Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #8 - A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

☆Trashdocka☆
    What a difference some exterior wall treatments and a change of windows and doors can make! The landscaping out the front looks lovely and really adds curb appeal to this home, those little touches of dirt using the terrain painting tools works incredibly well. The backyard however feels a little bland to me, very square and unassuming, I wonder of a couple of flower patches out here would have helped add some interest. You made a great job of the interior layout, I can tell you really put some thought into how the build would play, and I can see that it would translate really well into gameplay. Your interior palette is lovely, very muted, the subtle use of green throughout the build to make use of Arthur’s favourite colour was a nice touch, and I simply adore how you made that fireplace into a feature. Great job on the kitchen, it is functional without being too fussy, you have a great eye for object choices and placement.

☆gmcrozier☆
    It’s really unusual to use a bathroom style tile on the exterior of a home, but in this case, with the modernness of the exterior aesthetic, I think it works. Your roof line looks fine and your landscaping in the front yard is well thought out, if a little regimented, I wonder had you managed to blend that little bench on the front porch into a similar tonal range, like the one to the rear of the house, if it would have stood out quite so much. The back garden is stunning, I adore that little sandpit area with the monkey bars, such a cute idea. Your interior palette works well throughout the home, and you have made some great object choices and you obviously have a great eye for placement, it would have been nice however, if there had been a couple more activities for the family, i.e. an easel or a chess table, just something with thich they could pursue their hobbies. The boys rooms so obviously reflect their personalities which is great. Really think about your lighting for all your pictures, some of them feel incredibly dark and it was a little difficult ot make out the finer details in these rooms. My favourite room in this house is that lovely living area, it’s modern yet comfortable, a difficult line to walk.

☆iampes23☆
    Your exterior has been renovated well, the new siding and the Christmas decorations out here look lovely. The roofline feels incredibly simple to me, I wonder if you could have been a little more adventurous with this aspect of your build. Your landscaping is lovely and fits in well with the exterior style, you have made some really great planting choices out here and also excellent use of the terrain painting tools. your interior layout feels well thought out and I can see it translating well into play. Your interior colour scheme is lovely, such an interesting mix of shades all brought together really well. Great job in getting in hobby related items into the build, it really helps me believe that this home was built specifically for the Lines’. My favourite part of this build is that lovely nursery, I like our idea for curling up and having a short nap….

Sim Challenge:
    What a lovely story you have created for the Lines family, the boys all look wonderful, and it’s fab that you got the Mum back for Christmas! I loved your decision on their traits and admit I am sorely tempted to download them into my legacy play through...

The Winner of this Challenge is @trashdocka‌

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is @iampes23‌
    GArBA5W.jpg
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #8 - A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

☆Issabella14☆
    Lovely modern look to the exterior of this home with the contrasting textures and paving. Great placement of rocks with the flowers and outdoor lights. Excellent idea building a porch out the back for the bbq/patio area, looks very impressive. Beautiful refreshing pool with gardening area and monkey bars either side of it. Great interior layout of the kitchen/dining/living area using lovely warm red colours for a cosy, homely feel especially with the fireplace added. Very nicely decorated for Christmas, the garlands hanging from the curtains are a nice touch. Very well equipped kitchen, the curtains look great the way you've hung two together. Lovely study room/den with the wood panelling and Shades of red and green. The bedrooms are very nicely decorated with each family member's favourite colours. Very sleek and stylish bathrooms.

Suggestions: Improve on the landscaping, maybe add more plants for colour and filling out and maybe experiment more with the terrain paint to create curved planting areas and paths.

☆pammiechick☆
    Lovely welcoming lavender pathway leading to the house and good colour choice of planting. Exterior brickwork and render blend really well and make the house look very inviting. Very well thought out design of the back garden, separating the different areas and good choice of paving. Wonderful interior layout with the rooms either side of the main open concept area. Great colour combination here, looks very striking and the brickwork in the kitchen contrasts well with the texture in the living area. Very beautifully decorated for Christmas. Good to see you've used each person's favourite colour in their bedrooms. The childrens rooms are gorgeously decorated and well equipped to suit their needs. The kids bathroom looks lovely with the strong primary colours. The green bathroom is very stylish with the counter choices, wood panelling and superb stacking of rugs.

