Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Death Ideas

My sims need to have more ways to die. Here's some of my ideas:

Run over by steamroller
Bank robbery followed by shootout with police
Helicopter crash
Eaten by GIANT MUTATED RAT
Eaten by MAN EATING TREE
Unexplained disappearance
Taken into the sky by thunderbird

What deaths would you like to see?

My current Novelcy and general blog:
https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/

Comments

• MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    It would be funny if our Sims could get bored to death. :grin:
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member

Yes! Then they would have to add more content before all my sims keel over!

How about being eaten alive by flies if they don't clean the house? I heard it was like that in Sims 2.

Shoot out and crashes seen a little too violent for the game, though. Also emotional deaths should be harder to achieve.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

Maybe Scared to Death?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Heheh bored to death, yes! Also, yes scared to death, there should be an "Afraid" emotion.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2015
    I don't like the emotional deaths in the Sims 4 and seems like the elder deaths are glitched as mention by a recent interview of a Guru. I like the man eating tree and helicopter death ideas. I really miss the satellite death from the Sims 2. I'm a deviant Simmer and I like having the challenge of deaths and them not being so predictable. Some deaths I could see being included in EPs would be death by volcano or hot springs, death by shark, freezing to death, scarlet fever, death from allergic reaction like from bees, death from being hit by Mrs. Crumplebutton's purse too much, death from zoo animals, death from flies, dying from a failed alien probe, dying from being run over by a car after a witch turns a Sim into a frog, death by gnome army takeover, and death from a hot air balloon falling from the sky with Sim in it. I'll stop there for now. Unexplained disappearance would be interesting and reminds me of Bella Goth.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    "I still love you to death" Achieved after a break up. They pull a photo booth picture out, curl up on the floor and die.
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    > @Skyscraperfan said:
    > Unexplained disappearance

Go in to detail. How would this work? Would they go to work one day and never come back? Be like Bella Goth and get abducted and never return? I'm interested in this because I always end up having to just kill Bella off by drowning her whenever I play the Goths, when she actually, in lore, "mysteriously disappeared".

> @MegandtheMoon said:
    > It would be funny if our Sims could get bored to death.

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago, actually.

> @Scobre said:
    > the elder deaths are glitched as mention by a recent interview of a Guru

In what way are they glitched? All of my elders have died fine.

> dying from being run over by a car after a witch turns a Sim into a frog

I'd actually just like death by car accident in general because it's a real common cause of death. The issue is it's a pretty dark topic and it'd most likely really upset those whom have lost family that way. I'd like illnesses too, but it doesn't have to be specific. It can be like The Sims 2 where they can die of sickness if it doesn't clear up.

> @Andygal said:
    > Heheh bored to death, yes! Also, yes scared to death, there should be an "Afraid" emotion.

I actually don't know why there isn't a scared/afraid emotion. Hm.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    No for me i find this as a simmer who turns off death s well as aging that this is a terrible idea no new death
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Magnezone wrote: »

@Scobre said:
    the elder deaths are glitched as mention by a recent interview of a Guru

In what way are they glitched? All of my elders have died fine.

dying from being run over by a car after a witch turns a Sim into a frog

I'd actually just like death by car accident in general because it's a real common cause of death. The issue is it's a pretty dark topic and it'd most likely really upset those whom have lost family that way. I'd like illnesses too, but it doesn't have to be specific. It can be like The Sims 2 where they can die of sickness if it doesn't clear up.
    It was in this article: pcgamer.com/giant-scissors-disease-and-beyonce-why-fans-still-love-the-sims-after-15-years/
    "There was a great bug we ran into while developing The Sims 4 where we unintentionally created a death trap for all of the elders in the game when they would go to the gym. The elders can get exhausted, and then if they continue to do anything too physically active, they have a chance of dying, but the gym is the place that Sims want to go and be active. What would happen is all these elders would show up, and they’d work out on a treadmill or lift weights or whatever, and then they’d get super exhausted, but then they would still be like, “I’m at the gym. I need to go use the treadmill,” and they’d all start dying. It was hilarious." I guess the death trap only effects played Sims now guess I stated that wrong. They just die so easily from working out and woohooing. Thankfully a nice modder made something to help fix it.

