Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrate The Sims!

Comments

• faithersfaithers Posts: 18 Member
    Fun fact: I have easily spent more than 20,000 hours playing The Sims since the first one came out! I love all things Sims :-)
  • BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    On the third of February 2015 (GMT) it was announced family trees were returning to the latest iteration of the game "The Sims 4" in a free content patch.

Thank you for giving me something to truly celebrate.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited February 2015
    Yay The Sims! <3

In Sims 2 there were TWO moons in the night sky.

The giant rock formation in Strangetown was depicting the head of Will Wright.

Olive Specter's household graveyard was full of many dead Sims, including several husbands. Also buried there was a neighbor, the Grunt boys' mother, Lyla Grunt.

In Sims 1, if you had Makin' Magic, you could enchant your garden gnomes with a spell and they would come to life where you could actually see them take care of your Sim's garden!

In Sims 1 you could also grow a magic bean stalk that your Sim could climb up to find a certain "familiar" sleeping giant up in the clouds!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    Yay The Sims! <3

In Sims 2 there were TWO moons in the night sky.

The giant rock formation in Strangetown was depicting the head of Will Wright.

Olive Specter's household graveyard was full of many dead Sims, including several husbands. Also buried there was a neighbor, the Grunt boys' mother, Lyla Grunt.

In Sims 1, if you had Makin' Magic, you could enchant your garden gnomes with a spell and they would come to life where you could actually see them take care of your Sim's garden!

In Sims 1 you could also grow a magic bean stalk that your Sim could climb up to find a certain "familiar" sleeping giant up in the clouds!

OH YEAH. I already forgot about the two moon glitch in TS2. Thanks for pulling out a long-lost memory. ^_^
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • WithoutBrain1234WithoutBrain1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Fun fact: Sims took my life away
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Fun Fact: The Sims has changed my life for the better and has gotten me through a lot of large bumps in my life. For that I thank the creators.
  • sgjosgjo Posts: 110 Member
    In sims2, if you have a nanny watching a toddler she will "punish" him/her by putting him/her in it's crib if it plays in the toilet. Sometimes just heading to the toilet will get that treatment. lol
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    @Scobre‌ I have to admit that Smosh video made me ROFL.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Fun fact: Every single time I played Strangetown in TS2, Nervous Subject would be walking by the Curious house right when Pascal had his baby. Nervous always ran in, family Sim that he was. And every time, if I'd leave them alone, they'd started autonomously flirting and fall in love :-)
  • SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
    Fact: Sims is fun.
    tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
    Origin ID: SylvRo
    Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

• MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Fun fact: In Sims 2, The Spectre house has a wall you can walkthrough. (Creeped me out the first time I noticed ;))
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Did you know that in TS1 Drew Carey would show up at your party?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AhXzQfj9YU

Drew Carey did a number of parodies of The Sims
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6wQxEWkh6U
  • SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    edited February 2015
    Fun fact: In the sims 1 a sad sim staring at the tragic clown painting would bring the tragic clown to the sim to cheer them up
    Fun fact 2: In the sims 2 a bottom out sad sim got a visit from a social bunny
    in the sims 2 a bottomed out aspiration sim got a visit from a psychiatrist with a round whirly hypnotizing thingy, both psychiatrist and social bunny were invisible to other sims.
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @Scobre‌ I have to admit that Smosh video made me ROFL.
    Yay my goal of making someone laugh is complete for the day. I was trying to lighten the thread a bit with humor. I was so nervous posting it and had to put the disclaimer on it just in case for younger Simmers. It's just so funny how honest it is and I loved how all the Sims games were included in the video. But I admit someone else has posted the video in forums before I did.

Fun fact: Sims 2 Pets had Hilary Duff and her dog.

1011sims1.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited February 2015
    Fun fact: I messed up a number of game files in the Sims 2 when I left 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' on when I exited the game
    You're too late.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited February 2015
    Fun (or not so fun) fact: In the Sims 2, I resurrected a much beloved Sim so he could spend a little more time with his adoring wife. Well, I was traumatised when he returned, he honestly freaked me out. I couldn't bear to kill him so I had to exit without saving. I have never brought a Sim back from the dead again. :s
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Fun Fact - If you turn your back on the game and don't press 'pause' "anything" can happen. I remember playing Sims 2, and my doorbell rang. I had all my Sims setup (or so I thought), so I didn't bother pressing pause. I didn't think I was away from the game that long. But by the time I came back to the game, I got a message about the Social Worker coming to take away my kids. OMG, I was devastated LOL! I let the game play out, but I learned never to let the game play for even a minute...always press pause.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Fun fact: Sometimes in The Sims 2 I caught my toddler singing the nursery rhyme by themselves. Sort of sad and adorable.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Fun Fact: Sims 2 had a transgender premade in the base game burried in Olive Specter's Garden.
    tenor.gif
  • sgjosgjo Posts: 110 Member
    edited February 2015
    TS2 - If you have the ghost on the pirate ship out when your sim goes into labor, he'll freak out like the other sims do and then cheer at the birth.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I downloaded Hillary Duff and her dog when that download first became available...unfortunately, it is long gone...*sigh*
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!