Suggestions: Maybe add curtains to the windows to add colour, contrast and warmth to the walls and furnishings.

Sim Challenge: Excellent presentation of the family you have created with a great storyline. Poor Oscar seeing his doll's house destroyed, but good old Dad fixed it. Had to smile at the name 'Dustin Jeiber'! Dad and the boys do look very happy and are certain to enjoy their fabulous new home.

The Winner of the Starting Out Challenge is @Isabella14

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is @pammiechick
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Wow thanks a lot for your great review of my build and thanks for the win, did not expect it. :)
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited January 2015
    EXPERT Results for Challenge #8 - A Very Merry Christmas

@DieterPrivate
    The landscaping changes are really pretty. LOVE the new water feature. The house looks updated without being totally changed. I like the new, masculine feel to the interiors. What a difference adding some color to the kitchen cabinets makes! Changing the walls and flooring to wood really warms up the space. Adorable kids room! Love the giraffe in the corner and choice of wallpaper. Nice update to the teen room as well. Love the addition of the play area in the back yard. Love the outdoor dining area and pool.

Suggestions:
    I might would have broken up the paneling in the main areas of the home with some brick or stone to provide a little visual interest. A colored accent wall would work in this respect as well.

@Karababy52
    I like the combination of brick and roofing you’ve chosen. Cute gazebo and pond out back. Very creative sand play area. I’m seeing some great use of MOO inside and great idea to stretch the dollars by using reward objects like the space pictures. I love the color of the walls and the grey and white rugs. Love the study. Cute use of alternating colors for the dining chairs and barstools. Love the lime green bathroom! Nursery is too cute!

Suggestions:
    Not sure about the enlarged wind turbine on the roof. Makes it look more like an office than a home. The saturation of the green on the kitchen walls was a tad too intense for my taste.

@masajo‌
    Wow – this a total re-visioning of the house. Changing up the roofline makes a huge difference. Love the choice of plants and rocks. They make for a gorgeous entrance. Lovely, modern and sleek pool area. Lovely study. I like the bold color choices and how they contrast with the neutral walls. Bathroom one is lovely. Teenager’s room looks quirky and eclectic. I would be interested to know the kid living in that room! Kitchen and dining are a very nicely done. Kids room is super-cute without being over the top. Like the color choices here.

Suggestions:
    For me, the traditional rug (the oriental-look one) and the swag curtains distracted from the modern feeling of the rest of the décor.

@misscbong‌
    This place sure has curb appeal! Great choice of siding and I love the front walk and entrance. Cute kids rooms. Good job of blending the nursery area in the master bedroom. Love the “mud room” in the entry. Great job on the kitchen and dining area! Very modern and matches the exterior of the house in style. Gorgeous back yard – love the pool.

Suggestions:
    Work on eliminating “fish eye” (from zooming in and out) from your pictures. Not sure about the mirror and toilet placement in the bath.

@opod67‌
    I like the combination of the siding and brick. Good color choice on the roof and roof trim. Like the addition of the fireplace. Good repurposing of the bathroom space into a kitchen. Like the separate shower and tub set-up in the new bathroom. Cute play area for the kids out back!

Suggestions:
    Use MOO to avoid a wallhanging clipping into an object placed against the wall (move the object out from the wall until clipping is eliminated) Would have like to have seen some more use of plants and other landscaping elements.

And the Winner is...

@misscbong‌ !

Room Challenge Winner:
    No Entries

Sim Challenge Winner:
    @Karababy52‌ !

• misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Oh wow! Thank you so much! I'm so excited that I won! What a fantastic group of builds!!!!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Congratulations @misscbong! Very well deserved! (*)

Thank you so much for the critique on my build @kittkat7147, I wondered myself about that air vent and almost didn't include it. Ah well... I'm a little bummed you didn't like the kitchen since it's my favorite room in the build, but I understand, the green is intense. No worries though, we all have different tastes and that's a good thing! :)

Also, YAY! I won the Sims Challenge! My first win, very exciting! Thank you so much for choosing my family. <3
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Congratulations @misscbong great work and very well deserved :)

Thank you very much @kittkat7147 for your lovely comments and suggestion, much appreciated :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited February 2015
    ATTENTION CHALLENGE #9 EXPERT ENTRANTS

@masajo‌
    Wow Masajo, you didn’t just give the people appartments, but whole housing! Great job. The layout of the lot is very practical. To have a community garden in the center so everyone has easy access, Looks great. I’m a bit unsure if the adult and child recreation in building 3 and 4 are open for everyone, or meant for those in that apartment. I love it if it’s open for everyone. The exterior looks very cohesive in style, yet the buildings have each their own design, I like it :). The interiors on the other hand are vastly different from each other. That really reflects that different people live there. If the recreation area’s aren’t open for all, then that would be my tip, that that is missing, if it is open, then I would suggest to make it more obvious that it is :) If I could choose a housing I think I would go for building 1. I love the master bedroom and the bathroom. Great job Masajo!

Which makes the winner @masajo‌

GArBA5W.jpg
    RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #10 EXPERT

@misscbong‌
    Ten out of ten for your Mediterranean style architecture, those shallow roofs work really well, as do those domed towers and your balconies help cement the styling. Your landscaping is gorgeous, those tiled pathways look awesome and you have made some great plant choices, and really great use of the terrain painting tools. Your texture choices on the exterior walls are fantastic, they really help with the theme. The layout is well thought out and I can see it translating well into play. You do have a great eye for object choices and placement. Your palette works well throughout the build. My favourite area in your build is that gorgeous entry foyer, it’s so well thought out and elegant.

Suggestions: That small square patch of grass on that round dias area outside looks a little off, I think had you kept with the circular theme, it would have looked more in keeping with the overall style. I wonder if a little more clutter around and about the place would have helped the build feel more used, plants on the tables in the juice bar for example. Be a little more careful with your picture taking, some of your shots have that ‘fishbowl’ effect going on, which can distort the sizing of your rooms, try not to zoom out quite so much.

@masajo‌
    What a lovely mediterranean style build you have created for this challenge, the architecture is superb and your roofline works incredibly well. You have made some really great choices for your exterior wall textures, and I adore those extra touches, like the towers on the corners and that lovely portico. Your landscaping looks lovely, your plant choices are completely in keeping with the style of the build, you have made some really fantastic use of the terrain painting tools. The outdoor spaces you have created look fabulous, and I am impressed that you got in a kids area. Your interiors are well thought out, your layout works well and I can see that it would translate well into play, you have a great eye for object placement and choices and an excellent sense for room sizings. Your thoughtful added details, such as the robes on the walls in the changing rooms, and the towels in the yoga/pilates room really help this build stand out. My favourite part of your build has to be that wonderful al-fresco dining area, it is so well thought out and executed.

Suggestions: A couple of your shots feel a little dark, which makes it a little difficult to see the details in them, the reception area for example.

The Winner is.....

@masajo‌

GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Congrats @masajo on winning #9 and #10!!! Your build was beyond amazing, so well deserved!!!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Oh WOW! Thank you very much @buildnshare for these wonderful words, I really am pleasantly surprised :D Just to confirm the recreation areas in #9 are open to everyone in the complex and were given separate entrances to the residential apartments. Sorry about the lighting in #10, I do wish we could make them brighter, but will be aware of this in future. Many thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated :D

Thank you so much @misscbong very kind of you :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #10 ESTABLISHED

@Issabella14‌

We hope you don't mind but we have placed you in the established category as we feel you have been making excellent progress with your building skills and making use of the tools provided. Congratulations!

