Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The saddest picture I've ever taken in a Sims game

Last night the patriarch of my family tree died and it was a really emotional moment because I got the notification 3 or 4 sim weeks ago that his time was ending. I had almost completely forgotten about it then BAM! Right after he had fed and changed the diapers of his twin grandchildren, he falls over and dies. His daughter was distraught and his son-in-law, who he had just started becoming good friends with, was visibly upset while Grim was tending to his business.

yyAoBft.png

Game will hit you in the feels without warning sometimes.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is a very sad picture. It is sad when the sims that we have been playing and have been enjoying seeing living their daily sims lives pass away. The reactions of their family members when they pass away make us feel sad for them.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Awww. It's so sad when they die, especially when relationships were just beginning to come along. Maybe they can still be friends with his ghost?
  • Options
    makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    At least your sim was distraught. My sim's partner died and she wasn't sad at all. Mildly peckish yes, but she just walked past the corpse of her boyfriend to grill some hotdogs -.-
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Awww! I feel ya, OP! My matriarch and patriarch are getting close to the end too :(
  • Options
    hotrod35075901hotrod35075901 Posts: 73 Member
    that is a sad picture at least your sims responded,I had one of my matriarch's die of old age then her daughter in law laughed herself to death while grim was doing his thing with her mother in law,I never did understand that one,they were good friends.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    In one of my sim families, both the mum and dad died exactly at the same time. The dad was upstairs so I sent the son to him, he was very upset, crying his eyes out. He managed to plead successfully with Grim and his dad is alive again.

The mum died out the front of the house. Sims who were walking by stopped and gathered around her body with sad faces. I sent the daughter out to her mum - she stepped around her mothers body looked down and ...nothing. Then it was work time so she just went to work. When the daughter came home, I directed her to mourn at her mothers grave, she then had the sad moodlet for the next 4 hours, so at least that's something I guess.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    In one of the families I'm playing, the husband went to work, the wife cooked breakfast, set herself on fire, died, and the fire was still raging by the time the husband came back. He didn't even flinch at the fire, walked straight past the urn and started playing games on the pc...

When the fire started though, I purposely didn't save. I never intended for her to die, especially as they're just starting out and I'm planning on making a lot of generations with them. I just wanted to see how it would play out. I know he's a computer geek and all, but honestly, getting attached to your pc THAT much is going too far! I mean, the house was still on fire!

Oh, and another thing I noticed was that the grim reaper spent the entire day sitting in their living room watching tv. He vanished about an hour before the husband came back.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I always find this a little heartbreaking...when they cry in the tub after losing a loved one

6niHrfi.png?1

:(

This one is sad because not only did he die, but it looks like he was alone

kOSPery.jpg

But he wasn't. His children were very upset

Mecxk8B.jpg

And this poor guy was upset for days after his wife died :'(

WVcO7xS.jpg

AcDasWF.jpg

sUZlboQ.jpg
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    justin5812 wrote: »
    Last night the patriarch of my family tree died and it was a really emotional moment because I got the notification 3 or 4 sim weeks ago that his time was ending. I had almost completely forgotten about it then BAM! Right after he had fed and changed the diapers of his twin grandchildren, he falls over and dies. His daughter was distraught and his son-in-law, who he had just started becoming good friends with, was visibly upset while Grim was tending to his business.

yyAoBft.png

I never let anyone in my game die... just too sad for me :'(
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited February 2015
    Rubycube86 wrote: »
    In one of the families I'm playing, the husband went to work, the wife cooked breakfast, set herself on fire, died, and the fire was still raging by the time the husband came back. He didn't even flinch at the fire, walked straight past the urn and started playing games on the pc...

When the fire started though, I purposely didn't save. I never intended for her to die, especially as they're just starting out and I'm planning on making a lot of generations with them. I just wanted to see how it would play out. I know he's a computer geek and all, but honestly, getting attached to your pc THAT much is going too far! I mean, the house was still on fire!

Oh, and another thing I noticed was that the grim reaper spent the entire day sitting in their living room watching tv. He vanished about an hour before the husband came back.

Don't underestimate or computer geeks.

