Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inquisitr-"Did Maxis and EA Games just admit the game is a flop? "

06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
This article intrigued me by questioning the motives behind the free trail of the game. This is all just speculation at the end but intriguing none the less.
As much as EA Games and their subsidiary, Maxis, are trying to do damage control for The Sims 4, the fact is that fans have been increasingly disillusioned with the lack of content available at launch, going so far as to compile lists of features available in previous games, but missing from The Sims 4. The biggest missing feature so far is the tiny toddler life stage.
The trial offer and the recent announcement that Maxis is searching for a new Creative Director may mean that EA Games is finally ready to admit that The Sims 4 is as big of a disappointment as some fans have said.

Link

27/01/15
A new article seems to support these claims

Link
The publisher also confirmed today that another expansion for The Sims 4 has also been delayed to sometime in fiscal 2016. EA did not provide any further details about the expansion.

EA is currently holding a earnings call discussing these results and answering analyst and media questions. Check back soon for more.
What do you think? Is EA giving up on Sims 4? Is the trail a last attempt to gain an audience for the game? Sims 4 has yet to have a expansion pack announcement and we are closing in on 5 months after release.

Special thanks @JULES1111‌ for the article

No flaming, please. Let's have a civilized discussion
Post edited by 06Bon06 on

Comments

• Options
    Looking for a new creative director? Hmm.. Who is the current creative director?

http://careersearch.ea.com/redwood-city/game-design/jobid5537106-creative-director-jobs
    In case anyone is interested.

I must be terrible at google searching because I can only find the guy that left in 2013 after Simscity failed miserably
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    EA has done trails for other games that are considered successful, fun games by most of the players so no I don't think that means well anything. EA and other big gaming companies have also fired, relocated, and hired new staff throughout games development. I believe it's a bit of a stretch to say these things mean EA is going to "admit sims 4 is a flop," which honestly is just an opinion of the article's author., not everyone feels that way. I do not believe it means EA is giving up on Sims 4 either. I mean game pack has been released with positive reviews and mac version of base and game pack is being released soon too.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I have said for awhile that what will tell the story of the Sims 4 success is not their initial sales, but the sale of their first expansion pack. That the free trial happened so soon after the release of Outdoor Retreat makes me think perhaps it didn't do as well as expected. But since they haven't dropped the price of OR yet, who knows. Then again, if they dropped the price of OR this early, it would make a lot of people angry and they must know that so perhaps that shouldn't be taken into account.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    It's just a job ad, and it isn't specified if it's connected to Sims at all, for all we know it can be some Spore sequel in development.
    Anyway, it doesn't mean Sims 4 is flop. It's not as successful as they wanted it to be otherwise we'd see some numbers.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Looking for a new creative director? Hmm.. Who is the current creative director?

http://careersearch.ea.com/redwood-city/game-design/jobid5537106-creative-director-jobs

Ray Mazza
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »
    I have said for awhile that what will tell the story of the Sims 4 success is not their initial sales, but the sale of their first expansion pack. That the free trial happened so soon after the release of Outdoor Retreat makes me think perhaps it didn't do as well as expected. But since they haven't dropped the price of OR yet, who knows. Then again, if they dropped the price of OR this early, it would make a lot of people angry and they must know that so perhaps that shouldn't be taken into account.

However, Sims 4 has constantly been on sales, shops still having old stock that just isn't selling.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

Ray Mazza

Ray left in February of 2014, they have been operating without a creative director for almost a year?!

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

However, Sims 4 has constantly been on sales, shops still having old stock that just isn't selling.

I went to my local Wal Mart and they were sold out of the game.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited January 2015
    06Bon06 wrote: »

The sales are pretty normal especially since two were for Black Friday and after black friday online Monday sales. The first sale was right after the initial new game launch period, which I have seen other new games do too without people saying it's a flop. Sims 3 was also constantly in stock in stores, I got sims 3 collection edition in best buy a week after the launch. There were still several copies on the shelf.

edited: Won't let me say a non-bad word lol so explained the long way.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    Cyber Monday.
    What's this? Forum got glitched again?!

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Desperation! That's the word I was looking for. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited January 2015
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Oh well bring on TS5.

If the Sims 4 isn't successful, then there won't be a Sims 5... Ever.

And you can say bye to all of Maxis, because they would be shut down and lose all their jobs - and the forum will be shut down.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top