Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrate The Sims!

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2015
    Fun Fact: Agnes Crumplebottom was not Mrs. Crumplebottom. Proof was in Sims 2 where Agnes Crumplebottom was a ghost in the Goths graveyard. The history on the Graveyard made Agnes the Aunt of Mortimer and sister to Mortimers mother. They were both born as Crumplebottoms.

Now that aside Agnes did have a tragic death to her beloved but it was on her wedding day before they were married - so she of course was still a Crumplebottom - she would have been Mrs. Darling had they married. But he fell into the pool and drowned supposedly.

The Mrs. Crumplebottom that attacked young lovers with her purse was alive and well long after Agnes - who never married - was in her grave. Play sims 2 and you will see Agnes the ghost in the graveyard as well as the live MRS. Crumplebottom hanging around the bar at Crypt O Night Bar and Grill among other places harrassing the young people in downtown. She - also lost her husband - as according to the history in pictures in memories of the different main families in Pleasantview - it tells the story of her and a man by the name of Robert Crumplebottom were married and after the wedding at the reception at the Crumplebottom family mansion a chandeleir had fallen on top of Robert and killed him. Also old Mrs. Crumplebottom was the tie that bound the Landgrabbs, the Crumplebottoms and the Goths as connected families, they were the three founders of Pleasantview, as old Mrs. Crumplebottom was a Landgrabbe that married Agnes Crumplebottoms fathers brother Robert. Her neice never became down on love like old Mrs. Crumplebottom did - even though they both lost the loves of their lives on their wedding day. Maybe because Agnes beloved came back as a ghost she still had him. Sadly old Mrs. Crumplebottoms did not.

ETA -As to what this has to do with the news on the 13th - I haven't a clue - but it always drives me nutty to see people confusing the two Crumplebottoms - especially after I investigated after I saw the live one in downtown of Pleasantview and the very different and not skinny minny ghost one running (or floating) around the Goth mansion.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CokeandaltrockCokeandaltrock Posts: 70 Member
    edited February 2015
    Fun fact : Goopy , a townie in Ts2 , was the ugliest male sim ever, had an appalling outfit, and he had the romance aspiration.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Ahh yes I remember Goopy well. Hope we see him again in TS4.

Fun Fact gurus how about passing it on we need Justine Keaton back since the Get to Work Ep has a Police Career Now. ;)
    Fun Fact : Justine Keaton was committed to an Asylum in The Sims 4 because of anger issues.
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Fun Fact: Nobody ever managed to solve the Bella Goth mystery.
    tenor.gif
    Fun Fact
    I miss jazz music. We had it in TS1 and Ts2. I also miss the New Age Piano,Country,Bigband and R and B from previous Sims games.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Fun Fact: In The Sims 2, Goopy Gilscarbo was named after a member (or maybe a couple of members) of the Sims 2 development team. I believe he is SimGuru Goopy (Goopy Rossi), but I do get the impression also that there was a Gilscarbo on the team; I'd have to look that up. However, if I remember correctly, several of the townies were named after some of the team members of the Sims 2 development team.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    Fun Fact:

I have no patience when it comes to building or legacies.
  • EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited February 2015
    Fun Fact: I love Bella Goth, but The Sims 4 ruins her and abandons her story because "alternate universe". :frowning::#
  • cutenfurry256cutenfurry256 Posts: 49 Member
    The wonderful term "Woo Hoo" was used as in marketing campaign by (the now gone) bank Washington Mutual. They had the term all over the bank. It made me laugh every time!; just thinking of "Woo Hoo"-ing in the bank...+snicker+snicker
    Fun fact the vibrating heart shape bed has been in sims 1,2 and 3. I hope to see it in sims 4 this coming week hints to the gurus. ;)
  • mjlangridgemjlangridge Posts: 33 Member
    Fun Fact: I don't know any fun facts, but I hope that whatever comes out on Valentines day is free because I'm flat broke.
    I am Margaret Langridge, writer, blogger, reader, and Simmer.
    http://mwlangridge-awritersjourney.com/
    Fun Fact: I don't know any fun facts, but I hope that whatever comes out on Valentines day is free because I'm flat broke.
    I'm sure it will be I just hope it has more then 1 item.

• YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Fun Fact: Bella Goth was a beauty in all sims games, accept sims 3, there she was ugly in my opinion, but in Sims 4 she is the beauty herself <3
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Fun Fact : The bff household are all MySims.
  • sosweetlysosweetly Posts: 47 Member
    Fun fact: lots of us learned about computers playing TS.

I've been playing TS for about 13 or 14 years. I started adding custom content and mods and had to learn to deal with the files when there were issues. As an older player, I didn't know much to start. Boy did I learn the hard way! Now I'm a system administrator :)

Thank you all for the walk down memory lane! I want to put TS2 and TS3 on my newer PCP now after reading all the posts and watching the clips.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited February 2015
    fun fact : the sims 4 is rated for teens while in game teen sim look like adults thats what make me think that they dont know what teens are and maybe they rated it teen cause they thought it means adult :p :p
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Fun fact in TS4 teens can woohoo, it's called "messing around" ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MushMouse88MushMouse88 Posts: 40 Member
    > @SimGuruBChick said:
    > Back On Topic.
    >
    > Fun Fact: Did you know that, on average, we make our Sims WooHoo 1 Million times every day in The Sims 4?
    >
    > Spoiler Alert: This will be important information next Friday.

With all of the free updated content in the game this month, I really hope this is linked to the idea that if Sims are WooHooing, there are babies, and that means babies MIGHT turn into toddlers...just saying ;)
    > @SimGuruBChick said:
    > Back On Topic.
    >
    > Fun Fact: Did you know that, on average, we make our Sims WooHoo 1 Million times every day in The Sims 4?
    >
    > Spoiler Alert: This will be important information next Friday.

With all of the free updated content in the game this month, I really hope this is linked to the idea that if Sims are WooHooing, there are babies, and that means babies MIGHT turn into toddlers...just saying ;)

I'll pray with ya brother.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Fun Fact : Behind a house in Willow Creek there's beautiful little pond with white ducks swimming in it.
    Fun fact there are librarians in TS4
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Really? Librarians? Never saw it. Specials NPC's should be labeled.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    Fun Fact: The original neighbourhood that was going to be shipped with The Sims 2 was called Riverside, however it was removed and replaced with Pleasantview just before release.
  • EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited February 2015
    Fun Fact.2: Rain was originally in the base game of The Sims 2 but there was a glitch of it going through roofs so it was taken out and worked on in time for Seasons.

You can see it in this gameplay of the original Sims 2 - I've never seen it before now either!
    youtu.be/5GJfO1DHT14?t=6m19s