Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 1, 2, or 3?

KattycakeKattycake Posts: 274 Member
I'm kind of getting tired of The Sims 4.

Which is the best game to play VANILLA? Meaning, I may only install a few mods if any.
I have a pretty good PC So I don't mind any type of "waiting" in terms of loading.

So what should I start up again? =D
dsxTOuZ.jpg

Comments

• RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    If you want to play without mods, play TS2. But I would play TS3 if I were you especially considering you have a fast machine. But Overwatch and ErrorTrap are a must for TS3.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • Rayeee18Rayeee18 Posts: 333 Member
    TS2 !
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    The Sims 2. :heart:
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
  • ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    I still love TS2, it's so much fun... So I'd go with that. :p
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Vanilla? I'd probably say 3, because I liked exploring the open world and collecting stuffs. Gardening too. Plus, they patched in loads of things to the base game like swimming in the ocean.
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Go with TS2, but you do need to look up the corruption issues and download a few mods to prevent your game from being corrupt/ I recommend looking at This thread for a list of essential mods for TS2. Very few of them modify gameplay, and those that do are typically fixing obvious bugs.
  • LunqsLunqs Posts: 166 Member
    TS2! :kissing:
    Contract?
    tumblr_m5b80x2g8w1rum37jo1_500.gif

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    TS3.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Depending on your preferences, TS2 or TS3 (playing several houses in a neighborhood vs. open world and story progression) Personally I prefer TS2.

TS1 is also nice, but it's more of a novelty now. Maintaining friends there is incredibly bothersome IMO.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • KattycakeKattycake Posts: 274 Member
    I've got an overwhelming amount of TS2 responses so I think I'll go with that!

Andygal wrote: »
    Go with TS2, but you do need to look up the corruption issues and download a few mods to prevent your game from being corrupt/ I recommend looking at This thread for a list of essential mods for TS2. Very few of them modify gameplay, and those that do are typically fixing obvious bugs.

And I'm checking that thread out as we speak for necessary mods =)
    Thank you!
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • KattycakeKattycake Posts: 274 Member
    Now I have to remake Summer Holiday for TS2 :(
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    Sims 2. All the way. Runs great on even relatively okay computers, no headache over glitches or lag, so much content and so much life to the Sims themselves. Not like TS4's bare bones-edness, not like TS3's glitchiness/roboticism (assuming that's a word.) Just put in this default skin from MTS (just because that's my favorite) and maybe these default eyes and you've already got yourself some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 good looking Sims. A few hairs wouldn't hurt and some mods to fix certain annoying things like how Sims always crowd to pick up babies even when there's no reason to and maybe trips/quads etc and you're golden. Still probably the best game in the series to date.
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    sims 2