A very nice welcoming entrance into your Health Spa Plaza with the pillar holding the menu board surrounded by fountains. Lovely plaza dividing the two buildings with all the plants, fountain and seating and great choice of steps leading into the buildings. However, when using terrain paint make sure you paint all the areas, I did spot some green near the steps leading into the reception area. Beautiful reception though maybe a little too modern for Judy. Great layout of the weights room but I would have liked to see more decor here, ie wall decorations and plants. The low lights look very lovely in the pool room which also could have benefited from more wall decor to give it more colour and ambience. Absolutely love the yoga studio, the green and purple scheme makes it feel earthy and at one with nature. Gorgeous cafe/juice bar and a great idea to create a boutique leading from here. Also good thinking to have a kids area to keep them busy and amused while their parents are working out. Overall a very lovely gym and juice bar that will be frequented and enjoyed by many.

Suggestions:

Watch the terrain paint, make sure all areas are covered. Turn the grid lines off by hitting 'g' on the keyboard when taking pics, this will make the slideshow more presentable. Adding more interior decor really enriches a room, adds more interest, colour and warmth.

@Solly8111‌

A most impressive looking building in true Mediterranean style, wonderful choice of roof, wall and floor textures and lovely welcoming fountains at the entrance. Very nice orange colour scheme in the spacious reception area and office. It's great you have placed tv and music in the cardio and weights rooms to provide fun and entertainment whilst working out. Cool yoga studio but a little basic, maybe some wall decorations would add more character here. Whilst the bathroom is very beautiful, it might have been more appropriate to add more showers. Fantastic juice bar with al fresco dining overlooking the pool, looks very relaxing. Really like the turquoise and orange colour scheme throughout, it works really well.

Suggestions: Your landscaping looks gorgeous but maybe a more Mediterranean choice of plants would have been more appropriate with this theme, ie plants that survive in hot countries.

@adniram00

A most beautiful facade and entrance to your Maison De La Sante with the portico and towers, as well as a wonderful choice of textures used which contrast very well with the dark wood of the windows and fencing. Splendid layout of the complex and a very interesting design being a former military fort. Great choice of plants and trees which truly reflect the Mediterranean style. Lots of lovely colour outdoors which gives it a feeling of fiesta. Very cheery reception area with lots of lovely decor giving it a busy and vibrant feel. Great choice of terracotta tiles in the changing rooms, but I would have liked to see more showers. The weights room is lovely and spacious and the mirrors here are a great touch. Really like the bathrobes hanging outside the yoga studio, not sure about your choice of lighting in this room, maybe its a little too modern. Also, I don't think the yoga studio should have arches leading into the cardio room, it might be a little too noisy when it's time for relaxation. Gorgeous Tiki juice bar, looks a real fun and quirky place to hang out. Your 'green' office is superb, very spacious and a lovely vibrant colour, even the sack and crates of fruit look great here. Overall a truly magnificent build.

Suggestions: Noticed some of the fountains had no wall covering applied, make sure to add paint or some texture to the insides. The pink cabinets in the juice bar didn't really feel 'Mediterranean' to me and looked a little too modern for Judy's taste.

@gmcrozier

Beautiful appearance with a great choice of walls and textures and a lovely welcoming stone fountain. Your landscaping here is really spot on combining the rocks and plants, all true to the Mediterranean style. Lovely reception area though I wouldn't have combined the 'aztec' seats with this choice of wall covering. Very elegant changing rooms with a good choice of tiles. Fabulous seated area under the arches, looks very relaxing and peaceful. Nice yoga studio with bright contrasting mats, though not a great sight to look at washroom doors whilst practicing. Beautiful pool and al fresco dining, it all looks very serene and peaceful and great choice of steps leading to the cardio and weights rooms, which are lovely and spacious. Your placement of the cardio machines is perfect overlooking a beautiful view of the countryside. The juice bar has a very Mediterranean feel to it and a wonderful place to hang out, the arches really add character to this bar.

Suggestions: Whilst the roof structures are very well integrated and uniform, I think a different roof trim might have added some distraction from the walls. Looking at the facade I feel there are too many large windows the same giving it a bulky feel, using other types and sizes of windows here may distract from this.

