Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing the Free Trial. Am I missing something? :(

Comments

• LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    All of us are actually 'in it together'. Regardless of what you think about the sims4-or any other previous iterations what's the common thread and why we are a community? We all love the sims. So let that love unite us, let's not judge others and let's look to the future together.

Simmers happen to be amongst the most wonderful community I've ever seen online. Enjoy it and let's not be upsetting each other unintentionally :)

No, we're not in this together; I don't know you from the next person.

edited January 2015
    Pary wrote: »
    I'm sure the people like me, who have NOT bought the game, and also refuse to install the trial precisely because of the state of the game are just as anguished and upset over the downhill slide of this game as anyone else. There is absolutely no reason why one can't form an opinion about the game through research, Live Broadcasts and Lets Plays without having to play the game themselves.

Why is it all right for people to say "OMG I LOVE that new GP / EP / SP I'm totally buying it!" from watching a LB or LP or review, never having played it, and no one says anything, but the moment you mention that you dislike the looks of the game but haven't played it, people begin telling you that you've no right to, can't form an opinion or your opinion is baseless because you haven't played it? It's completely ridiculous.
    It actually isn't. I was impervious of Shadows of Mordor. The box art was uninteresting, the screenshots drab and the sales-pitch screaming Tolkien had me keel over from Gollum-tiredness. Let's be honest, the Lord of the Rings has been brought to absolute flat throddenness by now and I was sure that it was impossible by now to create something worthwhile after every money-grubbing vulture had sunken their claws in the property.
    Let's Plays done by the Media-Cows got me to buy the game anyway and I don't regret it in the least. Shadows of Mordor continues to give me hours of fun and it is not getting old yet.
    So yes, if Shadows would've had a free trial I would've bought it at the end. Steam for example has free weekends, which are extremely valuable to developers. Many people buy a game based on the chance they've had to sit down with a title during a free weekend. Let's players serve a function, but it's not a function they should perform. Publishers should offer people the chance to play for free for a set amount of hours, so that people can make an informed decision about where they drop their money on. In all cases, money comes at a premium.
    I agree. If you haven't played the game, your opinion is moot. Up until you have played it, you effectively are judging a book by it's cover and are acting on hear-say. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    I'm pretty content with Sims4. I like the graphics, the Sim AI, and the ease of build mode, yes I think it could use a bit of refinement and improvement but overall it's not as terrible as everyone makes it out to be. But really, what can we do in a game that most of us have played for decades now, that's not something we haven't already done?

So how is this game so massively different from the others to (a) justify the $80 price tag and (b) move on from earlier fully fleshed out games?
    And there's the question of why people feel that they must like TS4? Has TS3 suddenly become a monster under the bed or something? The full TS3 board has even been transplanted to here, so why are those not into TS4 not embracing earlier iterations of the game but do they choose to be miserable on the ts4 boards?
    So you don't want to pay €70? Don't. Play TS3 and be happy again. There's nobody forcing you to move on to the next new shiney, unless you have a bad case of peer-pressure.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I put my simself in a house. Got bored. I put two sims I remade from TS3 in a house. Still bored. I gave one a career. Bored. I let them chat and mingle at the community lots. Bored!

My question is do the sims have anything else to do other than sit in the house, go to the 5 or so community lots, and disappear into invisible rabbit holes for a career? I was lead to believe that they were more to careers with the promo pics, but I guess they were staged?

Even the emotions are all over the place and a lot like moodlets to me. I actually think the emotions are kind of confusing.

And no I'm not trying to be funny or rude. I'm being deadly serious, because I really see nothing new or different. How is TS4 an improvement or any different from what we have right now?

P.S. No I haven't tried babies yet. That's next on the list. I don't think it'll make much of a difference tho since they're objects. :\

"I put my simself in a house. Got bored. I put two sims I remade from TS3 in a house. Still bored. I gave one a career. Bored. I let them chat and mingle at the community lots. Bored!"

In all fairness, most of what you described is the basic core features of any Base Game.
    If you find all that boring, maybe you're more of an Expansion player.

