Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• ZandalarZandalar Posts: 88 Member
    I've always loved The Sims. Ever since I was 9 years old and I got it for my birthday. I was so excited when my dad installed it on his computer, I was hyperventilating! Anyway, that's 13 years passed. But that should tell you the amount of time and effort I've put into these games. For those who may not understand, I play all the time. (Especially now because I'm a stay at home mom, so when my baby is asleep i'm usually playing The Sims since Blizzard released WoD and destroyed the World of Warcraft for me) I have no issues with change when it comes to video games. (Not really a fan in real, but hey!) When the sims 2 came out, I was impressed. I loved the way you could have toddlers and the camera. The whole game play had changed. It was fun.
    The sims 3 came out, And I was ecstatic. I had been so excited to buy it and naturally, EA and Maxis delivered. TS3 was an amazing game, and with each Expansion pack, it got better.

So naturally, You can understand. 13 years playing The Sims Saga, countless legacy families come and gone. (eventually they'd die out in the sims 3 with just 1 little old lady/man who spent their lives alone. Usually once I got bored of the family, about 7-8 generations in) I was excited for the sims 4. Which I finally got as a Christmas gift from my best friend. (Remember how I mentioned I'm a stay at home mom? I'm also a single mom, the only way i'm getting to play anything is if I get it as a gift right now.) I was cloud nine. I'm not here to just complain, however... I'm not impressed with The Sims 4.

Let's start with what I like:
    1. I enjoy the fact that multitasking is integrated into this game. It makes things a lot easier, and a lot better especially when it comes to interactions and social events (like a dinner party).
    2. I really like the changes in build mode, the way you can push and pull things to change them to how you vision it is very cool. This especially becomes handy when making roofs.
    3. I really enjoy the "Take a pregnancy test" option.
    4. I enjoy the smoothness of the game. I like the way the edges are smoother, the graphics clearer.
    5. I enjoy the progression of Achievements. How there's small milestones up to the final achievement.
    6. I'm very glad that you reintegrated Family trees.
    7. CAS - Holy crap! Love the changes so you can make a sim look more like you envisioned, though sometimes I find it hard to use the Push + Pull method to get the desired look.
    8. Changes to the emotions system, and i love the "dashboard" look.

What I dislike:
    1. I absolutely HATE that there are no toddlers. I loved those little suckers. (I've noticed a lot of people posting about how they don't like toddlers. Maybe you should make it an option under "Gameplay"? Something like "Enable Toddlers"
    2. I absolutely DESPISE that in Build mode, you can no longer make EVERYTHING your own. You can't change five million patterns on one item, you can only use specific colors, and my god. PINK FLOOR TILE?!?! Who would ever want that? (A little girl with a personalized bathroom would!)
    3. I dislike how buggy this game is, though I understand you're still smoothing out the kinks. (earlier today, my sim couldn't cook. She also had no food in the fridge and three kids to feed)
    4. No Work/School Cars?!?! What is this?!?!
    5. Lack of professions. (Though I heard somewhere along the grape vine that you may be planning to launch a Profession expansion pack)
    6. No cars what so ever, though I think you'll probably change that later on, you usually do.
    7. I'm also not impressed with the fact that pools have no diving boards! What is that?! (Also, I've always wanted a little kiddy slide and other water toys for a pool.)
    8. I don't like that you can't assign people to beds anymore. (Maybe even just being able to assign a whole room to a person would be cool)
    9. NO STORY PROGRESSION!!!!!!!!!+++++*****!!!!!!!! This is a HUGE thing for me. I played about 60 hours when I first got the game, and I noticed that my towns were dying out and there was just my family left. I also noticed that my kids weren't making friends, which made certain achievements very difficult to get. I've made several games to try and change that and nothing changed. (I read on a forum that if you're not making babies the game won't make babies. I'm not sure if this is right but I tried to change that and popped out a good 6 of those suckers. It changed nothing.)