The Winner is.....

@adniram00

GArBA5W.jpg
    RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #10 STARTING OUT

*pammiechick*

Very nice layout of your Club Med and Cafe and very well thought out rooms. Excellent choice and placement of trees and plants, all in keeping with the Mediterranean theme. Also great choice of steps leading to reception. Lovely colour scheme of the office, though your desk and bookcase are cutting into the curtains. Using the 'alt' key to shift objects away slightly will avoid this. I really like the workout studios but feel these could have benefited from more decor to add interest. Great shower rooms, very nicely designed. Absolutely love the pool, it's so ornately built and looks so elegant with the plants and archways leading to the outdoor terrace with bbq. What a wonderful cafe/juice bar, superb use of decor and good soothing colour scheme. The roof terrace is a great idea and looks very peaceful and relaxing.

Suggestions:

Using different roof structures is good, but they need to be integrated with each other and defined to look 'blended'. I noticed yours were overlapped in places and cutting into each other.

Which makes the winner @pammiechick‌
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2015
    Results for Challenge #9 - A Very Merry Christmas Part 2 - ESTABLISHED

@gmcrozier‌
    Love the architecture. You can tell that is it a community building, but it still has a residential feel to it. Gorgeous outdoor play and recreation areas. Downstairs, the interior has just enough decorative touches to give it a warm feel while still retaining the community lot vibe. Love the community spaces. Living areas have pleasing color schemes and realistic layouts. Love the friendly touches in the kids’ rooms. Super lot!

Which makes the winner...

@gmcrozier‌!!!!

Thanks @BuildnShare for the promotion to established builder, I accept with great honor :). Once again I really enjoy your reviews, I learn allot from them. Congrats @adniram00, a well deserved win. :D
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    @Issabella14‌ Thanks! I also enjoy th critiques. Nobody I know in RL plays the game so this is my only way of knowing another's opinion. I could show it to hubby but he thinks everything is awesome lol. However he did think the yoga should have been a sona or spa. If I only had a hot tub :D
    Results for Challenge #9 - A Very Merry Christmas Part 2 - STARTING OUT

@adniram00
    Nice use of roof tool – looks like all the pieces are realistically integrated. The lot has lovely landscaping. Good variety of activities available outdoors. Cute deck with kids play area. Like the use of color coordination in the rooms. It provides cohesiveness without being over done. For the purposes of this challenge, you have struck a nice balance between industrial starkness (no décor) and a realistic amount of design touches for a building of this type.

Suggestions: A bit of strong color here and there would make the build a little more vibrant.

@Issabella14‌
    I’m getting a Tuscan vibe from this architectures and décor which is really quite lovely. Use of color is great. The rooms have enough color to create some real design interest – glad to know we are finally getting there in Sims 4! Love the little island/breakfast bar in the kitchens. Great use of vertical space in building higher rather than wider.

Suggestions: Not sure if there is a work-around, but the stair case opening in the middle of the room is a bit off on the topmost living area floors.

Both are great lots, but we have to pick just one! Which makes the winner...

@Issabella14‌ !!!!

Thanks @Kittkat7147 much appreciated, I didn't notice the staircase :). I will definitely by more attentive and thanks for your great review :)
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    @Issabella14‌ Congratulations! :D

@KittKat7147‌ Thanks for your feedback and lovely comments :D
    Thanks @adniram00 it must have been a close call. :)
    edited February 2015
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #11 AISLE REMEMBER

@CalindaB1987‌

An impressive modern design with an intricate roof structure which lets in lots of light to the interior. This venue really looks as if it has been built on a beach with your great use of terrain paint and the wooden decking leading up to the entrance. Excellent choice of plants and trees with minimal use, as would be found in such an environment. The main ceremony hall is very beautiful with the water features at either side, the romantic candles and beach colours. The single seats leading up the aisle look very gorgeous but maybe more seating here would be more appropriate, even if it meant narrowing the water features. The band area is well situated to serenade the guests while dining and the lovely bar area with excellent placement of counters and the pebble wall texture really adds to the beachy feel. Fantastic idea to create a portrait area to capture the special day.