Because apart from watching your Sim drive from lot to lot in The Sims 3, that base game is basically the same. You put Sims in houses, visit community lots, and get Rabbit Hole careers. That's basically it.

It's not until Expansion packs where you can do other things with your Sims.
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I put my simself in a house

That's your problem right there :D

On a serious note: What did you do in the other sims games that was so much more exciting?
    I played with two other sims, because playing my simself even in TS3 is a bore sometimes.

In TS3 base game, I was actually overwhelmed when I first got it. The open world offer a lot more than what TS4 has, but yes it was lacking too. I'll admit that. I wasn't bored though.

I think the fact that TS4 offers nothing new is why it's boring to me and many others. At least TS3 gave us something we never had before like open worlds.

Open World is nice but it's literally just watching your Sim drive between lots, instead of loading screens. And wait for Sims to answer the door, instead of loading screens.

It doesn't really add any Gameplay for you to explore. The only thing the Open World did have Gameplay wise were seeds to collect, and The Sims 4 has that and more.
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    Be grateful you found this out now than spending almost $80 on this empty box of lies.

Except people knew what the game was, and EA told you what you were getting when you bought it. If you didn't like what the game had, you shouldn't have bought it tbh.

When I found out the Sims 3 base game only had 4 hobby objects (Fishbowl, Telescope, Easel and Gutair) I held off. Because I love giving my Sims things to do other than visiting community lots, and going to work.
    I bought the Sims 3 when Ambitions came out cos I was in LOVE with the Active careers.

EA didn't lie, they just didn't deliver. That doesnt mean you can blame them for purchasing a game you knew you wouldn't like. Just sayin.

I like the Sims 4 just because of the HUGE selection of Hobby and Skill objects. So when I saw the depth of Cooking, Gardening, Collecting, Science, Woodworking activities, I knew I would enjoy it.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

On a serious note: What did you do in the other sims games that was so much more exciting?
    I played with two other sims, because playing my simself even in TS3 is a bore sometimes.

In TS3 base game, I was actually overwhelmed when I first got it. The open world offer a lot more than what TS4 has, but yes it was lacking too. I'll admit that. I wasn't bored though.

I think the fact that TS4 offers nothing new is why it's boring to me and many others. At least TS3 gave us something we never had before like open worlds.

Open World is nice but it's literally just watching your Sim drive between lots, instead of loading screens. And wait for Sims to answer the door, instead of loading screens.

It doesn't really add any Gameplay for you to explore. The only thing the Open World did have Gameplay wise were seeds to collect, and The Sims 4 has that and more.

Actually, open world adds this: You can have one sim at home writing a book, another at the gym, and yet another at the park, having fun with other sims, etc. In fact, my biggest issue with the closed world is that you cannot direct the grayed out sim to do those boring things like paint or work on a rocket ship or whatever.

• CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »

Actually, open world adds this: You can have one sim at home writing a book, another at the gym, and yet another at the park, having fun with other sims, etc. In fact, my biggest issue with the closed world is that you cannot direct the grayed out sim to do those boring things like paint or work on a rocket ship or whatever.
    I always take advantage of the open world in this way. While my struggling Artist Sim is home practicing his painting other sims in the household can be out collecting things to sell to help pay the bills, off to the library to read skill books , or just go hang out at the park to socialize.

• DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Be grateful you found this out now than spending almost $80 on this empty box of lies.

Except people knew what the game was, and EA told you what you were getting when you bought it. If you didn't like what the game had, you shouldn't have bought it tbh.

When I found out the Sims 3 base game only had 4 hobby objects (Fishbowl, Telescope, Easel and Gutair) I held off. Because I love giving my Sims things to do other than visiting community lots, and going to work.
    I bought the Sims 3 when Ambitions came out cos I was in LOVE with the Active careers.

EA didn't lie, they just didn't deliver. That doesnt mean you can blame them for purchasing a game you knew you wouldn't like. Just sayin.

I like the Sims 4 just because of the HUGE selection of Hobby and Skill objects. So when I saw the depth of Cooking, Gardening, Collecting, Science, Woodworking activities, I knew I would enjoy it.

