Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Well, I tried it and my Sim died of Epic Mortification or something like that when his insane girlfriend declined his proposal. :P Game over. lol I didn't quit though. I just brought him back into the game from the gallery and tried again. Now he has a better wife and two kids. Definitely fun and crazy. I'm not keeping points. She's wet herself too often to be in the positive anyway. Oh and it's a good thing my TH was the one that caught on fire or he'd be a gonner. lol I was able to have him extinguish himself. I'll leave the cooking up to his NTH wife. :P
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @naniminna - Good luck! Although, be used to being in the negatives. Sometimes the massive negative score is half the fun/humor of playing an ISBI. I know my Goths were always taunting me with triple digits . . .

@AJLOVER01 - Daww, sorry to hear about your lost save! But your new founder looks great, good luck with the 2nd go-around!

@Rawla - Oh noes! Omg, that emotion death has me terrified. I just know one of my sims is gonna die from it one of these days and I'll probably throw a fit . . . Good luck with your next try! :) (and no fires! In the words of South Park, Fire is bad, mmkay? :D )
  • AJLOVER01AJLOVER01 Posts: 120 Member
    Here is Amber and Don's son Don Jr.
    06MjcWt.png
  • dethdukkdethdukk Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Hey, just a few quick questions (might have been answered, I'm too lazy to check >.>).

Are age reset items okay to use?

Do you have to try to get a baby ASAP, or can you spend your time with the TH Sim as you see fit, so long as they have 2+ kids before they die?

When the scoring specifies a non-torch holder, does this include any prior torch holders as well? As in, if I pass the torch to the heir, then the previous torch holder completes his career, do I get the points for that?
    Post edited by dethdukk on
  • naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    @ajlover First of all, I love your gorgeous sim! Like holy crap. Where do you get your makeup and hair cc?

@Rawla I want to apologize because when I read the account of what happened to your torch holder I about died laughing. So I apologize. I didn't know sims could die from hurt feelings? It's never happened to me before... I'm glad round 2 is going wayyy better. =)

@Lynnwood‌ I'm not in the negatives yet, but I suspect as time goes on I will end up in them. I had to rework my entire house so then my sims had a bathroom for showering and another for using the toilet. With the lack of money atm I had to split the bathrooms in order for them to take showers and poop of their own accord without getting embarrassed. The dad and daughter always walk in on each other! ><
    naniminna wrote: »
    @ajlover First of all, I love your gorgeous sim! Like holy crap. Where do you get your makeup and hair cc?
    I got the hair and makeup from The Sims Resource.

Well my TH and Don had 2 more kids.

This is Kyle.
    M5xQBvj.png

This is Jessica my next TH.
    e2RB7lw.png
    Cute little munchkins. =)

I can't post pictures or links yet, but the name of my blog is

glowingdaleisbisims4challenge . wordpress. com

So, Lynnwood, I was wondering if you would mind adding it to your list? I'm having fun so far, and even though I cna't really share on the forum like I'd like, it's still be fun to be on the list! =)
  • dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    Cute little munchkins. =)

I can't post pictures or links yet, but the name of my blog is

glowingdaleisbisims4challenge . wordpress. com

So, Lynnwood, I was wondering if you would mind adding it to your list? I'm having fun so far, and even though I cna't really share on the forum like I'd like, it's still be fun to be on the list! =)

Just check out your blog. Love it I followed. I really like the fact that the chapters are letters to her parents. Can't wait to read more.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales

@Rawla I want to apologize because when I read the account of what happened to your torch holder I about died laughing. So I apologize. I didn't know sims could die from hurt feelings? It's never happened to me before... I'm glad round 2 is going wayyy better. =)

*giggles* You are completely justified in laughing. I sure did. No apology is needed. lol

@dethdukk - Age reset items - hmmmmm . . . interesting question (that has not yet been addressed). I think I'll use Pinstar's ruling for the regular legacy challenge. You're allowed to use the youth elixir ONCE per sim, per lifetime. But no more than that.

You don't have to have kids right away, you can wait as long as you want. You're just required to, at some point, create/adopt at least 2 children per generation.