Suggestions:

There are a lot of empty walls within the build which would have benefited from more wall decorations and pictures. The rest rooms seem a little bare, these would benefit from more colour, ie wall decorations and perhaps seating.

@pammiechick‌

Gorgeous looking wedding venue with a terrific roof structure, lovely star shaped pool and lots of parking. However, there doesn't seem to be a path leading from front to rear where the elevators are situated. The Tiki bar, music and fire pit look perfect for partying and socialising. Your landscaping shows a great use of terrain paint and good choice of plants and trees to reflect the beach theme, while keeping the look soft and romantic. Lovely interior layout with good sized rooms. The ceremony hall is very beautiful and well designed using the wooden theme, perhaps adding a fence at the top of the stairs would be a good idea. The fountains in the alcoves are a wonderful feature, as are the drapes, plants and good lighting. Great reception area showing the band playing whilst dining, really like the partition separating this area from the bar and buffet tables, maybe adding a column at the end of this partition would have added to the elegance.

Suggestions:

I noticed some trees and indoor plants are cutting into walls (elevator and gents rest room), use the alt key to shift these away slightly so they don't cut through.

The Winner is.....

@pammiechick‌

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #11 - AISLE REMEMBER

@misscbong‌
    This place looks amazing! I love the shingled exterior, very beachy, you roof lines look great and work really well. Your layout is wonderful, I like that you have two separate areas, but that they flow together really well. The landscaping is just divine, I am really impressed with your use of the terrain painting tools. Your palette works well throughout and it is certainly a very romantic venue.

Suggestions: Some of your shots feel a little dark, try using some buydebug lighting to lighten those really dark areas. Also, it seems to mar the entrance having all those cars parked out the front, I wonder if having the car park in a less prominent area would have improved the ‘curb appeal’ of the lot.

@masajo‌
    Oh wow, what a building! It looks like a converted mansion, very well thought out and executed. The rooflines look fab and your exterior coverings work well with the theme of the build. The layout works well, keeping the ceremony hall and the dining room on different levels is a novel idea. Your palette helps bring that beach theme into the build and you interior wall coverings are fabulous. Fantastic eye for detail and some really great object choices. The landscaping is lovely with that gorgeous pond.

The winner is...

@masajo‌
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #11 AISLE REMEMBER

@gmcrozier‌

Victorian Dreams is a very beautiful wedding venue. Good choice of exterior textures and tones and a great roof structure. The columns and spandrels really add to the decorative and ornate look of Victorian style as does the formal and attractive planting. Really like how you've brought the Victorian theme inside with the decor and furnishings. Excellent interior layout with all rooms easily accessible. The Ceremony Hall looks beautiful decorated in beach colours and your choice of curtains really adds to the romantic theme. However, I would have liked to see more wall decorations here, as well as romantic candles and plants. The fencing separating the seats is very effective. The open concept plan on the first floor works really well with the band area and dance floor, dining and bar areas all close by. The balloons and flowers on the tables really add to the party feel.

Suggestions: The parking area at the rear is very spacious but looks a little bland. More work on landscaping this area with plants and maybe statues or fountains would have livened the area up.

@Issabella14‌

Castles in the Sand is a very majestic build with some great architectural design. Really inspirational how you've designed this 'sandcastle' wedding venue. Though not an indoor hall, the ceremony is situated with a beautiful backdrop, centred in a walled garden, all looking incredibly romantic and peaceful. Love the sprinkles of sand here and there. Your interior design is very beautiful, albeit bright and modern in places. Maybe a softer and more subdued theme would have been more romantic. Great placement of indoor fountains around the dining and band areas. Excellent idea to create kids play areas to keep the youngsters amused.

Suggestions: The rocks and flowers look gorgeous together but make sure they don't block access along the paths, which may create routing problems during play.

