Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ducks in a Row...If only Maxis...

Hello Simmers!
I titled this thread Ducks in a Row etc., because if only Maxis had waited to release this game after it had finished the pools and the ghosts and other jobs and whatever else they have patched in since June, maybe there wouldn't be such an uproar about how disappointing this game is to many people. So what I'm saying is if they had waited and lined up their ducks in a row, instead of throwing them in a box and throwing the box at us all jumbled up, maybe...just maybe this game might have been received a little better.

I do hope, they are able place the largest duck at the head of that row, which to me, is the Toddlers. :D
My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Hello Simmers!
    I titled this thread Ducks in a Row etc., because if only Maxis had waited to release this game after it had finished the pools and the ghosts and other jobs and whatever else they have patched in since June, maybe there wouldn't be such an uproar about how disappointing this game is to many people. So what I'm saying is if they had waited and lined up their ducks in a row, instead of throwing them in a box and throwing the box at us all jumbled up, maybe...just maybe this game might have been received a little better.

I do hope, they are able place the largest duck at the head of that row, which to me, is the Toddlers. :D

To me it's not only toddlers that will make this base game greater, but it's certainly one of the biggest things it will help the game.

Family trees, story progression, repairman and firefighters, real estate, locking doors, basements and carpools will still be missing, toddlers are the most important in my opinion, they are a big thing, but not only what this game needs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I don't really care for toddlers that much, but I'd be way happier if they implemented the family tree into the game.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Hello Simmers!

To me it's not only toddlers that will make this base game greater, but it's certainly one of the biggest things it will help the game.

Family trees, story progression, repairman and firefighters, real estate, locking doors, basements and carpools will still be missing, toddlers are the most important in my opinion, they are a big thing, but not only what this game needs.

Good points. But those are more ducks, doncha think? lol

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I think I need visible NPCs more than toddlers. Both would befine, though :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Hello Simmers!

Good points. But those are more ducks, doncha think? lol

Yeah they are things they should have put in the game from the start and as I was saying, I agree with you, but it's not just toddlers what this needs. :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    Maybe they couldn't delay it anymore. They had already delayed it once, it's possible their bosses said no more delays. Release it now, fix it later...an all too common problem with the industry at large, not just EA.
    34336_s.gif
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Hello Simmers!

If they waited just on those things, the AI would still be shallow, the animations would still be few, the bugs would still be many, the polygons and textures would still be low, the gameplay would still be on rails. I find the notion that more stuff means a better sims game amusing because a lot of people are in for a rude awakening when the more stuff starts coming and the game doesn't fundamentally improve. That's of course unless they fundamentally change the game.

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @windweaver I only hope they can wow us in the future to make up for all the heartache! :)
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I don't really care for toddlers that much, but I'd be way happier if they implemented the family tree into the game.
    I agree with this. I always went through that stage really fast and used cheats when I could. The family tree was a big thing, and more careers I think I found a solution to the family tree for me anyway and I use a family tree online that I can place pictures into so I am able to keep track of my families. I think they need the fire and police and robbers and so many other things that toddlers would be the last in my list of things ( I have to duck here as I may get slammed ) The only reason I hope we get toddlers is so that there would not be so many posts about it, and some people would move on to different things to complain about. This might sound harsh, but they really need to fix the game before they put in stuff.
  • SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    the current world is still rubbish, they should remake them.
    Senbre wrote: »
    the current world is still rubbish, they should remake them.

I like them, just wish they had more neighborhoods with more community lots.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    toddlers would be last on my list to make this game better.
    QPs2LMU.jpg

What would be the first? Just curious :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Hello Simmers!

If they waited just on those things, the AI would still be shallow, the animations would still be few, the bugs would still be many, the polygons and textures would still be low, the gameplay would still be on rails. I find the notion that more stuff means a better sims game amusing because a lot of people are in for a rude awakening when the more stuff starts coming and the game doesn't fundamentally improve. That's of course unless they fundamentally change the game.

Yes, I have to agree with this. And sadly I don't think they will go to that much effort and expense. It might improve with more animations and content, over time, but I'm doubtful that this game will never be on par with the previous versions and that makes me very sad.

As far as using some other program to keep track of family trees, that is not going to help keep your family in tact. If you move them out to other households, the game is going to cull them after a few generations and they will likely lose their family ties even before that happens anyway. The repurposing they tried to do to this game by turning it into offline single player was just barely half-baked at best, and I'm not sure they will spend the resources to fix it. I hope they will, the Sims is my favorite game and the only one I was ever really interested in playing, but based on past experience with this company I am sadly very skeptical.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    If we had all those things (pools, ghosts, etc) in the beginning I still think people would have been disappointed with the game, but maybe just a little less than before.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    The largest duck would be Justine Keaton, then Simona Valenci. ;)
    colton147 wrote: »
    The largest duck would be Justine Keaton, then Simona Valenci. ;)

Colton, you crack me up :D

• TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    The first duck in my row would be world design. Toddlers come after that.

But yes, if they had released the game with more content associated with a base game it would have been received better.
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member

What would be the first? Just curious :)

open world, family tree's (toddlers could be added with this one), seasons
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    There are so many ducks that I want that it's hard to name them all.

^That is a really weird sentence out of context. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    giphy.gif

• SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    Honestly, I hate toddlers in real life, and in The Sims 3 they were more of a prop in real life (sorry, that sounds harsh...)

I feel they don't complete a game, but are fun to have if you like them! Truly, I love the game and hope it continues to grow. You hear more from the goal people who hate the game rather than the ones who love it, which is sad because several people I know truly appreciate TS4.
  • Squirrel KingSquirrel King Posts: 35 Member
    What I want in the Sims 4? Too long of a list honestly. :)
    tumblr_inline_mkn8zzI8AJ1qz4rgp.gif
    What I want in the Sims 4? Too long of a list honestly. :)
    tumblr_inline_mkn8zzI8AJ1qz4rgp.gif

love the gif Squirrel King; that is so funny

• LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    If only they had pushed the deadline to a year later ... There was nothing wrong with that honestly.

Or at least, if only they hadn't started with Sims Olympus.

Or maybe, if only Will Wright never left :disappointed:
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Nope it would have been the same result. We already have the patches and the overall reception of the game hasn't really changed much. It would have only delayed the backlash if anything. Don't forget the things that can't be changed such as the cartoonish graphics and having no open world.
    hEFcp6z.gif