Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:

Winter ends. Spring begins. Nichol returns to work after an eventful few days off ~ a trip to China as well as birthdays for both Rosie and Bobby.
    Maybe things will continue to go well and she’ll impress her boss with her report, resulting in an automatic promotion.
    Well… a gal can certainly dream!

To continue reading, please go to
    Have I Got A Story For You!
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I think Zach actually remembered her birthday and wanted to surprise her by taking her out to dinner. ; ) The promotion was perfectly timed, wasn't it? She achieved the wish of a lifetime and now she can enjoy retirement and family and whatever whimsical thoughts might interest her.

Isn't it interesting how a babysitter will show up at your door, even if you don't call them, to watch your children who can go all over town by themselves; BUT babies don't get babysitters when they are your neighbors' children!!?

Great pictures, Addy. Thank you. I am so very happy she achieved her LTW.
    ciane wrote: »
    I think Zach actually remembered her birthday and wanted to surprise her by taking her out to dinner. ; ) The promotion was perfectly timed, wasn't it? She achieved the wish of a lifetime and now she can enjoy retirement and family and whatever whimsical thoughts might interest her.

I also think that Zach remembered her birthday and planned this as a surprise, then the promotion happened and provided the perfect "excuse" to get her in the car and head over to the impromptu party LOL

Nichol achieved reaching the top of her career, but there isn't a LTW directly associated with the political career. Her LTW is "Golden Tongue/Golden Fingers" which I thought tied in nicely to her career. And just so you know ... **looks around because this is a slight spoiler** she has achieved this! I won't say anymore as I don't want to give too much away ;)
    Isn't it interesting how a babysitter will show up at your door, even if you don't call them, to watch your children who can go all over town by themselves; BUT babies don't get babysitters when they are your neighbors' children!!?

It is, isn't it?! I don't know why, but silly me... I actually thought I would see a babysitter at their house because the baby image showed up in map view. Go to the house and "poof" image disappears and no one is home. It would have been neat for the babysitter to interact at the door and not let visiting Sim inside the house. I know, I know... too much game mechanic to even consider.
    Great pictures, Addy. Thank you. I am so very happy she achieved her LTW.

Thanks! I take pictures (so many pictures!) and let them guide me in my re-telling. Until I start sifting through them all, I have no idea what form/direction the story will take. Lately I have had to go and get firm with setting aside and not using all of them - for example, China and the story surrounding the marketplace had 31 pictures and the zen garden itself was another 21! There were even more to the China trip overall, but I had to edit as much as I could and still have it make sense. Well... sense to me anyway ;)

I had no idea when I started this thread and began sharing stories of their adventures that my creativity bug would bite me quite so hard. I knew I would be attached to each and every Sim of mine (I always am!) and I have always given them stories (Only in my own mind. Never thinking to write them down!) but this... this is something else entirely. I am so appreciative of this opportunity to show-and-tell and very thankful that others find it worth a second and possibly third look :)

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Happy birthday to Nichol and Nikki :) It is nice that Nichol and Zach was enjoying a nice meal at the Bistro when she aged up. It is great that Nichol got two raises on the same day and has reached the top of her career. I hope that Nichol and Zach continue to enjoy their sim lives together with their family in all that their sim days hold.
    Thankyou for sharing the update :)
    Sorry, I know that she was hoping for the promotion and went to China so that she'd be sure to get it. I think being leader of the Free World is an awesome achievement like a Nobel Prize!

I love writing stories too, Addy. Sometimes I take so many pictures that it really cuts down on game play and I do know what you mean about having so many pictures. I move them all out of my screenshot folder into a folder sub-divided by chapter on my desktop when I am writing one.

I am glad you are enjoying sharing the story with us.

I am hoping all the picture woes are over, but I went into the GG forum where we share picture links of our latest uploads and all I say there was text for links. So ... fingers crossed and good wishes that the picture links woes go away.
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    I'm sorry others are having trouble with their pictures as well but at the same time happy it isn't just me. It's so frustrating! :\
  • Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    I can see all pictures just fine
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Nice update @Addy ! :) Wow Nichol still looks great as an elder! When does Zach age up?
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    @tanu I am really sorry your pictures aren't showing, I bet they are awesome though.:)
    FEvr1sR.gif
    Nice update @Addy ! :) Wow Nichol still looks great as an elder! When does Zach age up?

Thanks! Pictures have been taken, but finding the time to write... **shakes head & laughs at self**
    RL has reached out and grabbed me this week, that's for sure LOL

Off to spend hopefully a short amount of time (and money!) at the repair shop this morning. The plan is to return and start writing, see how far I get, before Mom Taxi zooms off for her afternoon pick-up. Hoping to get it done/edited/posted today. Not promising, just sincerely wishing ;)

Hello Addy :) I hope that the mechanical work on your car went okay and was not too expensive. I will look forward to seeing the next update, but I hope that you also have time to rest and take care of yourself in the midst of your busy real life days. Sending smiles to you to encircle you through today, tomorrow and each day :)
    Good Morning! Sleep won the round last night LOL

Have a total of THREE posts to get on here
    1 - Story
    2 - wait and see
    3 - also, wait and see

So time to get a moving and a grooving...
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:

Spring time, check. Full moon, check. Time for Zach to do a little Zombie removal as he has grains to gather.

edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:
    {Narrator Addy adds: Trying to catch up with Tanu so we are roughly at the same point in our game (again!), but these pictures told a story all on their own and insisted on being "heard" so here's a little BONUS story}

Ah. First day of school. Soon children will be seen ~ some singing and dancing their way to the bus, others just going and getting it over with;
    some excited & possibly nervous, others are more calm as they are “old pros” at this sort of thing.

Addy's Game:
    rules-and-guidelines.png

Generation 3
    Roll baby, roll…

Family Structure: Couple

Number of Children: 1

Careers
    Reiley - Business
    Spouse – Law Enforcement (Forensics)

Generational Goal: Hobby, or Obsession
    Choose carefully, young ones.

Pick a “Hobby” for your Sim, based on their traits, or on their character as you see them. The heir (and spouse where applicable) must spend at least 5 Sim hours a week pursuing their hobby. Your Sim must not make money from this hobby. If you use writing, then only use “Practice Writing” and not “Write a Book”.

Miscellaneous Fun: Tattoo Addict
    Your Sim must have a new tattoo every Sim week (Sunday to Saturday). The addict can be the heir or the spouse/partner (unless you’ve rolled single parent; then obviously the heir must be the addict).
    edited January 2015
    I love the catch up on all that is going on in your game. It's great that Zach got to visit Bobby (and Ladybug) and that Nikki's husband obviously adores her.

Reiley is a genius who will do well in Business. I am glad that he won't be all bookwormy and will enjoy athletic endeavors! It will be interesting to see who he meets and how things work out.

Your pictures are perfect. I loved them all.

Tanu, I hope you are having lots of fun in your other adventures as you wait for Addy to catch up.

Waves hi to Rose and Christine and everyone else who stops by!
    It was great reading your latest updates Addy :) Happy birthday to Reiley and Zach! It is exciting for Reiley to start school. Reiley will have fun doing the different activities to keep fit.
    It is nice seeing the updates of the sims living their sims lives, and the family pictures of the children with each other and with their parents/grandparents are very nice.
    edited February 2015
    Tanu's Legacy ~ Generation Three ~ Jasper's Teen Years (con't)

*I thought maybe you all would like to know what Jasper has been up to since my last update. If you remember he was going to ask his Mom, Rorie if he could go to China. *

Jasper brought up the idea of going to China to Rorie that evening. Rorie was sad that she couldn't send him to see his Dad's side of the family. "I'm sorry Jasper but I just don't have the money. Grandpa and Grandma left me just enough to keep up with taxes and the mortgage. But there are still bills coming in that I'm struggling to keep paid. I'm trying my best but there's no extra for a trip right now."

zwi0xw.jpg

Jasper tried to understand and he knew his Mom was working a lot to try and make ends meet. She was taking little jobs around town and in between she would sing for tips on the towns streets. His friends were always asking him what his Mom was doing out on the streets which was embarrassing to him.

akk8j4.jpg

n4vds1.jpg

vqmdsz.jpg

2v27bmg.jpg

Every now and then they would find something in common to talk about.

t9bh3s.jpg

Jasper didn't want to admit it but he was a bit jealous of the relationship Hannah had with their Mom.

2m60twx.jpg

14mvxjn.jpg

His wasn't as good.

2e55f92.jpg

Rorie was gone most of the time and so things around the house fell to Jasper to keep the household going. After all he was now the man of the house.

So he fixed things when they got broken ~

2mnqa14.jpg

Did the laundry ~

209q177.jpg

And many nights made sure Hannah did her homework and was in bed on time ~

4ubcr8.jpg

After chores were done and Hannah asleep it was time for him to leave a few 'surprises' for Rorie to let her know he was not at all pleased with his new role.

16gzq5s.jpg

n9dgz.jpg

9i5s7s.jpg

And the times he did go out he didn't make very good decisions.

2nva2yu.jpg

102tchj.jpg

He found out the hard way that people didn't take harmless pranks the same way he did ~

jim846.jpg

And Jasper had no problem kissing a girl from school one night ~

29da16d.jpg

and a different girl the very next day. After all they would just leave him and break his heart anyway.

2jeppbn.jpg

His Mom just wouldn't listen when he tried to explain things to her.

2e55f92.jpg

He wished he could talk to his Dad like Hannah seemed too. She would be talking away to thin air and laughing and listening. But Jasper couldn't see anyone so he chose to believe it was just Hannah's imagination. Still he wished she was right. Maybe his Dad would understand what his Mom didn't.

3447dld.jpg

And he was really upset that Rorie wasn't home when Hannah became a teen.

w1d6w3.jpg

Things aren't going well in the household for Rorie. Being a single Mom raising two children isn't easy. Will Rorie be able to keep the family together? Will she be able to get Jasper to understand her side of things and that she's truly trying her best? Will her career ever take off so she can get off the streets?

Will Jasper resent his Dad and Grandparents leaving so much that it will ruin the relationship he has with his Mom? Will his rebellious ways land him in more trouble? Will he be able to straighten his life out and love one day?

Now that Hannah is a teenager will she still see Wei and be able to talk to him? Will she stay the sweet and loving soul she's been or will real life pressures start getting to her too?

Will Zack, Nichol, and Wei be able to rest in peace or will the families struggle leave them wandering through the Spirit world?

Stay tuned to find out what twist and turns are next.
    It was great to see your update Tanu :) It was great seeing the pictures and reading the background details. It is not good that the relationship between Rorie and Jasper is not too good. I hope that Jasper becomes less rebellious, and that their relationship improve. It was nice seeing the pictures of Rorie doing singing presentations for people to earn extra money, and also singing to gain money tips. Happy birthday to Hannah! It is nice that she is now a teenager.
    I will look forward to seeing the next update and see what the future holds for each of the sims! :)
    I love the way you pieced the pictures of the story together for us. Rebellious, resentful, jealous, confused... typical growing up angst coupled with "oh, my, you really have had a hard time"! I am hopeful that later in life he'll appreciate all his mother did and I do hope he continues to stay close to his sister. Thank you for another wonderful chapter in this saga. Hugs and happy dancing!
    rosemow wrote: »
    It was great to see your update Tanu :) It was great seeing the pictures and reading the background details. It is not good that the relationship between Rorie and Jasper is not too good. I hope that Jasper becomes less rebellious, and that their relationship improve. It was nice seeing the pictures of Rorie doing singing presentations for people to earn extra money, and also singing to gain money tips. Happy birthday to Hannah! It is nice that she is now a teenager.
    I will look forward to seeing the next update and see what the future holds for each of the sims! :)

Thanks Rose! The family is fun to play right now because Jasper has a few traits I don't play very often and is really fun to watch. I'll post his traits next time I go in game so I get them all. Can't remember them off the top of my head. He has some of his future mapped out for him due to the rolls of the legacy but I have a feeling he'll seem to have a mind of his own quite a bit too. LOL

The in game relationship between Rorie and Jasper is much like I portray it in the story. They will be talking and chatting and seeming to enjoy it one minute then at each other's throats the next. There relationship bar is like a yo-yo lol. I was surprised Hannah aged up already and kind of sad because she was such a great little kid. She really is the only one that interacts with Wei. Wei and Rorie were always together when he was alive so I'm surprised they ignore each other now.

I'm really happy we decided to do this. It's fun playing different traits and a different way than I'm used too. <3

I love the way you pieced the pictures of the story together for us. Rebellious, resentful, jealous, confused... typical growing up angst coupled with "oh, my, you really have had a hard time"! I am hopeful that later in life he'll appreciate all his mother did and I do hope he continues to stay close to his sister. Thank you for another wonderful chapter in this saga. Hugs and happy dancing!

Thanks Ciane! I appreciate it! It's writing out a bit different than I usually write but that's part of the fun of this :) I have no doubt he and Hannah will stay close as they are always talking and will autonomously hug each other. They tend to sit near each other if they're both reading too which is cute. Hugs! <3

• Night_Rain0964Night_Rain0964 Posts: 9 New Member
    It's a lot of fun seeing how all the sims lives go.You ladies have done such a great job with the writing and pictures.Tanu even though I was not able to see the pictures you posted you really did a great job with the writing,I could see everything in my mind. :D
    It's a lot of fun seeing how all the sims lives go.You ladies have done such a great job with the writing and pictures.Tanu even though I was not able to see the pictures you posted you really did a great job with the writing,I could see everything in my mind. :D

Hi and nice to meet you Night Rain! :)

Thank you so much for your lovely comment about my writing! I so appreciate it!

I was just going to post that I have just finished replacing all of my pictures that had disappeared. So if you haven't seen them yet or would like to see them again they are now back where they belong :D
    edited February 2015
    It is great that you were able to replace the pictures and that they show up now @Tanu. :) I hope that you continue to enjoy doing the Legacy and I will look forward to seeing the next update. :)