Not to single you out, but posts of this nature always make me chuckle.

When this game was first announced and we saw the first few images, whenever anyone said, "I don't like the look of it," fifty people would jump down their throats, frothing at the mouth, saying "Those are renders, you can't judge the game until there's more information." And whenever more information was released, there was always a new hoop for people to jump through whenever they voiced their concern and dislike of the direction the game was taking.

"You can't judge it until GamesCon." GameCon came and went.

"You can't judge it until the Yibs get their hands on it." The Yibs returned from SimsCamp and gave their feedback, good and bad.

"You can't judge it, it's still Pre-Alpha!" We saw the Gurus play the game live on Twitch.

"So what if it's only weeks before the game drops, you can't judge it until you play it!" People bought the game back in September and others have given it a try for free this weekend.

And after all of that, what do we get? "Except people knew what the game was, and EA told you what you were getting when you bought it. If you didn't like what the game had, you shouldn't have bought it tbh."

Talk about a Catch 22...
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    Each career has 2 different Career-paths your Sim can take.
    And you can also explore & do stuff in the neighborhoods your Sims live in - you don't have to stay on the lots
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Darkling wrote: »

When this game was first announced and we saw the first few images, whenever anyone said, "I don't like the look of it," fifty people would jump down their throats, frothing at the mouth, saying "Those are renders, you can't judge the game until there's more information." And whenever more information was released, there was always a new hoop for people to jump through whenever they voiced their concern and dislike of the direction the game was taking.

"You can't judge it until the Yibs get their hands on it." The Yibs returned from SimsCamp and gave their feedback, good and bad.

"You can't judge it, it's still Pre-Alpha!" We saw the Gurus play the game live on Twitch.

"So what if it's only weeks before the game drops, you can't judge it until you play it!" People bought the game back in September and others have given it a try for free this weekend.

And after all of that, what do we get? "Except people knew what the game was, and EA told you what you were getting when you bought it. If you didn't like what the game had, you shouldn't have bought it tbh."

Talk about a Catch 22...

Exactly this. Can't have it both ways. I'm a hypocrite for buying something I somehow should have known I shouldn't like, and those who waited for more information are hypocrites for judging something they didn't buy. Therefore, the only people who have a leg to stand on here are those who bought it and say nothing, or people who bought it and like it. Or something. Talk about flawed logic.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I put my simself in a house. Got bored. I put two sims I remade from TS3 in a house. Still bored. I gave one a career. Bored. I let them chat and mingle at the community lots. Bored!

My question is do the sims have anything else to do other than sit in the house, go to the 5 or so community lots, and disappear into invisible rabbit holes for a career? I was lead to believe that they were more to careers with the promo pics, but I guess they were staged?

Even the emotions are all over the place and a lot like moodlets to me. I actually think the emotions are kind of confusing.

And no I'm not trying to be funny or rude. I'm being deadly serious, because I really see nothing new or different. How is TS4 an improvement or any different from what we have right now?

P.S. No I haven't tried babies yet. That's next on the list. I don't think it'll make much of a difference tho since they're objects. :\

Have you thrown a social event? You can do that with the phone. There are a variety of options. Have you tried to get your sim to fall in love and start a family? The children stage is very cute and entertaining. There are also 14 different skill objects such as the piano, woodworking bench, and the computer has a TON of stuff to do as there is both a video gaming and programming skill. I find that this game is not lacking any activities. I barely have scratched the surface of stuff and I have already put hundreds of hours into the game. :)

This. The handiness skill also has a BUNCH of options. I haven't even discovered them all yet. There are plenty of plants to collect, you can even make some by grafting them into other plants. You can now catch a variety of bugs too.

Have you collected everything from space yet? How about the things not from space (rocks, minerals, statues, etc)? Have you had a sim woohoo in the rocket? Had a culinary sim cook every meal + gourmet meals too? And learn all the cupcake recipes? You could have a mixologist learn all the drinks. Read to children? Had your sim upgrade to and watch the fireplace channel? Learn all the campfire songs (if you have OR)? Have you found the voodoo doll and bound it to a sim yet?

