Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims-a Visual History!

Comments

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Aww I miss the cuddling the most in ts4-its those touches that mean a great deal in the sims <3
    Thank you @fullspiral and @JaciJade‌

@JaciJade you make me laugh-that is not something I would even think of doing but it sounds fun! ;)
  • blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    Aww I miss the cuddling the most in ts4-its those touches that mean a great deal in the sims <3
    Yes me too. I would love to know the reasoning why they elected to leave that out of TS4. They just lay there like friends instead of a married couple. Where is the spooning? So disappointed. They need to patch that back in lol I had a lot of fun going back through the memories of this franchise. No matter how disappointed I am with the direction of TS4 is I will always love this franchise. The good and the bad :D
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
    No game has been perfect :) We love it anyway-even being disappointed doesnt preclude us from the love and hope for even better in the future <3
  • esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Love the comparison shots! So well done, you guys.

I wish I still had screen shots from 2 but that computer is long dead and my saves along with it. Alas.

My favorite sim to play in Sims 3 was an achitect, married to a stylist. Between the two of them they ran that town, lol. I loved meeting new sims, getting to know them and then giving them a total makeover based on their personalities - home, and fashion! The two of them made a great team. They owned a community lot with an architecture office upstairs and a spa/clothing store downstairs. Things got a little crazy when the husband got abducted by aliens, but they adjusted. Here's some of my favourite shots of them:

The wedding!
    UlphfDz.jpg
    QCpSRNA.jpg
    A new family member.. from SPAAAAACE!
    5qUoTG3.jpg
    She wanted to have a baby but as it turns out her husband beat her to it. "What are ya gonna do, life is crazy."
    hBmecHo.jpg
    Here's the living room he designed for his sister.
    QGbIhSA.jpg

I've been playing S4 lately, and of course my self sim was a super successful novelist inside of a week, while irl I am plodding away trying to get published for the first time! She writes several books a day, though. I can't keep up with that kind of genius. :p I'm having fun having her raise a family. She ended up having twins, so I made them total opposites. The girl is very serious and nerdy, while the brother is a goofy outdoors-man.
    Moar pics!

The wedding... S4 style.
    k4TOaB1.png
    The nursery.
    Af3WPYv.png
    Dinner with the neighbours
    rX8xvfK.png
    She's super stoked to be surrounded by her kids, clearly.
    IUnEEqG.png
    Reading to little Kaylee - love those mismatched socks!
    GTWMJPO.png
    The kids playing together.
    ej3wOUq.png
    Sam meets the future love of his life, Lyndsay, on the play ground and immediately starts to tease her.
    NB2kiia.png
    Dad has poker night with the boys...
    x3zNEfX.png
    While mum and her friends gossip about the neighbours.
    SntmHEP.png
    Sam and Lyndsay as teens... he came right out and admitted his crush. Brave lad.
    Tx4MJ1F.png

Anyways, pardon the picture dump. Not sure if that is the sort of thing you wanted in this thread... but it's what you got! No backsies! *Runs away*
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    What a great thread! Thanks for inviting me in. Fabulous work on the house @PsychYourMind08, @06Bon06‌, @sparkfairy1‌ and @blaznfalcn‌. I guess I like the tS4 one best, but they´re all fabulous and you´ve done a great job.

@esharpmajor: You´re pictures are stunning! Love seeing family play pictures from the Sims 4.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    @esharpmajor‌ it's perfect lovely, thank you for sharing <3
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    This thread is amazebaws<3

Great work, guise. YOU KILLED IT

mlfw3493-135440_-_animated_pinkie_pie_please_puppy_dog_eyes.gif
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited February 2015
    I've been playing since TS1 was released. Here are some of my favorites:

I had the 'Dead Repairman" bug in the original game; it was fixed when "Livin' Large" was released. Originally there was only one neighborhood and that one neighborhood had only one repairman and if that one repairman died while on your lot....

dead_repairman_1.jpg

Well, let's just say he was *VERY* dedicated to his job!

[img][/img]dead_repairman_2.jpg

[img][/img]dead_repairman_3.jpg

In above picture, he is actually repairing the sink upstairs - in TS1, ghosts couldn't climb to the second floor.

[img][/img]dead_repairman_4.jpg

This picture was taken at the Goth estate, of course. That is Mortimer walking by as if it was perfectly normal to have a ghostly repairman fix your dishwasher!

Unfortunately, those are the only photos I've kept from the original game.

I did keep the portraits of my first Legacy family from TS2, though:

[img][/img]snapshot_54ed7d7c_35191cc9.jpg
    Anne Kelly, the Founder (as an Elder)

[img][/img]snapshot_54ed7d7c_f50bba4e.jpg
    Anne's son, Barnabas

[img][/img]snapshot_54ed7d7c_755c786b.jpg
    Barnabas's daughter, Cordelia

[img][/img]snapshot_54ed7d7c_7588e9fc.jpg
    And, Cordelia's daughter, Drusilla - I think she has a touch of indigestion!

[img][/img]snapshot_54ed7d7c_7528d338.jpg
    This was their house; it was made by Maxis, but I added a basement and some other minor improvements.