Computer > wife ;)

On a serious note though that sounds like a bug. He should have at least reacted to the fire.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I always find this a little heartbreaking...when they cry in the tub after losing a loved one

6niHrfi.png?1

kOSPery.jpg

Mecxk8B.jpg

WVcO7xS.jpg

AcDasWF.jpg

sUZlboQ.jpg

buT thE sims 4 sims have no reaction to death!!!?
    omg emotions are just over rated buffs that don't add anything to the game!!

Back to reality, people tend to forget how soul less sims 3 sims were. Family just died? Get an uncomfortable moodlet and be fine in a day. These sims visibly show emotions and you don't need read a moodlet to know what's wrong. You can see it on them. He's visibly sad and it's convincing and heart breaking.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Jonalin wrote: »

yyAoBft.png

Me too @Jonalin! I actually did let one of my Sims die, but I felt so guilty I spent two whole weeks doing everything required to resurrect her with ambrosia. :neutral_face: It took ages. I hate when one of my Sims dies :cry:
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    I...I'm actually crying. Whenever a sim dies that I like I cry. When I see other pictures of sims that die and look sad I begin to cry. When I see the other sims in mourning I cry.

I cry easily when it comes to games like this. My heart is broken right now. Heck, when one of my sims died I cried longer than his sister did in the game. I was still sobbing even when I reloaded the save and he didn't die.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Sorry to hear your sims died, I know how it feels, I hate it when they die and it is sad. It does make you cry.
  • Options
    justin5812justin5812 Posts: 632 Member

6niHrfi.png?1

kOSPery.jpg

Mecxk8B.jpg

WVcO7xS.jpg

AcDasWF.jpg

sUZlboQ.jpg
    The creators missed a lot of things in this game but they 100% delivered on the emotions they pumped up so much. You can feel the emotions from your sims when something incredibly funny or sad happens. After a few more updates and expansion packs, I think this game will finally start to grow on people. At least I hope so.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Hmph. I guess my family is buggy then. Patriarch died - not one person in household even blinked an eye. They just didn't notice. Sigh.
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    Jonalin wrote: »

yyAoBft.png

Me too @Jonalin! I actually did let one of my Sims die, but I felt so guilty I spent two whole weeks doing everything required to resurrect her with ambrosia. :neutral_face: It took ages. I hate when one of my Sims dies :cry:

Twice when I was playing Sims 2, I nearly lost a favorite sim. I quickly exited w/o saving. I'm just not into the whole death part of it. Then again, I don't play legacy style so there's no need for my sims to die off.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I am actually jealous of all these sad pictures. My Sims generally do not react when a family member dies.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    snurfles wrote: »
    I am actually jealous of all these sad pictures. My Sims generally do not react when a family member dies.

Don't feel bad...my sims hubby passed away, but she was too busy socializing in the pool XDD
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited February 2015
    I've always found the bathtub one intriguing, just because its the only shot I've ever seen of it, I've never seen it in game or any other footage/shots.

edit~ Ah, I think I understand now, there are objects on the bath behind the sim, shampoo bottle, soap etc, its maybe just staged.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    My patriarch recently died too and everyone in the household was sad for days.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I know your pictures are sad but I just had to comment on the older guys hair. It looks like it was melted and poured on. I just can not get use to the hair along with a lot of other things in the sims 4. Sorry.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Badmagic wrote: »
    I've always found the bathtub one intriguing, just because its the only shot I've ever seen of it, I've never seen it in game or any other footage/shots.

edit~ Ah, I think I understand now, there are objects on the bath behind the sim, shampoo bottle, soap etc, its maybe just staged.

Here is the uncropped screenshot. It's not staged.

vWfDFns.png

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member

Here is the uncropped screenshot. It's not staged.

vWfDFns.png

Thanks for the link, I still find it odd I've never seen this anywhere other than this one shot though.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Thanks for the link, I still find it odd I've never seen this anywhere other than this one shot though.
    I've had a sim cry in the bath. It wasn't because of a death though, I haven't played long enough for anyone to die yet. I think it was because I forgot to celebrate her birthday...

I was gutted! She was so sad about it, moping around and crying. I swore I would never forget another sims birthday ever again!