Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Video Blogging job/profession (Youtuber) idea

KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
Video Blogging (on YouTube) has become really popular recently and I think that it would be a good addition.
So, my ideas:

Profession Name: Video Blogger (YouTuber)
Paid: Teenager: §30 an hour each day/YA-Adult §50 an hour everyday (You gain more as you gain more skill)

Highlights:

You can go on the computer and confirm the job (Teenagers+)

Name your channel (Teenagers+) -Video Bloggers only -One time only

Your sim can buy a camera and there would be an option called "Record a video" and then they'd put the camera on a table and sit or stand in front of it, talk then they can upload it to the video sharing site. -Video Bloggers only

When your sim has uploaded the video you can name it and you can check your sim's channel and see how many likes you have and see comments (Teenagers+) -Video Bloggers only -Sims players can see this on the screen. (I imagine this looking like the blog app in sims 3 but on a computer)

Meet ups: The video blogger can set a place to hold a meet and greet using their phone and 'fans' of the video blogger would arrive to meet them. (Teenagers+) (-Not sure on this one) -Video bloggers only (Normal sims meet them)

On the laptop the sims can go on the video sharing site and watch videos (Child+)

Collab videos: If your video blogger sim has a friend who is also a video blogger they can invite the sim over and make a video with them.(Teenagers+) -Video bloggers only

They eventually get better at making videos. Every video goes towards the Video Blogging skill and every time their skill level goes up their videos get better (meaning more views and money etc.)

The video sharing site could be named something like 'SimTube' or 'LlamaTube', which is similar but also relates to the sims.

"The branches could be Entertainer (Comedy, Music, Film), Gamer, Beauty (cosmetics, bodybuilding)
Professional cameras, cameras on tripods GoPRO, Dual/Triple Screen computers, recording studio, etc."
-Suggested by MasonGamer

"For teens it could be a part time job/weekend job" (Or a profession that you can do whenever)
-Suggested by sofia4u

"Don't forget the endorsements. If your channel is big enough companies will send you free stuff to use. Some will even pay you to upload a video saying good stuff about their products."
-Suggested by GoddessSims

"It would be nice to see Sims in the neighborhood react positively or negatively to your Sim's latest video too."
-Suggested by Zachary

"Imagine sims/townies posting actual comments on your sims' videos!"
-Suggested by Nighthero

"Imagine with a EP or GP like that, there would also be Conventions you could go to like a GamingCon like Gamescom or E3, ComicCons or BeautyCons. Testing things and making reviews for products."
-Suggested by AtalantaNemesis

"I guess it could be an interesting active career of sorts in a celebrity expansion. They stay at home, but get a checklist where they have to prepare, film and edit their videos, advertise on social media, and check for comments. Maybe there's a mischief option where they can Drum Up Online Controversy or Make Up Clickbait for extra views?

Fitness-oriented Sims could Make Up Bro-Science (so many bodybuilders online have no idea what they're talking about) or Show Off Glutes.

Then Geek Sims could Review Stuff Packs or Record Let's Plays, or even Livestream Games... or how about Voice Act in Abridged Anime?"
-Suggested by kwanzaabot

"I could see it being added on a University EP and would probably include a Social Networking skill."
-Suggested by AlanSims
What do you think?
My CC
KaraStars on the Gallery
Post edited by KaraStars on

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I had the same idea, the branches could be Entertainer (Comedy, Music, Film), Gamer, Beauty (cosmetics, bodybuilding)

professional cameras, cameras on tripods GoPRO, Dual/Triple Screen computers, recording studio.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
    Yeah that'd be good! The new objects would also be good for a musician and acting career
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    Id like to see this happen lol
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
    It'd be really good :)
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • musicalgirl2010musicalgirl2010 Posts: 37 Member
    I'd give my Sims that job!
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    Oooohhh! I am very intrigued :D Im loving the beauty blogger idea
  • LuauauLuauau Posts: 64 Member
    I'd love to see this, especially for teenagers. That'd be really cool! :)
    edited February 2015
    Thank you :# I really hope it happens
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 169 Member
    That would be cute, and appropriate given the number of simmers Youtube channels out there!
    Yeah :smile: and the channels can be for any type of video as you get to name the channel and video
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • bonnstraxxbonnstraxx Posts: 102 Member
    I love this idea! Definitely would love to have this job for my sims (:
    tumblr_no8vxivBfl1s26dsio1_250_zpsh1ymw1es.gif
    Thank you :blush: I think it would be a fun job for your sim
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • NightheroNighthero Posts: 60 Member
    The amount of youtubers(simmers) that would give their sim selves this job though... B)
    Haha I certainly I would ;)
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
    > @KaraStars said:
    > Haha I certainly I would
    Would a lot of people?
    haha true :)
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • sofia4usofia4u Posts: 207 Member
    For teens it could be a part time job/ weekend job. Mother sim wouldnt want her daughter being late for school as she's discussing what mouthwash is better in front of a camera lol
    giphy.gif
  • Emilyb16simloverEmilyb16simlover Posts: 50 Member
    I think that would be pretty cool!
  • Emilyb16simloverEmilyb16simlover Posts: 50 Member
    hope to see it!
    edited March 2015
    sofia4u wrote: »
    For teens it could be a part time job/ weekend job. Mother sim wouldnt want her daughter being late for school as she's discussing what mouthwash is better in front of a camera lol
    Haha :grin: I was thinking of it being a profession so you can do it whenever

Edit: Thank you Emily!
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • lillylulu13lillylulu13 Posts: 18 Member
    Ea have to notice this fourm because its a great idea i hope they add it especially with the choice of picking what category youtuber you want to be like a gamer or vlogger
  • ZacharyZachary Posts: 68 Member
    This would go great with a Superstar/Showtime expansion pack. It would be nice to see Sims in the neighborhood react positively or negatively to your Sim's latest video too.
    imagine sims posting actual comments on your sims' videos!
    WE NEED THIS!
    Zachary wrote: »
    This would go great with a Superstar/Showtime expansion pack. It would be nice to see Sims in the neighborhood react positively or negatively to your Sim's latest video too.

Yeah that'd be good :smile: and plus Nighthero's idea could go with that too, so you can get townies commenting on your videos.
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • MLPTSMLPTS Posts: 461 Member
    That would be a very nice job for mah sim to have