Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrate The Sims!

Comments

• CokeandaltrockCokeandaltrock Posts: 70 Member
    Fun fact : There was a cake in Ts1 that would dispense a - ah , exotic dancer for your party , male or female depending on which one you chose.
  • AurievaAurieva Posts: 83 Member
    edited February 2015
    Fun fact: In the Sims Bustin' you can unlock a limo with a hot tub on the back of it. Still think it's the coolest thing ever.
    - Auri

My TS4 Teen Runaway Challenge:
    Prologue
    Chapter 1
  • Kevsta26Kevsta26 Posts: 137 Member
    edited February 2015
    @Aurieva‌ fact: In the Sims Bustin' you can unlock a limo with a hot tub on the back of it. Still think it's the coolest thing ever.

Still think that's the best Sims game ever. ;)
  • TylerSimmer99TylerSimmer99 Posts: 1 New Member
    Fun Fact: The only Sims games i've ever played were The Sims 2 and 4. :3
  • NJSimmerNJSimmer Posts: 166 Member
    Fun Fact: I may be the oldest person playing the Sims. Won't tell you my exact age but I was well into my 50's when I discovered TS1 and have played it with my children and my grandchildren continuously for the whole 15 years.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2015
    Maybe not the oldest NJSimmer as one friend of mine that plays this game and is a member of the group of Simmers I hang out with in the Sims 3 CAW forum is over 75.

Also back during late Sims 1 and Sims2 early days one of the Nursing homes I was a Geriatric Dietitian at introduced the Sims 2 to the residents of the nursing home as a REC Room activity study on people with memory diseases and found out the game triggered improved memory functions in the elders including short and long term memory. These often very old elders even well into their 90's surprised the staff by recreating their own selves and families where previously they had no memory of their own spouses or even any idea of their life. But after a relatively short time of a few months playing the game it opened up some of their memories and they were able to recreate it.

After that little private study I understand several other Maine Nursing homes have since added Sims 2 games and computers to their rec rooms. So apparently there are a fair number of elders playing and enjoying the Sims 2 anyway.

Also I saw a while back (about mid way through Sims 3) there was a Simmer in Texas celebrating her 86th birthday and another - also in Texas celebrating her 83rd. So I guess there is a fair number of older Simmers. I do not know though if those two Simmers were just Sims 2 players or if they played Sims 3 as well. I do know my friend Rukaya I mentioned who is in my Sims group does play Sims 3 and has almost all the eps, sps and a good amount of store content. She loves to make families for different Caw world creators to populate their worlds with.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimGuruDanielSimGuruDaniel Posts: 220 SimGuru
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Maybe not the oldest NJSimmer as one friend of mine that plays this game and is a member of the group of Simmers I hang out with in the Sims 3 CAW forum is over 75.

Also back during late Sims 1 and Sims2 early days one of the Nursing homes I was a Geriatric Dietitian at introduced the Sims 2 to the residents of the nursing home as a REC Room activity study on people with memory diseases and found out the game triggered improved memory functions in the elders including short and long term memory. These often very old elders even well into their 90's surprised the staff by recreating their own selves and families where previously they had no memory of their own spouses or even any idea of their life. But after a relatively short time of a few months playing the game it opened up some of their memories and they were able to recreate it.

After that little private study I understand several other Maine Nursing homes have since added Sims 2 games and computers to their rec rooms. So apparently there are a fair number of elders playing and enjoying the Sims 2 anyway.

Also I saw a while back (about mid way through Sims 3) there was a Simmer in Texas celebrating her 86th birthday and another - also in Texas celebrating her 83rd. So I guess there is a fair number of older Simmers. I do not know though if those two Simmers were just Sims 2 players or if they played Sims 3 as well. I do know my friend Rukaya I mentioned who is in my Sims group does play Sims 3 and has almost all the eps, sps and a good amount of store content. She loves to make families for different Caw world creators to populate their worlds with.

Amazing stories. Thanks, Writin_Reg!
    No problem. Happy to share. Sims are much more than just a game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No problem. Happy to share. Sims are much more than just a game.

Sims is love...sims is life.... :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NesoiancitizenNesoiancitizen Posts: 4,344 Member
    Fun fact: According to polls, The Sims 2 is the most loved Sims game.
    JkN3z9U.gif
    Find me at Sims3.com. Username: Nesoiancitizen
    I'm also on Duolingo as carlaquest
    Fun fact: According to polls, The Sims 2 is the most loved Sims game.

Wow really? I didn't saw that one coming.... ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Why are we still celebrating, TS's birthday is gone, this thread shall be locked, deleted and then burned with fire. :p Just kiddin, but really why are we still celebrating?
    tenor.gif
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    Why are we still celebrating, TS's birthday is gone, this thread shall be locked, deleted and then burned with fire. :p Just kiddin, but really why are we still celebrating?

