Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    JMConceptJMConcept Posts: 123 Member
    TS4 can't be fixed. Sorry, we can't have CAST or open worlds... This is even worse than sims 2.
    a742kT4.jpg
  • Options
    akabo123akabo123 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited January 2015
    Color Wheel.
    The Wheel of Colors.
    THE GOD DAWN COLOR WHEEL!
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    I want darkness and family tragedies.

You are my hero!
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    I agree with so many of these points. I really miss toddlers, and I think the game really needs a lot of careers. I am playing about 20 different families, and the lack of varied jobs make them all blend together.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    i have only been playing a month, I would love to see toddlers, family tree's and memories. But, what bothers me most is that there aren't enough lots or worlds to house the sims I want to play. Please EA, with or without an expansion pack please either give us some new worlds with lots, or more lots in the existing worlds!
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    I really liked family trees, I liked naming Sims after their ancestors. And it was easier to remember who was related - especially when Sims seem to age so quickly and still have young looking elders.
  • Options
    MissElisethMissEliseth Posts: 7 New Member
    > @SheriSim57 said:
    > i have only been playing a month, I would love to see toddlers, family tree's and memories. But, what bothers me most is that there aren't enough lots or worlds to house the sims I want to play. Please EA, with or without an expansion pack please either give us some new worlds with lots, or more lots in the existing worlds!

I couldn't agree more. I have been playing for two months and it's my first Sims game. Unfortunately, I have nothing to compare it to and I do really like the game, but when I saw the things you could do in Sims 3 I was so upset. The customization is the first thing along with more lots that I want to see in the game. The amount of customization you had in Sims 3 was out of this world. You could build anything you could imagine, you could make sure it all matched, and was exactly how you wanted it. Right now I am getting a kick out of improving lots from TV shows such as Gilmore Girls, Friends, Smallville, etc. Making them more true to life by literally watching episodes and decorating them the way it is in the show. But you are so limited if you don't use CC or mods that people make. I had to download so much CC to make Lorelai's house on Gilmore Girls look more true to life because you don't have good rug choices, better couches, or even couch pillows!

So that's my rant.. I want customization options, more lots, open world, and just overall better simulation with the family tree, toddlers, etc.
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2015
    An option to clear out your Sim's personal inventory, mine has a letter stuck in it. I'm not sure if it is a bill or a seed package he ordered, but I can't open it or anything now, it is just stuck. I would also like to add thank you for creating this thread. :)
  • Options
    hotrod35075901hotrod35075901 Posts: 73 Member
    I for one really need auto roofs back,every time I try to build as much as I like the features I can never get the roof to match up,if that feature is there could someone kindly point out how to find it. thanks
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2015
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    The only way I would consider buying this is with the following:

1. Get rid of the linear goal oriented play, or at least the option to opt out of it
    2. Fully fleshed out toddlers (which I would not pay for, patch away or put it up as free DLC)
    3. Unchain the babies from their bassinets
    4. Family tree
    5. Story progression
    6. Bigger neighborhoods
    7. Loading screens between neighborhoods only, no lot to lot
    8. Unlock common items from buy mode, career rewards should be separate and special items for that career
    9. NPC's police, firemen ect.
    10. Graves even if they die off lot, and a cemetery

And for the love of pete fix the bugs!!!

I'll stop there, the rest I could get later.

It will never happen, but hey it's fun making lists!

I like your list the best because it is simple in style and to the point. :D

I would also add the following.

1. Not only bigger worlds but the freedom to place vacant lots anywhere I like.
    2. Terrain tools, terraforming on lots and in the world.
    3. More interactions between Sims which don't include talking. lol
    4. Games under the Play options for kids and other Sims. This game doesn't even offer Play between Sims and or Kids among Kids.
    5. Number one Pet Peeve, Remove Backdrops and allow Me to see the whole world from the distance of my Sims' houses. Without 'that' I feel confined even more so than the TS1 (no view) and or the TS2 view (neighbor's houses down the street).

6. Get off the Linear Scripted Play trying to make me play how you want me to play and give back my sandbox. Where I am god and if I want to work out on the machine and or in front of the TV don't tell me to do that at the gym etc. (That is what is meant by 'options'.) ETA: And don't tell me 'how many hours' either. You can use that as a trigger but don't say it to me in the game. I would prefer this all to be a skill set, as before, and not telling me where or when. The only thing I can go on by the other games was the little blue skilling thing over their heads filling up as they skilled. I don't mind that, but hide your triggers from the player (such as telling them how many hours) that is to rigid and too much like an RPG.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Karina6233746Karina6233746 Posts: 7 New Member
    My Sims 4 List -
    TODDLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE SO CUTE!
    OPEN WORLD!!!!!!! I WANT MY SIM TO BE ABLE TO RIDE A BIKE AWESOMELY!
    Fix all the problems before you add something new,because that 'something new' can make more problems,so its easier to fix the problems you already have before making something new which probably can make more problems,which is really confusing right now with the 'something new's & the problems(Bugs & Stuff).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AtlaxaAtlaxa Posts: 327 Member
    What I would like:

1. Story progression with options (don't move out my Sims!)
    2. More interactions with animations, especially the romance ones from TS2 and 3.
    3. CASt and the colour wheel
    4. Eyelashes and all categories of make-up for men
    5. Autoroofs and round roofs
    6. Real community lots with community objects (TS2 style restaurants and shops would be great, rather than the rabbit-holes from TS3)
    7. CAS: The option to save Sims individually and I would prefer sliders rather than the grab and drag
    8. It's really annoying that Sims keep sitting down while talking and the musical chairs during meals is tedious
    9. To be able to queue actions for sleeping Sims (I know it's possible, but as soon as they get up, it's all gone)
    10. Sims actually doing the things in their action queue, not wandering off after a little while to do something else
    11. Private chats becoming group chat whenever a random Sim decides to join

As to toddlers; yes, I want them back, but with the option to age them up immediately. Would be also nice if they couldn't die. The mortality rate of toddlers in TS3 was horrific due to SP and open world.

Open world; It would be nice to see it back, or at least partly. Others had suggested it before that either open neighbourhoods or a big open community area would be a good compromise. I agree.
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    Hey guys, (lurker here), I think it's obvious by now that the community is not entirely happy with the game as it stands now; and those who say they are still could have better feelings about the game.

I've read the majority of the "disappointment thread" and the general consensus is that we want TS2 sims in a TS3 world with the improvments TS4 has made like CAS. Obviously a lot of that is no longer possible to implement like Create-A-Style or a fully open world without a complete overhaul of the game engine which we know EA is not willing to make.
    So here's my question to you all: what changes CAN be made to make TS4 a game you would like to play?
    (Try to keep your answers restricted to what you think is necessary for a "base game")

*snip*

My first reaction was to laugh at ",,,,not entirely happy..."! Now, to the question, how to "fix" The Sims 4.....start over?

I know, I know, but I don't think they can actually fix it as it is right now. They should rename it to The Sims 1.5 Social Media Players Version, and get started on a REAL continuation of the franchise. What do I want in it? Awesome build tools, with all of the features we have enjoyed in TS2 and TS3, and more, sch as that cool, "move the room" feature. I like that, but I won't buy a game for just that. I want at least 4-5 floors above ground, multi-level basements, complete terrain tools, with swimmable water on lots AND in the world, and FLOWING water, and waterfalls made easy, I want more roof patterns, and heck, let's make the color changeable on those, eh? CASt is a MUST, for building and sims. I want plenty of space for building in pre-made worlds, so I don't have to delete lots to create. I want good families, and a way to utterly remove those I don't like, without the game crashing. I want a good variety of usable community lots, and no rabbit holes, save MAYBE things like tomb exploration, and for that, I want cut scenes. I want the open world. That's a MUST now. I want intuitive sim creation, with all the best from TS2 and TS3, plenty of traits, and logical ways they work together, favorites, turn ons and offs, points to assign for neatness, niceness, etc, as TS2 had, tons of options for hair, including layers and whatnot as TS3 gave, makeup sliders, tattoos and piercings for those that want them, lash sliders, bust, heenie, shoulder width, etc sliders, and HEIGHT!!! Come on, there has to be a way for SOME variety! ALL life stages must be included, and be distinctive from one another. Infant (NOT object), toddler, child, pre-teen (yes, a new one), teen, young adult, adult, and elder. All should have plenty of clothing, and hair, and accessories. Hats should be separate, and not have hair go through them. Ditto boots, for crying out loud! Some to go over the pants, some under, but none shold show through a pant leg! Same for hair and similar issues. Hair should MOVE naturally. If I don't care about that, I'll play Minecraft. There need to be plenty of jobs, and all should have the usual ten stages, with some having multiple branches, as we have had. Let us SEE the sims all working. Office guys sitting at a desk on a computer, teachers teaching, students learning. If we are bored, WE can choose to do something else while they are there, but let us SEE. No evil rabbitholes. Businesses should function as they did in TS2, with the ability to really shop IN the stores. I loved building shops in TS2 *still do, actually), and other cool lots. I want real lots, and lots of them. Grocery stores, clothing stores, electronics, stores, toy stores, etc. Gyms, laundromats, thrift stores, hospitals, schools, restaurants they can eat in, and we SEE them eating, nightclubs, bowling alleys, pools, beaches, parks, spas we can see inside, beauty parlors/barbers, tattoo parlors, and so forth. Real lots the sims can use, and where they can meet other sims. Real shopping! Buyable, as in OFB. Easier to play, as that was, too. Churches! Come on; tons of people build then and make custom content, and it's simple enough to make some for all of the major world religions. Oh, and Christmas stuff that isn't all secular, please! Real holidays from the start. Players can choose which ones the sims celebrate from a list, and uncheck any they don't want, just like we do now for supernaturals in TS3. Weather, please, from day ONE. A variety of deaths, like TS2-3, and no stupid potty humor, please! There is literally a 40 year age range here for players, and NONE want that nonsense we see in TS4 now. None. No puddles, no "bros", and so forth. Life, not bad sitcoms.

I want real families. Parents, kids, and, this is a must, WE control the "orientation" of every single sim, premade or our own, with one simple click. WE set all of that. Players have different wishes for that, and that should be left to the players. Family time, rocking and feeding babies, changing tables, swings, high chairs, baby tubs, toys toddlers can learn from, child toys for fun and learning, tricycles, toy cars they can ride in, kid bikes with baskets, horns, streamers, etc., step stools, tooth brushing, face washing, rubber ducks, teddy bears and dolls, heck, even the creepy imaginary friends, homework the kids place on desks (or wherever the convenient marker states), pre-teen activities, teen stuff, sleepovers, dating, first kisses, sneaking out, parties with the parents gone, water balloons at other sims, cars, whatever, and so forth. Strollers, canes, heck, wheelchairs. We want the sims to learn and grow. You know, we want to play with life. Gee, didn't someone say that?

We want items that are useful, and coordinate, or not. Hence CASt! Bunk beds from day one. pools, with slides and diving boards, and various floating things - rafts, pool balls they can play with, tubes, etc. Drivable cars, garages we can attach to foundations without cheats, stairs that have adjustable landings, even against walls, built-in shelving, window seats, cellar doors (PLEASE!!!, and would LOVE custom ones, if anyone knows where to locate them!), good fountains, better decor items, curved walls, and non-90-degree wall angles, elevators and escalators, electronic/automatic doors, more sports stuff (and I am not even a sorts fan) - tennis courts, ping pong tables, volleyball, pool tables, foosball, video games (no pimps, please), baseball, football, soccer, basketball, bowling, and so on. Don't make us wait for expansions for everything. BOATS, for crying out loud, and here's a hint - canoes, paddle boats, and rowboats should be usable on LOTS, too!

Expansions should be for vacations, adventures, and so forth. Supernaturals, alright, since some don't want them. New worlds, and so on. Real amusement parks, with more rides - coasters, carousel, boat rides, rocket rides, car rides, planes, midway games, thrill rides like an octopus, gravitron, etc. Haunted house we can go through with them (walk or ride), bumper cars, and so on. That would be an AWESOME expansion for TS3, too, instead of piecemeal store content!

That's what I want, to buy another sims game. Otherwise, I have years of play in the ones I own now.
  • Options
    jbblue19jbblue19 Posts: 1 New Member
    Any improvements to the game would be nice, because I would like to see the game be able to take off and new expansions be produced as a hard copy and digital. Sadly I would list more but unfortunately I missed the discussion on what I would like to see in a future expansion
  • Options
    jen354011jen354011 Posts: 4 New Member
    I have purchased every single sims game religiously since the sims 1, however I haven't purchased the sims 4 and don't think I will until there are toddlers. I NEED the family tree function as well! The whole point of The Sims for me is generational game play! Finally, I would like to see realistic heights for teens, adults, and elders.
  • Options
    SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    edited February 2015
    Everything that was said for the last 15 PAGES! I'm not even going to put my personal wishlist because it is all up there. This game has been out for less than a year, and it is still able to be saved, you just NEED to put in the time and effort to save it! And NOT in "EP"s or "SP"s or "GP"s, in a FREE update, for all!