Your children can learn the typing skill on the computer, and if you max it, it helps their writing skill later on (I believe). Have a child start writing books and earning royalties before they are adults!

There are PLENTY of things to do in this game, we just gave you a whole list. I too haven't scratched the surface yet.

I don't know, but once you've done that, have you then beaten TS4?
    The feeling I get by posts like this is that people go into the Sims with the wrong mindset. There's certainly that completionist edge to the game, but is it the game? I wonder...

Well, if you finish every single thing the game has to offer, then yeah, I guess you have. But this is a game with a whole lot of flexibility and playability. I play the same things over and over in different ways for different sims. How can I possibly have the wrong mindset? This is a game where you can play however you want. My play style may not match yours but that doesn't mean I'm playing the game wrong.

What about when you finish everything in 1 2 & 3? Did you beat those too?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Darkling wrote: »

Talk about a Catch 22...

Exactly this. Can't have it both ways. I'm a hypocrite for buying something I somehow should have known I shouldn't like, and those who waited for more information are hypocrites for judging something they didn't buy. Therefore, the only people who have a leg to stand on here are those who bought it and say nothing, or people who bought it and like it. Or something. Talk about flawed logic.

This. So much this.

For a start it's not up to any simmer to judge another on their actions or feelings.

Apart from that what do you know about your fellow simmers life? Do you know the mitigating circumstances to their motivations or feelings? No of course you don't. No one should be judging others because it's based around a whole lot of assumptions. And you know what they say about what happens when you assume.
  • BayalynnBayalynn Posts: 67 Member
    "Did you beat sims 1, 2. and 3?"

Well I suppose that's why the sims 4 is as it is because people wanted an RPG feel to it? If I want to beat a game I'll play DA:I (Which I have beat.) The sims (before TS4) felt like this never ending life simulator because life is never ending.Even when we pass on those after us continue and so fourth.

Your gamestyle was luckily added/involved in TS4, but there were many gamestyles abandoned that the last three Sims gen games did allow. I don't like collecting or linear play in a life simulator, I like simulating life. I also like being immersed in the game. For some reason TS2 kept me immersed even with its loading screens, TS4 just kills it for me. (Maybe because of TS3's open world.)
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Bayalynn wrote: »
    "Did you beat sims 1, 2. and 3?"

Well I suppose that's why the sims 4 is as it is because people wanted an RPG feel to it? If I want to beat a game I'll play DA:I (Which I have beat.) The sims (before TS4) felt like this never ending life simulator because life is never ending.Even when we pass on those after us continue and so fourth.

Your gamestyle was luckily added/involved in TS4, but there were many gamestyles abandoned that the last three Sims gen games did allow. I don't like collecting or linear play in a life simulator, I like simulating life. I also like being immersed in the game. For some reason TS2 kept me immersed even with its loading screens, TS4 just kills it for me. (Maybe because of TS3's open world.)

I was using the same logic at the poster who quoted me. I know you can't actually beat the game. :|

TS4 loading screens are fine, for me. Literally lasts 2 seconds. Sims 2 takes a lot longer it seems. Just me though.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I'm tired of the arguments between the 30% of people who love the game and 70% who don't. All our opinions are valid.

The people who do love the game, surely you must see where we are coming from at least? Read the list of cut features that span to a total of 80 things and tell us that we are being negative because we like to be. Were are not trying to get you to admit that you hate it too, we accept that you see different things in it but don't invalidate our valid criticism and genuine disappointment by implying that we are a bunch of 'haters' and nothing more. By the same token i'm sick of seeing all the positive comments about the game shot down or lol'd. Even though I disagree with them myself it's not nice to be told that you are wrong for liking or not liking something.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    I'm tired of the arguments between the 30% of people who love the game and 70% who don't. All our opinions are valid.

