Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Sims 4 is originally a scraped 2010 online spin-off of The Sims 3 called Sims Olympus?

SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
Thank you EA, No wonder why the graphic is so bad. That grass texture can't even compare to sims medieval's. I am now 200% done with Maxis game.
latest?cb=20130521220633
latest?cb=20130521220432
latest?cb=20130521220327
latest?cb=20130520210336
recalled these furniture, dresses, and hairs in the sims 4 base game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2IPZDJ-pt0
1:25 even the animation is same

@Maxis @EA Thank you so much!!!!

Post edited by Senbre on

Comments

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    It's pretty obvious.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    edited January 2015
    "I hate buying soap." <3<3<3

Seriously, though, at this point I have to wonder what the game would have looked like if they'd just gone ahead with the online spin-off and then developed TS4 as its own game instead of just using left over scraps to Frankenstein it. I've never been one who wanted other people in my Sim world, but maybe it would have been better if they'd just finished it as it was and then made TS4 as a single-player game from the ground up. Who knows?

can't believe they just simply remove online feature from a spin-off and name it sims 4
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    The only thing I want to know is what in the world "I hate buying soap <3<3<3 " is supposed to mean? What an odd thing to have in even an internal image. LOL!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Looks better than TS4 imo
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    I remember when the blue plumbob was suppose to be a lot more significant.
    I guess the blue plumbob represents sims that your friends/other people are playing online.

In the one promo I saw way back when (or maybe I'm thinking of another olympus thing) there was an animation of a green plumbob and a blue one coming together. I thought it was a little weird. I guess it meant people coming together to play sims.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited January 2015
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    "I hate buying soap." <3<3<3

Seriously, though, at this point I have to wonder what the game would have looked like if they'd just gone ahead with the online spin-off and then developed TS4 as its own game instead of just using left over scraps to Frankenstein it. I've never been one who wanted other people in my Sim world, but I know there are some players who'd love it. Maybe it would have been better if they'd just finished it as it was and then made TS4 as a single-player game from the ground up. Who knows?

I've been saying this all along. I used to enjoy The Sims Online so I would have bought this online game *and* the proper Sims 4 (not this travesty of a compromise). As it is I haven't even bothered buying that latest gamepack.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    The only thing I want to know is what in the world "I hate buying soap <3<3<3 " is supposed to mean? What an odd thing to have in even an internal image. LOL!
    Haha yes that's just funny lol ;)
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    @PsychYourMind08‌, they even teased the blue plumbob in the University Life expansion. It really makes me wonder exactly how late into development the change to 100% single-player offline was made.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    edited January 2015
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    @PsychYourMind08‌, they even teased the blue plumbob in the University Life expansion. It really makes me wonder exactly how late into development the change to 100% single-player offline was made.

It makes me wonder the same thing.

The aesthetic put into marketing is suppose to reflect the game a bit as well (consistency). There's a stronger presence of the color blue (or was in past marketing of TS4) like in the Sims logo itself, and I think they were really banking on selling the online features before they took them out.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    It's pretty much an established fact by now. These images leaked before or after they first released that Eye picture, along with statements from former employees
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Those have been around for a while, most of us knew this.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Yes, I thought that was pretty well known by now. First time I saw the pictures, I laughed as I recognized some of the clothing that did make it into Sims 4.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Looking back at them, EA cannot say that was not TS4 before with all those online features, the graphics are exactly the same and so is the UI placement.
    edited January 2015
    I remember looking at the graphics and being so, so disappointed

But if they were planning on going online, the cartoony/less detailed/less taxing graphics make sense. Unfortunately though it's not online so they just look silly, at least to me anyway.

ETA: And when they finally officially announced Sims 4, they made it a point several times to mention that this was a totally offline game. I would assume that if it was that way from they start they wouldn't have felt the need to mention anything since most people would have assumed that based on the formula of the previous games. It was to go without saying - but they said it a lot.
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    Do you people honestly think other game studios don't rehash and re-use content?
    edited January 2015

But if they were planning on going online, the cartoony/less detailed/less taxing graphics make sense. Unfortunately though it's not online so they just look silly, at least to me anyway.

ETA: And when they finally officially announced Sims 4, they made it a point several times to mention that this was a totally offline game. I would assume that if it was that way from they start they wouldn't have felt the need to mention anything since most people would have assumed that based on the formula of the previous games. It was to go without saying - but they said it a lot.

I agree

I still think the game looks really bad for anything made in 2014 by an AAA studio. I've play Multiplayer online games that looks much better.
    edited January 2015
    @06Bon06 wrote: »

I still think the game looks really bad for anything made in 2014 by an AAA studio. I've play Multiplayer online games that looks much better.

If I remembered these photos were from 2010.. yeah, and they use it for 2014 game
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Leo_Gruen wrote: »
    Do you people honestly think other game studios don't rehash and re-use content?

I seriously doubt anyone thinks that. I have friends who work in game development. I know assets and animations get reused. However, in this case it seems that the original content was completely shoehorned into something else and they lacked time to truly flesh it out (they said that time was an issue). So, the game suffered for it. We'll never know if the online version could have been truly good, and TS4 probably isn't what it could have been given more time.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    Senbre wrote: »
    @06Bon06 wrote: »

If I remembered these photos were from 2010?

Well they scraped the project in 2012 so I'm not sure. Either way we still got the blocky hair.... :P
  • yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    edited January 2015
    Leo_Gruen wrote: »

I'm pretty sure most developers don't completely scrap entire game, try to make a new one out of it in less than two years, and then release even though it wasn't finish. :\

“Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Ah, The Sims Olympus (now The Sims 4), the game that single handedly destroyed The Sims series. I'll leave before a moderator decides to lock this thread for whatever reason.
    tumblr_inline_mq9hzsSm4t1qz4rgp.gif
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Go figures, this was it before the scrapped it, but we did get all the furniture though.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Old news.

GIF-Boring-Bored-This-is-boring-Im-bored-Nothing-to-do-Yawn-GIF.gif