Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bella Goth mystery solved (official)!!!

So I was reading the interview Lindsay gave to PC Gamer and...

"The idea was Bella was supposed to have run away and ended up in Strangetown, and she was supposed to be a townie wandering around in Strangetown in The Sims 2, but I made a mistake in the neighborhood data so she never showed up anywhere. Everyone thought that was like this huge, ‘Oh gosh, where did she go?’ I was like, ‘Oh, that was a bug. Sorry, I didn’t mean to.’ It was fun. It actually fuelled this idea of, ‘Oh, what happened to Bella?’"

http://www.pcgamer.com/giant-scissors-disease-and-beyonce-why-fans-still-love-the-sims-after-15-years/
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    But she does end up as a townie in Strangetown! You just got to look hard enough or summon her to a lot via the Tombstone of Life and Death or through mods and hacks. Plus, there's the original Bella Sim still in Pleasantview with her memories wiped, and has a I Am Dead token (can only be seen in SimPE) but still appears "alive" in the family tree.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/r/l.gif[/img]...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/r/l.gif[/img]...

Uh lol I didn't write it I quoted it :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Everybody know the Strangetown Bella is a clone made by aliens.
    tenor.gif
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Interesting.
    XopaxPax wrote: »

Yeah, the plesant view Bella and Strange Town Bella were not the same, they had a similar face but they weren't the same :p I think devs couldn't recover the original at the time lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    That's weird, since the one that DOES show up in Strangetown has quite a bit of "mistakes"...
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    XopaxPax wrote: »

Yeah, the plesant view Bella and Strange Town Bella were not the same, they had a similar face but they weren't the same :p I think devs couldn't recover the original at the time lol

They must be really lazy then, because you can recreate the plesantview Bella in CAS by just selecting the second premade face.

tenor.gif
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    True, the two Bellas were not the same. I eventually resurrected the original Bella through SimPE in Pleasantview, but by that time, Mortimer had been married to Dina Caliente for so long that it just didn't feel right, somehow, to have Bella around anymore. Also I had gotten so used to the one in Strangetown. If I recall, at first the Strangetown Bella wasn't showing up as a townie and that was soon fixed in a patch.
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I like Lindsay Pearson :) She seems very personable and I like that she's honest, that Bella Goth in sims 2 was a bug, even though it turned out to be pretty cool lol.
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    I like Lindsay Pearson :) She seems very personable and I like that she's honest, that Bella Goth in sims 2 was a bug, even though it turned out to be pretty cool lol.

She's actually my favorite guru :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Poor Bella became a bug. That's sad about the elders too. I knew that they died way too easily and nice to know it is a bug. Time to bug EA help about that now. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CokeandaltrockCokeandaltrock Posts: 70 Member
    Why couldn't have Don gotten lost instead of Bella? :(

he deserved it for what he did to Cassie.
  • YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    You know I think I read this somewhere before back in TS2 days about Bella. There was an error in the game data or something..
  • EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    Bella Goth's story is one of the reasons I feel The Sims 3 should have been after The Sims 2. Had they have kept the storyline going, we could have been playing Cassandra's grandchildren in 4. The new neighbourhood characters suck.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I thought the Story was- she was Abducted and the Spacecraft crashed in Strangetown and that's why she didn't remember being related to the Goths.... Gawh! I'm lost now. :confused:

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I heard Bella moved back in with Mortimer in TS4, no one seemed to notice that she was gone, after all, TS4 Sims are now notorious for not reacting to anything...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    I heard Bella moved back in with Mortimer in TS4, no one seemed to notice that she was gone, after all, TS4 Sims are now notorious for not reacting to anything...

Sims 4 is set in alternative unvierse to Sims 1,2, and 3.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Sims 4 is set in alternative unvierse to Sims 1,2, and 3.

True, my Sims would never forgive me if they had to move there
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    Great article. Thanks for sharing!
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    actually the true story behind her disappearance
    was that mortimer was part of a secret society
    which is known as the plumminati
    who prophesise the coming of the all powerful plumbob
    and ruled the sims world through secrecy
    as puppeteers of world events.
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Dariu wrote: »

Poor plumminati...don't they realize they live on the all powerful plumbob? :) (sorry...read it and had to break out my Watcher meme)

Plumbob%20World%201.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    I always considered Strangetown Bella the real one. Following the hints in the basegame she disappeared from Pleasantview and ended up in Strangetown for reasons up to us players to decide. When I learned of the other Bella in Pleasantview, I thought of the two Bellas as one and the same character, but played by two different actresses.

Only recently I experimented with the Bellas being two different persons. You can have a look at the result here: enkisstories.tumblr.com/ (click "Pleasantview Nuclear Winter" in the sidebar to the left)
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Dariu wrote: »

Poor plumminati...don't they realize they live on the all powerful plumbob? :) (sorry...read it and had to break out my Watcher meme)

Plumbob%20World%201.png

actually; they know they live on a world shaped like a plumbob
    but they conceal the truth to hide it from the other simmers;
    why else would they explain that sims with astronaut and space smuggler's salaries are insanely high?
    the simplicity of which that they swore an oath to conceal the truth.

Plumminati not only controls that.
    The Landgraabs are well known Plumminatis aswell..
    though to become a Plumminati; it doesnt mean you have to be rich necessarily
    but you have to have a brilliant mind to overcome the normal train of thought which conforms to Sim Society.

..in other words; you have to be an exceptional Sim.
    There are many secrets of the Plumbob which the Plumminati Guards
    and some are horrors which are inexplainable and continue to bend the very fabric of physics in the Sims Universe.

Such paradoxes and omnipotent beings are
    Social Bunny and Tragic Clown.
    These beings transcend the limitations of an ordinary sim to become a being on par of the Grim.

Though their powers and abilities are not the same as that of The Grim.
    They have powerful influences in the world around them

Social Bunny is one of the few beings of example that does appear; when a Sim is down on his feelings; this being would appear to try and help bring up the Sim in question; sometimes even more than one would appear; but in each Sim there is atleast 1 specific bunny assigned to them... in other words they are the moral conscience that is the inner most desire of the said Sim to continue despite appearing slightly ominous; their entity is one which gives hope to a Sim....

Another example and somewhat destructive in nature
    is Tragic Clown.

Tragic Clown, Ex-Ordinary Sim known as Sunny.
    This being; despite looking tragic and depressed and down on his luck; is perhaps one of the worst omnipotent beings that threatens the wellbeing of ordinary simmers;
    that in his actions and attempts to cheer up a simmer; would actually have the opposite effect and make things worse and worse and worse...
    Perhaps Sunny believes what he is doing is an attempt to try and help other simmers...
    or perhaps even more sinister; he is fully aware what effect his actions have and want to drive simmers further into despair and meet a fate similar to his own... a tragic end.
    In essence perhaps Sunny gains his Omnipotent nature through the number of victims he feeds off from their emotional and mood..
    ...Nobody truly knows except the Plumminati
    Just as the method to free Simmers from the Tragic Clown's Curse is by burning his painting
    regardless of the numerous times Tragic Clown gets killed; he will continue to live on... in other reincarnations and his curse wont stop any time soon...

But one thing for sure is; there is perhaps many more out there
    which are hidden and veiled
    or some which have been successfully contained by the Plumminati...

@LaAbby‌
    @Miki‌