The people who do love the game, surely you must see where we are coming from at least? Read the list of cut features that span to a total of 80 things and tell us that we are being negative because we like to be. Were are not trying to get you to admit that you hate it too, we accept that you see different things in it but don't invalidate our valid criticism and genuine disappointment by implying that we are a bunch of 'haters' and nothing more. By the same token i'm sick of seeing all the positive comments about the game shot down or lol'd. Even though I disagree with them myself it's not nice to be told that you are wrong for liking or not liking something.

It's ridiculous.

It's about time this sides bad behaviour is cracked down on. No matter if someone claims to agree with you why are people supporting bad behaviour? Don't they realise it diminishes their argument?

And by the same token why do some people think it's appropriate to 'get back' at other users who have done nothing wrong just because they belong to what you believe is another side?!
  • Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    When everyone was going on about the two new careers patch I was like. So? It adds NOTHING to gameplay just another rabbit hole.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • ladymadonnaladymadonna Posts: 141 Member
    sorry but you pretty much nailed it.... extremely boring gameplay!
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    This game is not an improvement lol smh. It's downgraded
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2015
    In truth, I don't get why there are "sides" in all of this. I think everyone here wants to have a fun and engaging game.

Here's what I have to say about it: I like the game. I do. Remove the potty humor, or at least cut WAY back on it, remove the loading screens (or fix them), acknowledge inlaws and steps as family, stop autonomous relationships that involve sims in played households, I'd be pretty happy with the game.

That doesn't mean I don't see further flaws that I think should be looked at. No game is perfect. However, Sims 4 in its current form is unplayable for me. So I can't support it.

Edit: I forgot about CASt. I miss CASt so much.

Second edit: I did the dumbest thing. I wanted to move Sims 3 from my SSD to my HDD so uninstalled and out of habit chose to delete my user files. URGH! I want to cry :( Now I have to go through the very long process of tracking down and installing all my mods. I have most of them, I think. But still. I didn't back up the configuration I was using that was running so well.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I'm not even sure it's worth it to add my opinion to this thread, because there are so many things I agree with and so many I don't. For the record, I don't hate the Sims 4; but I don't love it either. My anger is directed towards EA's Corporate Headquarters first, and now lately at The Sims Team in general for admitting that they took shortcuts, and for insulting the community's intelligence by using "too hard and to expensive to make" as an excuse for stripping the game, rather than working with what they had to try to make an more integrated and absorbing game, the same as the other base games were.

I was the same as some are here when it came to The Sims 3, in that I would be quick to accuse people who said that they didn't like the game because they'd done everything that there was to do, of lacking imagination. Now, I find myself on the other side of the fence. To be fair though, the people who claimed that they'd done everything that there was to do were talking about collecting, skilling, and reaching the tops of careers, and that's *all* they were talking about when they said that they'd done all there was to do, and in terms of actual gameplay there really was more for those players who wanted to think outside the box.

If the best you can say in defense of The Sims 4, is "Have you collected every rock, tried every skill, topped every career", etc. etc. and then accuse others of not trying to play the game the "right" way, then that tells me that the game has very little else to offer besides the grind and the rpg limited scripted gameplay. I understand that you're upset that players aren't praising the game to the skies, and I can even understand that it puts you in a position where you feel like you have to justify paying the money you have paid for this game, when others have paid the same amount or more, and feel like they just got scammed by EA. But what I find virtually unforgiveable is that *you expect us to be willing to spend hundreds of dollars on gamepacks, stuff packs and expansion packs* for this game, just so that we can begin to like the game and praise it to the high heavens. Sorry, but that ain't happening...at least not by me. I don't pay for potential. I pay for a fully-fleshed game. I bought expansion packs for the Sims 2 and Sims 3 because they added new depth to the depth that was already in the base game.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2015
    Also, part 2 of my reply:

EA, come on, give me a break..."too hard, too expensive?" Puh-leez.

TS4 lovers, we didn't expect the base game to have all the content that the other games had with all the expansions. That kind of attitude chaps my hide and makes me grit my teeth.

