Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims at home won't take care of themselves?

So I have a 6 head household I'm playing with atm.

I took three of my sims camping, and left the others at home as they have work.
I'm shocked.
They aren't taking care of themselves - now my vacation is falling short because the three of them are about to die of starvation!
- Is this happening to anyone else too?
tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

Comments

• strangestfruitstrangestfruit Posts: 53 Member
    This has happened to me once too, but I wasn't on vacation.... All but one member of my household has gone to work so I'd sent the last one to the park to do a spot of fishing... but when my other sims got back from work, they weren't taking care of themselves at home... the symbol for 'take care of self' hadn't appeared on their icon... so I don't know if it's just something to do with them getting back from work while you're away from your home lot or not... Hope it gets sorted.

Does it change when you move from lot to lot? As in, if your inactive sims aren't taking care of themselves and you move your active sims to another lot, do they start to take care of themselves then or not? Just something to try I guess. If it works it saves you having to leave your vacation early. ^_^;;
  • SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    I just bought Outdoor Retreat yesterday and this was the first thing that happened!
    My child almost died.

I hope they fix it soon, or that it never happens again xD
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    This has happened to me once too, but I wasn't on vacation.... All but one member of my household has gone to work so I'd sent the last one to the park to do a spot of fishing... but when my other sims got back from work, they weren't taking care of themselves at home... the symbol for 'take care of self' hadn't appeared on their icon... so I don't know if it's just something to do with them getting back from work while you're away from your home lot or not... Hope it gets sorted.

Does it change when you move from lot to lot? As in, if your inactive sims aren't taking care of themselves and you move your active sims to another lot, do they start to take care of themselves then or not? Just something to try I guess. If it works it saves you having to leave your vacation early. ^_^;;

I didn't try moving them from lot to lot, I just sent them to the vacation place and made sure they felt well before I sent them back home.
    I'll try that, though :)
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    I cant say its a problem I've had, can you not cheat them healthy again :)
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    When I did this, It looked like everyone was doing horribly at home, but when my vacationing sim returned from vacation everyone was fine, all the stay at homers had full (or decent) needs.
  • ProMarshmallowProMarshmallow Posts: 77 Member
    It done this to me so I travelled home and they were all in the fine emotion. Don't worry they won't die it's just that it says they are uncomfortable. Don't worry.
  • 22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    I had the same issue and like @CorkysPetals‌ & @ProMarshmallow‌ said, when I got home everyone was fine. It may be a glitch in the UI.
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    I've tried clicking on one of the sims and changing to the family back home for a few minutes to get them together is one option or
    AND I TRY so hard not to cheat ....However, When having this problem while camping I'll search around & travel to one of the vacation homes (if I'm not staying there already) and click on the mailbox for filling the family cheat needs ... :'( This is the only way I can fill all my sims up when the ones at home looks severely RED and I don't want to end my trip ...

I'll admit one time when (Ending my trip early) traveling back home my family seems to have pulled through and not as bad as the panel was showing during my vacation.

Another Time they were so red with so many negative emotions going on a very scary sight ...So I vowed not to take it for granted and just get them up and going especially when I want to stay on vacation for a while.

a bug / glitch?!?! maybe?
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    I was hosting a wedding party at the park. Right after they exchanged rings, my bride decided to leave for work. I didn't notice until after she left and attempted to have her leave work early and then return to the party. But... when she left work she went back to the home lot and I had no control over her and I was unable to bring her back to the party. I was a bit upset.
  • EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    mine seem to forget how to use the toilet when I'm away on camp. Hopefully they will patch in adult nappies with the next release - it would solve all the problems.
  • Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited February 2015
    I've had the same issue, all the sims left at home had the uncomfortable emotion and their needs were in the red. There was also no options for one of the sims, like garden etc.

I then sent my sim home so I could check on them, and most of their needs were still in the red.
  • BooBooKittieBooBooKittie Posts: 32 Member
    This happens to me when I travel and the Sims that are home get off work, but I've had my Sim leave his family home for days on fishing trips to oasis park (he takes sleep replacement potions) and no one has died.
  • DextroyerX2DextroyerX2 Posts: 267 Member
    I think your Sim's family members are falsely luring you home because if they can't enjoy a vacation then you can't either :3
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    I've had the same issue, all the sims left at home had the uncomfortable emotion and their needs were in the red. There was also no options for one of the sims, like garden etc.

I then sent my sim home so I could check on them, and most of their needs were still in the red.

This happened to me too. I took the adults on a vacation, leaving the teens and kids at home. At first everything was fine, but then the button that appears on each missing Sim (the little lightning bolt one) disappeared from all of them and they stopped caring for themselves. I had to leave their vacation early and when they got home everyone was in the red. I'm surprised the social worker didn't take the kids away :neutral_face:
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This will be really fun when active careers come out.
  • Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Clarkie100 wrote: »

This happened to me too. I took the adults on a vacation, leaving the teens and kids at home. At first everything was fine, but then the button that appears on each missing Sim (the little lightning bolt one) disappeared from all of them and they stopped caring for themselves. I had to leave their vacation early and when they got home everyone was in the red. I'm surprised the social worker didn't take the kids away :neutral_face:

I thought the same too, I will have to try it again and see if the same thing happens.
  • acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    If you're on vacation, can you not change the active sim to the one on the home lot? I hope we can do that, so that you can at least take care of those at home if they are close to death.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    There is a bug where if the active sim is not on the home lot when a sim from their household is at school or work the sims who are at work or school stop looking after their needs. When they return home from work or school they also lose the normal controls that sims who are not on your current lot have such as being able to direst them to look after their needs, work on a skill, switch to them etc.

This happens if if your active sim is visiting any non-home not just Granite Falls and it is a bug that was introduced in the December patch. Why it wasn't a priority to fix before they released Outdoor Retreat I don't know. I certainly hope it is fixed before GTW is being released otherwise I am not buying that EP.

But in answer to your question, if all the sims on the home lot have gone to work or school and returned you will have lost the ability to switch to them. What you need to do is save and go to manage worlds. Switch to your home world and load the home lot. You won't need much time there as the needs of the affected sims have bounced back (although there will be a queue for the toilet). If you switch immediately to the sim in Granite Falls they will continue looking after their needs until the next time they go to work or school.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • NemoNemo Posts: 1 New Member
    I've got a thing that uses cheats to stop that from happening:
    1. control-shift-c
    2. testingcheats on
    3. Shift-click on any Sim in your household
    4. Click 'needs'
    5. Click 'make happy'
    6. Repeat 3 & 4 on the same Sim
    7. Click 'disable need decay'
    8. They'll stay happy with full need bars until you do 3 & 4 again then press 'enable need decay'.
    9. Yay!
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    This is still happening sometimes...when my one sim is at her store, the other household members seem incapable of caring for themselves when they get back from work.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Dendarii wrote: »
    This is still happening sometimes...when my one sim is at her store, the other household members seem incapable of caring for themselves when they get back from work.

Hello
    If this issue continues to occur in your game, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder