Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims-a Visual History!

Comments

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you @Winterloc :) so happy you could join us!
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    You are welcome sparkfairy1, I really like these pics. Did you use fraps?

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
    winterloc wrote: »

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)

Haha I don't even know what that is? Best ask @06Bon06 @PsychYourMind08‌ and @blaznfalcn‌ who also worked on the pics :) they may know ;)
    edited February 2015
    Thanks I'm still trying to figure out my old account for photobucket. :D What pictures I have are no where as nice as what you guys have. :D
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc :D
    Edit: I clicked on your big picture here in this post and left my comment. :D
    Post edited by winterloc on
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)

Fraps is used to take videos and I think screenshots too. I think we all just used the in-game button? Or am I lost haha
  • blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)

Fraps is used to take videos and I think screenshots too. I think we all just used the in-game button? Or am I lost haha

This is correct. Fraps can be used to record video at resolutions up to 2560x1600 in size and also screenshots. So you are correct and not lost Bon ;)
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
    HI Blaz and bones,
    Another simmer is looking for help on fraps @wilderwolf. Check out his post if you know how to use this for sims 1. I tried but had it confused with frame rates per second. :D
    Thanks <3
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
    Thanks Blaznfalc for your help over at the that wilderwolf thread <3
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    @Wilderwolf Very nice! Thank you for sharing!
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Even after nearly six years, I still marvel over how beautiful TS3 looks in screens. The sims might be fat little pudding faces, and I like them that way, but the worlds and the surrounds are absolutely stunning.
    I love looking at pictures of Sims 2. It brings back so many wonderful memories, even though I still play the game nearly every day. They always remind me of the first time I experienced whatever situation is being shown, and how much in awe I was and the wonderment I felt at the time.

*sniffle*
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2015
    I know the Sims themselves have come on in leaps and bounds since Sims 1 but, imo, Sims 1 holds up very well against the later games.

The decor and furniture still look very acceptable to me and the darker colour of the grass is something I wish had been carried over into Sims 2 and Sims 3. I always thought it added to the darkness of Sims 1, a slight hint of the menace that used to manifest itself when the creators decided to be humourous :mrgreen:

I could happily play with Sims 2 sims in the Sim 1 world if only it was open and had the Sims 2 or 3 camera.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I never got to play Sims 1 myself. I like the looks of Makin' Magic.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited February 2015
    Wilderwolf,
    Is that all done with your fraps? Oh my what awesome pictures. Sims 1 looks stunning as does S2, S3, S4. I totally agrees with what Blaznfalcn, Pary, and ratsrbest said in their comments I could not agree more or said it better than they did my self. Just fabulous pictures. I do not know how to do any of what you all have done here in this thread. But if I could rate it stars I would give a million. The best that I could do was hit the like button so color that done. :D AWESOME. (*) (*) (*) (*) x a million.= 4 million :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    @winterloc I used the print screen key for the sims 1 pictures, Fraps for Sims 2 as the in-game screenshots were too small and low quality, and the in-game camera for Sims 3 and 4.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    @winterloc I used the print screen key for the sims 1 pictures, Fraps for Sims 2 as the in-game screenshots were too small and low quality, and the in-game camera for Sims 3 and 4.

You could also use print screen for The Sims 2, but beforehand press tab to remove the UI and then take the picture.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)

You could also use print screen for The Sims 2, but beforehand press tab to remove the UI and then take the picture.

Yeah, but fraps is a lot easier because it saves the picture automatically with a click of a button. The print screen way requires pasting it into a program to save it. And tab is needed for fraps too because it captures everything on the screen, so still gotta remove the ui for it.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member

Yeah, but fraps is a lot easier because it saves the picture automatically with a click of a button. The print screen way requires pasting it into a program to save it. And tab is needed for fraps too because it captures everything on the screen, so still gotta remove the ui for it.

What is fraps anyway? I'm hearing the term being used a lot here.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @Wilderwolf‌ Those are awesome! I must say the sims 3 looks beautiful.
    edited February 2015
    @Wilderwolf‌ ,
    You must also have a very good video/graphics card. Your sims 1 look really 3D. nice and colorful. I do not think mine look as sharp round and crisp. I have some old video cards in my old computer and even on my 3 year old laptop I do not think they look as good as yours.

While typing this I just went back and looked at all the pictures again. Everything looks nice and rounded like on the shoulders and the heads. Fraps is really nice for s2, To me I am getting more of a sims 4 look then the natural sims 1 or sims 2 or sims 3 look in your pictures. Really nice. :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)

Edit I just looked at your simblr awesome I love how you captured sims 1 makin Magic what fun that whole game really is.
    Did you have Bob walk the catwalk in Superstar? The first time I had my male sim Howard Potter walk it I fell out of my computer chair. I laughed so hard. I did not expect to see what I saw. Ha Ha Ha :D
    Post edited by winterloc on
    I run it on a little Toshiba laptop, so I'm actually really surprised with how great all of my Sims games look, especially Sims 3. They look better on this laptop than they did on my old desktop.

And yeah I had him walk the catwalk when he was too low level of a celebrity and the lady running it freaked out. I love the hnd fan she uses for emphasis.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

I run it on a little Toshiba laptop, so I'm actually really surprised with how great all of my Sims games look, especially Sims 3. They look better on this laptop than they did on my old desktop.

And yeah I had him walk the catwalk when he was too low level of a celebrity and the lady running it freaked out. I love the hnd fan she uses for emphasis.

I miss ts1, I need to get it out and see if my new computer let's me play lol

That must be a sweet little Toshiba laptop. I always over look them when I was looking for a new laptop. Maybe next time I will give Toshiba a better look and see what it has. :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)

• Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    This thread makes me feel nostalgic for my old Sims games, unfortunately between out-dated media storage (does anyone remember floppy disk drives? :blush: )..and Old hard-drives that died I don't have many pics from TS1 or 2 anymore. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top