When the scoring says NTH, it means sims who are not and have never been a torch holder. Former torch holders do not count for NTH scoring.

@naniminna - Adding to the list now! :)
    edited February 2015
    @Lynnwood - Thanks for the quick answers! Those are pretty much the answers I'd assumed, but I stopped playing my ISBI just before I aged up just in case. I'm just about to age up to adult (so 20 days in) and am currently at 160 points. We'll see where it goes from here, time to suck up a youth pot and get a spouse and kids!

I'm thinking about switching control to the Heir when they hit Teen instead of YA, as my favorite part of the game is during Teen years. Is that a huge issue? Obviously I'm doing this more for fun than anything, but it's nice to be able to compare scores too.

I'll be posting a story up on another forum after a bit more gameplay, I'll give you the link when I get the first chapter done.
    @dougsbaby12‌ Thanks for reading! It's been fun to write! =)

@Rawla‌ How is your ISBI going now? Any updates?

@Lynnwood‌ Thank you! This challenge is so much fun so far. When are you updating your disney dynasty? I was super disappointed when it came to the end of the post. =(
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited February 2015
    I just updated my ISBI after MONTHS away!!! I've got two chapters in the drafts so I think I'll hang out with the Ash family for a bit while I take a break from my legacy. :smile:

Ben's New Nemesis
    09-27-14_9-25%C2%A0PM-2.png
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    edited February 2015
    Hey Lynnwood, got something that some of you might find handy... I hate having to write everything down by hand, so I made a spreadsheet that will automatically calculate your score based on what you enter into the sheet. It should give you an up to date score for each generation and your current total... Unfortunately I can't post links yet, heh. If you feel like checking it out, perhaps posting it yourself, PM me and I'll give you the link to it.

Edit: Wow this forum is amazingly restrictive, and I don't feel like making 50+ posts just to be able to drop a link... jeez. I'm under the same name on Carl's Sims 4 Forum, if anyone wants the link to the score sheet PM me there I guess.
    Post edited by dethdukk on
    @dethdukk That sounds really awesome. I wish I could get a copy, but like you, there's no access to anything. Maybe @Lynnwood could ad it to the bottom of her scoring chart?

Chapter 4 is up in my blog. =D
    Don Jr just turned to a teen, I think he has a good mixture of both parents.
    8vTCCd8.png
    edited February 2015
    @dethdukk - You are correct in assuming that the number one primary goal of an ISBI is to have fun. :) So if you'd like to take over your heir at teen stage, you go right ahead. I agree with you on the forum rules on new members. Unfortunately a few months back we got blasted with some really sick 🐸🐸🐸🐸 trolls who were spamming every other thread with 🐸🐸🐸🐸 images, so these stupid restrictions are the result. I WOULD be interested in that spreadsheet though. I never did learn the art of that program, lol. Good luck with your game!

@naniminna - I actually have enough images for the Disney blog to get updated twice, I think. I've just been very under the weather lately (which has resulted in a very limited presence here on the forums too. I'm diabetic and have been struggling to get my glucose levels under control (average of 230-300 for 2 weeks+, which is very bad). It's caused my overall health to tank, and as a result I have very limited energy/ability to play many games or concentrate on updates. Sorry if that's a book of a response, lol, but do not fret. The Disneys (and my Giekes) are far from forgotten. I always come back to the Sims eventually. <3

@Megg87 and @AJLOVER01 - Both of your progress is looking good, keep it up! :)
    @Lynnwood I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with your health. I hope things get better for you soon. I really hope that the diabetes you have is the one that can be reversed. I will wait patiently and read your other blogs instead. Your writing is extremely enjoyable to read.

I also kind of have a question in regards to this challenge. Upon rereading I saw that you are required to randomize traits and all that? I guess I didn't read the rules correctly because I assumed that since the score system has a score for randomizing through an entire generation that you could opt not to, and therefore forfeit the points. If my assumption was inaccurate then I'll start randomizing from this point forward.
    @Lynnwood - Alright, workarounds, they are being attempted... This is a link to the spreadsheet, just replace the parentheses with the proper punctuation, hopefully that will work.

http(colon)(doubleslash)tinyurl(dot)com(slash)o8yuk7s

@Rawla‌ How is your ISBI going now? Any updates?