I have too many photos from TS3 to share, but this one is a favorite:
    [img][/img]Screenshot-20-1.jpg

@Schwighsr Very nice. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us :)
    ZY6USJj.gif
    @Schweighsr those are fab! I never had that bug in TS1-how interesting! :)
  • rinarooorinarooo Posts: 50 Member
    Wow so cool to see all the changes from the beginning to now! Great job on the houses! :)
    Thank you @rinarooo :)
    ZY6USJj.gif
    Thank you @rinarooo‌ :) feel free to share your own stories :)
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Great thread ! :D It's nice to see how sims has evolved over the years. I still find the screens of Sims 2 the most endearing myself. Here's a few shots of some of my sims and lots. I only have pics of some of my sims 3 lots I recreated from Sims 2

ff_s1.jpg

20vv.jpg

brownfolkvic.jpg

Sims
    ( I have a thing for aliens )

nyah4_zps535dafc2.jpg

Screenshot-33.jpg

bax_zpsa34844b1.jpg

Rysii.jpg

p_lark_zpscd2af166.jpg
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    @Pary fabulous thank you <3
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    We are such a creative, imaginative community and this thread is a lovely way to celebrate that. Some beautiful pics <3

From these pics I would say we all love our sims games but my question to you is how much do you love your individual sims ? If you don't understand the question then please pass on. For the rest of us how involved are you in their lives, do you cry when they die and celebrate with them when they marry and the little ones come along ? How far would you go to keep those sims with you ?

Just over two years ago I was downloading some purchases to my game when I smelled burning and my laptop screen went a horrible shade of blue and then whited out. It was an old laptop and I had pushed the motherboard too far and it fried a lot of things within the laptop including my hard drive. I was absolutely gutted. Some games I had been playing for 2.5 years. More importantly I had lost friends. Some of them had been with me since TS2 and I grieved for them. The emotional investment we make in our games is not much talked about but it is very real.

Life goes on. I bought a new laptop, installed all that I had for TS3 and bought more. I made new friends and I tried to recreate my original friends and their homes. Things are never the same second time round. By early summer I had made up my mind to try and get my friends back. Everyone thought I was potty but the man in the IT shop was a gamer and he understood. I was warned it might not be a full recovery of data and so it proved.

Six weeks later I plugged my new removable hard drive into the laptop and transferred my games files into my TS3. Not all the games were there and not all the saved sims either but to my great delight my favourite sim in all the world was. We had been together for a very long time. I went searching among the games, pulling out survivors and saving them to the bin. Some games simply wouldn't open and even though I had been given back so much I sat at my desk and cried. A middle aged woman sobbing over lost pixellated pieces of programming. The biggest loss was the De Luxes who had been with me since TS2.

Anyway I thought you might like to meet a couple of the families. They are in my Studio as rescue sims.

dy9dmv.jpg

This is the Cope family. Tullisa is a master criminal and Martin is a policeman. Here they are with their daughter.

vr826a.jpg

And this is the Cope family home which they share with Martin's sister, husband and baby. The house is based on the idea of a beached paddle steamer.

And this is the Steel family, including my favourite sim in all the world. No not Christopher Steel but his wife Baby Doll :)

4jb4zt.jpg

For those who are curious I have recreated two of my missing families in TS4 but have not the heart to play them. There are some things you cannot go back to but as always I look forward to meeting new friends.

Thank you for reading:)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    What a wonderful post @Bettyboop55 <3 I will answer soon :)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Schweighsr wrote: »

I have too many photos from TS3 to share, but this one is a favorite:
    [img][/img]Screenshot-20-1.jpg

Awesome!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    What a wonderful thread! Enjoyed seeing the pictures of that house built in TS1, 2, 3, and 4.

16220903217_1784a16857_z.jpg
    15824471224_11a1a82ef3_z.jpg
    15102900427_0e540b08b8_z.jpg
    15823741286_b955e45ceb_z.jpg
    12730006195_09706b6a12_z.jpg
    11500891035_840890bc63_z.jpg
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2015
    From these pics I would say we all love our sims games but my question to you is how much do you love your individual sims ? If you don't understand the question then please pass on. For the rest of us how involved are you in their lives, do you cry when they die and celebrate with them when they marry and the little ones come along ? How far would you go to keep those sims with you ?

I completely understand what you mean by that and I've even wondered sometimes if I maybe lost my mind because of this phenomenon lol
    I remember sitting at the dinner table one evening, talking to my husband about 'the children', when my daughter looked at me, narrowing her eyes, and asked: "Just to make sure, are you talking about us or about your Sims children?"

I must add I grieved over one of my sims dying only once (I have no idea why, I love them all but this guy somehow was really special). I always move on to a next heir, so if my sims die they're old, had a good and complete life and they're not in my household anymore. My focus just changed to the next heir.

But when playing a generation my sims all are very much alive to me and have their own specific characters (developed in my own mind really, the game goes beyond just what's happening on my screen).

My favourite heir, Elijah:

Elijah_126.jpg
    11500891035_840890bc63_z.jpg

Priceless lol!

5JZ57S6.png
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I absolutely adore the Simbot walking the dog!

Don't have any pics from The Sims, and I'll need to take a few for Sims 2, but here's a very worried gnome from Sims 3:

822Worriedghost.jpg

and Katie Sparrow walking the dog:

877%20Walking%20the%20dog-1.jpg
  • brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    Awesome thread, @sparkfairy1! Seeing the different rooms from the old Sims games really brings back memories, especially Sims 1! It makes me remember how fun it was to play the original game.

Confession: My mom had to convince me to buy the Sims 1! For some reason, I didn't think I would like it (though looking back now, I can't imagine why!) :wink:

It will be fun to take a walk down memory lane and look through the rest of the thread. Happy Simming! :smile:
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
    brandi22 wrote: »
    Awesome thread, @sparkfairy1! Seeing the different rooms from the old Sims games really brings back memories, especially Sims 1! It makes me remember how fun it was to play the original game.

Confession: My mom had to convince me to buy the Sims 1! For some reason, I didn't think I would like it (though looking back now, I can't imagine why!) :wink:

It will be fun to take a walk down memory lane and look through the rest of the thread. Happy Simming! :smile:

It's defo a work in progress so keep your eyes open :)
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    Oh my, these are all gorgeous pictures. Love Bob and Betty and all of the pictures. You all are doing a great job. Love it :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top