The Winner is.....

@gmcrozier‌

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations @gmcrozier really a great build. Your established entry was just too good for me. Soon, I will be on the winners stand, I just need to tweak a couple of things :)
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #12 WINTER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

@Issabella14‌

Awesome first impressions giving a wonderful wintry feel to your design. Excellent landscaping with fantastic use of spruce trees, planting, rocks and snow on the ground. Lovely exterior wall textures give a great cabin style look, which you have followed into the interior. The wood beams on the ceiling, the wooden floor and wonderful red colour in the living room make this look very cosy indeed. Really like the kitchen but maybe too many different textures used here. Sticking to darker wood may have kept it more in line with the chosen style. The bedrooms are wonderfully decorated and furnished, making them look very stylish, yet homely.

Suggestions: Taking exterior pictures at night looks lovely and gives a great wintry effect. Take a few during daylight so we can see the colours and textures better. Also watch the angle you use to take pictures. I saw a lot of daylight coming through the ceilings inside the house. Angle the camera a little further down or to the side to avoid this look.

@benlow11‌‌

Very sunny and cheery looking design with lots of colour and planting. The outdoor pool and kids monkey bars give the great outdoors feel of summer. Great internal layout and excellent use of small spaces, love the way you've squeezed in the pantry and bar area, most impressive. Cool living room, crisp and modern and very stylish. What a dream kitchen, very roomy with lots of cupboard space. Wow, you weren't joking when you said lots of red used! I found this a little overpowering in the bathrooms and feel a different wall covering may have broken the colour up somewhat. It was very soothing to see the green nursery, decorated and furnished beautifully.

Suggestions: Your front path to the main entrance and gates looks a little rigid. My suggestion would be to soften the corners with rocks and plants or to use the terrain paint to create a curved pathway leading to the gates.

@gmcrozier‌‌

Lovely summery style that speaks of the countryside, so peaceful and idyllic. Beautiful outdoors area with the gazebo and pool and lots of lovely plants. The open concept plan you have chosen on the ground floor enables lots of space though I would have liked to see more room division here, for example a fence or counters separating the kitchen from the living and dining areas. Your interior decoration is really interesting with all the different wall coverings used and your colour schemes work well together. Gorgeous well equipped kitchen with lots of cupboard storage space. Great upstairs design and layout, with all rooms easily accessible.

Suggestions: Your landscaping looks very beautiful but your choice of plants is a little repetitive here. Experiment with different plant groups to see how they work together, ie plant heights, colours, shapes, etc.

@oXseashellXo‌‌

Wow, you have worked wonders with the shell! Stunning exterior design with great roof pitch and curvature, lovely choice of wall textures and colours, all blending so well together giving a gorgeous cottage look. Wonderful entrance porch with the columns and spandrels, love how you've moo'd the plants here. Excellent landscaping, your choice and placement of plants and objects really enhance the beauty of this home. The open plan concept works well on the ground floor and the different areas flow well together. All rooms are very beautifully decorated and furnished with fantastic object placement.

Suggestions: The open plan gym area on the first floor looks great but I feel it would be more personal to have this area enclosed as some like to workout in private.

@kementari‌‌

Your presentation of Ruby Red is first class, very well organised with all the rooms shown, well lit and clearly labelled. Great choice of windows and doors giving a lovely modern appearance. Lots of greenery adding to this modernity. Good interior layout, especially upstairs, with rooms easily accessible. Your interior design is very beautiful and modern. Really like how you've designed the flooring in the living room and the panelled walls really keep the red toned down. Wonderful kitchen design with great placement of counters. Excellent idea creating a den with lots of activities. Lovely colour combinations in all of the bedrooms, the rabbits in the girls room add great decor jumping over the door. Looks really effective how you've placed wall decorations on the mirrors at the top of the stairs and how you've presented the modern red glass framed picture.

Suggestions: The brief really must be followed in order to gain credits, make sure you read the rules carefully and stick to them.

The Winner is.....

@oXseashellXo‌

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top