Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 sims don't have a tongue.. not sure if anyone noticed

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    It's not like the previous games had tongues that were overly visible either.

Screenshot-22.jpg

They only appear when the Sim does a specific action, just like Sims 4.

They aren't always there.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited February 2015

Screenshot-22.jpg

They were definitely visible, though, and pretty noticeable at times. As far as I can tell they're always there. Do sims ever stick their tongues out in TS4? I hadn't noticed. It's been a while since I've played, though, but I never actually saw them make any expression similar to the one in my pic.

Screenshot-64.jpg

Screenshot-119.jpg

Screenshot-111.jpg

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    lol I did not notice, and there goes my imagination of Passionate kissing...
    gif-dean-tongue.gif

Maybe the tongue is something even more amazing and magical.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    edited February 2015
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Senbre wrote: »
    Today I was trying to make a pose use software that my sims would stick her tongue out
    Then I took a long time but couldn't found the joint of the tongue
    so I just simply open her mouth, found there is no tongue.. LfztDOu.jpg?1

test10.jpg
    Posted by this user: http://www.sims4studio.com/user/250

It seems I can't pull up the initial thread for what ever reason. She too was having issues getting the tongue to show up in the actual game. I remember her getting a reply (I think) but I can't remember what it was about.

If you need help I suggest going here to post: http://www.sims4studio.com/board/8/creator-help

OrangeMittens is very friendly/helpful and I find quick to reply.

Doesn't this prove sims do have tongues?

Sims 4 don't have tongue. It's not a tongue here, is just a fake tongue with full pink color in it. Nothing else.

I've already say that in the Simguru chat, the fact that in Sims 4 : no animated tongues. Contrary to Sims 3.

Now in the game, we can see this fake tongue, but the tongue isn't animated at all. We can't use them for pose or whatever yet. (no bones)
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Screenshot-260-1.jpg

Aww, so there will be no tongue piercings this time around.
  • Options
    ebomb23ebomb23 Posts: 242 Member
    I found that Dina Caliente has a tongue
    RAYIQAB.png
    UhDsviD.png
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    :p Yes, I noticed this back near the beginning of the franchise. I thought that was the reason they spoke Simlish and you couldn't understand what the heck they were saying! :p:p:p:p:p:p
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2015
    ebomb23 wrote: »
    RAYIQAB.png
    I agree with others that is not necessarily a tongue. Ceci n'est pas un tongue.
    What Jessa shows is a tongue, you can stick a piercing through it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    blewis823 wrote: »
    That explains the marionette manner of talking. The mouth moves up and down like choppers.

I have no words to describe how I feel about you pointing this out. I just popped in the game real quick to do a tongue check and now that is all I can notice, lol. It looks ridiculous, I guess I never really watched them talk before? They do look like puppets. :(

• Options
    That explains the marionette manner of talking. The mouth moves up and down like choppers.

I have no words to describe how I feel about you pointing this out. I just popped in the game real quick to do a tongue check and now that is all I can notice, lol. It looks ridiculous, I guess I never really watched them talk before? They do look like puppets. :(
    lol
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

lol

lol, you laugh, but seriously... have you ever really watched them talk? Haha. That jaw is just a bouncin' up and down like that on a ventriloquist's dummy.

• Options
    ebomb23 wrote: »
    RAYIQAB.png
    I agree with others that is not necessarily a tongue. Ceci n'est pas un tongue.
    What Jessa shows is a tongue, you can stick a piercing through it.

That's what I'm seeing too. It's basically the way the inside of the mouth is "painted." An illusion, but not an actual tongue. Nothing that's animated, nothing that they can stick out during expressions or poses.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Neither they had tongues in TS2

zb1nGyl.jpg
    UHkcDeW.jpg

It seens Maxis don't really care for tongues lol TS3 it the only TS game that has tongues.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    ebomb23ebomb23 Posts: 242 Member
    In ts3 it sometimes bothered me that vampire tongues always looked so long when they licked their lips.
    Now in ts4 I find myself constantly looking for tongues on my sims lol.
    UhDsviD.png
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Can you stretch their tongues like in TS3?
  • Options
    LunqsLunqs Posts: 166 Member
    Well you can always just photoshop some tongues on your pics? :stuck_out_tongue:
    Contract?
    tumblr_m5b80x2g8w1rum37jo1_500.gif

• Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    That's why they speak Simlish ... because they don't have tongues.

And to the people saying that they don't have tongues to keep EA's secrets; I believe the correct term is 'Avox'.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    edited February 2015

lol

lol, you laugh, but seriously... have you ever really watched them talk? Haha. That jaw is just a bouncin' up and down like that on a ventriloquist's dummy.
    I'm going to pop in the game myself this time to do a ventriloquist's dummy check, I have to see this lol
    (I must admit I'm not a huge fan of some Sims 3 mouth movements as well I must confess btw ;))
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited February 2015

lol

I noticed it when EA was promoting the game and hoped that would change but seem to stay in the game. I got so many disagrees when I pointed it out on MTS. Oh well, it may not bother others but I don't want to see them talk, it looks like someone had a spasm while controlling the mouth of the ventriloquist's dummy. Annoying!

Sim 3 had the interactions to poke out the tongue while snowing, also there were lots of different other tongue actions in the game. Since I don't like looking while the Sims 4 sims are talking, I might be missing tongue actions there.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    I never really noticed
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

• Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    sadly, i'm beginning to suspect that they're not anatomically correct in other places, too.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    sadly, i'm beginning to suspect that they're not anatomically correct in other places, too.
    And you just won the internet.
    This should settle the issue and put things in perspective... but it won't, of course.

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Screenshot-22.jpg

They were definitely visible, though, and pretty noticeable at times. As far as I can tell they're always there. Do sims ever stick their tongues out in TS4? I hadn't noticed. It's been a while since I've played, though, but I never actually saw them make any expression similar to the one in my pic.

Screenshot-64.jpg

Screenshot-119.jpg

Screenshot-111.jpg

And they are visible like that when a Sim is doing normal things in 4 as well, as we've seen:

eating_chips.jpg

It's just the sims then have a full scale tongue when they poke it out etc in 3, but they aren't always clearly obvious (like 4).
    When they add more piercing to 4, they will probably make them more noticeable.

In 3, they weren't very prominent in the earlier packs :p
    It's weird talking about Tongues though. Like not gross, but just, strange.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited February 2015
    Now if we could only turn some of our wonderful regular posters into sims of the forums.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

lol

tumblr_mkw3qrpNtt1qjbphyo1_500.gif

...Sorry, I had to. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[img][/img]

[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

And they are visible like that when a Sim is doing normal things in 4 as well, as we've seen:

[img]It's just the sims then have a full scale tongue when they poke it out etc in 3, but they aren't always clearly obvious (like 4). When they add more piercing to 4, they will probably make them more noticeable. In 3, they weren't very prominent in the earlier packs :p It's weird talking about Tongues though. Like not gross, but just, strange.[/img]

Well, hasn't the "make silly face" interaction been around since TS3's base game? It's pretty prominent during that interaction.

fran0049.jpg

You can see them often in TS3. You see them when they make certain faces, you see them when they talk. That's what I mean. It seems that TS4's sims don't have tongues like TS3's did. As has been mentioned the "tongue" in the TS4 pic is likely just drawn on, but not an actual tongue that can move and animate. (Unless someone has figured out otherwise.)
    IHJCfa6.jpg