Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lord Of The Rings World DOWNLOAD IS UP!!!

Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
PLEASE DO NOT REUPLOAD / ALTER OR CLAIM AS YOUR OWN
I'm a huge fan of The Lord Of The Rings and I play a bunch of fantasy themed games :-) I decided to try and create a middle earth / Lord of the rings sims 3 world and wanted to share it with you guys :smile:

REQUIREMENTS:

You MUST have the following in order to run this world:

➤ Expansion packs: Pets, World Adventures, Supernatural
➤ Store packs: None
➤ CC: A bit. All custom content included with the download.

Feedback?

We would love any given feedback for the world! This is a BETA version so there hasn’t been a lot of testing yet, please do share if you find any errors! We follow the tag SIMS3LOTR

➤ Remember! This is a BETA and not the finished version of Middle-Earth.
➤ There are no tombs in the BETA version
➤ The residential lots are all unfurnished but the community lots are furnished
➤ Please report to us if you find any errors and bugs! This will be corrected in the ALPHA version
➤ The BETA version doesn’t contain any rabbit rugs, workplaces or schools

Download the world: Simfilesharenet / Mediafire

EDIT: I now have a co-builder Crowkeeper from MTS who made all these wonderful authentic buildings for the LOTR world :smile::smiley:
tumblr_nsiaexuw4V1tep20co1_540.png
tumblr_nqpsh245ye1tep20co1_540.png
tumblr_nqpsh245ye1tep20co3_540.png
tumblr_nqpsh245ye1tep20co2_540.png
tumblr_nqpsh245ye1tep20co5_540.png
tumblr_nqpsh245ye1tep20co7_r1_540.png
tumblr_nqpsh245ye1tep20co4_540.png
tumblr_nqpsh245ye1tep20co6_r1_540.png
tumblr_nr4sbeqECX1tep20co1_540.png
tumblr_o1ts94giXc1tep20co1_1280.png
tumblr_o1gds4nQrn1tep20co5_1280.png
tumblr_o1i5gmgQsO1tep20co1_1280.png
tumblr_o1gdq4rVGZ1tep20co4_1280.png
tumblr_o1erpiFVLz1useog9o2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nxumbb52Kd1tep20co4_1280.png
tumblr_nwqdeu4Wlr1tep20co5_540.png
tumblr_nv8x4nvivO1tep20co4_1280.png
tumblr_nvn62iEnGC1useog9o4_1280.jpg
tumblr_nud49htYzo1tep20co4_1280.png

Map pictures:

tumblr_o1ttcgww3h1tep20co1_1280.png
tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co1_1280.png
tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co2_1280.png
tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co6_1280.png
tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co7_1280.png
tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co9_1280.png
tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co8_1280.png
tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co10_1280.png
tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co5_1280.png
tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co3_1280.png

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited January 2015
    I really like it. Good work and atmosphere! It has been a long time since I've seen or read anything Lord of the Rings related, so I don't think I can provide much insight on that, but I think it turned out nicely. It's also nice to see a new world appear here (there hasn't been much since The Sims 4).
  • SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    My the terrain looks natural. I play lord of the rings all the time and love it are you going to build all of the parts/locations from lord of the rings or just this one part. I can't wait for it to be done.
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    @Shadecaster101‌ I agree. I love everything fantasy or medieval themed, so I thought it was about time to create a world with such a theme :-) I have The Sims 4, but as a base game I get bored quite easily with it. Hopefully more people will create some nice sims 3 worlds! Thank you for the nice comment too :smile:

@SandraKB‌ Thank you so much for the comment. What lord of the rings game do you play? OLOTR or a sims 3 based one? I am currently done with The Shire, then I am doing Mirkwood (Elven home) and the Town Of Bree :smile: If you have any suggestions, that would be great!
    So here's an update on The Shire! Most houses are finished, but unfurnished on purpose, and I just need to repaint mailboxes and dumpsters :smile:
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    Those pictures do look beautiful and have a tranquility to them which is very attractive.

I'll be very interested to see how your project develops, you've chosen a theme that is so appealing and would, I imagine, keep you occupied for quite a while.

I'm just thinking what the NRaas traveller mod could do for your project - I'd love to take my sims off for a vacation to Mordor. I can see them now, shopping for rings in the souvenir shop :D
    Don't feed the trolls
    Gaxili1 wrote: »
    @Shadecaster101‌ I agree. I love everything fantasy or medieval themed, so I thought it was about time to create a world with such a theme :-) I have The Sims 4, but as a base game I get bored quite easily with it. Hopefully more people will create some nice sims 3 worlds! Thank you for the nice comment too :smile:

@SandraKB‌ Thank you so much for the comment. What lord of the rings game do you play? OLOTR or a sims 3 based one? I am currently done with The Shire, then I am doing Mirkwood (Elven home) and the Town Of Bree :smile: If you have any suggestions, that would be great!

your houses look great I think the textures for the walls looks great you are doing a great job on the shire. I play LOTR War in the North and The Return of the King also I hope to get the new one called Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. I don't play online all of my games are for the PC.

I am currently creating 2 worlds one is Darnassus, Teldrassil Island from WOW also I'm creating a world from The Legend of Korra: The Air Temple Island.
    @ratsrbest‌ Hehe thank you so much! Your comment literally made me smile, and I do see the opportunities Nraas traveller mod could do for this world. I will try and update as much as possible in here, luckily it's weekend tomorrow and I can get some more detailed pictures to share :smile:

@SandraKB‌ Oh I haven't tried any of those games! I should definitely look into that, I'm quite the Tolkien fan. I saw your Teldrassil world, it was my favorite place when I played the vanilla edition of WoW! I am eager to see your progress on it :smiley:
    World update
    Slowly The Town Of Bree is taking form.. :smile:
    tumblr_nijnssjR9s1tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_nijnssjR9s1tep20co2_1280.png
    Looks really good, I do hope you upload these worlds when you are finished! :)
    @SandraKB‌ Thank you so much! It will all be in the same world 2048x2048 pixels large and the goal is to upload it :smiley:
    tumblr_nilhxpWvyG1tep20co10_1280.png
    tumblr_nilhxpWvyG1tep20co4_1280.png
    tumblr_nilhxpWvyG1tep20co6_1280.png
    tumblr_nilhxpWvyG1tep20co3_1280.png
    tumblr_nilhxpWvyG1tep20co5_1280.png
    tumblr_nilhxpWvyG1tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_nilhxpWvyG1tep20co7_1280.png
    tumblr_nilhxpWvyG1tep20co8_1280.png
    tumblr_nilhxpWvyG1tep20co9_1280.png
    Mirkwood lot! :smile:
    tumblr_nh6vfn0O841tep20co2_1280.png
    tumblr_nh6vfn0O841tep20co4_1280.png
    I love the colours of Mirkwood - it's got that mellow, late afternoon look that I love so much.

Bree looks smashing too, I like to play a Medieval game and try to make several small villages per neighbourhood. They just have a nice 'feel' to them that's very enjoyable to play :)

Thanks for taking the time to put up pictures when you've been so busy.
    Don't feed the trolls
    @ratsrbest‌ Thank you for the sweet note, it made me happy :wink: The Mirkwood shots were taken at dawn and I think that might add to the atmosphere. I agree! Which medieval worlds have you been playing so far? Oh and of course! I like to share the progress :blush:

tumblr_nip2j96BrG1tep20co8_1280.pngtumblr_nip2j96BrG1tep20co2_1280.pngtumblr_nip2j96BrG1tep20co5_1280.pngtumblr_nip2j96BrG1tep20co3_1280.pngtumblr_nip2j96BrG1tep20co6_1280.pngtumblr_nip2j96BrG1tep20co7_1280.png
    Oh and here's another update :blush:
    tumblr_niof3wpeqj1tep20co4_1280.png
    tumblr_niof3wpeqj1tep20co2_1280.png
    tumblr_niof3wpeqj1tep20co3_1280.png
    tumblr_niof3wpeqj1tep20co5_1280.png
    The Dwelling Of Forefathers

This is a community lot / small park in my lord of the rings world :-) It’s not entirely done yet, but it is building up nicely! I made small areas in the park for elven folk to come and think. Important decisions can be made here! :-)
    I love these pictures, your world is turning out greater by the day I can't wait to see the finished product and i will be watching for more updates. Is there CC or MODS in your world and will it be available to download from media fire or the community?
    @SandraKB‌ Thank you Sandra for all the support! I am glad to hear you like it, I will make sure to update this evening ;-) There is a very smal lamounts of CC - Currently it is just 1 wall paint and 3 statues. I might redo it so there won't be any CC at all. Otherwise it's using Supernatural, Pets, Basegame, Late night and a few store objects.

It will be available to download from Mediafire I think :blush: Would you prefer The Community?
    Hi Gaxili1
    Thanks for your response, did you make the wall paper and 3 statues? they look really nice and I do like them. :) . I download from both sites.
    @ratsrbest‌ Thank you for the sweet note, it made me happy :wink: The Mirkwood shots were taken at dawn and I think that might add to the atmosphere. I agree! Which medieval worlds have you been playing so far? Oh and of course! I like to share the progress :blush:

I just knew you were going to say that picture was taken at dawn :D

And it's a pleasure to come here and see your progress. I love the mountainous look and feel of the world.

I downloaded Praaven by JJE 1000 a little while ago and loved it but it was getting a bit laggy due, I think, to some routing issues.

Because of that I copied my favourite hovels and houses from there and put them into an empty world made by BakaFox. I was so lucky finding some medieval clothing and nearly cried during Winter season when the world was beautifully blanketed in snow :)

Don't feed the trolls
    @SandraKB‌ Unfortunately not, the statues are conversions from The Sims Medieval but I might replace them with some of the EP statues instead :wink: But I want to keep it to almost no CC :blush:
    The Sims Medieval, I have that game how did you do that.
    @ratsrbest‌ That sounds so nice! Praaven is my favorite sims 3 world by far, but I agree on the lag. I'm not able to play more than 5 generations and that's not suitable for a Kingdom :wink: I did a cleanup and found approxemently 20.000+ objects in Praaven when you install it (Including objects in the houses etc.) and when I cleaned out the city for objects my game was a whole lot better. This is why I am considering not to furnish my houses in this Middle earth world, so it won't be too laggy. But I haven't decided yet! What do you think? :smiley: And thank you for all the support, makes me wanna build even more :blush:

@SandraKB‌ I didn't convert them (I still need to learn to do that properly :wink: ) But you can download most beds, chairs, clothing etc. from CocoMama here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=20796;sa=showPosts :blush: I hope that helped!
    World progress so far
    tumblr_nir2gzAsxl1tep20co5_540.png
    tumblr_nir2gzAsxl1tep20co1_540.png
    tumblr_nir2gzAsxl1tep20co6_540.png
    tumblr_nir2gzAsxl1tep20co2_540.png
    tumblr_nir2gzAsxl1tep20co7_540.png
    tumblr_nir2gzAsxl1tep20co8_r1_540.png
    tumblr_nir2gzAsxl1tep20co4_540.png
    Wow! this really looking great :) and thank you for the link I will check it out. I will be watching for more updates.
    edited January 2015
    @ratsrbest‌ That sounds so nice! Praaven is my favorite sims 3 world by far, but I agree on the lag. I'm not able to play more than 5 generations and that's not suitable for a Kingdom :wink: I did a cleanup and found approxemently 20.000+ objects in Praaven when you install it (Including objects in the houses etc.) and when I cleaned out the city for objects my game was a whole lot better. This is why I am considering not to furnish my houses in this Middle earth world, so it won't be too laggy. But I haven't decided yet! What do you think? :smiley:And thank you for all the support, makes me wanna build even more :blush:

My cunning plan is working :P

Your new pictures really do look gorgeous - I think the terrain colours can sometimes make or break a world and yours are subtle and contribute greatly to the atmosphere. I like that your roads aren't overwhelming too.

I've made a couple of half-hearted attempts to clean up Praaven a bit but I enjoy having a go at making up neighbourhoods (not from scratch) so it was a bit easier to just choose some of my favourite cc and throw it all together. Hearing that you found 20,000+ objects makes me feel relieved I went for the easier option :D

Oh - I never mind furnishing houses myself, but I couldn't guess how others feel on that one. If there's the possibility of lag, I suppose the wisest course is to make it as unlikely as possible. I do think it can be a bit jarring to look inside a medieval house and find modern plumbing,
    though and there are no base game alternatives :)
    Post edited by ratsrbest on
    Don't feed the trolls
  • rkm282rkm282 Posts: 59 Member
    I can see this becoming my favourite world! You have done an amazing job so far, I can't wait to see further updates and your finished world. I've been looking at downloading Praaven, but I think I'm going to wait for this one ;o) My Elvish sim is going to love investigating this world! Wonderful job so far :oD And I love that you're not furnishing the houses inside, that's been the one thing that has made me hesitant to download Praaven in case of laggng. Although it does look stunning to look at from the photos I've seen ;o)

Your Middle Earth looks glorious so far and I loved the light at dawn in Mirkwood and the terrain painting too! Are you going to be adding a Lothlorien and or Rivendell and can sims travel up into the mountains on journeys between the different towns?
    Origin ID: rkm282

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top