Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a bad sign

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I feel like 85% of the drama is caused by people who do not understand fiscal year 2016, which begins in April, 2015. I wouldn't have expected an expansion too much earlier than that anyways since we just had the game pack.

This. This. So much this. And for those who do understand but want the game to be over and done with, some (not all of course by any means) of them will pick up any kind of potential possibility to support their opinion and parade it around as definitive proof that the game is over. And it's not.

Maybe we are spoiled by the amount of EPS we've gotten in the past. I know some games only get 2-3 EPS and some of them don't even come out until a year after the base game was released. Maybe it would be better to pay $50 USD for a really jam-packed EP that might cover multiple themes rather than 2-3 EPS at $30 a piece. Do I think that will happen based on the base game, probably not but you know what, it's possible at this point.

I just think its' too early to say the game is over. I think we will have a better idea of the future of the game once the first EP is released, and what's going to be in it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I feel like 85% of the drama is caused by people who do not understand fiscal year 2016, which begins in April, 2015. I wouldn't have expected an expansion too much earlier than that anyways since we just had the game pack.

This. This. So much this. And for those who do understand but want the game to be over and done with, some (not all of course by any means) of them will pick up any kind of potential possibility to support their opinion and parade it around as definitive proof that the game is over. And it's not.

Maybe we are spoiled by the amount of EPS we've gotten in the past. I know some games only get 2-3 EPS and some of them don't even come out until a year after the base game was released. Maybe it would be better to pay $50 USD for a really jam-packed EP that might cover multiple themes rather than 2-3 EPS at $30 a piece. Do I think that will happen based on the base game, probably not but you know what, it's possible at this point.

I just think its' too early to say the game is over. I think we will have a better idea of the future of the game once the first EP is released, and what's going to be in it.
    This game kinda needs an EP though...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    No it was until 2016 at the latest, it was the Tiger Woods game that would be out sometime in April or June 2015.

kv19PsB.png

It says that EA's fiscal 16 runs from April 2015 until March 2016. So the EP could be still be out this year. A fiscal year is not the same as a calendar year.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    I don't care if the EP is scheduled for 2016 or whatever. I don't wanna see an EP like the flop basegame.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2015
    I expect it to be released not too far from april really. It has been delayed, couldn't that be due to financial reasons? Maybe it's beneficial to release it in the next fiscal year? (I'm completely ignorant in that field)
    If finances is the only thing detaining them they won't wait too long once fiscal 2016 is there.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member

This game kinda needs an EP though...

That is very true, can't deny that.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    It doesn't matter how "mind-blowing" or fantastic an EP is if it's being added to a broken content-bare base game.
    I expect it to be released not too far from april really. It has been delayed, couldn't that be due to financial reasons? Maybe it's beneficial to release it in the next fiscal year? (I'm completely ignorant in that field)
    If finances is the only thing detaining them they won't wait too long once fiscal 2016 is there.

Wishful thinking - maybe it's being delayed to improve it. Lol who am I kidding?

A little off topic though. I never knew that so many people didn't understand the differences between a calendar year, and terms like fiscal or tax year.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member

Well put and agree :)
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member

Ugh, so much this. Laughing at all these posts in this thread of people saying things like "no your wrong its 2016 it says!!!"

WLfAA9V.png
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    Well the writing is now on the wall lol "officially!" We can try look on the bright side but this game was doomed from its conception and its failed format change from a MMO to a single player pc game. I don't no why people try and make sence and justify this hot mess that is Ts4. I guess it human nature to hope for the best, but expect the worst, except we actually got the worst.

This game is a flop period. Can it, move on and get back to the drawing table and build us the game we want, not this half baked tablet/mobile/pc hybrid.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    It doesn't matter how "mind-blowing" or fantastic an EP is if it's being added to a broken content-bare base game.

