Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inquisitr-"Did Maxis and EA Games just admit the game is a flop? "

Comments

• JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited January 2015
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Oh well bring on TS5.

I'll still play TS4, I'm not willing to give up on it this early. I liked OR it works well as a mini xpac and I'm looking forward to hearing news of the first expansion pack. I think they need to win over a large % of people who aren't purchasing the game by creating free content or the best xpac ever. Including toddlers, babies that can move around freely (I don't really care they aren't babies for long in my game, but I do miss toddlers), and maybe they should do another poll to see what people want. I think a mixture of two xpacs but fully thought out would be nice. Nothing like TS3.

If they decided to scrap TS4 and make TS5 they should compensate the people who bought all versions at full price for not continuing TS4.

I like TS4 and would be upset if they scrapped it. If they did scrap it they need to make it quick, hire on extra people dedicated to Sims and an alpha/beta team of players to do it.

@bobyo2001‌, also I doubt that if they have to scrap The Sims 4 that they'll continue with The Sims at all.
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    colton147 wrote: »
    Nope it is Lyndsay. It is truly unfortunate.

I like Lyndsay though. :(

You can still like her lol. She has lost her way with this is all, at least she can be honest and come out and admit it. That leaves the door open to relearn, which can be a good thing.

The idea is when you make a mistake admit it, learn from it and try again.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Marty KeatonMarty Keaton Posts: 37 Member
    Why did you guys lol my post? I was being serious... I don't understand :(
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    Nope it is Lyndsay. It is truly unfortunate.

I like Lyndsay though. :(

You can still like her lol. She has lost her way with this is all, at least she can be honest and come out and admit it. That leaves the door open to relearn, which can be a good thing.

The idea is when you make a mistake admit it, learn from it and try again.
    This is way Sims 4 is on disappointing lists, it's even the reason why this speculations exists. If only EA would quit the silence and admit they 'interpreted data wrongly' it will be much better for them. If Sims 3 went on trail 5 months after release or people were quitting no one would bat an eyelash because the game was doing well in reception and sales, however, Sims 4's shady sales and bad reputation is giving rise to speculation.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Sims 1, 2 and 3 :
    Folly_j_you_re_perfect.gif

The Flop 4 :
    tumblr_m6a75lHXz91qabbtoo1_500.gif

I had to LOL because Ryan is just so funny :P
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Kael wrote: »
    If it would take them "years" to make a bear I can't begin to imagine what's left of the Sims team.

Maybe it's just Grant playing out a Wizard of Oz fantasy because the rest of his team has been fired or quit.

Seriously, if it takes you years to animate a bear, and you don't have an absolute bare bones team, then there is either a resource allocation problem or a skill problem.

From his "Too hard and too expensive" comments I'm thinking it's a combination of both.

What irrtates me all that time "animating a bear", but no we can't make toddlers.....that is a facepalm moment
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    If it would take them "years" to make a bear I can't begin to imagine what's left of the Sims team.

Maybe it's just Grant playing out a Wizard of Oz fantasy because the rest of his team has been fired or quit.

Seriously, if it takes you years to animate a bear, and you don't have an absolute bare bones team, then there is either a resource allocation problem or a skill problem.

From his "Too hard and too expensive" comments I'm thinking it's a combination of both.

What irrtates me all that time "animating a bear", but no we can't make toddlers.....that is a facepalm moment

Don't forget the new farting from the camping gamepack!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »

Don't forget the new farting from the camping gamepack!

This, more than anything, shows the need for them to hire a new creative director sooner rather than later.

• SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    Imagine if this game was still under Will Wrights creative control... The Sims 4 would have been a masterpiece in gaming.
    Badmagic wrote: »
    15 years and this is how it ends.

Not angry any more, just feel a bit sick when I think how this played out in the end, practically a licence to print money just thrown away through abuse of their audience.

This is the way The Sims ends

Not with a bang but a whimper.

(With apologies to T.S. Eliot)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Nah, The game has weak points. True not every game in the series will be a success. But the Sims 4 is long from flopping.
    The Sims Team and Maxis just need fix the problems minor details before proceeding.
    Seems like everything that people think is a minor detail is being routed as a tedious, long process that takes years to finish. Since that is the reasoning then it's not worth it do those supposed minor details. Nope, that will not fix it either if you take what the Sims team with a grain of salt. :frowning:
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
    It's heartbreaking because their hubris and stubbornness is going to ruin what was once the only life simulation game on the market.

The words:

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

certainly can apply to EA in this regard.

Marcus Aurelius
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    JCsS1MS wrote: »
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Oh well bring on TS5.