So in conclusion, I'd appreciate it if Story Progression was added back. (I find it ridiculous that in a game that is supposed to SIMulate LIFE you remove story progression. But, I'm not a game developer, so what do i know?) Fix the bugs!!! Toddlers!!! Make customization better so we can change everything and anything. (Even if I want a bright puke green front foor, or a bright puke green marble floor. That's my prerogative!) Add Work and school cars, because it's a little weird to see them just disappear to work and school. Add more stuff, you know the usual complaints. Time to step it up EA/Maxis!! :]
    421342.gif
  • jasminemandyjasminemandy Posts: 26 Member
    Totally in love with Sims 4,, love how to sims have their own thoughts, love how their moods affects their day.. actually love this game over all the others, gives the sims more things t do. love the mulititasking. x
  • linkster123linkster123 Posts: 148 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before but I feel the game needs more variety with staircases. I miss having spiral staircases or stairs that have 2 sets of steps to go up one floor, kinda limits my creativity with building homes.

It'd also be nice if foundations weren't 'one setting for all buildings' so we could have varied height with buildings on the same lot.
    Post edited by linkster123 on
    Origin ID: Sheikus
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,653 Member
    edited February 2015
    I wonder what makes one persons game buggy and not another's. I have no bugs - unless I'm blissfully unaware of them. I did have an occasion when after going into the gallery when I went back to the game the house had disappeared, but it would come back if I went to map view and back in again, but that stopped happening, and it only happened about 3 times. Strange.
    I still miss an open world and cars. I love following the car around the neighbourhood.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I have some suggestions that I think are just small features/items that could enhance the overall game
    1. Growable facial hair. The player can choose this option in CAS or else from the mirror for sims not made in CAS, they can let it be random or choose a beard that will gradually grow over a few sim days. And then have the ability to shave it at the sink (you could also get moodlets for freshly shaved and one for nicking your skin).
    2. Ability to create hybrid lots, there are so few venue spots in the game, but loads of space on one to make a cafe/pool, bar/lounge, gym/spa etc on the one lot, and be able to set it to both.
    3. "Plastic Surgery". Same as in the Sims 3, for people who are unhappy with their sim children born while playing plastic surgery allowing us to take them into CAS full edit, without that bug that causes relationships to be set to siblings when using the cheat for it
    4. Sofa beds, showers without the glass (so you can build larger showers using walls and window panes as the panels), stylist career
    5. More traits and aspirations.
    caitytrina.png
  • JACK14JACK14 Posts: 159 Member
    suggested additions in future updates:

1. the ability to lock doors, and only allow access to certain sims.
    2. being able to choose the type of partner in the CAS relationships section (boyfriend/fiancee/married) I loved that in the sims 3.
    3. more hair colours. there's no light brown or darker blonde, y'know stuff like that, maybe even a colour wheel to choose the hair colour.
    4. car pools and school buses, it's not as realistic without them.
    5. maybe if it's possible add a height slider, if you can pull sims inwards and outwards, why can't you pull them up and down,
    6. and finally I know you've probably heard this a million and one times but toddlers, please?!

if you read this thank you, I don't feel I'm asking too much, just stuff to make the game a little more real. :)
    10qdhxj.png
  • jyagio85jyagio85 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see in a future update and or expansion.

1.) Ability to lock doors.
    2.) I would like to see banking in the Sims. Maybe also have the ability to take out a loan and repay back, etc!
  • bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    With pools, camping, many bug fixes and a potentially awesome upcoming EP out of the way, the biggest thing I would love to see most is a CAW tool, along with terrain tools and basements in build mode.

One major issue the latest improvements have not addressed is the confined feel of the 2 residential worlds. Loading screens are one thing, but I feel that a CAW tool will seriously alleviate that issue. With an awesome gallery system already in place, expanding the play area will just be a few clicks away. The complaints with the small worlds, which IMO is the biggest gamebreaker ATM, would be instantly solved.

I miss seeing those magnificent hillside houses in the TS3 exchange, and I hope they can return to TS4 one day. Also, basements, just because. My favorite premade home in TS3 has to be Hunter Cottoneye's underground bunker, and I'd like to remake it in TS4.
  • Swjosdotschka2Swjosdotschka2 Posts: 110 Member
    Because it fits here as well, let me just copy and paste my post this one time from another thread.

I can announce now that I uninstalled Sims 4 completely. I will still help to fight for a better Sims 4 for those who have still hope. Mine is gone though, and it was liberating to get rid of Sims 4 from my hard-drive.

