Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crops & Fish?

Just curious, since I very well may just be missing it in my searching, are there any mods yet that allow you to eat the raw fruits/veggies from the garden? Or to grill a caught fish on a grill instead of a full recipe? (You could use the little fire pits to do this in TS3)

These were the primary ways my homeless/poor sims survived! So... has anyone seen any mods like that? Or do any of you mod makers know if these would even be possible?

Jess
JessiBeau Here! :D
Hop on over to my YouTube Channel if you'd like!

Comments

• SamInSimsSamInSims Posts: 60 Member
    > @JessicaB9188 said:
    > Just curious, since I very well may just be missing it in my searching, are there any mods yet that allow you to eat the raw fruits/veggies from the garden? Or to grill a caught fish on a grill instead of a full recipe? (You could use the little fire pits to do this in TS3)
    >
    > These were the primary ways my homeless/poor sims survived! So... has anyone seen any mods like that? Or do any of you mod makers know if these would even be possible?
    >
    > Jess
    Sorry never heard of it.
  • itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    Sims can eat raw fruits/veggies but I'm not sure about grilling fish.
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
  • Sims4Junkie69Sims4Junkie69 Posts: 20 New Member
    > @itsmegamo said:
    > Sims can eat raw fruits/veggies but I'm not sure about grilling fish.
    i know for a fact that the vanilla game does not include the ability to eat fish without them being included in a recipe. fruit and vegetables CAN be eaten straight off the plant. the fish, fruit and vegetables DO reduce the cost to cook food though. i cooked a couple recipes that normally cost over $10 and cooked 8 servings (party size) for $2. btw, i have been testing out the limits of how many plants 2 sims could handle. i think i've got around 70 plants and it's absolutely everything i can do to keep them growing/evolving. there's almost no time for fishing/fertilizing.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    > @itsmegamo said:
    > Sims can eat raw fruits/veggies but I'm not sure about grilling fish.
    i know for a fact that the vanilla game does not include the ability to eat fish without them being included in a recipe. fruit and vegetables CAN be eaten straight off the plant. the fish, fruit and vegetables DO reduce the cost to cook food though. i cooked a couple recipes that normally cost over $10 and cooked 8 servings (party size) for $2. btw, i have been testing out the limits of how many plants 2 sims could handle. i think i've got around 70 plants and it's absolutely everything i can do to keep them growing/evolving. there's almost no time for fishing/fertilizing.

Take cuttings and splice them together when you reach that level. That will save you tons of time. There's also a faster gardening mod on MTS but, seriously, you can combine plants, get rid of the ones you spliced and it saves a ton of time. I haven't figured out if there's a limit to how many can be spliced on one plant but I keep mine separated by type (herbs, fruit bushes, trees, veggies, etc).
    moxiegraphix on Origin