Ashamed to admit it but I went waaaay too fast on the first one. Too many people in the house, the garden too big, the home too small. Sooo, I just barely opened up a new save and started over with a brand new sim named David Azway. He's in the gallery if you want to see him.

So far he's collected a frog, failed at fishing, got a gem and a metal and a container. He's talked to a woman and cloud-watched (in the road of all places *facepalms*). Still on day 1. Having a lot of fun though. Now that I have a feel for the challenge, I think this will go much better. And I typed all this realizing that I have been talking about my Rosebud Challenge and not the ISBI that you were asking about. *facepalms...again* Um... I haven' t played the Sims in two days (except for just signing in a few minutes ago), so I have no progress to report. Sorry. lol
    @naniminna - Aww, tyvm for the well-wishes. It IS type 2 diabetes but I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'll probably have it for the rest of my life. It runs very strong in the family. As for your ISBI and the randomizing of traits, you get the points if you randomize but if you don't want to that's perfectly fine too. I like randomizing because it keeps you on your toes, you never know exactly what to expect. But everyone enjoys the sims differently, number one rule is to have fun so do whatever you need to, to do that. :)

@dethdukk - Woot! that worked, tyvm for building it! I'll add a link on the links page. :D
    @Lynnwood - I understand bad health. Hang in there and try to keep your chin up. Its not easy but you can do this.
    @Lynnwood Thanks, it's getting a little tough cause everything keeps breaking down and then one of my rugrats keeps destroying the dollhouse.

Also keep your head up, I'm also type 2 diabetic for almost 5 years and finally my numbers are going down, it's a uphill battle and soon we will kick diabetes butt.
    Chapter 5 is up!

@Rawla Lol! Understood. I totally get what you mean. No matter what family you play they seem like such real people that whoever you played last gets an emotional attachment in your brain.

@AJLOVER01 Ugh. The dollhouse breakers. Your sim family still seems lovely regardless. And Don Jr looks awfully cute for his age.

@Lynnwood I've heard lots of positive things about Dr. McDougall's The Starch Solution for healing Diabetes and other health issues with diet. You mostly rid your diet of fatty foods, and most salts, consuming more carbohydrates. Which I know is totally against what most doctors suggest for diabetes, but the people who talk the most about this book have either a history of arthritis, heart issues, or type 2 diabetes that they have either completely cured or lessened unless they returned to their old diet. If nothing else, maybe you could give it a look at your local library, and ask your doctor about it? That being said, I personally do not know much about diabetes, and will not be hurt if you reject my idea.

I'm sure there is a way you and AJ will work through this battle. It's tiring and scary to deal with such struggles and I wish I could give you both big hugs.
    @Rawla - *hugs* thanks a lot! I've got a lot of family and friend support, so I'm hoping to get a handle on all this some day. :)

@AJLOVER01 - Woot! Congrats on your victories. I'm also coming up on about 5-6 years now that I've been properly diagnosed with it, though I might have had it for a lot longer (I started having this weird skin condition in junior high and come to find out it was a precursor/warning sign of the onset of diabetes). And I was doing GREAT with a once-a-week injectable called Bydureon . . . and then 6 months or so ago my insurance stopped covering it. It's been a crazy struggle ever since, but I'll get a handle back on it again eventually. :P Thanks for the well-wishes.

@naniminna - I would be very leery of trying such a diet without my endocrinologist's consent, especially because carbs happen to be my special-evil, lol. I don't actually crave sweets or candy and I haven't drank 'regular' soda or anything in about four years. But pasta and potatoes . . . I love them. They just don't love me back. XD Carbs turn into sugar when they're broken down in the body, so it's just as bad as eating candy. Now that I think of it, that diet might be meant for HYPOglycemics (in which case your blood glucose levels are too LOW.) I'm a HYPERglycemic, (which means my glucose is waaaaaay too high).

But at any rate I do thank you for the input and the thoughts. :) Congrats on your new chapter!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top