In my opinion, there are too many aspects in the game that can not be changed anymore, which includes but are not limited to:
    • Emotionless Sims: (oh, the irony...) The Sims do not react to birth, death, destroying of their toys even when they see who does it. All Sims are self-oriented only. The group actions are somewhat fake. The Sims do not look at each other and are in no way impressed by what other Sims do.
    • The object baby. It will never have propper genetic and be freed from it's crib. It will always be a lifeless doll without any trait.
    • The realistic genetic I so love about Sims 2 will never be there in Sims 4. I know it is not there in Sims 3 as well, so a lot of only-Sims 3 players might not know what I am talking about. But the missing realistic genetic is talen away all the fun for me to "breed" over several generations.
    • The adult stage will always be too long, starting with teen and going until turning into elder. No difference in the life stages. No acne, no different height, no nothing. No fun.
    • The following expansion packs will - in my opinion - always be completly empty. Three buisnesses in an expansion pack... enough said.
    • IF there will ever be toddlers, they will let us pay for it. I thought I would be fine with it. But I am not. Not anymore. I don't buy there excuse that they did not have enough time for toddlers or did not know how much we wanted them. The Sims 3 store told them otheriwse. They know that toddlers will sell like gold, when they appear in an expansion pack.
    • A good recolour system for objects will never be implemented. Believe it or not, I hated CASt. However, I am a Sims 2 player and I always had th option to combine two different colour options together. Like, colour of the bed and colour of the bedding. I don't have it in Sims 4. Over a decade later and a game is ripped off the basics.

I am happy for everyone who can enjoy Sims 4 or might be able to enjoy it in the future. Happy and a bit envious, to be honest. Because after almost half a year of TRYING to play and enjoying the game, I have to be honest to myself and give in... or better give up. This game will never be a true Sim-title for me and the engine will not let them fix all that, even when they were willing.

The only think I leave on my hard drive for a little while longer is the CAS Demo. I should have knowen that this will be the only feature I like. They did not advertise much of the game play all through pre-relase time anyway... Silly me.

Congratulations, EA! After spending over 1000 dollars on all Sim Games by now, I am now leaving the stage. Fulwill your vision without my money. We might see each other when you finally respect your customers and create a Sims 5 that is worth to be a new part of the sequel.

To those of you who will call me hater now: One day, maybe you will learn the difference between a ctritic and a hater.

• Bailey51Bailey51 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love it if, in the new Sims 4 Get To Work, they put a teacher job. PLEASE! That would be so cute and wonderful :smile:
  • calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited February 2015
    theres going to be the following open careers in the new EP
    crime, police/detective, medical, scientist, fashion/photography
    and retail which will be up to you and your sims skills
    h2xmsbl]

• mjlangridgemjlangridge Posts: 33 Member
    Umm, I'm 346 hours in..
    I love the graphics, the emotions, and well pretty much everything.
    What I don't like;
    ~ musical chairs during dinner
    ~ Sims just randomly walking in on others to chat in the bathroom.
    ~ My teenage Sims can ask about woohoo but they cant have a crush or girlfriend/boyfriend.

Suggestions? a diving board would be nice for the pool.
    ~ I think it would be cool if I could hire someone to come over and tend the garden. (It's a great source of Simolians but takes way too much out of my sim, doesn't leave time for much of a social life.
    ~ Also, can't wait to have pets back if that ever happens. And toddlers! :3

Overall thoughts?
    ~ I'm going to keep playing as long as the game, and my computer allow it. As long as EA and The Sims 4 keep coming up with new stuff. I love Sims4.
    I am Margaret Langridge, writer, blogger, reader, and Simmer.
    http://mwlangridge-awritersjourney.com/
  • kikahkikah Posts: 13 New Member
    I can't wait for the new expansion pack to came out. I really like the graphics and their moods.
    The only thing i would like to have back is the open world. :)
  • kikahkikah Posts: 13 New Member
    @Bailey51 A teacher job! That would be so nice!
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    I've only gotten to play a few hours of the game but what I do like is:

-The overall style of the game, it's kind of 'cartoony' looking and has very nice graphics (especially with water and lighting).
    - Emotions and animations, the sims are very expressive in TS4.
    - CAS! I'm in love with the new Create a Sim, fairly easy and fun to use, I could spend hours just playing with CAS.
    -Building tools. I have never been that big a builder in Sim games but the new tools have blown me away, I might actually build something now.
    -Career and Social Event menus, for some reason I really like the look of them.
    -Two relationship bars, one for friendship and one for romance, I thought that was pretty cool!

