Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Solved

MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
edited January 2015 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Don't answer questions honestly, and don't request that people not alter your user name with something offensive when addressing you. Your posts will get deleted.

I thought everyone's opinions were supposed to be respected, and that everyone was protected from having their user names altered in offensive ways. Guess I was wrong.

ETA: Mediation effective, situation resolved as far as I'm concerned. I apologize for making a fuss.
Post edited by MsPhy on

Comments

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I think having anything you write, and that should include your user name, being changed is a bannable offense. I'd contact a mod if I were you and see what's up.
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I'm not sure what you are talking about, but I'm sorry you've had such an unpleasant experience. I wish we could all put on our big kid underpants and play nice.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited January 2015
    ejoslin wrote: »
    I think having anything you write, and that should include your user name, being changed is a bannable offense. I'd contact a mod if I were you and see what's up.

It was a moderator who deleted my posts (including the one objecting to the offensive change in my user name), and who also apparently felt this was more suited to Feedback instead of General, where the offense occurred.

It would seem that some users are more equal than others. What is amusing is that it seems to be the ones who are the most vocally negative about the game. I'm one of Sims 4's staunchest supporters, and this is what I get.

ETA: Oh, I'm buried even further than I thought. I'm now in Forum Feedback instead of Sims 4 Feedback. Way to go, mods.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Don't answer questions honestly? Wha...?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Someone asked an opinion question. I gave my opinion. It ran contrary to the OP's opinion, so she managed to get my post removed, AFTER insulting me by mutilating my user name in an offensive way.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    Someone asked an opinion question. I gave my opinion. It ran contrary to the OP's opinion, so she managed to get my post removed, AFTER insulting me by mutilating my user name in an offensive way.

Oh, wow. Ugh. I've had that happen to me quite a few times (not here). Jeez. If you don't want to know opinions different to yours, don't ask.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Please note that we have taken this to PM to attempt to resolve the issue.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg