Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Extravagant wedding gifts

In my current game, my sims recently got married and they received gifts (as you do) but they were no ordinary gifts. They got a fountain, worth 55000, a statue, worth 14000 and a few other odd gifts like paintings and such making the total amount up to 75000. Of course, I sold all the gifts as they all looked a bit weird when placed outside their little shack of a home and I put the money towards building them a new house.

I was wondering what the best wedding gifts your sims have ever received and has this ever happened to you or do my sims just have extra generous friends and co-workers? :smiley:

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    In the past mine have received those as well, but the best one came from the mother in law. When my sim got married, I was not playing with any cheats, and my sim was very poor. Eventually she married, was given a statue, the one that looks like the jet, the same one you see at the Sunset Valley Military base. It was in turn sold, and the newly married couple was able to move into a much bigger home. Her husband's LT wish was to have a big family, so it was something that was needed.

Another time, and this was not a wedding gift, but one of those gifts that are given because another sim wishes to date another. Matthew Hamming gave one of my sims a very expensive paintings.
  • NevillsNevills Posts: 505 Member
    I think the most expensive gift I got was an expensive statue. Sometimes my sims get super awesome gifts and other times they get cheap paintings and whatnot.
    I'm a WoW playing, Doctor Who watching, Harry Potter reading, fan fiction writing simmer who is without a doubt a geek (and sometimes a super hero).

My wishlist
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited January 2015
    Yeah sometimes my sims get some good stuff, I don't remember many examples. One sim did get a large skating rink from her dad... I think it was bigger than her whole house, like thanks dad for this gift you know I can't use. She sold it though. I think she got a couple nice gifts, she knew some wealthy celebrities. Made her little home a bit nicer buying stuff she wanted with the money :mrgreen:
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I love it when my sims get the real good stuff and they can afford to redecorate. There have been several times over the course of 5 years that my sims got good stuff. One couple comes to mind when they started their family a little too early and had to use extra money to build a nursery. They got the huge fountain from Jack Bunch...the one that cost $75,000 and was able to re-decorate in style. As a result, Jack became a very good friend. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    My current couple has a bowling alley in their family inventory. It must have come from getting married, because I don't remember buying it for them.

They live in a really tiny, mostly unpopulated world, basically up in the mountains. So that must have been from some really generous paparazzi sim. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    giphy.gif

• KittyKatieKittyKatie Posts: 276 Member
    Ah, interesting! The expensive water fountain was from a past romantic interest, now friend, of the male sim. The female sim is pretty good friends with all of her co-workers and many of them have expressed their admiration for her through the regular love letters that appear in the mail :p I guess there's no hard feelings and they're genuinly happy for the recently married couple :D Just hoping I get the same response in the upcoming gift giving hehe B)