There isn't a whole lot I dislike in TS4 but there are some things, such as:

-The camera, it's not that big of an issue but even when set to the Sims 3 style camera it's not the same, takes some getting use too.
    - Seemed a bit bare compared to other Sim games base games, but with the new updates it's improved.
    - No toddlers, it's a bit strange to see a baby age up to a kid.
    - Teens don't look that much younger than a young adult/adult sim, at all.
    - Seems a bit harder to control multiple sims, but that could just be a matter of opinion.
    - Lack of story progression, it seems a bit repetitive.

Overall I really do like TS4 (more than TS3), I love the new style of the game, it's very cute and charming and the emotions and animations are welcome but I do see points where the game can improve. Of course, it is just the base game (and one game pack) but I'm sure we'll see it improve even further with additional game updates and future expansion and stuff packs. :D
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • D-CubedSeanD-CubedSean Posts: 9 New Member
    What you liked - I enjoy the graphics a lot. It feels more polished than The Sims 3 and looks more appeasing to the eye. Also, I feel I can really see how the Sims are feeling in this game as opposed to how robotic I felt they were in Sims 3.

What you didn't like - I don't really like how creating characters has gotten limited. I anted to make a man with an afro and it just wasn't one of the options. I also wonder why many of the expansion features in Sims 3 were taken out of Sims 4. I feel like i'll have to shell out the same amount of money for things I already bought in the previous Sims games.

Suggestions? - More options. There are places to go, but there is always room for more places. We have a gym, a bar, a museum... why not a mall, movie theater, a factory, a beach?

Overall thoughts? - Will keep playing. I play with friends and we record them for Youtube since we're having fun and want to share our laughs with everyone else.
  • halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    edited February 2015
    @NerdySims99; they had the two lines for friendship in Sims2 along with picking your likes and dislikes for romance. It was pretty cool.
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    > @halfnotes9 said:
    > NerdySims99; they had the two lines for friendship in Sims2 along with picking your likes and dislikes for romance. It was pretty cool.

I remember that! :D I think that's why I liked that they had something similar to that in The Sims 4.
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • SybilroseSybilrose Posts: 2 New Member
    The game is a lot better than people initially gave it credit for, there are other aspects of the game I would like to see fixed but I have one thing that has always bothered me, and for some reason it sticks out especially in this version of the game. The kitchen.

I design kitchens for a living so I know a few things about them, but I also know that you are trying to make a game that is functional and good from a slightly overhead view so I keep that in mind. I have tried over and over to think of why the wall cabinets were made almost the same depth as the base cabinets, and it just does not make sense. You would be able to see the room better and it would be more true to life if they were half the depth that the base cabinets are.

Also, placement heights. There is at least one that would be an almost normal looking height, but nothing fits on the counter below it if you place it there and it leaves a huge gap to the ceiling. An option to fix it would be adjusting the height placement just barely above that one that clears the microwave and coffeepots and misc decorations like papertowels and knife sets. Or maybe just adjust the dimensions of the refrigerators to make other things not look so strange. Where they have to sit now to fit things on the counters they are above the fridge, unless you upgrade to the nicest refrigerator and then you have to move the cabinet above that even higher and it leaves a massive gap between the fridge and the cabinet.

I would also like to be able to place a pantry cabinet and a shorter cabinet above the range or the refrigerator (above the refrigerator would also be the only appropriate place for a wall cabinet to be the same depth as a base cabinet) and it seems like that is supposed to be an option based on the premade kitchens you have, but I have yet to figure out how that works. However it works it is not intuitive.

To lay it out a bit differently...

[b]1. Wall cabinet dimensions: The depth of these should be half (12") that of the base cabinet (24"), with the only exception being one above a refrigerator which can vary from 12", 15" or 24" in depth depending on your design. One common way the 24" refrigerator cabinet is used is to place a pantry cabinet on both sides to enclose the appliance to make it look like a built in.[/b]

[b]2. Wall cabinet placement: Currently nothing fits on the countertops underneath the wall cabinets when they are placed at a height that resembles reality. They have to be placed so high right now that the bottom of the wall cabinet is almost above the top of the refrigerator. In reality a standard space between the counter and the wall cabinets is 18" (54" from floor to bottom of the cabinet"). It doesn't need to be perfection but it should at least be close enough to be passable.[/b]

[b]3. Making specialty cabinets is not intuitive. I have yet to figure out tall cabinets or a shorter wall cabinet. I did however manage to make a corner wall cabinet but it doesn't work every time I try to do it.[/b]

4. No under cabinet range hoods? This could just be another problem with it not being intuitive, but I admittedly haven't tried too hard for this one yet.