True words. Please take a bouquet of your favourite flowers!
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I am wishing it takes until September to release an EP, my take would be EAxis is really working on fixing the base game and adding features that will flesh out what we have now. At this point because of reading how everything is too hard and expensive I have no faith of an addition of toddlers, regular NPCs or carpools but if that happens with patching and a rounded out EP, then I have no problem swallowing and choking down my statements before. Prove me wrong, EAxis. I would welcome it. You all know the work on the EP was started before the base game was released, so that is how I came to this conclusion.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    ea putting lipstick on a pig adding an expansion to the sims 4.

lipstick.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    No it was until 2016 at the latest, it was the Tiger Woods game that would be out sometime in April or June 2015.

kv19PsB.png

Uhm "another expension"? Another compared to what? Do they mean like game pack?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Haiden wrote: »
    Well the writing is now on the wall lol "officially!" We can try look on the bright side but this game was doomed from its conception and its failed format change from a MMO to a single player pc game. I don't no why people try and make sence and justify this hot mess that is Ts4. I guess it human nature to hope for the best, but expect the worst, except we actually got the worst.

This game is a flop period. Can it, move on and get back to the drawing table and build us the game we want, not this half baked tablet/mobile/pc hybrid.

And what about the people that like and enjoy the game? You know there are some of us out there.
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

And what about the people that like and enjoy the game? You know there are some of us out there.

Are there enough of you to keep it going on your own if they don't manage to woo back the people who don't like it? Because if so, then carry on.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited January 2015

If you like it, you don't count. ;) That's how this forum works. XD Can't you tell?

34336_s.gif
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

Oh, you're the one.

edited January 2015

Are there enough of you to keep it going on your own if they don't manage to woo back the people who don't like it? Because if so, then carry on.

Carry on enjoying my game? Thanks, I will. I just don't get the whole "can it" attitude. They don't need to, just improve it in my opinion. Alternatively, I could ask are the people asking for it to just be scrapped willing to completely fund a new version? If not, then we have to work with what we've got, and point the devs in the right direction as to what we want to change about the existing game. But I don't think that just canning it is the right solution for a lot of people. Well, for me at least.
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member

yep. during my whole time playing the sims 3 (2009-2014), i was only on the forums about 4 times because i was blissfully unaware that people actually didn't like the sims 3. i was enjoying the game too much.
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    If they're delaying the EP until it's finished and works properly, credit to them. It's what they should have done with base game anyway. I'd rather wait and get a quality product, than have a sloppy, poorly made, half finished one, missing major content.

I will believe this when I see it.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2015

Of course there is some people that like Sims 4 but it may not be enough or cost effective to make something for those people if Sims 4 was to be shut down, There is a lot of negativity towards Sims 4 from what I am reading. It does not have the atmosphere that surrounded Sims 2 and 3 while there was some negativity towards those two as well but not like it is towards Sims 4. EA/Maxis tampered with the formula too much at one time and it having it's effects. because of it.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Of course there is some people that like Sims 4 but it may not be enough or cost effective to make something for those people if Sims 4 was to be shut down. There is a lot of negativity towards Sims 4 from what I am read. It does not have the atmosphere that surrounded Sims 2 and 3 while there was some negativity towards those two as well but not like it is towards Sims 4. EA/Maxis tampered with the formula too much at one time and it having it's effects. because of it.

And that's fine if it isn't. But I would like to try and fix the problems without canning it first.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Of course there is some people that like Sims 4 but it may not be enough or cost effective to make something for those people if Sims 4 was to be shut down. There is a lot of negativity towards Sims 4 from what I am read. It does not have the atmosphere that surrounded Sims 2 and 3 while there was some negativity towards those two as well but not like it is towards Sims 4. EA/Maxis tampered with the formula too much at one time and it having it's effects. because of it.

And that's fine if it isn't. But I would like to try and fix the problems without canning it first.
    That would be ideal but sometimes that does not happen looking at SimCity which was turned over to mods. Also, it depends on EA/Maxis resolve to fix it. Looking at Sims 3 IP they never fix some of the problems that was plaguing it or other parts the game. Another thing is dealing with the game engine, some options that was present in Sims 3 may not see the light of day because of the engine limitations which needs to implemented in the foundation before release.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen