March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will there be a Sims 4 Mac Forum?

Please could a guru/mod let us know if there will be a dedicated Mac Forum for The Sims 4 when it is released this month? Or will we still have to use the Sims 3 Mac Forum for Sims 4 related content?
apple-signature.png

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited February 2015
    Also it would be nice to have a couple of threads stickied in the Sims 3 forum. Since you take suggestions on the Windows side and sticky those threads, please consider our requests too.

Thank you.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited February 2015
    @BluebellFlora @SimGuruBChick
    I don't see why they couldn't. I can ask on Monday if the sub-forum can be created before the release. ;)

Nice to see you around BBF. :)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    That would be super duper @blunote00 - thank you :D It would be great to get some basic threads started because the Sims 3 forum is getting busier with Sims 4 related comments now it's been confirmed.

I'm always normally around..... somewhere ;)
    apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora‌
    No problem. When it comes to Macs I don't know jack. I consider "you" the expert! :D
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    blunote00 wrote: »
    @BluebellFlora‌
    No problem. When it comes to Macs I don't know jack. I consider "you" the expert! :D

:blush: Well now, you see that's where you're going wrong. I'm just obsessed with my Mac, that's all ;)

apple-signature.png
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    ^ expert!

If a mod is going to venture into the Mac section it would be nice if the spam threads could be removed. They are mostly on page two now but we don't need them cluttering up the place and some contain erroneous information. It's pretty obvious which ones I mean. I tried reporting them as spam but they are still there.

Ta!
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
    Good point @Caspinwall Loads of us reported them but nothing was done - I believe there are 24 separate trolling threads on pages 2 & 3?
    apple-signature.png
    That sounds about right. Many of the spam threads are helpfully entitled "pointless" to aid identification :)
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
    Let me see what I can have done. ;)
    And if the really helpful threads for Sims 3 in the Mac section could be stickied. I have to constantly bump them back near the top. We repeatedly asked, but no one has done anything.
    SimStaff have removed the spam threads and terminated the users alias account. :)
    I'm still waiting for a response on the Sims 4 Mac sub-forum. ;)
    Which threads down in Sims 3 Mac Discussion need to be sticky'd?
    SimStaff have removed the spam threads and terminated the users alias account. :)

Thank you so much @blunote00 :) The main thread that springs to mind is this one, it has the main help threads linked to.
    apple-signature.png

Thank you so much @blunote00 :) The main thread that springs to mind is this one, it has the main help threads linked to.
    I have asked if that thread can be sticky'd. ;)

Thank you! And thank you for having the spam removed. :D
    Yay! Thanks!
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Great idea to have a separate TS4 Mac sub forum. Will look into that later this week.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
    Great idea to have a separate TS4 Mac sub forum. Will look into that later this week.

Yes please. We need somewhere dedicated for OS X, for TS4. Mac threads get lost in the tech. forum and they normally get moved to the Mac forum anyway!

apple-signature.png

Thank you and also may we have some threads stickied in the Sims 3 Mac forums? These are the help threads. :D
  • Dani47531Dani47531 Posts: 192 Member
    I like your idea because that way it would be easier to find help
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would just use technical discussions, but I guess.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »

At the moment Mac threads get moved to the Sims 3 Mac forum from the tech forum, whether they're about TS3 or TS4, hence the need for a Mac TS4 forum.
    apple-signature.png
    MasonGamer wrote: »

We specifically have a Mac forum as many people who run only on Windows do not always experience the same problems we do and they do not know how to properly correct the game for our OS and computers (no offense to Windows users). While many aspects are very similar, I am glad that we do have a separate section in which to discuss and help those with Macs. Many of the technical threads that are started in the Tech help sections that deal with Mac related problems get moved to the Mac section anyway. It would just be nice to keep the two game separate. :)

Not sure if you were around when the Sims2 BBS was up and running, but we constantly got "flamed" by the Windows users and it was a pain in the rear to get a proper answer. I was one of those who lobbied EA/Maxis to get us our own section so that we could help each other. When Sims 3 was announced it was nice to see that Mac users got their own section right off the bat. And it will be nice to have a section for Sims 4 as the games aren't going to experience the same problems.
    @SimGuruBChick Any news on this yet? The game comes out in 5 days and it really would be helpful to have a TS4 forum by release day. The Sims 3 Mac forum will get clogged up with TS4 threads which won't help anyone.
    apple-signature.png
  • Lettuce GirlLettuce Girl Posts: 10 New Member
    The game is released tomorrow and I'm fairly certain there will be many threads relating to TS4 and it's not really fair on Mac TS3 players to clog up their dedicated thread. Will there be a new forum for TS4 Mac by tomorrow?