[b]5. It would be nice to have an alternate style range for more flexibility in designing an interesting layout. Throwing in a few Slide-In ranges would allow for a range to be placed in an island without looking strange with a backguard sticking up (currently there are only Free Standing ranges). A few wall ovens and cooktops would be fantastic too.[/b]

6. Castling options. This is where some wall cabinets or pantry cabinets are taller than others. Additionally if you castle the cabinet that is taller also becomes deeper ex: usually 24"W x 30"H x 12"D corner wall cabinet becomes 27"x36"x15" or 27"x39"x15" or whathaveyou.

I'm not really advocating for 100% accurate dimensions. Just that the general idea of some common kitchen layouts are doable and don't look awkward. I have noticed that islands are improved and that attached peninsula bars are now possible and I see the efforts being made to add specialty cabinets. Just please consider addressing some of these things. Hopefully before Sims 5.
  • RickAriesRickAries Posts: 13 New Member
    I think most of the commenters here like and dislike the same things I do about the Sims 4. I go all the way back to the early days of The Sims 1 and up until now, each new edition has been better than the last. You went backwards on some things here. This is especially true in regards to junking Create A Style in favor of a Sims 2 like extremely limited palate. NOT GOOD. Build mode lacks such things as the ability to make half (or 1/4, etc.) levels, U and L shaped stairs, and the ability to edit lot features. I spend 90 percent of my time building houses, lots, and even worlds, so I miss all the things I can't do in Sims 4. I like the new approach to roofing though, and the ease with which I can move objects up or down on walls. I don't expect to ever use the create a house from pre-made rooms feature, especially since you cant change the levels of individual rooms, whether pre made or built from scratch. All in all, a very mixed bag for a build oriented player like me. Overall I still prefer The Sims 3.
  • 10goliath10goliath Posts: 12 New Member
    Great game, so far I'm enjoying it more than TS3 simply because it isn't so overwhelming and overflowing with objects. However, I think the game needs at least a digital manual beyond the users guide. Also, there should be an option to disable the tutorial, not just reset it. So far, I don't think this one explains itself well enough to new players.
  • jojoPitzer677jojoPitzer677 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2015
    I know this is back from September, but I am getting really flustered with this game. I'm trying to find the positive, sadly though the negatives are way too big for the pros to out weigh. Heres what I don't like:

. The game is way too choppy.
    . There are no cars
    . No toddlers and teens look like adults
    . Items from the Gallery are taken away once I actually get to the game (meaning no new outside content can be added).
    . Outside activities were stripped down so much its ridiculous
    . The locked items with the furniture 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off!

While there are many more small disliked details, I do like some of the new content.

. Room already pre-made is nice
    . Secret hidden places are fun, although there is not much to do in them.

I just had to get this out and share my frustrations with people who feel the same way and maybe learn new things.
  • DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    I can't imagine someone is reading this entire thread. My feedback is small, so I didn't feel like creating a whole new thread. Overall, I'm happy with the game. I understand each "version" of THE SIMS (2,3, and now 4) is a new entity, and things will be different. As the game stands now, I enjoy it. The patches with free content has been nice to see, and it has helped. Ghosts and Pools = WOW. The most recent patch added family trees. I think within the trees, the sim portrait needs to be a tad larger. THE SIMS 4 did feel a tad bare when it was released. But, with the news of our first EP, that'll be a wonderful addition.
  • alphabetashalphabetash Posts: 6 New Member
    When will toddlers be put back into the game? I miss teaching them how to walk, talk and use the potty... other than that I love the game. Already downloaded the outdoor retreat can not wait to play it
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    You were not the only person that hated the toddlers. Those early stages of development were a pain in the butt. They were cute though.
    jtlvstay3 wrote: »
    Was I the only person that HATED toddlers? Please don't bring those things back. I do miss the open world. :(

tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif