Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    Hi, I've been busy and not caught up on the thread, but is the Sale page missing for anyone else? I can't get to it from the main page, and I got a weird error for it when my usual tabs loaded.

Edit: oh, the DD page too! An internal server error.

Edit 2: the MMAO seems to be broken too. It just churns and churns and never creates an offer.
    Umm, all three pages are working fine for me ...

I assume you have done the usual; log out. close all the browser windows and go back in?
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    Thank to @SemaviLady for the gift. Wish I could figure out why my store items aren't showing up in the game now. I know this isn't just on my end I've seen a lot of threads where others have same issues. Even brand new game and folder and it won't show.
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2015
    Edited because I found it.
  • LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    No what I"m mentioning about the folders......I had a borked game. So I was advicsed to go to documents/Electronic Arts/ Sims 3 and rename that and generate a new folder with new game. Right now I have like 15 old folders, but there are families and houses that I want to retrieve from the old folders and put into the new folder, so I have no idea what of those old folders I can delete right this very minute though.

If you post your questions in the Technical Discussions area, you'll probably get a lot of great help. There are a lot of super knowledgeable people who chime in on those questions.
  • HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    Hi again! Is it possible that the error 12 will stop if I copy my family and start a new neighbourhood? I have played for about 5-6 generations in this one, so it might be a bit full… It is so annoying, it is totally ruining the joy of the game :(
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    HopeAK wrote: »
    Hi again! Is it possible that the error 12 will stop if I copy my family and start a new neighbourhood? I have played for about 5-6 generations in this one, so it might be a bit full… It is so annoying, it is totally ruining the joy of the game :(

It might help. I found that I needed to move my sims around about once every 2 generations or so. Overwatch & Errortrap helped more, as did always using Save As. Make sure you make plenty of back-up saves before moving the family.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Anyone else having difficulty with the store? I can't get the MMAO page to load correctly. Takes forever for the deals to come up.
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @Elf67 - Just checked and DD page comes up almost instantly but my MyPage is taking awhile. I'm using FireFox :)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Uhm, this is random but does anyone know anything at all about humble bundle? I'm trying to make a decision but I have a few questions since I've never messed around with it. If anyone would like to help with my noobiness, please message me. :D
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • ireneruthyablonireneruthyablon Posts: 555 Member
    I have read on several posts that this is the last rotation of daily deals but I haven't seen any notice concerning this matter on the website. Is this definite or is it just a rumor? :'(:s
  • Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    I have read on several posts that this is the last rotation of daily deals but I haven't seen any notice concerning this matter on the website. Is this definite or is it just a rumor? :'(:s

This was posted shortly after this list was uploaded.
    Hey Simmers! The new Daily Deal list is up! Unless there are issues, this will be the final list.

We don't know how often it will repeat though
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

edited February 2015
    Hi, welcome.

We were told, back last September I think, by @SimGuruTaterTot that this is the last ever Daily Deal list and that it would repeat, we're now on the first repeat run of the list, but she did not say how many times it would repeat so we don't know how long it will last. Could be for several more years until they eventually close down the TS3 store ...

Here's her post:
    Hey Simmers! The new Daily Deal list is up! Unless there are issues, this will be the final list.

Which is about as official as EA tends to get with regard to Store activity.

Doh! Ninja'd :D
  • JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Not sure if this was mentioned before but there's a Sims sale on Origin. :D now to decide which Expansions/Stuff packs I want. Hmmm..
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • ireneruthyablonireneruthyablon Posts: 555 Member
    Thank you very much, ajaxpost and Sweet 2, for such quick replies. This skcus (backwards)! :s Not knowing when the store will close can definitely lead a few of us to have paranoid thoughts that we could be sleeping, working, etc. when that set we have been waiting for will finally show up as a daily deal. At least now I know that I cannot expect to see any lower prices in the future.

Lately I have been waiting for the prices in the store to go down before buying new toys for my game. :o No more.

Thank you very much, ajaxpost and Sweet 2, for such quick replies. This skcus (backwards)! :s Not knowing when the store will close can definitely lead a few of us to have paranoid thoughts that we could be sleeping, working, etc. when that set we have been waiting for will finally show up as a daily deal. At least now I know that I cannot expect to see any lower prices in the future.

Lately I have been waiting for the prices in the store to go down before buying new toys for my game. :o No more.
    You're most welcome.

To be honest I really do not expect the TS3 Store to close anytime soon; there are a lot of new Simmers coming to the Store and we know that there are still some EA staff looking after it such as @SimGuruBChick, if only part-time.

So, please don't 'panic buy', take your time to work out what Store content you really want, have a look through @LadybugLeslie‌'s awesome DD & Cascade thread - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/809797/cascades-daily-deals-getting-the-best-bang-for-your-sp/p1 to help work out how to make the most of the weekly sales and the deals on this DD list.

