Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sue Pea's DNA Contact Thread (NEW! STAR ACRES 9 June)

Comments

• suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    YellowJane wrote: »
    Lovely builds suepea! It's nice to see you. Have a good Christmas and New Year ^_^
    Thanks, YJ! Been thinking about you and hoping all is well. Happy Christmas to you and hope the New Year brings good things.
    h2xmsbl]
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    suepea wrote: »
    YellowJane wrote: »
    Lovely builds suepea! It's nice to see you. Have a good Christmas and New Year ^_^
    Thanks, YJ! Been thinking about you and hoping all is well. Happy Christmas to you and hope the New Year brings good things.

Wish the very same for you, Sue ^_^ Thanks!
    Hi Tanu! Here are some WIP photos of the house I am building for you in Moonlight Falls. I love Moonlight Falls and I wanted to make you something that would fit the neighborhood and feel old and maybe a little bit witchy. I also wanted to include a barn for you, as per your request, that didn't feel or look too much like a barn. I was browsing on Houzz one day and found this home featured, which happens to be really close to where I live AND one of my favorite homes on Main Street in Ridgefield, CT.
    ScreenShot2015-01-11at74033AM_zpsaa6104a0.png
    Turning it into a Sim house seemed like the right thing to do. Here's my version so far:
    Screenshot-336_zps30c8f632.jpg
    Well, that's all the sneak peek you get for today :-)
    h2xmsbl]
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Sue!! I'm so excited!!! It's beautiful!!! Both the real version and the sim version! I could imagine the spirits roaming in the top windows :smile:

Thank you so much for taking this on! I'm so looking forward to it!! <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your WIP is looking very nice! :) Both the inspiration and the simversion of the home are very nice! You have reflected the extrrior of the home in simform very well! The yellow colour shade of the exterior is very nice and the tower is great! Very nice types of and how you have placed the windows in the build. The rooftop tower looks nice.
    Enjoy working on your build :)
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    Don't mind me... Just can't help but drool a little. Don't worry I always clean up after myself. Still, it is looking gorgeous, and love what has been done so far. Nicely done so far!
    Tanubanue! Some WIP photos for you -- I haven't forgotten your build, promise!

Let's start with the downstairs:

Here's the front entry and hallway:
    Screenshot-345_zpsc18df469.jpg
    Screenshot-344_zpsef01f477.jpg
    The door goes into a full bath:
    Screenshot-346_zps4be3f9d1.jpg
    The Parlor is right off the front entry:
    Screenshot-342_zps047634dd.jpg
    Screenshot-343_zps1417e40c.jpg
    I hope you don't mind the mix of furniture styles -- in my mind, the house is old and full of furniture passed down from the previous occupants who liked to travel.
    There is a large formal dining room:
    Screenshot-352_zps86f4cc2d.jpg
    Screenshot-353_zps71155156.jpg
    and a ginormous kitchen with specialty ovens and canning station:
    Screenshot-358_zps504789f2.jpg
    h2xmsbl]
    More of the kitchen:
    Screenshot-349_zps947d8667.jpg
    Also on the main floor is the Master Bedroom:
    Screenshot-354_zps394cd64c.jpg
    with ensuite:
    Screenshot-357_zpsc3535e32.jpg
    I am making my way upstairs and have finished the nursery -- that's my version of ZooProfessor3's Juliana Tester and her adopted daughter, Sophie who have kindly moved in to play test the house and make upgrades.
    Screenshot-339_zpsd7440001.jpg
    Screenshot-340_zps807b97f9.jpg

Well, that's all I got as far as photos for now -- I need to landscape the outside (there is a patio and pool and a place for horses,) work on the barn, and finish the second floor of the house.

Hope you like what you see so far. I can almost guarantee that some of it will change before it's done ;-)
    h2xmsbl]
    edited January 2015
    Sue I love it! Honestly I do! Not worried about time or you forgetting, I know you wouldn't!

I really love the mix of old and new and the different mix of furniture styles. It gives it a homey feel and makes it look lived in and comfortable. The front hall is just perfect and I am in Love with that kitchen! It's gorgeous. I'm really loving the colors and the way you did the nursery too! I also love the piano in the parlor area. It kind of takes you back to a different era! The master bedroom is really neat, I love how you did the closet!

Thank you so much for doing this for me! I consider it such a beautiful gift <3 I wish I could hug you right now!

Just wanted to add my real life daughter Juliana just dyed her hair and it's almost that color, lol As far as I know she hasn'
    t adopted though! :\
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    Nursery is gorgeous, and I am sooo jealous of that kitchen! Beautiful work so far Suepea! :D
    Morakai wrote: »
    Nursery is gorgeous, and I am sooo jealous of that kitchen! Beautiful work so far Suepea! :D
    Thanks, Morakai -- you are a dear!
    h2xmsbl]
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @suepea‌

Very nice build ... I really like the tile under the kitchen table and the wallpaper in the nursery.
    The fireplace in the kitchen reminds me of the old plantation houses around here that actually have a "hearth room" off one side.

Very Good Work, Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    BlackSand wrote: »
    @suepea‌

Very nice build ... I really like the tile under the kitchen table and the wallpaper in the nursery.
    The fireplace in the kitchen reminds me of the old plantation houses around here that actually have a "hearth room" off one side.