Ok, EA, so we had dishwashers and trash compactors in all 3 previous iterations. We're talking objects that do only 1 or 2 things at most: Dishwashers, load the dishwasher, it runs a second, that's it. How hard is that to animate really? Trash compactors, you put the trash in, run it, and then take the bag out to the trash can. Again, how hard is that to animate, really? "Years of work and too expensive"? Yeah, right. Also, those things break down and can be used to skill up handiness.

And then, how hard to have your Sim board the trolley in Willow Creek or a bus in Oasis Springs to go to work? How hard for your child Sim to walk to the end of the block get on the school bus to disappear to school? How hard to make a "traveling" loading screen between neighborhoods that wouldn't break the immersion of the game? How hard to implement an open neighborhood without having a loading screen between neighbor's homes, or between community lots?

Given that you could still have included the linear gameplay, people would have forgiven you much if you hadn't taken out so much for so little reason? And how hard for you to design a game where the pre-mades had the same kind of connection to each other that the Sims 2 pre-mades had in their respective towns? And how hard to integrate a mod like Twallan's Story Progression mod and given players the option to use "active story progression" versus "no story progression" so that players who wanted to control their households through rotation could do so, while those who only wanted to control one family could do so?

You could have been forgiven much if you'd made some intelligent design choices with regards to gameplay. Yes, some things *are* better in The Sims 4. I've yet to experience losing power, but nice touch...it's realistic. But at the same time, I wouldn't have minded the option to start my Sim in a neutral area in the downtown district to where my Sim had to sleep on comminity lots and scrounge around in order to have her earn enough money to buy a piece of land to build her own home or even to be able to buy a pre-made home. That kind of thing challenges me and makes the game more interesting. Even having toddlers in the game with limited interactions would have been forgiven...but no, you stripped away the game, made it a grindfest where everything is scripted, and while there are some players who love that because that's their mindset, others don't...and it seems that those who don't far outnumber those who do.

I'm with those who would like to see more improvements in gameplay design, but I'm also realist enough to understand that we're stuck with what we have, and apart from cosmetic changes, I don't really expect to see any real changes with the linear goal driven gameplay style of this game. I fully expect you'll turn this game into another Sims Freeplay, only a bit more open ended.

And that's a shame.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    @crazycatldy @Darkling @Darkslayer OMG hi guys!!!! :D

I hate calling the game boring, but it's boring to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I know there was something in every game in sim series that pulled me into playing.

Sims 2- 3D for the first time and loads of stuff!
    Sims 3- Better 3D graphics and a open world
    Sims 4- Dull cartoon graphics and emotions that are a lot like moodlets, and it works smoother...for some

If you notice Sims 4 has nothing that sets it apart from its predecessors. There's nothing revolutionary about it. Its the same thing over again wrapped in a new cartoony wrapping paper and in a hollow empty box.

It has emotions. :s

HaHa oh yeah, those! :D

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I am still playing 3 and have probably done only 40 percent of the things to do,granted the series is over but still the base game by itself was pretty deep and had alot going for it.I keep seeing the same thing posted over and over about "but expansions, expansions" and it sickens me.Expansions will not make an open world they will only add more junk to your house which you will spend the majority of your game locked in like a prisoner at Guantanamo Bay.Expansions only can build on the foundation which it is lying on,in reality the game needs to start from scratch.Here is how to make a great game.

1.Look at features from previous titles and series,what did people like and what new stuff was mentioned but never was added
    2.Talk to the friggin community and stop hiding on social media like twitter and facebook This is a Sims forum YOUR FORUM!!!! use it and pay attention
    3.If you learned your lesson from number 2. then Take a base of everything you have done that is liked then ask the community in your own dang forums what NEW!! features people want. Here's a example,Open world CHECK Toddlers, CHECK, Full Cas options like styles and patterns CHECK,Sliders from Sims 4 butt chest etc CHECK now you make a post and get ideas, then the ones mentioned the most you make poll threads with.Keep repeating these steps till you have the best of the old which you already know how to do then utilize your staff to add the new and BAMM now you got a new game that is still considered fresh and then expand on it again based on community input they are the ones buying your games not you clowns behind the desk guessing what MIGHT work.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif