Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"The best is yet to come"

Comments

• Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    @jcp11c2 Yep it is. Im a bit anxious to find out if they have anything else in store.
  • Options
    meganalyssa94meganalyssa94 Posts: 199 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Brand new day in this week long, I wonder what we will get today! I guess it would be too much to hope for toddlers, but I will hope for that anyways.

I would say not to be too hopeful either (since I would like them too) but since it seems they have been listening to us a lot lately, there is still a chance. I was very excited when I woke up this morning to see if they are going to continue releasing things with this 'week long celebration'. Just gotta wait until about 1 pm my time lol. Since it seems they usually announce things 11 am their time.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    The gurus don't have the gnomes in their avatar anymore :(
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    The gurus don't have the gnomes in their avatar anymore :(

:'(
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    It would be nice if they'd announce that they're at least working on toddlers.

Because, ya know, we're still missing an entire life stage.
  • Options
    burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Im confused. I thought they said all week as in, you know, all week. For some reason I feel like yesterday was it but my heart doesnt want to believe it lol. I guess we will find out soon enough and just hope its toddlers. If not, I will cry silently in my little corner.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    I think the 'best that is yet to come' was.. the leaked confirmation of the next EP.
    My heart's a bit sore over that, haha, but that's not to mitigate that the next EP does look awesome, and the family tree release was great too. :)

Somehow it just felt that if toddlers were ever going to be released for free, it would have been yesterday.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Oh prehaps were getting a new world this week. That could be the best to come.

That would be amazing, I think we really need more space to build and to have more variety in what comes to community lots, they could add two new types, the cemetery and the community pool lot.

Still, I can't think about anything but toddlers, I really need that lifestage in the game and many need them also.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Im confused. I thought they said all week as in, you know, all week. For some reason I feel like yesterday was it but my heart doesnt want to believe it lol. I guess we will find out soon enough and just hope its toddlers. If not, I will cry silently in my little corner.

I hope it's toddlers :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    "The best is yet to come" suggests that we didn't get their best when they sold us the game to begin with.

The best is yet to come is about the anniversary content, not the game.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I guess we will find out soon enough and just hope its toddlers. If not, I will cry silently in my little corner.
    I hope your corner is not too little, I have a feeling a lot of us will be joining you there :'(

• Options
    So do devs still have the gnomes or have they changed them? :o
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Gnomes be gone :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Gnomes be gone :(

Oh ok then :\

I hope next month we might have toddlers then and/or an improved sim switching system :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Im upset that we didn't get toddlers :( I guess I am spoiled but I find the jump from infant to child just disturbing.

and then the jump from child to young adult ... disturbing as well :s

Acctually, I find that the most disturbing. The little cherub grows a full beard in an instant. :(
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    Charell88Charell88 Posts: 30 Member
    > @kayleigh_j_p said:
    > The base game is never the 'best' thing about the game, the expansions have always been what have made the games more full, interesting and fun.

I totally agree! I think it's a good thing that they've already given us free content (we had to pay for everything in the sims 3) and with Game Packs and Expansion Packs the Sims 4 has a lot of potential.
  • Options
    The base game is never the 'best' thing about the game, the expansions have always been what have made the games more full, interesting and fun.

Yes and no. Expansions are supose to add content to the game that you can choose to buy to make the game more fun and bigger according to what you like so in a way, yes, BUT, the base game is supose to be the full game, there are things I consider necessary to play the game and those shouldn't be added through EP's plus the base game should be fun on it's own and many players complain their gameplay style has been eliminated, family trees enchanced mine but still need toddlers.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited February 2015
    I think the "the best has yet to come" was the EP lol...other than that? the guru's have already taken down their gnome pics on twitter so I think that's about it for now :) but if anything I am looking forward to maybe here in the near future they will show a live broadcast of GTW :D
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    What this game needs is story progression.

That would help, but only if we can opt out specific households (such as ones that we play regularly); I don't want to be playing one family and go back to another to find everything in an upheaval because my Sims have been cheating on each other right and left with actual Woohoo rather than just flirting and such. Story progression that would allow Sims to advance in careers and skills would be fine, though it would probably mean the job tasks would have to be optional (which is what I would prefer); maybe they could change it to where if you did the extra tasks, you'd get an extra boost in bonus and/or raise in salary.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited February 2015
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Open World is the reason we haven't been able to have things like Hospitals etc. that are enterable.

Nonsense, they could have set it up to work just like it did when you entered a neighbors house.

Nice try..

Sims 3 University.

Again, nice try.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Hmm, I guess they forgot about Sims 3 Ambitions. The game play was there, never opened to the possibilities. I created my own interactive buildings, along with the RHs for Sims 3, EA didn't stop all of it, just never took the time to expand because we became OK with things status quo.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    yes
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Open World is the reason we haven't been able to have things like Hospitals etc. that are enterable.

Nonsense, they could have set it up to work just like it did when you entered a neighbors house.

Nice try..

Sims 3 University.

Again, nice try.

Sims University only had one building where you could enter and you didn't do any school stuff there, you basically would go there to have a class and that's it, buildings here are fully opened, you can work in your career to the fullest with tons of things to do, University was not the same as this. Sorry, but I think you are wrong.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    So thats the big surprise the "best" yet to come was "hey guys look what you can buy." Don't get me wrong I don't really care and maybe its just me but thats just a little weird to me.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Well so much for new info today maybe tomorrow.