Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    I am sorry for Nichol that she lost both martial arts matches! It was great that you were able to take a picture of Nichol and Zach side by side wearing their new higher level belts. It is very nice pictures of them enjoying spending time peacefully sitting and resting in the Scholar's Garden. It was very nice surroundings for them to enjoy sitting amongst and very nice calming natural views.
    It is nice that when day three comes, Nichol and Zach want to go home and see their grandchildren. They are caring grandparents.
    It was great reading about and seeing pictures of their time in Shang Simla :)
    I hope that Nichol has now got her work promotion.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    209572d1404191733-finest-posts-june-2014-winners-thank_you_very_very_very_very_much_front_5.jpg
    @christinebremner‌, @ciane‌, and @rosemow‌!!!

Your comments/compliments mean A LOT to me!!!
    This adventure made me smile and laugh a bit, hopefully you will too.

A bit of rambling while I try to respond to your various posts:
    Having already seen each grandchild at their next life stage, I would have a hard time choosing a favorite as each are cute in their own way.

It was the first time I took a couple on vacation and let the 2nd Sim do his own thing for a while... no lining up everything in Zach's queue. He is a fun Sim and I find myself periodically letting him be just to see what he will do. I typically control EVERYTHING & only have one Sim go on trips unless I am purposefully trying to do the action "try for baby" in a foreign locale. I was calm, collected and didn't zoom back & forth between them. Yay me!

I am thoroughly enjoying myself as I play, write & share these stories! They aren't my usual game but I think enough of my personality and the way I play comes across so people have a slightly better understanding of how I tick Sim-wise ;)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    It was a great visit to Shang Simla, meeting the locals, learning some songs, eating Chinese cuisine, and learning a bit of martial arts. Maybe not going on adventures and just enjoying yourself on vacation is the best way. I may try that.

I like the fact that they got alerts about the grandbaby's birthdays. I am anxious to see them as toddlers.

It's just like real life. You go away on a nice warm vacation and come back to see that your winter wonderland is still there. (Fortunately we both live in warmer climes and don't often have the frozen terrain and freezing temps, though this winter is an exception.)

Thank you for more sharing more story with us. I loved seeing everyone say good-bye the same way and the traits she shared with the others.

Disciplined wins over athletics in martial arts, but I bet Nichol would win in other sports. ; }

It is fun to see what happens and what choices Sims make when you aren't in control. I will have to play a hands off game sometime and see what happens.

I guess it's back to IP with me now. I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend.
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Great updates Addy! It was fun seeing Zack and Nichol in China although I admit it did make me miss my version of them, lol. Looking forward to seeing the Grandbabies age up. :)
    Hello Addy, Tanu, Ciane, Christine,and everyone else who has been visiting this thread. :) I hope that you have been having a nice weekend. Happy Simming to everyone! I will look forward to seeing the next updates that are posted of the legacies :)
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:
    TODAY is Rosie's Birthday!
    Bobby's, too!!

Nichol invited Nikki & family over to spend the day, hoping that Rosie and Bobby could share their special day.

To continue reading, please go to
    Have I Got A Story For You!
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    Happy Birthday to Rosie and Bobby! :) It is a very nice smile on the face of Rosie in her birthday picture. She looks so cute! She looks very happy, although later on she isn't happy because she wants to eat something. It is not good that Johnnie dropped his ice cream on the floor! It is nice that Reiley can now talk, and that Bobby has aged up into a toddler.
    It was very nice seeing and reading the update. :)
  • Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    Where did Rosie get her blonde hair?
    edited July 2017

Good question! As soon as I saw her age from infant to toddler, that is something I wondered about as well.

Perhaps from her paternal grandmother, Hannah Jones? She is considered to be a blonde.
    250?cb=20130625141503
    source: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Hannah_Jones

Jeremey's sister, Monica (born in-game) is a blonde. So it's very likely that it came from Jeremey's side of the family tree.

The founding couple, Zach & Nichol, came from Tanu so perhaps she could answer whether they are straight out of CAS or if there is blonde in either of their families ;)

And on a side-note:
    My hubby was blonde until around puberty when his hair considerably darkened and is now definitely considered to be brown. I am auburn (more reddish than brown in winter or if I spend much time out in the sun - risking sunburn as I have fairer skin - and when I get mad LOL). Our daughter is what is known as dirty-blonde. Although at certain moments when the sun hits, I can see a smidgeon of red here & there :)

I find it interesting how genetics come into play in both SimTime and real life.
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Your game is going fabulously @addy :) Rosie aged up to be a adorable toddler! :) I am enjoying reading and seeing the pictures to go with it, thank you for sharing your story. :) *HUGS*
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »

Good question! As soon as I saw her age from infant to toddler, that is something I wondered about as well.

Perhaps from her paternal grandmother, Hannah Jones? She is considered to be a blonde.
    250?cb=20130625141503
    source: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Hannah_Jones

Jeremey's sister, Monica (born in-game) is a blonde.
    2b5c44ec-4dd4-42d8-8772-020180914baf_zps70cf31b3.jpg?t=1422101144

So it is very likely that it came from Jeremey's side of the family tree.

The founding couple, Zach & Nichol, came from Tanu so perhaps she could answer whether they are straight out of CAS or if there is blonde in either of their families ;)

And on a side-note:
    My hubby was blonde until around puberty when his hair considerably darkened and is now definitely considered to be brown. I am auburn (more reddish than brown in winter or if I spend much time out in the sun - risking sunburn as I have fairer skin - and when I get mad LOL). Our daughter is what is known as dirty-blonde. Although at certain moments when the sun hits, I can see a smidgeon of red here & there :)

I find it interesting how genetics come into play in both SimTime and real life.

Probably from a great-grandparent, yeah. I had very very blond hair when I was little, and then it started darkening up and now it looks like a dark gold, a brighter gold when in the sun - though my brother has dirty-blond hair too, and my sister a lighter gold like me.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to Rosie and Bobby! :) It is a very nice smile on the face of Rosie in her birthday picture. She looks so cute! She looks very happy, although later on she isn't happy because she wants to eat something. It is not good that Johnnie dropped his ice cream on the floor! It is nice that Reiley can now talk, and that Bobby has aged up into a toddler.
    It was very nice seeing and reading the update. :)

Thanks, Rose!

I agree, Rosie is a real cutie! Her sweet face! Those adorable pointy ears! {Oh, Tanu... Looky looky! I kept this as a surprise for YOU to discover when reading this story. Hope you don't mind} I plan to get bin saves so I can play her later.

It is fun to move the camera angle around and capture unexpected moments. I often find myself pausing the game and moving from family member to member, just to see what they are up to when they finished their assigned tasks. Granted, I still control the majority of what each household member does but am slowly letting each have time here & there to do their own thing. This "letting Sims do whatever/whenever" may be the norm for others, but I have always directed mine to do what I want/when I want unless they get automatic actions that are beyond my control. Well, I should say used to do because I am obviously changing the way I play as a result of this legacy and what was my norm before will not be my "new norm" when I return to regular non-legacy playing LOL

Looking forward to seeing what else happens in my game!!!
    edited January 2015
    Rosie is adorable :) I'm happy she has the pointed ears like Bobby does too!

I'm happy too you're discovering your new 'norm' lol

All my pictures from the posts on page 4 back have disappeared :\
    Your game is going fabulously @addy :) Rosie aged up to be a adorable toddler! :) I am enjoying reading and seeing the pictures to go with it, thank you for sharing your story. :) *HUGS*

Thanks, Christine :)

Hmm... who is having more fun?
    You? Enjoying reading and seeing the pictures
    Me? Sharing this experience/story with all of y'all

I am officially passing the point of any of my previous attempts at playing a household through the generations.
    My largest attempt was 5 Sims - parents, older son & his fiance (both YA), younger daughter (teen & dating!) - & it was too much for me LOL

Now I am handling the SIX with relative ease, thus far **fingers crossed**, and have been seriously tempted by adding a pet **gasp**.
    Who is this person sitting in front of my keyboard? LOL

We shall have to wait and see what happens because with a Randomacy (emphasis on the random part of the word!), one never truly knows ;)

Probably from a great-grandparent, yeah. I had very very blond hair when I was little, and then it started darkening up and now it looks like a dark gold, a brighter gold when in the sun - though my brother has dirty-blond hair too, and my sister a lighter gold like me.

Your hair color sounds quite beautiful! I bet family outings include people turning around for a second look and admiring the three of you.
    Thanks for sharing :)

tanubanue wrote: »
    Rosie is adorable :) I'm happy she has the pointed ears like Bobby does too!

I'm happy too you're discovering your new 'norm' lol

All my pictures from the posts on page 4 back have disappeared :\

Oh, no! What happened to them?!
    They're from your studio, right? Hmm... that is weird.
    What happens when you go to your studio and peek at them? Do they show up like expected?
    Could the links have somehow changed and your story is pointing to ones that have been "moved" to the next seat over in your studio - meaning still there, just not exactly where they were before.

