Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims-a Visual History!

Comments

• minnie64minnie64 Posts: 424 Member
    This was an amazing idea! Thanks so much for sharing your hard work with us. I've been strolling down memory lane as well this week when I began recreating the Goth's House from Sims 1. I love, LOVE recreating all my favorite lots from the first two games. Some of my favorites are 5 Sim Lane, 6 Sim Lane, 57 Ingelside Drive, the Mashuga House, 1 Sim Lane, and the countless vacation lots! It would be easier with a color wheel and more finish options to create them exactly, but I make do.

Does anyone else have a favorite lot over the Sims history that they favor?
  • LPentLPent Posts: 147 Member
    Wow, great work guys and gals. I recently tried to recreate the Goth house from 3 in 4 only to bump into the 3 story limit. I'll see if I can make a screenshot today and post it. Personally the visuals/atmosphere is a tie between 2 and 3 to me (as with most things). 2 always gives me a sense of my younger days (sort of 70's or 80's feel) and 3 often gives me a gloomy/melancholic mood (which I love). Love to see more, keep it up!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    This is a great topic! If you need sims to be created in 3 I'd like to volunteer :)
    The comparisons are really nice to see. With the tents (Wilderwoolf) Sims 1 doesn't do so bad!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @astridentanja we'd love some help-this is a huge job and sharing it between simmers will be really helpful :)

If anyone wants to volunteer please mention it and everyone please share the thread around your friends too-we want this thread to be inclusive and to shine a light on the love of the sims <3

Let me tell you about building in The Sims 3. This was a huge challenge for me-I've never been a builder but I was determined to give it my best shot! :)
    I had Bons ts2 photos on my iPad and worked from those-trying to figure out sizing and design by counting where floor tiles would be in my mind! We all know build/ buy mode by now so it was easier than I'd thought!

I built the foundation first. I really struggled making the diagonal foundations! I then started adding the walls on the bottom floor, dividing into the rooms made it easier.

Then I realised I'd made a huge mistake! I'd built the whole thing backwards with the back of the house facing the street. Oops! But then I had an idea. Continue building, come out and save the lot then bulldoze and place it again, moving the house round! Saved my project <3

I carried on building. Once the foundation and bottom floor was done it was easier-I placed the windows and doors really easily. I couldn't find a outside texture that looked Tudor like the first two so I used cast to make it look like the others-so much easier having that option! :)

I really enjoy decorating sims houses. I was a big fan of professions in ts3-especially the interior designer career so this part was easy for me :) I love the textures and freedom ts3 allows-it's almost limitless the looks and creativity that offers and as someone who is very creative in my real life hobbies I really appreciate it :)

I've never taken photos until recently in ts3-how I love it now I know how! It's given me a new appreciation of my sims getting on their level with tab and seeing the expressions on their faces <3

I really love the pool is ts4. The water looks great and I just had to share a diving photo because I thought it was fab!

And ofc as it was me I had to share a family with a toddler as my sims ;)

I hope you enjoyed the story :) we will continue to share our experiences and stories throughout the thread as you share yours :smiley:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I've had rather a few frustrations building in 3, regretting placing kitchens in the rooms with a view and living rooms facing the street ;) That's why I love the possibility in 4 to move entire rooms. Turning the house was a great idea!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    This is very cool. The sims is literally my childhood, and my transition into having to be a "responsible" young adult xD I'd have a rubbish day and come home and play the sims and everything would feel better <3

Thank you for reminding me of this ;)
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    Thank you for making this lovely thread for us to enjoy :)
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    @PsychYourMind08‌ @06Bon06‌ @blaznfalcn @sparkfairy1‌ You guys are just great!! This thread was a fantastic idea and thank you so so much for putting this together!!! What a great way to celebrate 15 years of SIMS :):):)<3<3<3
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    @PsychYourMind08‌ @06Bon06‌ @blaznfalcn @sparkfairy1‌ You guys are just great!! This thread was a fantastic idea and thank you so so much for putting this together!!! What a great way to celebrate 15 years of SIMS :):):)<3<3<3