I'd love for there to be another CyberMonday type sale but I doubt that will ever happen so it's a case of making the most of the Sales, the DD, even MMAO, and working on those CYS discounts to get your favourite content at the best possible price.
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited February 2015
    Thanks @SimGuruBChick for confirming that. Another question, any idea if some of the current sets that aren't CYS enabled will become CYS enabled and if so, when?

Also, any idea when the ads will be returning??
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    Right now I have like 15 old folders, but there are families and houses that I want to retrieve from the old folders and put into the new folder, so I have no idea what of those old folders I can delete right this very minute though.
    It's fun going through old saved games. I have old files on other computers. I just copy the saved games to my current computer and as long as I have the world installed, it's such fun to look at the memorable sims I made so many years ago.

I wish I could help you set up Error Trap and Master Controller. The most common problem I find when mentoring people to use these mods, is that when they sand a screenshot of their folder, the icon for the NRAAS mods shows a stack of books for an icon. That always means that they have not properly decompressed the files. And zipped or compressed files in a folder intended to handle PACKAGE files will crash the game to desktop.

So enable your file extensions in windows. And then decompress the files outside of the game folders. Then just drop the package files into the Mods/Packages folder. Then delete the cache files and you will be in business.

So many gamers use NRAAS mods and if other mods in the game are updated to the current patches, most often they will work with the NRAAS mods since many simmers who make OTHER mods, also use NRAAS.

Good luck with your game!
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    @SimGuruBChick‌ Thank you for the update really takes a load off my mind and makes me calm a titch about working toward the sets I do not have
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited February 2015
    CYS CYS CYS AND SIMPOINTS SIMPOINTS SIMPOINTS please! LOL! :p Sorry had to chants!

Okay here the name....it's long tho! Auroa Belle Claudette D. (Can't give out last name) LOL! But short name for her will be ABCD! LOL! Cute and it's will give the boys to knows their ABC's unless my daughter play Michael Jackson Song. LOL! <3 that name anyway.
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    I am clocking out from the spreadsheet for the weekend (old term, I know, but still fun to use). Going to bed early tonight and have very full days Sat and Sun! :)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• p-para-Xylenep-para-Xylene Posts: 230 Member
    Wow, word from the powers that be. Great to have confirmation on the store staying open for a while yet from @SimGuruBChick‌.
    I'm so close now to owning the store - Monday Feb. 9 is Boardwalk day. Then need few clean up items and victory will be mine!
    I join others on the Ads Ads Ads chant, as long as store is open someday my points will come.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one ready to pick up Boardwalk.
    Wish list free since 2015-02-23
  • notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    Hi All Trying to play catch up but i'm many pages behind.

I saw comments on operating system my current laptop runs windows 8.1 its a touchscreen and i dont hate it. i used to be an error 14 all the time on my really big files but it went down significantly with this machine which has a better hardrive and RAM as wel l s installing overwatch. i'm very mod lite only have that and the custom lot size mods. It was extremely smooth till i installed pets which seems to be a pain.

Sending congrats to @jennaisghost and @Pugslover4‌ Happy @Pixieydust‌ is on the mend and sorry to hear @SemaviLady‌ is not doing well.

Now to look a little harder on memory delete because i've had that issue before on legacies and i need to go back and find out what that is about.
    1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    Removing Memories with Master Controller. Here's a link to a discussion at Carl's, I will paste the content here, since some browsers don't seem to render the link very well. (there are several useful comments following this one)
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,9185.msg196587.html#msg196587

• by author=grimsoul
    • You can stop memories with Master Controller. Open Master Controller and click settings and it should be the first option. Allow Memory Creation, Set it to False.
    • To get rid of any memories already made go under Intermediate and click on Remove Memories and select which memories to remove.

also see a message that follows that one
    • by author=Branr
    • To remove all town memories: click the town hall, select Master Controller. Select sim > intermediate > Remove memories, then select all sims; I do this by selecting the Homeworld option, then the "All" selection from the list. This works, I did it earlier today.

If posting the reference link in this manner is inappropriate, I will edit this on request.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • muminek85muminek85 Posts: 175 Member
    Hello everybody!
    I see Romanza is coming up in about an hour. I woke up at 3am during the first run through of the list to get it without knowing what price it would be. Good memories. ;) I wanted that decorative chocolate fountain, and had some cys on the set. It would have been a bummer if it was a low discount, but hey 71% off.

@Pugslover4 Glad to hear you will get some variety with the grandkids. Four are such a blessing. (*)

@SemaviLady I love your banana. :D It is not just the pom pom smiley that is awesome.
    :no_mouth:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top