.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @Darkling.. Hi yourself lovey *hugs*, I hope you're well and that life is treating you kindly. Are you running bodyshop from your latest EP folder? And did you try the method in the tutorial I linked above? Admittedly, I don't have the UC ( because I despise Origin and I flatly REFUSE to have to have it running while playing Sims ) and I'm going off my own install which is from discs.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited February 2015
    Okay, this will be the final chapter in the saga of "I Don't Know What The Plum I'm Doing."

Guess who found her MIA sim today? Yeah, me. Want to know where I found her? In a Uni town CAS. That's right, brainiac that I am, when I picked a sim to use as a template in Bodyshop I unwittingly selected a Young Adult to use. I really should have noticed because several of my CC clothing items (which were apparently only enabled for Adult sims) were not available when I was editing her. But I figured "Hey, it's probably just a glitch in the Matrix, I saw a black cat and then I saw the black cat again--weird but no big deal." Except it was a big deal. It also explains why there was one file in my SavedSims folder, because I did have a sim saved, I was just looking in the wrong freaking place for her.

I'm such a goofball. I will now facepalm myself...

138538-godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic_fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435_super.jpg

Thanks again for all the help but I think I'll just skulk away so that I can wallow in shame somewhere private...

*shakes head*
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    *tries not to giggle*
    Awww, at least you found her, thats the main thing! And, admittedly, it doesn't TELL you that your sim is a YA or Adult, so you couldn't be expected to know.
    *hugs*
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Darkling! I'm glad you figured it out!

No one else thought of that either so don't feel bad! In fact I KNOW that issue Has happened to me long ago in sims 2.

I know they introduced "young adults" in sims 2, Because of UNI. But I still have always wished since then there were Just Adults, not both YA, and A, for various reasons. Just don't see why there needs to be the distinction.

And yeah, they look SO much alike, it's hard to remember they're Clothing is catagorized seperately.

"Exhale" ! LOL , I'm wallowing just a little bit too!
    Aw that is ok, I have done um similarly facepalm needed type actions. Happens to me all the time. And they are the same freaking sims except they are designated differently and have somewhat different clothing options. (of course I have a mod for that hehehe.)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2015
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    The other day I created a sim, and couldn't figure out how to save her to the bin in CAS. After playing TS3 for a while it's fairly easy, but in TS2 I don't even have a clue. I'm pretty sure that I have saved them in the past, but I just can't remember. How do I save a sim in CAS to the sim bin?

The Sim is saved into a particular neighborhood family bin. It won't be in all. For instance the Sims you create in the college towns (in CAS) will not show up in the family bins of the other neighborhoods. All you do is save. The Sim will appear in the family bin of which household to move in. If you don't want to move them into a house they will remain as a townie, walking around but won't have access to a phone if you decide to call them.

If you want to save a copy of the Sim you created to be used in other hoods, you can find those directions on the MTS site, and have to use SPE... because moving a Sim from one hood to the next corrupts the game. (EA should have removed or disabled that ability in the game in a patch< but never did). I will try to find you a link.

It's better to use BS for this, so you will always have a copy of the Sim for all hoods saved into the CAS from BS. Make sure when you find the body shop. exe you open the correct one. You need to open the most recent BS you have installed or it won't open.

Here you go (you will need SimPe ) but this is one of the easier things you can do.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Extract_In-Game_Sim
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.