Aww thank you <3 Glad you are enjoying it ^^
  • blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    @SophieDiddle @thesimsfairy47 @jaxie086 You are very much welcome and thank you all for showing us that our hard work is much appreciated. :) It was a lot of fun to put this together for you all.
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
    jaxie086 wrote: »

Everyone thanks for the support, it's much appreciated :)

Thank you, so glad you love it @jaxie086‌ <3

I'm thinking of trying to install ts1 later to celebrate-wish me luck! :)

@astridentanja‌ thank you-am I glad I didn't bulldoze before I thought of it ;) ts4 would make it much easier yes! ;)
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Great job! I love seeing how the visuals of the game changed over the years.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    It's Time to Celebrate THE SIMS 15 Years of Greatness! Happy Birthday to The Sims!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_cS39FeKCA

15 Years of Trailers!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCJfst8H4b0

Man 15 years of my life in a hour long trailer! :p
  • SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    Omg what a big big big change!
    Thank you for your support everyone :) Please feel free to share your stories with us-there is nothing we love more than hearing each others sims journey! ;)
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    With the agreement of the OPs, I am moving this over into Memory Lane.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Awww. @simguruBChick I thought it should stay in general for the 15 year celebration! It just shows how far the sims has come over the years. (and imo, sims4 looked the best in EVERY picture!)
  • blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    @fullspiral you made me smile :D
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
    Thank you @SimGuruBChick :smiley:

@fullspiral do you have any photos or stories to share? We would love to hear/see them! :wink:
  • BrandiLynn22BrandiLynn22 Posts: 42 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    It's Time to Celebrate THE SIMS 15 Years of Greatness! Happy Birthday to The Sims!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_cS39FeKCA

15 Years of Trailers!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCJfst8H4b0

Man 15 years of my life in a hour long trailer! :p

I watched this whole video and I am not ashamed nor do I regret it.

ALL ABOARD THE FEELS TRAIN.

I'm 20 years old and I've been playing the Sims for more than half of my life...

No matter what road this franchise goes down, I'm so lucky to have taken the ride.

THANK YOU
    nrfGEIZIkw7Zu.gif

• InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Great topic sparkfairy1 Lots of lovely pics :) I have Sims 2 and 3 on my computer and would love to show the comparison between the animals :)
    Great topic sparkfairy1 Lots of lovely pics :) I have Sims 2 and 3 on my computer and would love to show the comparison between the animals :)

Thank you @Invaderchickycat it was very much a co operative thread between us four! They just elected me as OP :wink:

We would love to see them lovely! Thank you <3
  • JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    I only have one story and no pics due to computer failure so here goes. It's about Sims 4.

I have one couple I got attached to in S4. They started out as my test subjects. I created them both with odd shapes and lets just say it looked like someone beat them both with an ugly stick. So I got them a quick house on the gallery and they set up a home. Both were given the family trait. Not knowing what to expect I kind of let them do their own thing for awhile. They immediately fell in love and their romance bar maxed out. So of course I get the bright idea they should become parents. See I was curious to see how ugly their offspring would be. I know it sounds sick but hey I'm doing a not so scientific test here.

First they had a son who I let age up naturally into a child. Ugh, this poor child...oh no what have I done. He is so ugly I'm worried he will have no friends. Well time passes and I let them have another baby only this time it turns out to be twin girls. Once they age up one has red hair like dad and the other is blonde like mom. The blonde turned out kind of cute but the red head looks a bit like Walter Matthau in his later years. So now it's a good thing I don't play them anymore because I would surely have a problem marrying them off, and let's just say they probably don't need to reproduce if you get my meaning. So the moral to this story is don't be a sicko like me and expect good results and if you do try this yourself then be prepared to love them regardless. Yep, that's how I played Sims 4. :D
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    blaznfalcn wrote: »
    @fullspiral you made me smile :D

You guys made me smile with the memories.

Thank you @SimGuruBChick :smiley:

@fullspiral do you have any photos or stories to share? We would love to hear/see them! :wink:

snapshot_219a1f25_c19a21cc_zps20afd0f1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top