EDIT: Here is most of the stuff I want in. Not going to waste my time putting in the rest because I can guarentee it is somewhere on this thread.
    > @Glimmer50 said:
    > JULES1111 wrote: »
    >
    > The only way I would consider buying this is with the following:
    >
    > 1. Get rid of the linear goal oriented play, or at least the option to opt out of it
    > 2. Fully fleshed out toddlers (which I would not pay for, patch away or put it up as free DLC)
    > 3. Unchain the babies from their bassinets
    > 4. Family tree
    > 5. Story progression
    > 6. Bigger neighborhoods
    > 7. Loading screens between neighborhoods only, no lot to lot
    > 8. Unlock common items from buy mode, career rewards should be separate and special items for that career
    > 9. NPC's police, firemen ect.
    > 10. Graves even if they die off lot, and a cemetery
    >
    > And for the love of pete fix the bugs!!!
    >
    > I'll stop there, the rest I could get later.
    >
    > It will never happen, but hey it's fun making lists!
    Post edited by SharkDO on
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • Options
    NanohurtzNanohurtz Posts: 280 Member
    SharkDO wrote: »
    Everything that was said for the last 15 PAGES!!!!! I'm not even going to put my personal wishlist because it is all up there. This game has been out for less than a year, and it is still able to be saved, you just NEED to put in the time and effort to save it! And NOT in "EP"s or "SP"s or "GP"s, in a FREE update, for all!

I made the plunge just before EA offered it for free mysteriously. I don't think I would have made the purchase after the trial offer. SIMS3 right now is life, and I'm going to stick around playing it until SIMS4 catches up. At least I have the base and hopefully future DLC's may be free :)
    Graciella_Base_Drama.jpg
    Bio: Architect - Interior Decorator - Celebetante
    Played: SimCity, SimAnt, SimEarth, SIMS1, SIMS2, SIMS3, SIM4 (oh gawd why?)
    Status: Ecstatic +40, Updating Rochelle of Kendleton - Episode II.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Well the Astronaut Pro they should have to workout too,not just chess.
  • Options
    LunchLunch Posts: 4 New Member
    Toddlers
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited February 2015
    I would like some improvements to the Aspiration system. One thing that would make many players happy is that we could choose Rotational/Concrete Aspiration or Sandbox/Aspiration that feels more abstract and gives players freedom. Also a Create an Aspiration would be awesome feature, like if we could choose from many tasks and we could put them to a one Aspiration. Also emotion system needs to be improved. The way how our Sims' emotions change is way too fast in my opinion. However, this could be fixed so that only Sims who have very strong traits are more likely to have stronger emotions faster (but NOT always!) Also I remember that somebody made an awesome mod (was it Zerbu? :D ) that allows Sims to have new moodlets. We NEED memory moodlets for Sims 4! Such as 'Childhood memories' etc. We also need some old school cameras for our Sims so that they could make a family portrait (oh, and family trees as well!)
    These are some features that I currently want for Sims 4:
    - Cars
    - Boats
    - Swimming in the ocean/lakes
    - Family Trees
    - Toddlers
    - Bikes
    - Baby objects, such as a baby mat, baby swing or a stroller
    - Animated clocks (PLEASE consider making those similar to the Sims 1/2! Also it would be awesome if Sims had to pull the clock sometimes)
    - Basements
    - More floors for houses
    - Aspiration options (Rotational Aspirations and Sandbox Aspirations + Create an Aspiration!)
    - More romantic interactions
    - Shopping malls for Sims
    - Dishwashers and trash compactors
    - Sprinklers for gardens and for all ages of Sims to play with (but not for babies and toddlers of course xD)
  • Options
    SimsNinja22SimsNinja22 Posts: 5 New Member
    -Add more lots (Hospital, Diner, Theater, etc)
    -Receive custom content when you download an item from the gallery. Kind of like the Exchange in TS3.
    -Add option to choose specific span of specific ages like in TS3.
    -Bed assignment!!! Simple as that. I think everyone misses this one.
    -Take away less fun while gardening! Gardening takes up so much time on TS4 so by the time I'm done, my Sim is completely bored out of their mind so I am left with no other option than to watch TV for hours straight.
    -BASEMENTS!!!
    -Add the option to place foundation the way walls are placed.
    -Untimed parties for prestige events. I miss having all-night parties!
    -Open neighborhoods! I hate having a loading screen to get to my neighbor's house which I can LITERALLY see is a couple feet away.
    -Bring back spiral staircases! General ones take up so much space I miss the spiral option.
  • Options
    Kristen1641Kristen1641 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2015
    I would love a lot of things added to the game - some simple, some requiring expansions I guess.

