Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited February 2015
    1001_zpsbqov9m2y.jpg

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 11
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Established

LOT: Victorian Dreams
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/slideshow/S4 11

ENTRY DETAILS:
    What is more romantic then getting married in a victorian home? The main floor contains the chapel, bride dressing room, groom dressing room, staging area and public bathrooms. On the 2nd floor is the reception hall, bar, dance floor and public bathrooms. The venue is handicap friendly with an elevator next to the stairs and public bathrooms on both floors.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I'm with Issabella--my wedding venue is almost done but I've been out of town all week. Just need an extra day!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @Issabella14‌ and @pammiechick‌ - how about we give you until Saturday 9am GMT? That long enough???
    GArBA5W.jpg
    That brings challenge 11 to a close, if you need an extension, please post here and we will allow it but only if you post advising us as such today.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    @Issabella14‌ and @pammiechick‌ - how about we give you until Saturday 9am GMT? That long enough???

Thanks that will be just great :)
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    I love the new challenge! :D I think i might do this one!
    I will post asap! Thx for the extension!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    Loving the new challenge <3 Good luck to everyone. :D
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    Since I discovered this discussion a bit late on the last challenge, I didn't attempt it... But I think I'll try this one. What should I put for 'level' for my first submission?
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    Hey just want to let you guys know that if anyone searches for the lot with #buildnshare12 like I did they won't find it because it has #buildnshare11 on it. Found it easy enough with #buildnshare though ;) Got kind of busy with my 3 yr old, school, and stuff(7 more months until I have my Bachelor's woohoo!) so I haven't had much time or motivation to build, but I may try this one out. It looks like an interesting challenge. :)
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    I do love when you guys do the Designer Challenge! This looks like a great one, I'll get started as soon as I can!
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    I think I might actually try this challenge! It'll be my first build n share so... here we go!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    I tried to post my entry, but it said it had to be approved. Has this ever happened to anyone? What gives?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @VanillaChai‌ In my first entry I put intermediate. I dont remember the correct term. Anyways, I based it on my experience with sims in general and my build skill in sims 4. Happy Simming :D
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @pammiechick Try posting just the text of your entry, and then edit it to add in the pictures.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    @BryonyRae‌ ok...I'll try that. Thx!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    @adniram00 Sounds good. Thanks for the feedback. :)
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

@VanillaChai You're very welcome B)
    It's great to see some new faces around the place. If anyone is wondering what 'level' to put themselves, you might find this useful:
    Starting Out--I have a little experience, but I'm still figuring a lot of things out. I would not call myself an official "builder" at this point.

Established--I have been building for awhile. I know the basics and maybe a little more. I enjoy building, but it is not my primary focus with the game.

Expert--I know the Sims, and the Sims knows me. My name is familiar to a lot of veteran players, and I've competed in and won some building challenges and maybe even been recognized in a community showcase or two. I know most of the cheats AND I know how to use them.

Looking forward to seeing your entries!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: starter

LOT: aulani Wedding venue
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/buildnshare11?sort=6

ENTRY DETAILS:

This is based on the real Aulani Wedding Chapel in Hawaii. Upstairs boasts teakwood finishes and hawaiian touches for a beach experience inside, chapel, fountains. Downstairs includes tables for guests, head table, live band, dance floor, elevator, restrooms, kitchen, bar, and buffet. Outside features a tiki bar, stereo, dance floor, fire pit, and two swimming pools. There's plenty of space for parking in front.

Screenshot_35.jpg
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited February 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Established

LOT: Castles in the Sand
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge 11
    VALUE: $175 001

ENTRY DETAILS:

Castles in the Sand is a Romantic Wedding Venue, filled with dreams and fairy tail stories. Seen as Lauren was not able to have her dream beach wedding, I did the next best thing and built her a Sand Castle.

CUSTOM CONTENT

FURNITURE, CLUTTER & WALL DECO:
    lemingstone wall sticker bedroom
    lemingstone coffee table
    sitting pretty B&W + Darmask lime dinning chair
    ShinoOKCRS4OfficePrinterdaybed & pillows
    shabby chic bedroom picture woman
    grand designs dining table
    undersea traditional dining table
    hydrogen living set
    rocks poster set
    needfill things car prop 1
    ladesire bread collection
    shinoKCRS4chocolate fruit bowl

LIGHTS:
    long john buttercup chandelier
    altra ceiling light
    ceiling light lemingstone
    caress sented candles
    kiniet candle light

PLANTS:
    outdoor clump of grass
    box of flowers
    box of ivy 4x1
    small wild ivy
    large pot of flowers
    small boulder
    medium boulder

RUGS & CURTAINS:
    the big lebowiski area rug
    modern sens transplant curtains
    rug nanimarquina
    leppich "gluckliche familie"
    sara new living blinds
    shabby chic bedroom blinds

WALLS:
    Ivy on brick right and left
    lemingstone wall sticker brown bedroom set
    pretty in plaster
    haussmannien
    stuccon you

FLOOR:
    glamor tuff stained concrete
    construction quality concrete
    pullers pit (ground cover)
    clover (grass cover)
    slate pavement tiles
    slate garden path stone
    high end concrete
    carpet blue1
    old wood floors
    carpet basic red

BUILD MODE
    steel & glass double door with narrow transom

142_zps7d2e97f4.jpg

***** Sorry about the delay :)
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    When you say we can change the curvature and pitch of the roof, does that mean that we can "flatten" parts of the roof? I know they need to keep the windows in the same spots, etc., but can we change how they are angled?

I'm finding it hard, also, to see the top rooms because of the main section of roof...
    @BuildnShare‌ can we change the stairs? Not the location but just the kind. Also can we change the look of the foundation?

misscbong wrote: »
    When you say we can change the curvature and pitch of the roof, does that mean that we can "flatten" parts of the roof? I know they need to keep the windows in the same spots, etc., but can we change how they are angled?

I'm finding it hard, also, to see the top rooms because of the main section of roof...

Yes, you can flatten or raise the roof sections. You can also remove the roof section that obstructs the view of the top floor for building as long as you put it back for the final exterior pics.

GArBA5W.jpg
    adniram00 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare‌ can we change the stairs? Not the location but just the kind. Also can we change the look of the foundation?

Definitely on both. You can change height of the foundation as well, just not its current "footprint."

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top