Curious and curiouser.
    Hope you can find them!

• simblisssimbliss Posts: 82 Member
    Maybe it's just me, but none of the pictures after Addy's initial post will post show up! :c I was really looking forward to following these stories.
    edited January 2015
    When I highlight the picture info after the red x in the box for Tanu's pictures and click on properties, I can highlight that info and copy and paste it to go to that url directly. It tells me the site is down for maintenance. (That doesn't mean it is... it is like the dishwasher and Liam.) BUT, it does mean that there is a problem with sharing pictures from the studio OR sharing too many pictures from a studio. Sigh. Maybe the problem will get fixed and they'll magically appear later. No one wants to reupload pictures all over again! Maybe uploading to an image site would give you shorter links though and lessen the change of a problem.

I know when I share images with long links on the forum, they often don't display. I think that is what happened here. this is the link for one picture: http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/375/103/018/00/screenshot_original.jpg
    When you put that in an image box all it shows is the last part: screenshot_original. And do you notice it has one spot with a double slash in the middle?
    So, when I put all that into the img codes:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    It's longer than the length of a line and that leads to problems.

I'd try to find an image share site with a short name and create a short user name and then copy the screenshots folder to the desktop or elsewhere and rename them before uploading. Then I'd create albums with short titles and subalbums with short titles to try and keep the image name as short as possible. For example Tanu/s3/ZN/C1/01.png would be user name Tanubanue Sims3 folder, Zac and Nichol subfolder, Chapter 1 subfolder, picture 1. The link would be longer because it would include http://sitename/ and possibly some other blah blah first.

I'm not saying that you should reupload pics, Tanu. It's just a problem I've noticed on this site. This is the way the logic behind the way I organize my pictures. I have fewer problems with pictures not showing on this forum when the image name is shorter.
    edited January 2015

Addy, I can see all your pictures.

I loved the last chapter. It was nice to see the sisters sharing sister time. And yes, Rosie is adorable! And I know you are very happy she got the ears. Now the question remains... will the ears appear in future generations for the heirs or only in the cousins?

Rose, I hadn't noticed he dropped his ice cream. I thought he was falling asleep and wanting coffee!

Tanu, I am so, so sorry your pictures aren't showing up. Hugs and distractions.
    snowman.jpg
    I'm not sure why they disappeared either. I've never kept pictures in my studio after I've uploaded them and never had a problem with them disappearing. As a matter of fact I have no pictures in my studio at the moment and I just went back to a very old thread I had to showcase a few builds and the pictures are still there safe and sound. Then I went to another thread and those pictures were gone. I have no idea what the difference is. Let's just hope no other pictures disappear.
    I thought if you deleted the pics from your studio, they aren't there to link to. I've deleted pics and found out the hard way that they didn't stay in the thread. Photobucket warns you that moving them or renaming them will break the link. So, maybe the very old thread linked differently? You didn't use a different photo site for them?

Did you notice your time hack was 1234?
    simbliss wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but none of the pictures after Addy's initial post will post show up! :c I was really looking forward to following these stories.

Hmm... odd stuff happening around here.
    I just went and checked each post of mine and all of my pictures are in place. I see them exactly as I placed them. I used Photobucket.
    Then I looked over Tanu's.
    Unfortunately, most of hers seem to be "on vacation" somewhere for the time being. She uploaded her screenshots into the My Studio.

Hopefully her studio sorts itself out/returns from vacation and all will be made visible again.

All I can say is keep checking in to see how things are going.
    **fingers crossed** for Tanu getting her beautiful pictures back in place where they belong.

I've never left them in my page but I may for the rest of this legacy. I'll just hold off on taking pictures in my other game for now. What I don't get is why pages 6 on are fine. They were all done the same way. Oh well forward ho as they say.... :)
    There might be a limit on what is kept in memory. Remember when the my pages were messed up and they fixed them saying that they'd only keep the last 1000 days or something like that. So, let's say that your old pics were on the old thread when you checked them awhile ago, before the my page fiasco and before adding a lot of new pics. The memory and amount of pics would have been less and maybe not an issue. Now, we have a limit and it won't retain the older ones. Just a thought. Hugs and happy thoughts.
    Hello to everyone :) My thoughts are with all the people from the U.S. that are in the areas where the snow blizzard and very heavy winds is forecast to affect.