Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Free Trial

Comments

• Options
    SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    meredisu wrote: »
    Hagfisher wrote: »
    meredisu wrote: »
    I accidentally closed the game and now it says I hve 23 hours left but can no longer play the game? can anyone tell me what happened? I was thinking about buying put probably am not now since I didn't even get to play it

From what I can tell this problem is happening with several other people, so you aren't the only one. Last I heard they are working on fixing this.
    thank you :) it's a shame because if I had liked it and the next time it went on sale I probably would have bought it :( so I hope I get a chance to play it before the time runs out

Hi there Meredisu,

Sorry for all the trouble you are having would you mind PM'ing @SimGuruBChick with all the information that you have, she has been asking everyone to submit these types of errors to her! Hope you get it sorted out!

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,904 Member
    Lol lol lol lol lol

*cough* FAIL FAIL *cough**cough**cough*
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    lyra wrote: »

I have said that I would not play it even if it were free. Guess what? I didn't lie. Not going to try the free trial. TSW has bonus BB and 50% more points for their new issues this weekend; that is where I am spending my free 48 hours this weekend. :smiley:

For those that cannot decide, this is a great opportunity to try the game. If you were wondering if it will run on your computer, this is a great time to try it.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    alright...so i downloaded it just to give it a try but i have no real intentions of buying it...ever.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    Well I am trying it. It is the slowest download I have ever seen. I actually bought the game when it was on sale on Origin. My computer is old and really did not show me everything and I had a small technical problem. When I saw this I said what the heck why not. I just hope I am not up all night getting it downloaded. It is almost midnight where I am. I need my sleep. At least 15mins and I am only at 36% wow.

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    Lol lol lol lol lol

*cough* FAIL FAIL *cough**cough**cough*

You sound sick bb...
    article-2217777-02358A79000005DC-298_233x423.jpg
  • Options
    BayalynnBayalynn Posts: 67 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    There's not enough money in the world that could make me be a moderator on this site. Patience escapes me. *shaking my head* *reading SimGuruBChick's wall*
    I know right ? xD
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Oh wow 54% since I made my first post in this topic :D How slow can you go :o
  • Options
    BayalynnBayalynn Posts: 67 Member
    winterloc wrote: »

Don't jinx yourself @winterloc‌ xD
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Bayalynn wrote: »
    winterloc wrote: »

Don't jinx yourself @winterloc‌ xD

You must be psychic my dish washer in real life just broke and I have a full dishwasher load. Guess I will be doing dishes tomorrow instead of playing this game :D
    Oh wait I better do a speed test on my internet. I thought I had 60mps :D Download now at 66%
  • Options
    80% mark now. I had time to but on my P.J's
  • Options
    Ok it is done downloading now it is installing what did take almost an hour of download time :|
  • Options
    LysandersgrrlLysandersgrrl Posts: 56 Member
    I agree this is totally a last attempt in order to boost sales. It is pathetic. If they really cared what fans thought this would have been offered before the release. I still want toddlers and they are doing this and releasing game packs? Smdh.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well its not only the Sims 4 thoug, just need to mention that. Well i don't really care what kind of marketing they doing.
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    I agree this is totally a last attempt in order to boost sales. It is pathetic. If they really cared what fans thought this would have been offered before the release. I still want toddlers and they are doing this and releasing game packs? Smdh.

you cant spell Steal without an EA.
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Wylsey wrote: »
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Jesus, High fives after woohooing? ... I feel like this game was made by frat guys! 🐸🐸🐸🐸! :confused:

No, it's worse. It's a fist bump just before woohooing.

Oh... So, it is the Jersey Shore version of TS
    Seems like this game is geared towards frat boys.

Ahh, Makes you wonder if the new team they used to develop the game were fresh out of university.
    I have not played it yet and I'm honestly not excited to. Someone tell me something exciting.

You may as well try it... especially since it's free. I despise it... BUT... you can really make some hot guys in the game. And watching their pert little pixelated behinds carried me for far... faaaaar longer in this boring game than it should have.
    Guys don't interest me. Can you make good looking females? The sims from TS2 and 3 in general all looked hideous cc-less.

You should see my Sims to answer that question :)
  • Options
    Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    Personally, I don't need a free demo to entice me to buy this game. I need:

- Toddlers
    - An infant that's not attached to a crib
    - Family Tree
    - Less loading screens
    - True and controlled emotions
    - No bugs / glitches
    - A truly offline game (not dependent on Origin, not even for downloads)
    - Story Progression (as an option)
    - More interactions

I have read and seen enough reviews on many different sites to know that this game, in its current state, is not for me. Not even for free.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    EA has done this with all their other games too. So why don't you want them to boost sales for the Sims 4 too? Because you want them to stop making Sims games except for the Sims free play?

Toddlers may still come in a Family GP or a Generations GP. But you don't want that either?

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    It's at 45%... still not excited.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

- Toddlers
    - Family Tree
    - Less loading screens
    - No bugs / glitches
    - More interactions

I have read and seen enough reviews on many different sites to know that this game, in its current state, is not for me. Not even for free.

So you always go by other people's opinions? Why not actually experience the game yourself with this free trial?
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    EA has done this with all their other games too. So why don't you want them to boost sales for the Sims 4 too? Because you want them to stop making Sims games except for the Sims free play?

Toddlers may still come in a Family GP or a Generations GP. But you don't want that either?

There's no need for that, you are actually casting aspersions on that user @Erpe and it's against the rules.

Clearly she cares. She cares about the integrity of the base game. Just because she doesn't agree with you doesn't make her wrong. Many of us don't want to be forced into paying more for base game content because we aren't happy with the base game in it's current state. That doesn't make you superior because you would.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2015
    I think its a great thing they have done :D

edit

maybe some simmers will try and love it

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    edited January 2015
    alan650111 wrote: »

- Toddlers
    - Family Tree
    - Less loading screens
    - No bugs / glitches
    - More interactions

So you always go by other people's opinions? Why not actually experience the game yourself with this free trial?

Maybe because she knows what makes the game special for her and is wise enough to make her judgement by looking at what's missing from the way she likes to play. Notice one of her reasons that I've bolded. Maybe you can understand better reading that now :) press show previous quotes to see :)
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member

- Toddlers
    - Family Tree
    - Less loading screens
    - No bugs / glitches
    - More interactions

Maybe because she knows what makes the game special for her and is wise enough to make her judgement by looking at what's missing from the way she likes to play. Notice one of her reasons that I've bolded. Maybe you can understand better reading that now :) press show previous quotes to see :)

So agree. Pensacola2010 gave a very specific list of things needed to make the game enjoyable to them. Call me crazy, but I trust grown people to know their own minds.

Some things you just don't need first hand experience with to know it's not for you. I never had an abusive boyfriend, but I know I wouldn't like it. I've never had my cats pee on my pillow, but I know I wouldn't like it. I've never been hit in the head with a hammer, but I know I wouldn't like it.

14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Why not actually experience the game yourself with this free trial?

Because some people are afraid that if they play the trial, they'll find that they liked it after all. ;)
    EiFlric.png