Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

Comments

• christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    @tanu Oh wow that was a tear jerker reading your story! Awww poor Nichol she looks so devastated and alone. I feel for both ladies losing their men. :'(
    Bet that was hard seeing one of the founders pass on.
    FEvr1sR.gif
    edited January 2015
    @ADWilson Wow that's cool, both Nikki and Kayla pregnant! :) That's awesome! :)

Love the picture of Reiley just aged up, he is adorable! :)
    Post edited by christinebremner on
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited February 2015
    Tanu's Legacy ~ Generation Three ~ Jasper's Teen years

Generation Three ~ Roll Three

Single Parent
    Three Children
    Culinary Career
    (No Secondary Career for Single Parent Roll)
    Opportunist
    Half Siblings

*This one is going to be a bit tough for me to play out but also part of why I'm doing the legacy. :) *

It was the same night when Zack returned for his beloved Nichol ~

necjs3.jpg

And just a couple of days later Wei was shocked to find out that Hannah could both see and hear him and that she knew who he was ~

2s1umuo.jpg

Early mornings became a bonding time for the Spirit of a father and his little girl

14uvyvl.jpg

She would try to tell Jasper about her time with their Dad but Jasper would just shake his head and smile at her. "Ok lil Sis if that's what you say then that's what it is." Now that he was a teen he was home less and less but the two still remained close. When he was around he would sometimes help her with her homework.

b5fubt.jpg

Or teach her to dance while giving her the advice never to fall in Love.

k16rnd.jpg

She would just grin and tell him that he may have everyone else fooled but she knew he had enough Love for two hearts!

14wq6tf.jpg

And of course she still wanted her hugs and would whisper to him "I know you Love me Jas!"

vdla91.jpg

One afternoon after school he stopped by the book store to see if he could find a used cooking book.

nm19gy.jpg

While there he just happened to meet a traveler from China.

taigqp.jpg

During their conversation the traveler told Jasper many things about his home land and then he told him that he knew his Dad's family and had known his father. They had gone to school together.

1zd5hlv.jpg

nedu6u.jpg

When he got home he went to find Hannah. She was out back at the family graves where she went every evening lately.

"What are you doing out here Hannah?"

She looked at him and smiled. "I'm waiting for Dad to come out. I want to tell him about my school project! You ok Jas?"

2j0lg9c.jpg

He nodded. "When Mom gets home I'm going to ask her if I can use the money Grandma left me from her paintings to go to China. I think I want to see where Dad came from.
    Post edited by tanubanue on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    It's so nice that Zack came back to be with Nichol as she crossed over to the other side. It makes it easier, I think. I find comfort in that in real life too (that angels and loved ones past will be near the one dying).

I love that Hannah can see and talk to her dad and that he helps her with homework. And I love the bond between her and her brother. I also enjoy the interest that Jasper has in his heritage. Hopefully he'll learn some great recipes while in China and maybe meet an interesting gal. ;)

Thank you for the update and all the great pictures.

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    It was nice seeing and reading your update Tanu. :) It is very special that Hannah can still be with and talk to her Dad. Our loved ones who have passed away are still with us everyday. They lovingly watch over, just waiting to reunite with us again. Love knows no bounds of place or time. Love is forever.
    It is a very nice and special relationship that Hannah and Jasper have as siblings. They know each other very well, and will always care for each other through all their simming lives. It is great and exciting that Jasper wants to go to his Dad's home country and learn more about his family history and where his Dad came from! As he has aged, his thiughts about his Dad's homeland has changed, so that is nice.
    It is nice that Zach and Nichol are together again.
    Thankyou for your great update! It is very nice seeing the ongoing story :)
    The new update tanu is very nice, looking forward to seeing more. :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:

The next day is…
    Snowflake Day!!!

To continue reading, please go to
    Have I Got A Story For You!
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:

“No, Wallace. You can’t join us and go into the delivery area.
    This is for family members only!”

It is a very nice update @Addy :) It is nice that both sisters had their children on the same day. It is great that you have on the wall family photos of the sims taken at special times in their lives. The photos look homely on the floral pattern of the wall paper. It is nice that in the midst of Kayla giving birth, all the other sims continued to enjoy doing snow activities. It is lovely that you posted a lullaby for the new little baby girl.
    It was a very special Snowflake Day! :)
    Nice update @Addy :) Looking forward to the next instalment. :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
    I think it's great that you both have had the same gender children each time, complete with older brother and little sister this time around. I am so looking forward to watching them as they grow up.

I think it's great that the baby's name is Rose. I thought maybe Rose would get a kick out of that too. And the Rosie Posey nickname fits perfectly!

I loved the snow pictures. Houses always take on a bit of a whimsical, magical look in winter. And so much fun to play in the snow and make things in it!

Yay for a nursery that easily fits an extra crib. OH, and I loved the nursery song. I've not heard those other verses and I like that you took creative license to tailor them to fit.

I love those photo booths at the festivals and try to take pictures at them every season too. I once had the seasons change every three days, so I could get pictures of my toddler, child, teen in each of them.

Did you know there is a mod to grow a bit each day so kids don't suddenly change at birthdays? It's a gradual getting taller and filling out a bit... Consort at ModtheSims. I have it on my computer, but I have not played with it yet. I think I will soon.

How I love that both sisters not only gave birth on the same day, but on Snowflake day! What a great gift for their families.