Because the party must never stop yo! xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Kevsta26Kevsta26 Posts: 137 Member
    > @NJSimmer said:
    > Fun Fact: I may be the oldest person playing the Sims. Won't tell you my exact age but I was well into my 50's when I discovered TS1 and have played it with my children and my grandchildren continuously for the whole 15 years.

This is a perfect example of how Sims has become apart of everyone's lives, no matter the age! A lot of people think Sims is just a game for kids/teens, but they're wrong xD
    Kevsta26 wrote: »
    > @NJSimmer said:
    > Fun Fact: I may be the oldest person playing the Sims. Won't tell you my exact age but I was well into my 50's when I discovered TS1 and have played it with my children and my grandchildren continuously for the whole 15 years.

This is a perfect example of how Sims has become apart of everyone's lives, no matter the age! A lot of people think Sims is just a game for kids/teens, but they're wrong xD

I don't even think people who say that are real people, more like aliens from another dimension lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NJSimmerNJSimmer Posts: 166 Member

Great Story!!! And I'm happy not to be the oldest Simmer!!!! :)
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »

Short answer: Because we can.

Longer answer: Because we're celebrating the birth of an entire franchise, not just one game....in fact we're celebrating 15 years worth of wonderful memories...and you just can't do that in just one day. It needs *at least* an entire month!

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

This is one of the best things I've read in a long time. I hope other nursing homes all over pay attention to things like this. *faint hope*
    NJSimmer wrote: »

Great Story!!! And I'm happy not to be the oldest Simmer!!!! :)

Hey I say Sims is ageless and besides age is just a number. Entertainment comes in all forms and for the cost Simming is a very effective way to get longtime entertainment for all ages. I also think Sims could be a very useful learning tool for kids who have parents and grandparents willing to play the game with them as a game like Sims 2 teaches all kinds of useful life skills and that life is not all fun and games - even though the learner is having fun with a game - they have to work hard keeping their families going to school, doing jobs, cleaning homes, paying bills and must make friends, must keep their homes and yards clean - tons of things that help even the young see there is more to life than just playtime.

I really think it gives young people a visual way to see a little more of what life is all about and that things are earned and not just handed to them. For that reason alone I would never show the kids game cheats or ways to get around the not so fun parts of real life. I really think Sims has been a good tool for many of my family members and I did start many of them into sims at pre-12 ages by making Christmas or Birthday gifts a Sims base game. I am proud that I started 28 people on Sims - all but 3 of those are still playing at least one or more of the Sims series. The 3 that are not - one is sort of busy over in Afghanistan with the US Army, and the other 2 are first year college students.

For me Sims makes gift giving easy as i have yet to see anyone balk when their gift is a sims game.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    edited February 2015
    > @SimGuruBChick said:
    > Back On Topic.
    >
    > Fun Fact: Did you know that, on average, we make our Sims WooHoo 1 Million times every day in The Sims 4?
    >
    > Spoiler Alert: This will be important information next Friday.

What that means?I can't until Friday.I am excited! :smiley:
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to The Sims
    It's Time to Celebrate THE SIMS 15 Years of Greatness!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_cS39FeKCA

15 Years of Trailers!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCJfst8H4b0

Man 15 years of my life in a hour long trailer! :p

@Terrylin‌ - Thanks for sharing. I didn't have time to watch the whole thing but that was so great to see all of those trailers from 1 & 2. So many things I forgot.
  • ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    Thanks for all the memories and reminders. I've been playing since the beginning and there are so many things I've forgotten.

Sims has made me laugh and even cry. I've loved some of my sims over time and really cared what happened to them. I love how you can care about them. Thanks for a great 15 years.

In Sims 1 or 2 (wow! I can't remember), I created my entire family (mine & my husband's) each in their own houses (parents, grandparents, siblings). It was funny watching my brother-in-law hit on my mom. After my grandma died, it was nice to see my sim self go visit her. The sad part was that our sim versions didn't always get along. That was upsetting.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Celebrate The Sims!

(By not touching 4 and playing the older ones, the good ones, the only Sims games to actually exist, the other is just a nightmare a dream not real and never will be)
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited February 2015
    aws200 wrote: »
    (By not touching 4 and playing the older ones, the good ones, the only Sims games to actually exist, the other is just a nightmare a dream not real and never will be)

Okay.
    tumblr_mbej03cdA41rzbvsto1_250.gif

@Topic: I still can't believe 15 years have passed since the first game. I still remember how I bought it. Good times... :#
  • WithoutBrain1234WithoutBrain1234 Posts: 126 Member
    edited February 2015
    Fun fact: I cried because one of my sims died due to the fireplace, I was 7 xD