Very Good Work, Happy Simming!

@BlackSand -- thanks so much for the lovely comment and for taking the time to look at my build. Much appreciated!
    h2xmsbl]
    Your WIP is looking very nice! :) The coat stand in the corner and the daffodil on the wall shelf in the entrance area looks homely, and the floor door mat is nice. Nice armchairs sitting nook beside the stairs, for sims to have a chat. The wall pattern is nice. The white brickwork texture of the bathroom is nice and it looks nice how you recoloured the towels. The floor rug is nice for sims to step out onto after having a bath. The parlour is very nice! The blue colour scheme of the seating and the pattern on the wall looks very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the sofa and armchairs in the room for sims to enjoy warming up in front of the fire and having a talk and a read of a book from the bookcase. Nice music area. It looks great how you have created the piano! Sims will enjoy playing the piano or enjoy sitting resting listening to the music being played. The pictures on the walls are nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there or playing the piano. . The candle wall lights on the music wall add a nice look to the room. It looks very nice how you have done the fireplace. The type of and how you have placed the curtains in the room looks nice. The clock is a nice homely touch in the corner nook. Very nice dining room! It looks very nice how you have done the display shelves section! The glasses on the tray look nice there. The floral pictures on the dining room walls are very nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting at the tables eating their meals. The floral floor mat is nice under the table. Very nice design, layout and furnishing of the kitchen! The kitchen fireplace is very nice! Nice eat in dining area. It looks very nice how you have done the patterned flooring there. The island bar stool counter is great. Very nice master bedroom! The clothes closet is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the curtains on the bed head and have the picture there for sims to see when laying in bed. Nice window study desk nook for sims to enjoy looking outdoors through the windows at the views whilst using the computer. Very nice vanity table in the ensuite bathroom! The double sinks and the gold mirrors look nice. The nursery is so very pretty! Very nice pattern that you have used for the walls and the blue colour scheme of the room is very nice. It looks nice how you have used the awnings there. Very nice cot alcove! It looks nice that you used the lights trees.
    It is looking very nice! :)
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Great pics, everything looks so cozy! :D
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    Great pics, everything looks so cozy! :D
    Thanks, @MeganJo!
    h2xmsbl]
    @rosemow -- my son came into the room last night and asked me why I was smiling. I told him I was reading one of your lovely comments about my build. He said, "she must be a very nice person." He's right!
    h2xmsbl]
    Sue stay safe and warm tonight and tomorrow. Our generators may be getting a work out! :|
    Couldn't resist posting a few more pictures for @tanubanue. I am making a witchy hangout for your Sims. It's in the space over the barn. Hope you like. Forgive Juliana Tester -- she loves her bathing suit!
    Screenshot-360_zps97371bf4.jpg
    Screenshot-363_zps1eb5f903.jpg
    Screenshot-362_zpscebd37df.jpg
    Screenshot-361_zps46f616e8.jpg
    h2xmsbl]
    The witch hangout looks very nice! :) Sims will enjoy using the cauldron there to make spells. The spider web pattern on the rocking chairs looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting reading and chatting there. The texture of the walls looks great and it looks very nice how you have placed the display cabinets and pictures on the walls. The type of and how you have placed the rugs under the fortune telling table looks great!
    Very nice furnishing of this room :)
    Sue ~ I love the magic work room! It looks roomy and homey all at the same time! I am getting super excited to see everything up close and in game. Not meaning to rush you just happy and excited! :D

I had to take my husband into Albany to the Medical center today and it's about an hour and a half drive. We were driving home and he made a comment that I had gotten quiet and hadn't said anything for quite awhile. He asked me what I was thinking about. I told him he wouldn't understand because I was thinking about this fantastic house and the sims that would be the first to live there, lol (after Juliana Tester and her adopted little one of course! ) So he then said "Oh it must be sims then." Lol he knows me so well!

No snow here yet.
    Tanu my dear -- I had some simming time this morning and I think I made good use of it! Here are some more WIP photos for your enjoyment. Sorry this is taking so long -- we are back to our busy phase so sometimes Sunday mornings are my only real time to go into my game. Anyway, enough excuses:

There are 4 bedrooms in the house: a master suite, a nursery, a young boy's room and a room for a young woman. I made the young woman's room very transitional -- she could be in her mid to late teens and approaching Young Adult stage. The room is sophiscated enough for an older Sim but with some younger touches (mostly in the art work) It could also be used as a second master as it has a large dressing room and bath. You might just want to switch out the artwork on the walls.
    Screenshot-364_zpsff85d8a5.jpg
    Screenshot-365_zps2047d4eb.jpg
    Screenshot-367_zps5bafbcda.jpg
    Screenshot-371_zps53af9c73.jpg
    Screenshot-370_zps16a1bab2.jpg

h2xmsbl]
    Now on to the little boy's room:
    Screenshot-375_zpsfabef4e8.jpg
    Screenshot-373_zpsc50331c1.jpg
    Screenshot-372_zps88c7678e.jpg
    And a quiet reading area in the upstairs hallway:
    Screenshot-377_zps902b8074.jpg
    Whew! Most of the inside is done, just a few little details to tend to. Then it's on to the landscaping and the house will be done! I hope you like!
    h2xmsbl]