Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrate The Sims!

Comments

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Did you know that in TS1 Drew Carey would show up at your party?

Drew Carey did a number of parodies of The Sims

Did you know that in TS1 (House Party or later) a mime would always show up at bad parties, characters with weird hair would show up at average parties, and Drew Carey would show up only if all the Sims at the party were having a good time?
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Fun fact:

In the first Sims game you could catch a cold from your guinea pig.
  • musicislife416musicislife416 Posts: 159 Member
    Fun fact: I've been playing the sims for more than half of my life. Started at 10, now i'm 21...
    tumblr_ngzxfipZLO1u3tigco1_500.gif

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    @Scobre‌ I have to admit that Smosh video made me ROFL.
    Yay my goal of making someone laugh is complete for the day. I was trying to lighten the thread a bit with humor. I was so nervous posting it and had to put the disclaimer on it just in case for younger Simmers. It's just so funny how honest it is and I loved how all the Sims games were included in the video. But I admit someone else has posted the video in forums before I did.

Fun fact: Sims 2 Pets had Hilary Duff and her dog.

1011sims1.jpg

I remember the ugly Hilary Duff sim the Sims team uploaded as a promotional thing. If you take off her face makeup, her actual facial structure resembles that of a dried up witch. :\
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • traedarknesstraedarkness Posts: 16 New Member
    > @EmberDahl said:
    > Funfact: There will be no toddlers in the new Sims 4 update... but there will be waddlers.
    > Now after the update you can place the once previously cosmetic toilet roll on the far side of the bathroom, and your sims will reluctantly shuffle towards it with their pants 'round their ankles in an amusing waddling manner in order to finish their 'business'.

lol awesome I actually like this silly feature (:
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I'm sorry I missed sims 1, I was a poor uni student with no computer! I loved how in sims 2, the sims would communicate their feeling about an interaction. Me do you really want me to flirt with her? Really? Really ?
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Fun Fact: Sims 3 had worlds; Sims 4 is a big world and EPs/gamepacks add destinations with neighborhoods to the existing neighborhoods from the basegame, which makes the game even more realistic and cuts out having to build the same old buildings and adding them all the time when new content comes. Definitely a step in the right direction. :)
  • SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    @Loreleylee what creeped me out more about the pic you posted was a plumbob in the window with no sim LOL >:)
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Happy Birthday to The Sims
    It's Time to Celebrate THE SIMS 15 Years of Greatness!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_cS39FeKCA

15 Years of Trailers!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCJfst8H4b0

Man 15 years of my life in a hour long trailer! :p
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Possible fun fact: I may be mistaken, but I seem to remember that in Sims 2 if you played an instrument or radio in the same room as a baby, when they aged up they had a little boost to their creativity skill? Or maybe it was the original Sims? I hope I'm not just making this up! :joy:
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Fun fact: The Sims Livin' Large was the first EP to introduce additional careers. The Sims 2 Open for business, Sims could craft toys for children and toddlers, run your own business from home or a community lot, have robots called Servos, and have elevators. The Sims 3 Ambitions included five careers that you could actually interact with your Sims at work and drive around in vehicles related to those jobs. The Sims 4 Get to Work will be the first EP in nine years not to include extended content for the toddler life stage and the life stage itself.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    love the Sims games I have The Sims on play station 2 2002 and now I all OF Sims 3 and have Sims 4 but I did not get Sims 2 EA. I wish they bring it back out so I buy it
  • sgjosgjo Posts: 110 Member
    Sims 2 - 2 teens sitting next to each other on swings "just chillin'" will talk to each other.
  • JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Fun Fact: My poor hubby got his dinner late many nights because I couldn't drag myself away from my Sims. Ok so he doesn't think it was all that fun but I sure enjoyed myself. :p
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Fun Fact: SimGuruBChick is having a party thread for the Sims Celebration here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/813429/wanna-party-like-its-2000-come-join-the-fun/p1
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    Hey ya'll, someone posted this on facebook, music from the sims 1. Fun fact: the sims 1 music is AWESOME!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtf7pocKg-E
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    All the Sims games on sale for the anniversary until the 13th at Origin. All Sims 3 and Medieval on sale for 9.99. Good time to get them if you are missing any Sims 3 stuff.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• sgjosgjo Posts: 110 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    All the Sims games on sale for the anniversary until the 13th at Origin. All Sims 3 and Medieval on sale for 9.99. Good time to get them if you are missing any Sims 3 stuff.

Yeppers!
    I got Medieval and it's expansion as a bundle for $9.99, today. Made me very happy! :)
    I know - it's a very good deal if you hadn't been able to get it before. I figured I should mention the sale seeing I saw it was going on last night.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    I wish it were so in Spain (not that I want anything more for TS3 I have everything I like) but here they are all at 19/20 € aprox 23 US$
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • jasminemandyjasminemandy Posts: 26 Member
    :)
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Ah, Medieval, I loved that game <3

The pit monster made me smile every time.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
    I did think about getting that one too but with my hubby still healing from a broken hip and still out of work I opted to just get the gp for Sims 4 and then after we paid our bills for the month was able to get the delux addition stuff for Sims 4. So maybe next time there is a medieval sale. I have everything there is for Sims 3 and Sims 2 - so figured I needed to catch the present game up to date.

In dreams - I LIVE!