Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know it's bad when...

Comments

• horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    Almost everyone knows this game is crap. Notice I said ALMOST everyone. There are still a few stragglers who are still holding own to an allusion that things are going to be better. EA even knows it's crap. That's exactly why they are putting off the first ep for nearly a year. They want to see if the game completely bombs out before they invest any money in an ep that may not sale.

I don't really appreciate the words you used there for those, like me, who still have faith in this game.

I don't see what is offensive. Stragglers basically means people who are slower reaching the destination. For example, I was a straggler, until I finally opened my eyes to why I was completely bored of Sims 4. There's definitely been a few who were defending the game, that are changing their views. Myself, Selena and one other who's name escapes me at the moment. It's fine having faith in the game. But she is just saying in time, she believes those who still hold out for the sims 4, may end up in the same position as myself and others.

I'm going to say it. When you liked the game, you would have been one of the first ones to cry foul at some of the stuff posted about people who like the game. In fact you very often did complain about being marginalised and bullied. Now you have a different opinion, suddenly all that stuff gets a free pass.

It shouldn't be hard for us to discuss how differently we feel about the game, without using inflammatory words.

Actually if I was still defending the game, I still wouldn't find it offensive. I might think "yeah right" and roll my eyes, but I wouldn't find it offensive, because really it's not an offensive word. Now folks are just grasping at straws I feel.

The very fact that you are now projecting onto me what I'd do, when in reality, I would not of, says you don't know me at all. So please. Avoid projecting what I'd do in x circumstance.

I may not know you personally, but I've seen enough of your posts to think that some of the stuff you've posted recently is very similar to the comments you used to complain about. Just wanted to say something about it in case you didn't realise how you might be coming across to some people.

Well you know why I am posting the way I do? I forked over $70 for a game I thought was complete. I enjoyed 6 days worth of it, then grew bored of the title. And seeing EA actually reply the way they do, it's made me pretty angry and frustrated, as well as disappointed. And the only way to let EA know that I for one, wont stand for their greedy lazy tactics, is to voice my outrage at them. I really don't care if people compare me to others I used to complain about. If anything I have a greater understanding and empathy for the ones I used to complain about than I ever did.

I believe in honesty, and not sugar coating stuff. Believe me, there's words I'd love to use, but the forum rules prohibit them, so I don't. But there is someone to blame for this entire situation. It's not me. It's not the millions of disappointed players, and no it's not even the ones who still like the game. The blame rests solely on EA/Maxis. They could of done a hell of a lot better when making a sims 4, than they did. But they opted to use an mmo sims engine that they canceled and rebranded as sims 4. With it's limitations intact. They took shortcuts with the excuses "It's too hard", "It's too expensive" and "It's not worth it".

Want to blame someone for the massive amounts of negative threads on the forums, for all the massive amounts of negative reviews on the internet and youtube? Blame EA/Maxis. If they did a game that could of been considered a true sequel to Sims 1, 2 and 3, these forums would look a hell of a lot different than they do today. Reviews would be coming out that were giving good scores. But even EA/Maxis knew they were selling junk, and wanted to make sure people didn't actually know what they were buying, by not giving any reviewer a copy before release, to review. EA/Maxis knew what was coming. And they deserve every single bit of what the simming community is giving them.

That's all well and good, but by posting the way you do sometimes, you're also attacking other players who disagree with your views. You might not mean it, but by saying things like you now have your eyes open it can imply that others who have a different opinion don't.

I should also add that I expect there to be a lot of threads with complaints/requests for change on here, because quite frankly the game has lots of things wrong with it. But just because I don't think that the sims 4 is "the best game ever" doesn't mean I should dismiss or insult the ones who do. I mean, sometimes we all make mistakes, but shouldn't we all try to respect each other, and not dismiss it when someone says, "actually I really didn't like what you said, or how you said it"?

For the record, I like the game but it is far from perfect.

I've not attacked anyone on these threads. I've only targeted the game and put the blame squarely where it belongs, on EA/Maxis. Unless you are saying you work for EA/Maxis and hence why you feel attacked. Honestly, when people start nitpicking and trying to find reason to complain about people complaining, then it is time to walk away from the discussion.

As has been stated in the past and is true today: If you don't like the subject of a thread, and you know what the discussion is about and will easily be upset by it, then don't read it. Again, the only ones responsible for this situation, isn't me. It's the other disappointed people. It's EA/Maxis. Don't like seeing all the complaint threads, force them to make a quality product and stop trying to rip customers off. Good luck with that.

Anyways that's all I have to say. People want to get their knickers in a knot because people dislike the direction of the game or the quality of the game, that's their business. I'm not going to fight with people who like the game. Good day to you.

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/r/lalala.gif[/img]

I was merely pointing out that you seem to displaying a different attitude towards other posters sometimes, since your opinion of the game changed. You have been engaging in some behaviour that you used to complain about. A lot. Nothing about hating or loving the game.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited January 2015
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    "They took shortcuts with the excuses "It's too hard", "It's too expensive" and "It's not worth it"".

Right there, for me you said it all.
    I strongly bellieve, and even more so after that "bear affair" in their latest G.P, that the mindset has been dictated by a very smart guy, who told them "hey, here's how to make maximal profit dudes". By maximum profit I mean when the benefits gets optimum, sheer money-making if you will. So now, they cut expanses on a stuff like a bear... a bear! They went as far as to say that a bear would cost too much. So the truth behind this is: "no true bear won't have as much a negative impact on our sales than it costs us" (don't know wether I'm clear or not there).

To sum up, it's like selling a bad car for 10 000$ for 1M models as opposed to sell a high quality car for 30 000$ for 2M models sold.

So the obvious question is: what do players still expect from such a company?

Yo, the gamepack is already well worth it's price compared to some other things that have been sold at the game price. A bear would be pushing it.

So why even putting dudes in bear costume?
    I'm not denying the "price/quality compared to what has been done before". What I say is either you do something (put bears) or you don't put them at all. But doing something inbetween (dudes in bear costume) isn't good for a game that is still searching it's identity.
  • RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    "They took shortcuts with the excuses "It's too hard", "It's too expensive" and "It's not worth it"".

I strongly bellieve, and even more so after that "bear affair" in their latest G.P, that the mindset has been dictated by a very smart guy, who told them "hey, here's how to make maximal profit dudes". By maximum profit I mean when the benefits gets optimum, sheer money-making if you will. So now, they cut expanses on a stuff like a bear... a bear! They went as far as to say that a bear would cost too much. So the truth behind this is: "no true bear won't have as much a negative impact on our sales than it costs us" (don't know wether I'm clear or not there).

To sum up, it's like selling a bad car for 10 000$ for 1M models as opposed to sell a high quality car for 30 000$ for 2M models sold.

Yo, the gamepack is already well worth it's price compared to some other things that have been sold at the game price. A bear would be pushing it.

So why even putting dudes in bear costume? What I say is either you do something (put bears) or you don't put them at all. But doing something inbetween (dudes in bear costume) isn't good for a game that is still searching it's identity.

Because dudes in bears costumes are much easier to make than ai bears... I can't believe you're complaining that they shouldn't have put something in the game.

I have to agree with this. Except the part about the bear lol. The GP is definitely better value for money than a lot of content I bought from the sims 3 store.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member

So why even putting dudes in bear costume? What I say is either you do something (put bears) or you don't put them at all. But doing something inbetween (dudes in bear costume) isn't good for a game that is still searching it's identity.

Because dudes in bears costumes are much easier to make than ai bears... I can't believe you're complaining that they shouldn't have put something in the game.

Not a *half* something is what I say.

Not a *half* something is what I say.

I think they probably did that to avoid the inevitable backlash that would have come if they offered a camping pack without something like a NPC bear in it.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    TessaLee74 wrote: »
    You know it's bad when you've had your nights completely to yourself the past month and have had no desire to binge on Sims 4, even with a new game pack. Putting myself in the line of being pointed and laughed at, I have never played Sims 2. All the talk about it on here has peaked my interest though. Would it be worth trying to hunt it down?
    Yes yes yes yes.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    You know it's bad when...

the chipmunk!!!

:|

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Almost everyone knows this game is crap. Notice I said ALMOST everyone. There are still a few stragglers who are still holding own to an allusion that things are going to be better. EA even knows it's crap. That's exactly why they are putting off the first ep for nearly a year. They want to see if the game completely bombs out before they invest any money in an ep that may not sale.

I don't really appreciate the words you used there for those, like me, who still have faith in this game.

I don't see what is offensive. Stragglers basically means people who are slower reaching the destination. For example, I was a straggler, until I finally opened my eyes to why I was completely bored of Sims 4. There's definitely been a few who were defending the game, that are changing their views. Myself, Selena and one other who's name escapes me at the moment. It's fine having faith in the game. But she is just saying in time, she believes those who still hold out for the sims 4, may end up in the same position as myself and others.

I still think it is really offensive to me. I don't see myself as a 'straggler' nor do I think I'm ever going to change my opinion on how I feel about the game. People just need to stop assuming that I'm going to change my mind because others have. I finally have a game that suits my play style, so I'm not going to easily give up on it.
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited January 2015

I still think it is really offensive to me. I don't see myself as a 'straggler' nor do I think I'm ever going to change my opinion on how I feel about the game. People just need to stop assuming that I'm going to change my mind because others have. I finally have a game that suits my play style, so I'm not going to easily give up on it.

Agreed. I haven't changed my mind and I don't think I'm going to. I find the game fun and that's all that matters when it comes to a game.

Playing a game you don't like in an attempt to force yourself to like it is a silly thing to do; a giant waste of your time. Especially for someone like me who has too many games on my backlog already. I have over 200 games on Steam alone (stupid Steam and their stupid sales, ::grumble, grumble::). I have 20+ for my Vita, 30+ for my 3DS and...a lot more for my DS (which you can play on the 3DS). Not to mention all of the other systems I own...the Gameboy Color/Advance, PSP, Genesis, SNES, PS1/PS2/PS3, Xbox/Xbox 360, Wii/Wii U...I'm never going to get through all of them.
    34336_s.gif
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    I agree. I was one of this games biggest supporters, and now its back to sims 2 for me.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    I agree. I was one of this games biggest supporters, and now its back to sims 2 for me.

Yeah, I been finding myself really enjoying the sims 2. Kinda sad when you think about it. A 12 year old game, is better than a game that came out in 2014. So these 2 images really speak volume of the direction of sims 4 in my eyes:

gyh9t.jpg

r3yehHI.jpg
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    edited January 2015

Yeah, I been finding myself really enjoying the sims 2. Kinda sad when you think about it. A 12 year old game, is better than a game that came out in 2014. So these 2 images really speak volume of the direction of sims 4 in my eyes:

gyh9t.jpg

r3yehHI.jpg

That's ironic; I find myself trying to play different ways and am ending up appreciating TS4 a bit more. That's just my take (plus I'm testing something right now in the comments. Don't mind me....)\

Edit: Oh, good. It worked!
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited January 2015

What's sad about it? The age of a game doesn't impact it quality. Three of my favorite games of all time are Final Fantasy IV (a 24 year old game), Beyond Good & Evil (a 12 year old game) and Knights of the Old Republic (a 12 year old game). That's like saying it's sad a movie that came out last year doesn't match up to the quality of The Wizard of Oz or something.

On another note...I will never see what people like about TS2. I hate that game, it is so boring. But whatever, games are all about fun so play the one that's the most fun for you.
    34336_s.gif
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »

Saying almost everyone is just as faulty as saying everyone. You simply have no way of knowing if that is the case or not. The people silently enjoying the game still exist, even if they are not letting you know how they feel about it.

All I see here is someone who is "dissapointed" and who is lashing out. Maybe you believe you are aiming at EA, but you are in reality insulting those who thinks differently than you. Other players, other people. People who have a different opinion than you. There has been so much talk around here about how we need to understand "the dissapointed", but when reading stuff like this, for me, it is impossible. Direct your "dissapointment" at the company responsible for creating the product you are so "dissapointed" in, not at other players. This is just immature and mean.

@ZhakiraP Hear, Hear! :)
    HSau :)
  • BunnDaleBunnDale Posts: 165 Member
    I've gone back to TS2...
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    You know it's bad when you've had your nights completely to yourself the past month and have had no desire to binge on Sims 4, even with a new game pack. Putting myself in the line of being pointed and laughed at, I have never played Sims 2. All the talk about it on here has peaked my interest though. Would it be worth trying to hunt it down?

Absolutely! You can get the base game off sites like Amazon. Just get the base, when you get one contact Origin customer service, and they will put the Sims 2 Ultimate collection in your account. You can get the whole marvelous experience at once. Plus the disks are harder to use now because they shut down support for it, so you have to do a run around with only the disk.

No one would laugh. There are many people who have not got the chance to play it yet. I do believe you will enjoy it, it is most certainly the best Sims game ever made IMO. :D
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I can't go back to the sims 3. It's too broken for me to play and I don't have the second game, besides, I like the fourth game.

You should check my wall, someone left me links to mods that actually fix the problems with sims 3's coding. All one really needs is error trap and Overwatch. The moment I got those 2 mods, the game runs like a jewel. Yeah I still got a long load screen. But it is THE ONLY load screen.

Edit: Also, for the record. Sims 4's programming is even worse than sims 3. And that's pretty darn bad.

The Sims 4 is nowhere near as bad as The Sims 3, in terms of bugs and glitches. The biggest game-breaking problems we've had with The Sims 4 is things like fridges not working, being unable to travel, and a few other things which can ALL be fixed by clearing out your Cache in your documents, which seems to happen to people playing on Windows 8. Very simple fix, no mods required. They do need to fix it so the game deletes the Cache manually, though.

The Sims 3 has mountains of bugs STILL present in the game. Two game breaking ones are:

- The fact the Sims 3 doesn't have access to enough RAM and closes the game. This is something that can't be "modded" or "fixed" unless EA decide to make the game 64 bit compatible. So people who play the game in depth suffer crashes and the only way to "help" the situation is by downloading a tool or mod found on here: http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.bestgoo.com/t16668-sims-3-appcrash
    That doesn't 100% solve the situation though, just slows it down.

- The fact the Sims 3 suffers Errors Such as 12 & 13 that stop players even being able to save, and constantly having to save a new game each time, that causes another bug which can either corrupt the save or stop it from being opened.

Those issues are game breaking, and both have temporary fixes but do not fix the problems long term. The fact that you even said there are a lit of mods to make the game playable, while the most Sims 4 players have to do is clear the Cache says it all.

Wrong. I clear my cache before I played EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Every game breaking bug is still there.

HCSau wrote: »
    Everyone is ditching this game and going back to the Sims 2 or 3. So thanks EAxis, you've totally ruined this game!

677.gif

Be careful when using the word 'everyone', because it can make one sound pretty silly when it's not accurate. I haven't been asked if I've ditched the game, and I'm part of that group - everyone.
    When someone has asked every single simmer, and every simmer has given the same answer, that's when a person can make sweeping statements about what everyone is thinking. Until then, the only statements that a person can make are those that are in connection with what they know about themselves.
    No one on this forum knows what I'm thinking unless I write it on here, and I've been honest about the game. But I've only ever stated my opinion, and I would never impose my opinions on others. I really like the Sims 4, and although it is not perfect it is a good game for me. Hence, as I have not ditched the game, it renders the above statement false.
    I don't mean any offence by this commentary. I just don't like people imposing their thoughts on me. :)

I've already clarified this for another simmer but since you haven't seemed to read the comments, here you go;

It's an exaggeration and I'm very well aware that I have no idea what every single simmer on the face of the planet is doing in regards to this game. That's all I have to say about that.

God, you post one thing that people don't agree with and they find the littlest thing to nitpick about when it's not even the main focus of the original post lol

EDIT: spelling

@xitneverendss It's not an exaggeration, it's a sweeping statement that everyone dislikes the game when you're only stating that you don't. You are free to think otherwise. And for the record, nitpicking is picking up a small point and riding on that; I was commenting on your comment as a whole.
    And I'm afraid you've taken things a little too personally here. You expressed an opinion - someone stated theirs, and because theirs was in opposition to yours, they're nitpicking? If you can't take your opinions being confronted, and read by others that may not agree, in what ought to be a discussion, I'm not sure what to say.
    Moreover, I did write in my first post,
    "I don't mean any offence by this commentary."
    I suppose that you may not have read that part, hence, here it is again.
    HSau :)
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited February 2015
    ZhakiraP wrote: »

Saying almost everyone is just as faulty as saying everyone. You simply have no way of knowing if that is the case or not. The people silently enjoying the game still exist, even if they are not letting you know how they feel about it.