The frog I think would be lesser evil because yes it could be a touchy subject if they were human and run over. The frog would be reference to an old game called Frogger in which a frog crosses a road and other objects in hopes of not dying.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    No for me i find this as a simmer who turns off death s well as aging that this is a terrible idea no new death

If you are just going to turn off death anyway, how does it affect you if there are more ways to die in the game since your Sims won't die anyway?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    Death from excessive joy
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    Death from collecting too many frogs and getting poisoned in the process by handling dangerous amphibians when breeding them?! :)
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    They say that there's a new death coming in the new GTW expansion pack, but they didn't say what that new death was. :)
  • GoldpuffleGoldpuffle Posts: 1,872 Member
    I want deaths in some of the careers. Like in the secret agent career. You Never Die???! THat is super unrealistic. I mean COME ON.
  • LuciferMongooseLuciferMongoose Posts: 123 Member
    I for one would like to see more death types. I'm disappointed that they didn't add any with GTW, especially what with adding illness. I mean, you'd think at least one of them would be fatal if untreated :| Then again, sick player-controlled Sims can't visit the hospital, so it isn't like they can get treated all that well anyway...

As for new deaths, I think that beyond illnesses, they should have more object-related ones. Honestly I was surprised when all OR poisonous plants could give your sim was a silly negative moodlet... soooo unrealistic, they should have had there be a chance of killing your sim IMHO (and worse negative moodlets), would have given the badge for trying all of them more meaning.
  • BelloGothBelloGoth Posts: 120 Member
    edited March 2015
    > @SnaveXs said:
    > "I still love you to death" Achieved after a break up. They pull a photo booth picture out, curl up on the floor and die.

Omg yes! Death by broken heart. If a sim has a relationship that is 100 percent friendly and 100 percent romantic, and you direct the other sim to break up or divorce, that would be amazing. Maybe some restrictions would be that it only happens to sims with the soul mate aspiration or only to sims who do a new "declasre to be soul mate" interaction.
  • sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member

Will this happen if they play Sims Forever?? I think I died a few times playing Sims 4.
  • NotsoGloriaNotsoGloria Posts: 109 Member

what if my sim is a snob he will probably won't last a day LOL
    sunman502 wrote: »
    They say that there's a new death coming in the new GTW expansion pack, but they didn't say what that new death was. :)

They said something about pushing buttons so Its probably related to scientists
    tumblr_ngsp96Ruil1s6441yo1_500.gif
  • keyendeekeyendee Posts: 66 Member
    What if they would add "Last Words" When they are dying?
  • RainePowers1RainePowers1 Posts: 9 New Member
    To add to these wonderful ideas, I would like to see two types of Zombies that can be created.

The classical Zombie, which is a Sim changed somehow by an evil sorcerer/sorceress or wizard/witch that can be completely controlled by the Magical Sim; other sims are relatively safe aound this type of Zombie, because even though it is an undead, thoughtless creature, it is up to the controller Sim (you) to decide what happens.

The second is the Tomorrow Zombie, which is a Sim transformed through Science! Once a person starts the process of becoming a Tomorrow Zombie they become sick and then perish, after that they awaken as the Zombie we know in media today. No One Is Safe! A scientist or Doctor has to come up with a cure before it is too late! You can let your Sim turn into a Zombie and have minimal control (like directing it to a public space and have it attack people, but that is about it.

A career of Zombie Hunter could be cool too. Once the Cure is created it is your Sims job to cure all Zombies, or in a mod, just kill them. I have always found both types of Zombies fascinating, which is why I decided to post this idea!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

I'm assuming that it would be a death from an illness if not cured, or death from an experiment in the science lab? I also remember seeing something about being able to murder now, too! >:)

As for a death I'd want to see, I'd have to say death from overeating? I think it would be hilarious if a Sim ate so much that they keeled over. :D
  • rebesimrebesim Posts: 10 New Member
    We should have death by sadness (like depression) and death by fright and flies and dying in your sleep and death by illness and maybe if you're cooking you could accidentally chop a hand off and bleed to death. We also should have a death by low hygiene (if it gets so low, you stink up the room and die.) I also want them to bring back death by satellite / meteor.
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    I find it takes forever/ or is difficult to kill my sims now, or at least them to die by accident. -_- Like, I can never intentionally get them electrocuted or get a fire started. Drowning takes a while, as well as starving.

Death by embarrassment works probably the best for the emotional deaths.
    The easiest death right know is in the sauna. Which is fine, it makes it seem more accidental, which fits better into a narrative...
  • Ping YoPing Yo Posts: 1,263 Member
    die of being xploded by litterbot, m8
    ]