Want

Toddlers back - loved teaching them how to walk and stuff. I dont know why they got rid of them

Gardener - I know its been a while but its so nice to have one and I miss it.

Nanny - I miss that old gal, I didn't like the babysitter who would just neglect and ignore the kids. Made it so frustrating going out anywhere. Plus its just funny to watch the Nanny struggle over twins.

Better hair - There have never been enough or good enough hairstyles.

School/Career expansion - where you can follow them to work and help them with their job or follow your kid to school and have them build relationships there, study in class, improve skills, and experience life events like bullying, crushes, etc. I think it would be really cool.

Daycare - Maybe for after school or for toddlers of parents who are working. The babies could make friends with aging baby sims there.

The ability to open windows - I just think this would be cool, especially when seasons get included where rain could make its way in if you forget to close them. Also the ability to sit in the window nooks.

Seasons - You could have air conditioners for the summer and heaters for the winter or fans. I think this would be a neat addition. And make the seasons longer, I feel like the seasons are too short (but i guess it fits if you have a normal sims lifespan)

Pets- Add farming! Cows, sheep, pigs, etc. It would be cool to be able to have it as a career and also them as pets. The minor pets need more to them, lifespans, wandering ability, etc.

More customization options - why cant i have a white door with white frame? Why a blue door with white frame instead? wut?

Less darkness - I feel like the houses are really dark. Even when I'm building I have a hard time determining correct shades because even with several lights in the room its still dim.

Hot tubs - I like that they made bigger baths and more options but why is this left out?

I doubt open world could occur but it would be nice if the neighborhood was open so I could walk across the street to visit my neighbor.

Stop people from disappearing - people have been going missing from my relationships panel if I haven't talked to them in a while. Its just weird and kind of annoying to have to track them down at their house to chat with them again - again it wouldn't be as annoying if not for the loading screen.

Science careers and military - classic careers that we had before

Auto roofs - I never liked making custom roofs - I dont like having to spend more than 30 seconds on my roof if possible, just pick the style, and pattern and then boom, roof. I love the options they give us for making our own but it would be nice to have auto roof back

Pool inside or on the roof - always cool for when winter is added.

Basements - Always a plus
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Honestly, I don't know that this would make Sims 4 'better', but EA could drop the price to $19.99. A good price point I think, people might be more willing to risk. To keep from making current owners angry(er), EA could offer them $30.00 of 'credit' towards the (likely coming) online store. I would think it would jump-start sales, which means more people have the base, and thus a broader base for EPs and stuff packs. Additionally, since people only had to spend $20.00 on the base, they might be more likely to spend the difference on expansions/stuff packs.

This won't fix it for me, but it might stop the bleeding. It would certainly look like a goodwill gesture...which is why it probably won't happen.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    simmer00simmer00 Posts: 17 Member
    > @Darleymikey said:
    > Honestly, I don't know that this would make Sims 4 'better', but EA could drop the price to $19.99. A good price point I think, people might be more willing to risk. To keep from making current owners angry(er), EA could offer them $30.00 of 'credit' towards the (likely coming) online store. I would think it would jump-start sales, which means more people have the base, and thus a broader base for EPs and stuff packs. Additionally, since people only had to spend $20.00 on the base, they might be more likely to spend the difference on expansions/stuff packs.
    >
    > This won't fix it for me, but it might stop the bleeding. It would certainly look like a goodwill gesture...which is why it probably won't happen.

I think EA would gain a lot of customers if they did lower the price point, like you said. I know a few people who would really love to have TS4, but they aren't willing to pay the high price for it.