I think a mixture of two xpacs but fully thought out would be nice. Nothing like TS3.

If they decided to scrap TS4 and make TS5 they should compensate the people who bought all versions at full price for not continuing TS4.

@bobyo2001‌, also I doubt that if they have to scrap The Sims 4 that they'll continue with The Sims at all.
    There are problems with those things though. For example, I myself refuse to pay for certain features that have been with us since 2000-2004, it's awful business practice and will simply not support it and I definitely know there's several others who think the same way.

If they decided to scrap TS4 which I find highly unlikely, then of course they'd have to handle those who own the base game and whatever packs came out which would be a drastic hit. That's why I simply can't imagine EA doing that much less admitting they screwed up the game.

And if they decide not to continue The Sims at all, so be it. I'd rather see a treasured franchise finish with its head high than milked and twisted to the ground.
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I do enjoy the game when I play. Yes, I miss my TODDLERS, (not shouting at anyone here, just trying to get the PTB to notice). I have to say that my initial response to them putting it up for free, did scream out for more to try the game, as if sales were seriously lagging. (Shameless.) Then I got angry. (I paid $60.64 for my disk copy, Limited Edition.) If what the author of the article suggests that this freebie (although limited in time) is the anniversary celebratory "gift" then it's truly a slap in the face to those of us who did pony up the bucks for the game. They can make me feel so much better should they release a patch with TODDLERS in it in the fourth of Feb. I do agree with the article that perhaps EA does need a new Creative Director. In fact, I hope that person was fired for the lousy job done. (Please tell me the former CD isn't in a back room somewhere collecting back pay and a HUGE bonus.) Face/palm.

They should have let everyone tried it before release. Though that might have heard their sales, I know people trying the game and they can't even stand to finish those 48 hours :/ I honestly, doubt toddlers being added since everything is too hard and expensive, they didn't even think carrying babies was important enough to spend time on. @blewis823‌

You rang? *in my Lurch voice* Some of you might understand that. ;)
    Just wanted to thank you for this thread and the discussion here is quite interesting. I am still catching up. Only on page 6. #Pray4LateOnes #TS4FansRMad

• Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    SuRihtanil wrote: »
    Imagine if this game was still under Will Wrights creative control... The Sims 4 would have been a masterpiece in gaming.

I can't help but feel like he's weeping as he looks at this franchise...
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited January 2015
    This game flops like a Magikarp.

Flop flop flop

But as soon as they make a TS5 it becomes a Gyarados B)
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Will EA ever learn?

All I want is a real Sims game that surpasses TS/TS2/TS3 combined in almost every way. Yes it's hard work, yes it would take a lot of time to create but I would willingly buy most if not everything related to TS if they bring a well thought out and flexible game engine. This is 2015, not 2009, not 2004 and not 2000. Go big or go home EA. Not many want less for more money but many are willing to pay more money for more "in-depth" gameplay/content/features/etc.

Stop being underhanded and create a decent product and I'm sure you'll make more money by spending more money. TS series, I believe has the capability to achieve even more record breaking statistics but EA refuses to listen and act. How's that working for you EA? You ignore the hugest supporters of TS series and they ignore you. Duh.

Preach! Will you listen EA? I have no problem saying "take all my monies" if you actually put in the work and expense. This game was my first love in PC video gaming, I have played no other. I had no problem spending the extras I had saved for months to buy a computer hardware anything to play this game. I would continue to do so if EAxis thought we were worth it. I wish you could pretend, make me believe you care but now you have left me flat, for a younger demographics. Hope they can love you more than I could, I wish you well Sims games.

• Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    > @GrayLady2010 said:
    > Badmagic wrote: »
    >
    > 15 years and this is how it ends.
    >
    > Not angry any more, just feel a bit sick when I think how this played out in the end, practically a licence to print money just thrown away through abuse of their audience.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Absolutely agree. I feel the same way. All of the money we would be more than happy to throw at them is being rebuffed because their vision doesn't include core simmers. Instead EA would rather take chances with tweeners that have no vested interest in the game - and for the most part, no money of their own to purchase the game. If mom/dad says "no" there's another potential sale lost. It's heartbreaking because their hubris and stubbornness is going to ruin what was once the only life simulation game on the market. Now it's just a horrifically programmed rpg. So sad and ridiculous.

I've been a fan since 2001 and I feel like a small part of me is dying... I just can't believe this is what TS has come to.

I downloaded the free trial, played for about 3 hours and the feeling I got was "Meh...". The confusing changes to the UI and lack of serious content is really disappointing and uninteresting.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top