It was an absolutely perfect story and perfect gift for me. Thank you so very much, Addy!
    ciane wrote: »
    I think it's great that you both have had the same gender children each time, complete with older brother and little sister this time around. I am so looking forward to watching them as they grow up.

I think so too! I find it really, really interesting that we have had the same gender for heirs and even a brother/sister pair this time. We text each other at the time of births to mention the gender, perhaps the name chosen. I keep track of hers just long enough so I try not to borrow a name, but otherwise this random that isn't too random between our two games is quite neat to see.
    I think it's great that the baby's name is Rose. I thought maybe Rose would get a kick out of that too. And the Rosie Posey nickname fits perfectly!

Thanks! Her name suits her... she came with good and light sleeper. Likes the color yellow, fish & chips and kids music. No need to spend points and change her favorites down the road. I will definitely need to bin a copy of her, she's a cutie pie of a toddler!!!
    I loved the snow pictures. Houses always take on a bit of a whimsical, magical look in winter. And so much fun to play in the snow and make things in it!

They do! It was this picture/around this time that made me realize I didn't have a picture from Fall (when they moved in!). Maybe a future heir might become a photographer and will snap one of the house during each season... that would be nice :)
    Yay for a nursery that easily fits an extra crib. OH, and I loved the nursery song. I've not heard those other verses and I like that you took creative license to tailor them to fit.

I didn't want to change too much in the nursery as it is a lovely designed room, but I do want to have the little ones sleeping near one another - ease in taking care of them. Found out that I couldn't leave the play table at the angle you had when I placed it on the rug... the toddler would go sit down at the top of the stairs and do the toddler version of stamping feet. A simple turn of the table and problem easily solved.
    I love those photo booths at the festivals and try to take pictures at them every season too. I once had the seasons change every three days, so I could get pictures of my toddler, child, teen in each of them.

I set seasons to 7 days as I wanted a chance to experience them, but not get too tired of seeing a particular one.
    Ooh... I like your idea! I will definitely consider using it in a future game as I really like the idea of hanging these portraits on the wall.
    Did you know there is a mod to grow a bit each day so kids don't suddenly change at birthdays? It's a gradual getting taller and filling out a bit... Consort at ModtheSims. I have it on my computer, but I have not played with it yet. I think I will soon.

I didn't. Sounds rather intriguing. I just might snag a copy after you've reviewed it of course ;)
    How I love that both sisters not only gave birth on the same day, but on Snowflake day! What a great gift for their families.

When the message pop up stated Nikki was pregnant, I actually got giddy thinking that it could be the same day. Didn't know it was Snowflake Day as I wasn't looking at the workweek schedule much (Nichol is the only one with a career that shows it). By Nikki's party I knew the next day was Snowflake Day & was pretty sure Kayla would deliver. She arrives at the party and I literally stopped the game/pausing to move the camera angle around & around the two sisters checking out their sizes to try to see if it would indeed happen on the same day LOL
    It was an absolutely perfect story and perfect gift for me. Thank you so very much, Addy!

Hooray!!! ((throws confetti up in the air))
    I'm so HAPPY that you're happy with it :)

Dance, dance because...
    9f5efc1615e5f86d3945e98aedfd6a77.jpg

Thanks, Rose & Christine for your positive comments/compliments.

Very easy to...
    Keep_smiling.gif
    because of you two!!!
    Oops on the play table. I didn't have a toddler when play testing. They can be so weird about walking to another room for interactions!

I thoroughly trust mods from modthesims as they have lots of comments to read through that will tell if anyone had problems and what to do about them. I just need to see if it is updated to the latest patch (as I didn't update for a long, long time and so it might not be the latest version.

I like the snoopy dance!

Have a great day. Hugs and happy thoughts.
    No worries, Thank you for the great story! :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:

Nichol goes to work thinking that today might be THE day – the day when she gets promoted to Leader of the Free World.
    She has worked hard most of her life and is more than ready for the additional responsibility and if we’re honest here, the pay increase.

Great update! @Addy :) Riley is so cute, and looking forward to seeing how he looks once he has aged up! :) Yay to Nichol going to China, I hope she gets her work Opp full filled and some adventures along the way! :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
    When they are so close to promotion, I hold off on the opportunity until after they get promoted and use the work progression help for the next time. :smile:

Aw, they got to see their other grandson and Nikki came home while they were visiting... two thumbs up!

I'd say have fun in China, but I bet you already have by now.

I still enjoy seeing the house in your story. :) And I like seeing the snowman they made earlier too.

It's fun getting to know everyone in your stories. I hope you continue to have fun and enjoy sharing their stories all the way through your legacies.

I know you have more updates coming and I bet we get to see China, er Shang Simla.
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:
    Day ONE of three

Nichol: “We’re here! Oh my… it is so pretty here.
    Let me take care of business as quickly as I can so we can enjoy a few sights before we have to return home.”

It is great seeing the pictures of Nichol and Zach's trip to Shang Simla Addy :) They look like they enjoyed meeting new people there and making new friends. It was nice that they learnt new songs. It was great seeing the thought bubbles when they shared common interests. I will look forward to seeing day 2 and day 3 :)
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:
    Day TWO of three

The next day, they decide to do a bit of sightseeing and go visit the Scholar’s Garden after a bit of training at the Phoenix Academy.

Zach: “This view is as pretty as a picture!”

edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:
    Day THREE of three

The next morning is spent honing their skills a little bit further.