All I see here is someone who is "dissapointed" and who is lashing out. Maybe you believe you are aiming at EA, but you are in reality insulting those who thinks differently than you. Other players, other people. People who have a different opinion than you. There has been so much talk around here about how we need to understand "the dissapointed", but when reading stuff like this, for me, it is impossible. Direct your "dissapointment" at the company responsible for creating the product you are so "dissapointed" in, not at other players. This is just immature and mean.

When I said almost that does not mean every single person that plays the sims 4 dislikes the sims 4. There are also a lot of people that don't like the sims 4 that you probably will never hear from either. Lets be honest here, there are a lot of negativity about the sims 4 on the forum. I am not the only one that feels this way. Am I disappointed? Yes I am very disappointed with the game. How was I directing my disappointment at anyone on here. If you will read my post I said (EA even knows it's crap.) I don't see anything immature or mean about my post. If you think so then I hate it for you.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member

I'm going to say it. When you liked the game, you would have been one of the first ones to cry foul at some of the stuff posted about people who like the game. In fact you very often did complain about being marginalised and bullied. Now you have a different opinion, suddenly all that stuff gets a free pass.

It shouldn't be hard for us to discuss how differently we feel about the game, without using inflammatory words.

Actually if I was still defending the game, I still wouldn't find it offensive. I might think "yeah right" and roll my eyes, but I wouldn't find it offensive, because really it's not an offensive word. Now folks are just grasping at straws I feel.

The very fact that you are now projecting onto me what I'd do, when in reality, I would not of, says you don't know me at all. So please. Avoid projecting what I'd do in x circumstance.

People do have the right to change their minds you know. Maybe nilanius played the game and found out it was not all it was cracked up to be. He is not the only person on here that thought they liked the game then changed their minds.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2015
    I admit I changed my mind about the Sims 4. I went from it's so shiny and new and exciting to playing it until I found out how many of my play styles were removed from it. So I'm at a neutral/disappointed point with it now. Lack of toddlers and family trees and glitches are a huge factor for my enjoyment right now. I'm just losing hope for the franchise and for the first time wanted a refund for my game after having someone try to force their game play on me today. I don't want to be forced to love a game or hear that it's too hard to do something or that the fourth game needs to be completely different from the earlier versions of the series.. I still think the Gurus are capable of turning the Sims 4 around and making it a great game. But will people posting on Twitter allow the change? That I don't know.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I just want to be able to have more lots or create new towns. Those towns are too tiny, but I am still having fun and creating custom content :)
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    I understand those who say they're waiting to see in what direction the game will go. As far as adding back in some of the features that were not included in the base game. What I don't get is those who say there is nothing that could be done to the game to make them ever want to play it. Why spend so much time and energy here? And of course I know you have the right to be here. But why would you even want to?
  • TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    edited February 2015
    > @Simulator4 said:
    > I understand those who say they're waiting to see in what direction the game will go. As far as adding back in some of the features that were not included in the base game. What I don't get is those who say there is nothing that could be done to the game to make them ever want to play it. Why spend so much time and energy here? And of course I know you have the right to be here. But why would you even want to?

Fighting for something you very much enjoy? Die-hard fans do exactly that...die-hard.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited February 2015
    > @Simulator4 said:
    > I understand those who say they're waiting to see in what direction the game will go. As far as adding back in some of the features that were not included in the base game. What I don't get is those who say there is nothing that could be done to the game to make them ever want to play it. Why spend so much time and energy here? And of course I know you have the right to be here. But why would you even want to?

Fighting for something you very much enjoy? Die-hard fans do exactly that...die-hard.
    Exatly!
    He/Him